Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription (64084 Views)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by maasoap(m): 9:37am On Feb 11, 2018
united4men:
the speed depends on your area. In my area, the speed is very OK though it is poor when I get to some other areas
This time around, glo network is poor nationwide.

11 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by oPPOSEE: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2018
please don't come to airtel and cause traffic there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sunkyphil(m): 9:46am On Feb 11, 2018
oPPOSEE:
lols funny u

We are coming

5 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Exactly. Thought I was the only person that observed this. My 2gig just breeze out under how many days. I'm done with them.
So, what's the best plan now. Between MTN or Airtel. My fear is the zapping these guys do. That's stealing.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2018
oPPOSEE:
What Airtel plan do you use and does it zap?
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Justbeingreal(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2018
These networks are really screwing us badly, I have used glo in the past I almost cried and then switched to aitel but Airtel can zap data like madt and sometimes the network de kolo u can't browse with it in some areas, I switched to mtn well they don't zap that much the network is stable, but from nowhere late last year increased their price, now I'm back to airtel still they still de zap.....

I confuse!

11 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Uchwilliam(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2018
Only idm on my computer can do it

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
So, what's the best plan now. Between MTN or Airtel. My fear is the zapping these guys do. That's stealing.
Honestly, I don't know. But mtn might be the best bet.
Once this little data on my glo data is exhausted, I will borrow some data, finish it and dump the sim.
That's their punishment.

6 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Honestly, I don't know. But mtn might be the best bet.
Once this little data on my glo data is exhausted, I will borrow some data, finish it and dump the sim.
That's their punishment.
Okay. But you don't have to use that as punishment. It is stealing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Okay. But you don't have to use that as punishment. It is stealing.
Ok Sir.

5 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by sinaj(f): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
Exactly. Thought I was the only person that observed this. My 2gig just breeze out under how many days. I'm done with them.
hehe

Xme here o!
Used mine for just 8days. I no use again biko.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Amarabae(f): 11:06am On Feb 11, 2018
GLO is TOTAL RUBBISH.
they should use the money and time that they use in numerous adverts to improve their network.
So slow and annoying.
Etisalat is the best abeg

7 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by 1kinggy(m): 11:08am On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.

Good riddance.

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by kinibigdeal(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2018
Glo is better on iPhones, I have never experienced all the above complaints except glo now zap your data as quick as possible. My 2gig no longer last me more than a week. Glo network still remain the best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nasa28(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2018
Amarabae:
GLO is TOTAL RUBBISH.
they should use the money and time that they use in numerous adverts to improve their network.
So slow and annoying.
Lol...na today? They're busy signing Ad deals with musicians

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ruffDiamond: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.
I hate that network with a passion! Adenuga is G boy,a fraudster per excellence!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Onisokuso1(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2018
I don dump them mama since last month angry

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ololadeimmanuel(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2018
Airtel or Etisalat is what I use.

Airtel 1k for 3GB
Or
Etisalat 1k3 for 2GB

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sirventor01(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2018
My problem with glo is to call for the past 1 week now I can't call out, can't receive any because the conversation would be like an argument between a blind and a dumb man...useless network

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by kinibigdeal(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2018
Amarabae:
GLO is TOTAL RUBBISH.
So slow and annoying.

Glo remain the best, try it on iPhones. The only issue I have with them now is that they now zap your data as quick as possible. Their 2gig only last me for a week now

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by DWJOBScom(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2018
Me am rocking glo network so wella
I even stream football matches.

There were times I thought they were horrible then they bounced back again .

Please check your settings too and you leave it on 3G only as that's the only way i get to enjoy it.

I alternate btw glo and etisalat but trust glo more

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by toluxa1(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2018
ololadeimmanuel:
shocked

baba na you oh

I'm a heavy user. I used to do their 55GB and sometimes it doesn't last a month. I hotspot it to my laptop and my Smart TV to stream Netflix.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by edupedia: 11:14am On Feb 11, 2018
imam07:
Glo is like buhari govt to me. After buying data, the 3g will just be playing me hide and seek game. I no fit cry. Thank God I am delivered. Now using MTN data.
Glo did not know they do us good by reducing their data.

....I am using MTN and dat one dey behave like GEJ and PDP....its laik na me sing put all my money for them waist o!..yeye network...chop your money like PDP......

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Cuteamigo1(m): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2018
if you still intend to use glo, go to you internet settings and change the network type to wcdma only. it more stable than the other options. many people dont know this and thats why they complain about glo.

4 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by bumi10(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2018
Hahahahaha - guys and lamenting are like 5 and 6

To be candid, glo has been zapping data since time immemorial. Most of us didn't notice because they are giving us double data bonuses but now that they have removed it, our eyes don open to the reality.

Truth is, glo network is the worst network in Nigeria and most of us are still using the network because of the unfair advantage. But now, that advantage is gone.

The zapping is real guys cuz N2000 data no dey reach me a week again. But were I am, glo data network is amazing. Day time I get upto 300kbps, night time I get over 600kbps.

3 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by abiolag(m): 11:17am On Feb 11, 2018
I'll never leave my beloved MTN (Everywhere u go)
The speed is out of this world. 500 naira for 1 gig weekly

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by dyemida(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2018
Patrick33:
Airtel dey suck mb with straw oo..no joy for their mb at all..glo has very bad network but their mb dey last..but the recent slash in data is a very big no...and when my sub expires I'll quietly keep the sim in a cool dry place

Let me tell you the difference. Glo is so bad, you can't use it, so it remains there for longer than other networks that works well. So it's not like Glo doesn't zap, it's just that there's no avenue to zap. They can't zap what you don't use at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by luminouz(m): 11:18am On Feb 11, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
if you still intend to use glo, go to you internet settings and change the network type to wcdma only. it more stable than the other options. many people dont know this and thats why they complain about glo.
On a phone
Can't find those options!!

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Angelawhite(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
When I need to download heavy files, I have to drive 10 minutes away from my house to get a better reception.
Stupid network

5 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Keywordconcept(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
The speed is very fast in location.

Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold / How To Fix "Application Not Installed" Error On An Android Phone / ##Tecno Camon C9 Fully Confirmed Specs, Images And Discussion Thread##

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.