Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription (64014 Views)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Pharovo(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
Did 12.5 GB earlier in Jan the thing expired on the 2nd of Feb with over 7.6GB inside. I had to pack to my friends place to make sure i download the hell out of the remaining 7+GB but Glo will always be Glo, to open one page na die. I don port to Airtel and am never going the glo part ever again. Most useless network ever. There are times here in Warri where there won't be data network for 3 days its a shame. To even think that glo is our own indigenous network provider makes it even more disgraceful.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
imam07:
Network no dey my sitting room but on top my bed beside the window.
My neighbours always wonder why am always on the bed lying down.

probably you're masturbating with xvideos.

glo rocks
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by tammyboy1(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
lol op,we are on the same ish,Glo no see me again
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by trenchmonk(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
united4men:
the speed depends on your area. In my area, the speed is very OK though it is poor when I get to some other areas

Well, it seem like a normal network downtime except that it's becoming too often. I can't really cope with the new data rate cos even with all the downtime, I still find time to do quick download when the network is fast. I think they have browsing issue but download is still good. Their reduced data allowance is still more attractive than other network offering.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.
That sh¡t was crazy mehn, I had to break that sim and toss it into the bin, I'm currently enjoying my Airtel 4G sim, no more snail network... You took the best decision in your life on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by donhils: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Good riddance
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
peteregwu:
The thing self Don tire me. Mine will expire on the 25th of this month. I am even praying for it to expire. Believe I will never buy any data from glo again through out this year. I have been frustrated so much by it. I can only buy credit to make calls but as for data, am done with it.
Even their call is damn expensive, is it that yeye bumpa package that you can't even relax while calling because you will be scared it will finish in your very eyes.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Ikwokrikwo: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
Patrick33:
no besides that..whenever am in a place with favourable nenetwork..o stream alot of videos at high quality to max out the data..but trust me it lasts way more than airtel...
whenever you are in a place with good network you said, that's once in a while but as for Airtel network is always good so you Will expectedly consume data faster using airtel.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Offpoint: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
jerflakes:
All those using glo for calls, e be like say glo never give you bald head?

If you check your account balance after making a call, all the hairs on your head go just fall off

E fit be say na almost N1 per second they dey charge sef

Make calls with glo at your peril
I think Sey na only my line dey experienced am o... N100 glo card no fit make 3minutes call.... e go even worse if Na borrow... just 2mins....

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
jerflakes:
All those using glo for calls, e be like say glo never give you bald head?

If you check your account balance after making a call, all the hairs on your head go just fall off

E fit be say na almost N1 per second they dey charge sef

Make calls with glo at your peril
I dry tell you... Call tariff too much!
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaymichael:
Shebi that one good na. In my own case, there will be network on the floor of my bedroom but not on my bed. If I really want to browse, I will move to my parlour on top of my 3 seater couch, that's where I will get good network reception. I will still subscribe to glo sha not withstanding. I just don't trust those Indian Airtel people. 4Gb is normal 800mb.
its not like that again o, that's what I'm using now. #Airtel

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Scetrocom: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaymichael:
Shebi that one good na. In my own case, there will be network on the floor of my bedroom but not on my bed. If I really want to browse, I will move to my parlour on top of my 3 seater couch, that's where I will get good network reception. I will still subscribe to glo sha not withstanding. I just don't trust those Indian Airtel people. 4Gb is normal 800mb.

As far as I'm concerned, Glo is still better than Airtel in term of data. Glo data is always complete not Airtel that will give you 800mb in place of 4Gig.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
sanandreas:
grin grin grin I am dumping my Sim too. Going to get new Airtel Sim.
4G blazing, make sure you are getting the 4G enabled sim.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Offpoint: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
imam07:
Network no dey my sitting room but on top my bed beside the window.
My neighbours always wonder why am always on the bed lying down.
your own better, my own na one side of my bed network dey..... if I dare switch side... that's it.... I need go toilet go grab dey network...den waka one side one side before I reach bed...

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by adisabarber(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
grin

ImaIma1:
So it is a general thing.

I had to go to my backyard for my glo data to work. I will now carry stool and go and sit there just so i can get network. I switched sims immediately. Waiting for it to finish or expire is not an option.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
ololadeimmanuel:
You people are still lamenting..ive burnt my own sim danu danu..i kuku told them on twitter that theyre mad
lol... Them dey mad!
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by AerialMapper: 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Glo data is really frustrating!!!! When it is good...which is as rare as finding a chicken with teeth, it is really good but when it is bad ...it is always bad!!!! BUT... I am currently in a remote location along the okene- ajaokuta expressway in a busy and surprisingly I've got faster internet than in my house in Abuja.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sezua(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:

The comments here answered your question. Or, you think all these people commenting here are my next door neighbours?
Enjoy ur day.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaymichael:
airtel is terrible o, my 10gig finished in 2weeks, no heavy downloads
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
So, what's the best plan now. Between MTN or Airtel. My fear is the zapping these guys do. That's stealing.
Airtel don't do zapping again.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by wristbangle: 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
I hope GLO sees this. They are the most useless network in the world currently.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Humility017(m): 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
LadySarah:
Frustrated fools !I dumped their sim last week after it took me 3 days to update my whatsapp.

The sim was jyst 3 weeks old.the first week it was good(4G).By the 2nd week 2G,the remaining week was the most frustrating week of my life.

Back to MTN biko
MTN and 9mobile are the best for internet...just that they are both expensive..

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
kinibigdeal:
Glo is better on iPhones, I have never experienced all the above complaints except glo now zap your data as quick as possible. My 2gig no longer last me more than a week. Glo network still remain the best
Glo customer care agent spotted.

4 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Humility017(m): 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
LadySarah:
Frustrated fools !I dumped their sim last week after it took me 3 days to update my whatsapp.

The sim was jyst 3 weeks old.the first week it was good(4G).By the 2nd week 2G,the remaining week was the most frustrating week of my life.

Back to MTN biko
MTN and 9mobile are the best for internet...just that they are both expensive..
I have a GLO mast close to my house...still my phone struggle to load pages..when browsing

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
sanandreas:
grin grin grin I am dumping my Sim too. Going to get new Airtel Sim.
don't try airtel o
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by edonbeta: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please come and join me in my own enjoyment with MTN. They are still the best.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by sanandreas(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
bjhaid:
don't try airtel o

I left my house to look for network just to upload some doc. It is still frustrating all my efforts.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Justbeingreal(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
ebony111:
Port to 19mobile, oo sorry 9mobile
o I forget, I used etisalat now 9mobile with my modern years back, fast network n zapping data like madt, haven't tried them recently tho
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Kaybaba5(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
Glo don suffer
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by AlanSugar(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
thegentleman:
4G blazing, make sure you are getting the 4G enabled sim.

Pls does the so called 4G-enabled sim work with all phones or just 4G-enabled phones?
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ADRIAN88(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
ololadeimmanuel:
You people are still lamenting..ive burnt my own sim danu danu..i kuku told them on twitter that theyre mad

Oshey!! Awon BurnaBoi! grin
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by abiolag(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Code please?
*406*1# to migrate to the plan which will make ur calls 6.6 naira per minute and *406*2# for d data
It's d sweetest plan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

##Tecno Camon C9 Fully Confirmed Specs, Images And Discussion Thread## / Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold / The First Person To Buy iPhone 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.