Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison (5191 Views)

Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by connectikut89(m): 12:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
Ronpet777:

God bless u sir. More wisdom!

Bros this has been debunked. Groaning is not speaking in tongues. Check my earlier posts or MuttleyLaff's.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by connectikut89(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
rhektor:

I wonder waht conectiku 89 was saying ó, holy spirit groaning? This is laughable grin grin grin

The joke is on you man. It is basic comprehension. Maybe you should read other versions if NKJV is proving too complex to comprehend.

Romans 8:26-27 AMP - In the same way the Spirit [comes to us and] helps us in our weakness. We do not know what prayer to offer or how to offer it as we should, but the Spirit Himself [knows our need and at the right time] intercedes on our behalf with sighs and groanings too deep for words. And He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because the Spirit intercedes [before God] on behalf of God’s people in accordance with God’s will.

Romans 8:26‭-‬27 ERV - Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We don’t know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit himself speaks to God for us. He begs God for us, speaking to Him with feelings too deep for words. God already knows our deepest thoughts. And He understands what the Spirit is saying, because the Spirit speaks for his people in the way that agrees with what God wants.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
connectikut89:
Bros this has been debunked.
Groaning, is not speaking in tongues
Check my earlier posts or MuttleyLaff's
Tell them brother
Hope Petra1, Ronpet777, rhektor and Company brother understand this.

connectikut89:
Thank you for this.
I couldn't agree more and I couldn't have said it better.

In response to petra1, the word ‘groanings’ used in verse 26 is the greek word, 'stenagmos’ which means heart murmurings.
It is also used in Acts 7:34, “I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them.”

You can't say the Israelites were speaking in tongues as at the time, can you?
ERV Bible uses "crying" instead of "groaning" in the aforementioned verse.

Sometimes when we are in great despair, and pray to the Father, we have a fervent desire to express these things eloquently in prayer in such a way as to be answered.

However often we can’t put words to the burdens of our heart, and we really just groan in our spirit, but don’t feel as if we’re accomplishing much.

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit takes the groanings of our heart and turns them into intelligible prayers that God answers
My brother, you're blessed.

I don't know about any of your experiences,
but let's just put it this way,
and must say, I wouldn't wish it on my enemy to be caught in dire straits like that

So, there are two occasions in my life,
when I was in dire straits and a right pickle where whilst in these unpalatable situations, I prayed to God, the prayers got to a point, that I couldn't articulate or put in words anymore what I was praying about, that I just groaned and sighed.

The groans, came from the inner deep fibre of my being.
It felt like I was at the end of my tethers, and actually had no more strength to pray, that I just have to resort to sighing at the situation and made groans, literally crying for the help and mercy of God
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by rhektor(m): 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Tell them brother
Hope Petra1, Ronpet777, rhektor and Company brother understand this.

My brother, you're blessed.

I don't know about any of your experiences,
but let's just put it this way,
and must say, I wouldn't wish it on my enemy to be caught in dire straits like that

So, there are two occasions in my life,
when I was in dire straits and a right pickle where whilst in these unpalatable situations, I prayed to God, the prayers got to a point, that I couldn't articulate or put in words anymore what I was praying about, that I just groaned and sighed.

The groans, came from the inner deep fibre of my being.
It felt like I was at the end of my tethers, and actually had no more strength to pray, that I just have to resort to sighing at the situation and made groans, literally crying for the help and mercy of God

Nobody is saying groaning means speaking in tongues, however when you pray in spirit the spirit aid you with your prayers, as you may not know what to pray for or how to pray. It is the spirit that made you groan. Not that the spirit groan can't you just understand simple English? Or would I need translate to your dialect? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by BushWickBill: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
connectikut89:

U're equally doing a good job my brother. We will not allow peddlers of the word of God for money twist scriptures. Not under our watch!
You don't know petra1
The biggest twister of God's word per excellence this part of the equator.

He is lucky we aren't in the Old Testament where lightning from heaven used to strike errant folks. Else all this his biblical somersaults for don earn am one bolt
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
connectikut89:

Bros this has been debunked. Groaning is not speaking in tongues. Check my earlier posts or MuttleyLaff's.

I couldn't agree more with your post about groaning... More oil of knowledge on your head through Christ.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by budaatum: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Now I am not going to live it down
You ol, man!
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by budaatum: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
jamescross:
you will again quote half my post an try to take it round and round just to go in circles, in chess it's trying to be tricky and play for a draw.

Hey, in chess, its kosher to play for a draw. One does it in order not to rack up a loss! I may hate when one draws a game on me, for they'd only go for a draw if they were likely to lose. I love when I get a draw though, because it saved me from losing.

But chess is a rather different kettle of fish to what we do here. Here don't have the nicely laid out established rules of chess!

If anyone wants a game, join me on gameknot. Its free to play.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by ogyunging(m): 1:49am On Feb 16, 2018
Growing up i actually believed in 'speaking in tongues' like in the bible at the tower of babel. That kind of 'tongues' , different languages kinda tin. But no! What we have now is gibberish in the name of 'tongues' no yoruba, no french, no ptchwi, no chinese, no ancient language sef. Ignorance is bliss but stupidity is just... Stewpid. I judge no one cuz i tried it, it just felt orchestrated and rehearsed. I feel stupid when am trying to deceive myself. Different strokes for different folks. Still.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 8:07am On Feb 16, 2018
budaatum:
Hey, in chess, its kosher to play for a draw.
One does it in order not to rack up a loss!
I may hate when one draws a game on me, for they'd only go for a draw if they were likely to lose.
I love when I get a draw though, because it saved me from losing.

But chess is a rather different kettle of fish to what we do here.
Here don't have the nicely laid out established rules of chess!

If anyone wants a game, join me on
Its free to play
budaatum, hi, holler whenever you're going to be between up 1-2 hours uninterruptedly online please.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 18, 2018
Cc;lalasticlala,seun,OAM4J happy Sunday
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Kolanist(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
SMH. Facepalm. SMH
I have never read nor come across a discombobulated post such as this before
I expect you too, do a runner soon after questions are put to you, just like Ronpet777 earlier did, running away retreating with tail between legs

I doubt you objectively read OPs post
SMH. The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.
The thing about the truth is, not a lot of people can handle it
i understand u to some extent. Maybe my post is complex but it is because u probably do not goto church and u are not conversant with the bible or spiritual things. This is what i advise u, read the post gradualy and also READ THE BIBLE PASSAGES I QUOTED\POSTED ,u probably didnt open a bible to read the scriptures i posted. Do this then we can talk
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Kolanist(m): 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

The op meant there is no such thing as PRAYING in tongues ,why dont u open to 1CORINTHIANS 14:14("for if i PRAY in an unknown tongue...:.........." ) . If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that ("with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" ) . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says ("........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" ) .pls get a bible and read the scriptures i posted\quoted dont just argue blindly
stephenmorris:
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Kolanist(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17. There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues(1CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR(1CORINTHIANS 14:27-28). Every christian can PRAY in tongues(it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE)&all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\(this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism) but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1CORINTHIANS 12:10&30). If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear(ACTS 2:1-15).The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk ,this is what happened in Cornelius's house(ACTS 10:44-46). This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly .SPEAKING in tongues(without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers(any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter)(not all believers can do this) can be done in the church, there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown
stephenmorris:
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 11:44am On May 20, 2020
Wrong thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ATHEISTS ONLY! Some Food For Thought... / Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity) / All Sufficient God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.