Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription (64013 Views)

How To Subscribe To Glo Yakata Plan And Get Up To 6GB Data And Much More / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Letter To Glo: Why Is Your Internet Not Loading Many Important Websites?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by manci(m): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
united4men:
the speed depends on your area. In my area, the speed is very OK though it is poor when I get to some other areas
is like you're trying to convince me to vote SHEKAU as Nigerian president.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by PaddyX: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
iyke926:
Airtel or Etisalat is what I use.

Airtel 1k for 3GB
Or
Etisalat 1k3 for 2GB
Abeg what are the codes for both of them
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by starmich2004: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
sinaj:
oga lie small small nau cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Bolubaba(m): 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
MRAKBEE:
Glo made the wrong move by reviewing its data subscription plans.
Nobody would have complained even in the light of poor internet service cos of the data bonus which is a compensation

Airtel also reduced their 2g-network 6gb to 3gb. So I think all the network must be carefully checked before making any hasty decision.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by vesselchino(f): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
glo is the best network I have used imagine recharging 200 and you will get free 1000 airtime to call glo to glo and a whooping 250mb to broswe. currently I have not seen any seen any network that is more reliable and efficient than glo. glo rule your beautiful world!
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by emerged01(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
oPPOSEE:
please don't come to airtel and cause traffic there.
Lol! No mind dem don go scatter glo network with awoof promo,now dem come dey complain.
Make dem live and die with glo o,make dem no come scatter airtel for us o
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by connectboi(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
it depends on area guys just finish using my 4gb data plan duo slow at times but it still Owk better.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Bolubaba(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
olayinkajnr:

MTN doesn't zap data. They charge based on your actual usage.

Airtel is another story.

I use 9mobile though, even though there data plans are expensive, I prefer them. Just like MTN, they don't zap too and I get lots of bonuses.

For instance, if I recharge 1k, I get 1200 for calls for other network and another 1200 for 9mobile lines.

If I use 1.2k to subscribe for their 1.5gb plan, I get 750mb bonus to use for one month during the day between 5:01am to 11:59am. And another 750mb bonus to be used for one month between 12am to 5am.

Making a total of 3gb?
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Tedama(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
I observed that glo network is now slow in areas where it used to be fast before. In those areas the 3g sign now shows 2g or none. In my house it's so fast because the 3g shows there. In my office its always 2g and so slow. So what I did was to call 444 which is their internet customer care number. It was frustrating but I eventually spoke to them about the area with 2g coverage. So they sent their technician there to service their equipment. Within few hours the 3g network came fully back. So please call 444 and complain about ur area. They will rectify it. If u don't complain they won't know. Please spread this info

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by spookydee(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
jaymichael:
Shebi that one good na. In my own case, there will be network on the floor of my bedroom but not on my bed. If I really want to browse, I will move to my parlour on top of my 3 seater couch, that's where I will get good network reception. I will still subscribe to glo sha not withstanding. I just don't trust those Indian Airtel people. 4Gb is normal 800mb.

No network in my house except in the toilet and on the kitchen cabinet.. I still have 7.9gig left
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Slymonster:

Bros i thought it was only me o with airtel. Sometimes i wonder what i use that i will be subscribing 5k twice inside a month and all series i use to download have stop for now till next year...Their mata shock me but i have no options since the network stream and does everything even with one bar.Will soon try spectranet or any one than wasting such
its very painful Mehn, I wonder if things will ever get better
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ignosi: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
If I can't go outside to stream any video, I go to the bathroom
Same here bro.... It's pains when I get glo network few inches out of my house... Places I get receptions are outside, toilet and top of the fridge..

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Bolubaba(m): 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
olayinkajnr:

MTN doesn't zap data. They charge based on your actual usage.

Airtel is another story.

I use 9mobile though, even though there data plans are expensive, I prefer them. Just like MTN, they don't zap too and I get lots of bonuses.

For instance, if I recharge 1k, I get 1200 for calls for other network and another 1200 for 9mobile lines.

If I use 1.2k to subscribe for their 1.5gb plan, I get 750mb bonus to use for one month during the day between 5:01am to 11:59am. And another 750mb bonus to be used for one month between 12am to 5am.

Making a total of how many gb including the bonuses?
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by newoffer: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Glo is suppose to be a national network. spare me the per second billing shit. The shit they offer their country men is not worth. U don't need to know cos they are sick

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by AYConnect: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Buy your cheaper SME Data Bundle @ AY CONNECT

-MTN
2GB 1200
3GB 1800
-AIRTEL
1.5GB 950
3.5GB 1900
-9MOBILE
1GB 900
2.5GB 1900

Bigger Bundle Size Also Available...

