Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (3151 Views)

Would You Rather Have Your Girl Lie To You About Her Past Or Tell You The Truth / Guys Can U Marry A Lady That Has Done like 2 Abortion In Her Past Relationship / Her Past Is Too Much For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Poster

Lets hear your own past, the number of women you had slept with, the kind of clubs you had been, the life you had lived in the past generally- dont leave anything out- then we can compare and contrast and advice you accordingly.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Greatnerd(f): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2010
U shuld sit her down, tel her how much u luv her(be sincere pls) xplain 2 her aw her behaviour is afectin ur relatnship nd wuldn't get u guys anywhere,tel her 2 drop dem nd pls help her in doin so. Wish u luck
Re: . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
Her past frightens you? Oh you r such a chicken! tongue cheesy
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
if your past is that clean, how come you allow yourself to meet such a person you have described? and please, out of curiosity, where did you meet her, or how did you meet her?
Re: . by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2010
Oh boy.

Live with the past i beg. From the way you talked about her - she seems to be a nice girl. Tell me who doesnt have a past? To some women, your past with four women is enough to scare the living daylights out of them - so, come on, live with it or let her go.
Re: . by iice(f): 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2010
You should be scared.
How often does she mention missing this past?
If she's missing it alot. . .there's a good chance she will slip right back to it.
Some people at that age are not ready to leave the party life behind.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by iice(f): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2010
Well you can shoot for talking to her about moving forward. Dunno if that will sink into her head undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by filani(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ apocalypse
I honestly don't see the dilema here for you. This babe is obviously bad news but you seem to be reluctant to do the smart thing by cutting her out of ur life as quickly as possible.

Are you waiting for her to have another drunken episode where she ends up fucking your best freind & defending herself by giving you the " i was drinking & dancing on the stage , then mistakenly slipped and fell on top of his dick " speech in order for you get the message ? undecided

I believe you know deep in your heart that this girl is no good for you , just  MAN UP  and show her the way to the door b/4 she messes up the good life you have going for you right now .
Re: . by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by iice(f): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
apocalypse:

Thing is she's very very smart and intelligent but I don't see what she gains by clubbing and debauchery , can't she see where she's heading.
I doubt she'll see it now. Sometimes it takes longer to sink it. Sometimes, it takes the word of someone to light the switch.
Re: . by filani(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ apocalypse
Dude , why are you still talking like this ? this your babe is so smart she managed to screw up her life so bad b/4 she reached age 23  undecided undecided undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by kpolli(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2010
well ur case is touching but i dont think u should leave her, she is recovering, she is still gonna have relapses but u need to stick wit her to the very end and am sure u wouldnt regret it
Re: . by cliveland: 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ poster,

its a pity i still have a friend as urs that i broke up with, cos in her/my own case tried lying but i caught her, i club, party and get around a lot incidentally i dont smoke and still have lots of control over me, most likely she's a nympho and at the age she/u claim she is[half d babes in our higher institutions are, i hope i'll not be crucified for that ascertion].

it might take a much longer time to effectively change her perceptions to life, , easy money, sugardaddies, guys, boose, sex, etc. my "friend" even went for 3 months councelling at Redeemed camp for trouble young girls somewhere in Epe, she came back and went into it again, scares me sometimes even as a guy, i ve probably done shit stuffs, but i just thank God i didnt sink into it. the issue here, is simple, if you truly want her stick to her if shes honest about moving on start with changing her phone number thats her 1st link to her past, then after take each day as it comes but then u'll also have to be very strong, she get past it, it a phase in life except she's "caused" love is the most stupid feeling in the world but yet still the most wonderful!!!

my "friend" is gradually after almost 2years of shouting, swearing and threats that i'll never see her again adjusting with the real world.

BE STRONG !!!
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2010
apocalypse:

@ Labiyemmy : It's not the past I'm worried about it's the future , what are the chances she'll go back to it.

Now you said its the future you are afraid of? then change the title to the post then.
Re: . by TMoni1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
Stick with her! Just be patient, Shes was just astray, when she needed guidance she didn't get one,

We are all capable of going astray sometimes.
Re: . by Travelista(f): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
Just be her friend for the time being and watch what she does. If you're her boyfriend and she starts slipping up, you'll be pissed and you could push her further into her old lifestyle. I mean, ol' girl went something hard to have accomplished what she did in less than a year.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
Give her more time n watch mayb she wil change n if she does nt,quit.a broken r/ship is beta dan a broken marriage.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: . by richard69(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2010
@ poster, Godly repentance bringeth no so sorrow. Since she is missing her old ways she will go back to it sooner or later.
Once a LovePeddler always a LovePeddler.
Be wise!
Re: . by Areaboy2(m): 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2010
damn!  how the hell do you guys do that stuff.  talk on the phone for 2hrs?   shocked  15mins and i'll have an excuse to get off the damn phone,  tongue

anyways,  back to your situation.  there's nothing she has done that is out of this world.  if u really do luv her u might as well share some of her ideas of fun i.e. clubbing and all.

maybe take her clubbing sometimes and let her feel free.  its better she acts like that in front of you rather than hidding it from u.  however, if u really dont dig stuffs like that, then u'll prolly need to find another pass time activity both of you can enjoy that'll keep her from missing her past,

have i said enuff??  

if u ask me i'll say she's aite,  there other things chics do that'll drive you even more crazy than this  undecided
Re: . by silentc(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2010
Your story is a little touching. It seems you really love this girl.

To make it work, you both have to give something. You need to spend more time going clubbing and doing what she likes and she needs to tone it down a little. That way both of you dont think you are loosing too much. You sound like a nice guy, but you also need to try and up your game. Go clubbing with her, let her dance her life away, dance with her a little, sit down and relax if you are tired and watch her dance.

Let her know that her reckless lifestyle will lead to her hurting you. I dont think she will want to hurt you intentionally, but it is like someone who wants to stop smoking. You do it gradually. I dont think going cold turkey will work.

Less clubbing for her, you guys should go clubbing together, do other things together. Show her love and be patient. When she finally outgrows this lifestyle she will love you more than you could ever believe, but be really patient with her. You both should agree boundries that wont be crossed (sleeping with other people, being drunk to stupor etc). She is 23 and is still young. Soon she will outgrow this phase.

One thing i know, good girl, bad girl, they all want to be loved (Even ashawo get guy wey she love. I dont mean your girl is a prostitute in anyway)

Hang in there and be positive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Have You Ever Rejected A Guy Because You Felt He Was Too Good For You? / I Failed Her Test Of Trust! Pls Advise.. / Nairalanders,can U Date Someone Who Already Has A Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.