Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) (16850 Views)

Amosun Commissions International Breweries Plc Bara Ogun, Largest In West Africa / Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Project In Ogun State / Amosun Commissions $100m Factory(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Controversialbo(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2018
good devt
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by sanerugwei: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2018
This gomina with cap like c0ck head.
Let us hope he is thinking fast on how to tackle the herdsmen terrorists running amok in his state of recent
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Richkid97(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2018
I don’t have anything to say
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by fifty5(m): 11:47am On Feb 10, 2018
Kudos mr mediocre governor so many uncompleted project dots ogun state.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Nnamaka1: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:

The voltage drop will be immense and it's simply not economical either way. Anyways, a good practice is to design your network for diversified load. Unless you're going to limit each house usages by installing smaller cut out than the typical 100A cut out, all it takes is some few houses to switch on fridges and Ac and then you'll be in trouble.

Yes Boss, I forgot to note the inevitable voltage drop. But come to think of it, we recently installed 40kwP for just a single bank branch so what's the feat in 85kwP for 478 households??
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by liyaha(m): 11:55am On Feb 10, 2018
Ogijo road is beging for completion. Though work has commence,our fear is that you may abandon it halfway
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by frobeinus: 12:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
guys should check wella I hope they didn't stock pile it bags of sand as in d case of the fake rice pyramids. in fact let's see the pre wedding sorry i mean d pre inauguration pics.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:
How can 85kW supply over 400 properties? Even with a diversified load this well off the mark.

They are villagers;their energy requirements are not significant. Basic lighting is all
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
I didnt see what they commissioned, just some 250 naira bulb and a 50 naira tape and 75 naira scissors.

Can someone put up the pictures of the Solar-Grid Hybrid that has been commissioned.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by d4gmail: 12:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
85kW is too small. Only a pressing iron will consume almost 2kW. No to talk of pumping machine, microwave, freezer, etc. If you ask me, I will tell you 85kW is okay for about 15-25 homes.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by lekside11: 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Maybe it was just the ground breaking ceremony.
But honestly, 85KW power project should be a final year project for Electrical/Electronics Engineering student.

The generator in my office generates 500KW power.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by powerkey: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
Scam government of APC.
where is the thing commissioned?
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by olawonder(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
Naija get enough of these [/s]fake[s] occasional oyinbos grin
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Dollyak(f): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2018
oyb:

They are villagers;their energy requirements are not significant. Basic lighting is all
I would imagine the villages in Ogun state to be a bit different from other villages in Nigeria due to its close proximity to Lagos. I am pretty sure some of the villagers will have some basic amenities like fridge, iron, TV etc. Therefore, in order for it to work you need to restrict each user to 2 x bulb lighting which is a bit unrealistic and pointless.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:

I would imagine the villages in Ogun state to be a bit different from other villages in Nigeria due to its close proximity to Lagos. I am pretty sure some of the villagers will have some basic amenities like fridge, iron, TV etc. Therefore, in order for it to work you need to restrict each user to 2 x bulb lighting which is a bit unrealistic and pointless.

It is not about proximity. What do you think the average income is in those places?
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Dollyak(f): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
oyb:

It is not about proximity. What do you think the average income is in those places?

So you think 10% of that total household cannot boast of a basic domestic amenity? I feel uneasy btw having to explain why 85kW isn't appropriate for a 400+ properties. In a community of that size at least one or two house will have commercial electrical equipment like machine to grind pepper etc.

Simply ridiculous assumption if you are into physcis or engineering. The voltage drop (even with 300mm LV cable)will definitely be more than 20%, which is another loss on the network. You also need to consider the fact, in worsening sunlight conditions, the ability to deliver current is dramatically reduced (even though the open-circuit terminal voltage are normally constant at nominal voltage)
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Where is the project na?
Na ribbon and balloon we de see
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:

So you think 10% of that total household cannot boast of a basic domestic amenity? I feel uneasy btw having to explain why 85kW isn't appropriate for a 400+ properties. In a community of that size at least one or two house will have commercial electrical equipment like machine to grind pepper etc.

Simply ridiculous assumption if you are into physcis or engineering. The voltage drop will definitely be more than 20% which is another loss on the network.

I am into engineering and I do not subscribe to the assumptions that your average villager has a 5kva load. The biggest generator you will see in the village is 850 value I pass my neighbour. I don't know where you are getting these delusions that villagers are well heeled energy hogs with disposable income.

Go and read up on the village of lissa in Ogun state. That's where Bell view airlines crashed. There were a lot of reports after of the grinding poverty in the area.

That is a village, not the hamlet of your imagination

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by tabisegroup(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:
How can 85kW supply over 400 properties? Even with a diversified load this is well off the mark.

Hahahaha don't mind the politicians in this country. 2Kw isn't enough for an average household using the necessary elect appliances..dont know how he arrived at his load calculation n diversity of control analysis
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by tabisegroup(m): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Nnamaka1:

Yes Boss, I forgot to note the inevitable voltage drop. But come to think of it, we recently installed 40kwP for just a single bank branch so what's the feat in 85kwP for 478 households??
Dont mind all these Broad daylight scammers n politicians.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
show us the grid not amosun's cap
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Dollyak(f): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
oyb:

I am into engineering and I do not subscribe to the assumptions that your average villager has a 5kva load. The biggest generator you will see in the village is 850 value I pass my neighbour. I don't know where you are getting these delusions that villagers are well heeled energy hogs with disposable income.

Go and read up on the village of lissa in Ogun state. That's where Bell view airlines crashed. There were a lot of reports after of the grinding poverty in the area.

That is a village, not the hamlet of your imagination

You might be into engineering but you don't sound like it (at least for electrical engineering). Firstly, where have i said the average villager use 5kva, even lagos doesn't have an ADMD of 5KVA? Your fellow nl member have done some basic deductions per each domestic, so i suggest you read it again and stop arguing on what you have no idea about. Anyways, good luck.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Souljaboi1: 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Isn't it weird that we get pictures of the attendees but none of the infrastructure.

What does the grid look, what structures are present ?
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by benzion72(m): 1:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
No be this one go commission fake rice pyramid
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Maxigoody: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
supplying to 487 homes means it will only supply about 150W power per home which in my own technical consideration will only light few energy saving bulbs and power a small TV of 14" screen.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by Dronedude(m): 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
Dollyak:

The voltage drop will be immense and it's simply not economical either way. Anyways, a good practice is to design your network for diversified load. Unless you're going to limit each house usages by installing smaller cut out than the typical 100A cut out, all it takes is some few houses to switch on fridges and Ac and then you'll be in trouble.

Smart meters will be installed to prevent load per house thereby controling their consumption based on their given energy demand.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by borrelia: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
Oga Governor, I hope this one is not a fake project just like the rice project.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by ballerin(m): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
Amarabae:
Where is the project na?
Na ribbon and balloon we de see
How about the ribbon around your booty & the balloon on your chest all for my lustful pleasure.
Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
buffalowings:

Just researched wella
1MW will supply between 400 and 600 homes
85kw is less than 1 MW, far less actually it is about 0.085 of 1 MW.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) by buffalowings: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
ernieboy:
85kw is less than 1 MW, far less actually it about 0.085 of 1 mW.

Yea I know
Just trying to say how ridiculous 85kw is for 400 people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Can't Avoid Borrowing- Fashola, Zainab, Saraki / Dino Melaye: Buhari Should Address Nigerians, Not Through Garba Shehu / Mass Exodus Hits Kebbi APC, As 2 Ex-Dep. Govs, Ex-SSG, 2 Ex-SAs Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.