Call or WhatsApp 0816 763 3956
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by RealityShot: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
imam07:
Glo is like buhari govt to me. After buying data, the 3g will just be playing me hide and seek game. I no fit cry. Thank God I am delivered. Now using MTN data.
Glo did not know they do us good by reducing their data.
how much is the data now? What did they reduce?

i havent loaded since they promised 4gb and gave me 1.5gb in Jan.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by daveson2020(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Glo is the worst network in Nigeria followed by airtel. Ncc are not doing anything.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.

You learnt this in hard way... I had for long neglect that "useless good for nothing glo network"

2 Likes

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Sunkyphil(m): 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
going back to airtel bb10 sub that i dropped 2years ago,its the only plan i know that doesnt zap
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by RealityShot: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Tedama:
I observed that glo network is now slow in areas where it used to be fast before. In those areas the 3g sign now shows 2g or none. In my house it's so fast because the 3g shows there. In my office its always 2g and so slow. So what I did was to call 444 which is their internet customer care number. It was frustrating but I eventually spoke to them about the area with 2g coverage. So they sent their technician there to service their equipment. Within few hours the 3g network came fully back. So please call 444 and complain about ur area. They will rectify it. If u don't complain they won't know. Please spread this info
with whose money will we call?
Dont they know that IT equiment need routine maintenance?
Let them do their, we are paying heavily for it!
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by bigtt76(f): 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
I read through and have experienced it first hand but works for me.

maasoap:

I read through your four questions. Let me just say that I'm not new to phones and Naija networks. It affects me and it affects people around me. It's a new development. This issue has always been there before but it is currently at a new level. Did you take your time to read few comments here? That says it all. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by riyanxeally(f): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
is it mtn thts betterve spent five k on data in less dan a week...enjoyment is expensive..

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Veetee(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
glo is slo
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
glo no try at all. The slashing of the data jus dey vex me...
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by galaxy2020(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
I use all the four network, anyone that gives be headache, I dump it immediately. I have never bought data from Glo b4. There network is terrible, I wonder if those working are not hearing all these complains about their network and do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by xreal: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:
My data just expired and sms alert was sent from Glo network. I'm glad to inform you that I was happy it was finally over with the frustration of the highest order. For the past one or more week, I couldn't open a website page with it.
It was badly timed for glo: reduction of data volume by half combined with the dead network. Bye bye to rubbish.
Please, don't tell me that it was due to my area.

I was also in such bondage for many years (in the name of patronising a Nigerian telecom provider).
God delivered me of the bondage early last year.

I experience better service with Aitel ever since then.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by NothingDoMe: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
ThisIsFlashh:
You know the category of those with that "it's your area" syndrome.

Yeye people. gringringrin

But it's true na. 4G in my area is mad fast
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by xreal: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
riyanxeally:
is it mtn thts betterve spent five k on data in less dan a week ...enjoyment is expensive..

Jesu!

Instagram girl spotted.
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by bummyla(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Glo stole my N11k last 2 years, so I dumped their ass!
Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
I hate Nigeria just because our Government does not care about issues like this.

Ghana, Kenya and smaller Africa countries have many internet service providers with cheap and fast services.

In Nigeria, it is always paddy-paddy system. They give licences to a few individuals to have virtual monopoly on the country. Instead of giving licenses to small companies to provide services in their area and help introduce competition and high quality services in Nigeria.

Controlling everything from one office in Abuja has been the root of corruption and inefficiency in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
maasoap:

I recharged 1k, left it for one day and N100 gone. I called them and I was told that I subscribed to whatever and that they had unsubscribed me. The next day, another N100 gone! And they wouldn't notify or alert you that they have deducted your airtime, you can only know if you check your airtime balance. My brother abandoned two glo SIMS over frequent airtime stealing with no end to it.
You are not lying. Glo do steal airtime. There was a time I had 2k credit on my sim, the next day they have deducted 100 Naira. I called them, they were telling me rubbish that I subscribed to one thing. I told them I want to deactivate it, which o did. 2 days ago, 100 Naira was deducted without notification.

1 Like

Re: Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription by KingsleyCEO: 4:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Mine remains 304mb, once it finishes, I'm moving the glo SIM to my small Fero torchlight phone,just for call bonus.
Very frustrating network. In the same house, network will be in room A and not in room B. Or in a room, the network in the bathroom will be stronger than the one in the room

Common sense should tell you to use your seating room as the bathroom while you use the bathroom as seating room. grin grin grin don't thank me. What are friends for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

##Tecno Camon C9 Fully Confirmed Specs, Images And Discussion Thread## / Innjoo I2s Vs Infinix Zero Gold / The First Person To Buy iPhone 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.