Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13403 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 2:04pm On Apr 21, 2010
2Ch And Micai'ah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left;
2Ch 18:19 and the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another.
2Ch 18:20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?'
2Ch 18:21 And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets; the LORD has spoken evil concerning you."

What's up with yahweh and his angels?. . . .Why are they lying and deceiving people? Or is this part of the lying justice of yahweh. . . . grin grin. . . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
Lol! Where is the Christian brigade now to explain away this one? ? ?

No doubt they will declare this "symbolic!"

Olaadegbu, where are you? Where is Noetic? Davidylan? and the VINCLEAR GANG? ([b]Vi[/b]aro? [b]In[/b]esqor? Nu[b]clear[/b]boy)

Why is Yahweh propagating lies as definitively conveyed in YOUR OWN PERFECT AND INFALLIBLE SCRIPTURES?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by e36991: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2010
mazaje1:

2Ch And Micai'ah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left;
2Ch 18:19 and the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another.
2Ch 18:20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?'
2Ch 18:21 And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets; the LORD has spoken evil concerning you."

What's up with yahweh and his angels?. . . .Why are they lying and deceiving people? Or is this part of the lying justice of yahweh. . . . grin grin. . . . .

Deep Sight:

grin Where is the Christian brigade now to explain away this one? ? ?

No doubt they will declare this "symbolic!"

Olaadegbu, where are you? Where is Noetic? Davidylan? and the VINCLEAR GANG? (Vi[/b]aro? [b]In[/b]esqor? Nu[b]clear[/b]boy)

Why is Yahweh propagating lies as definitively conveyed in YOUR OWN PERFECT AND INFALLIBLE SCRIPTURES?

[b]@Mazaje1

What a myopic rookie blunder!

The early you get off the slippery slope, the better for you and Dim Sight Deep Sight

you aint doing yourselves half a favour with your lawlessness . . .

Yeah, that's what happens when the lawless are given up to their reprobate minds

Remember Pharaoh, how is heart was hardened by God

Take heed. To be forewarned is to be forearmed . . .

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 AMP:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
What is the meaning of what you have written above? ? ?

The OP posts a verse from YOUR JEWISH BOOK OF MYTHS clearly stating that Yahweh and his angels conspired to propagate deliberate lies and falsehood to mankind, fully aware of what they were doing.

Respond intelligently to that and quit bandying further threats of other evil acts that Yahweh may think up for us.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by e36991: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
Deep Sight:

What is the meaning of what you have written above? ? ?

The OP posts a verse from YOUR JEWISH BOOK OF MYTHS clearly stating that Yahweh

and his angels conspired to propagate deliberate lies and falsehood to mankind, fully aware of what they were doing.

Respond intelligently to that and quit bandying further threats of other evil acts that Yahweh may think up for us.

@Deep Sight

Ah! Peeye. Did I step on a raw nerve? Sorry didnt mean to

There was threat alright but I wasnt issuing the threat or planning to harm you . . .

but rather bandying a warning of impeding danger on this trail and mischievous adventure

A word to the wise is sufficient, I dont need to respond further than that  wink wink
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Great: goodbye and shut the door behind you. Next!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by e36991: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
Deep Sight:

Great: goodbye and shut the door behind you. Next!

@Dim Sight Deep Sight

Ouch! Wallow in your Deep Shite mire!!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
mazaje1:

1. Yahweh is called . . .the Lord of HOSTS. This includes the hosts of heaven (holy angels) and the hosts of hell (fallen and demonic angels).

2. When God convened the meeting as showcased in the OP, the attendees included the hosts of hell. This I know because the book of jobs also records satan attending a gathering of the sons of God. So in asking for the deception of king Ahab, God was also convening with spirits who by their very nature are also lying spirits.

3. why would God ask that king Ahab be lied to? what was God's intention/will?
To answer this question, one must look at the vessels used for the lie. God used 400 available prophets, and according to king Ahab in verses 5-7 Micah was the only one who usually tells the truth in terms of God's prophetic revelations. Ahab loved the 400 prophets for their sweet lies and hated Micah for his bitter truth.
The will/intention of God concerning the situation was revealed in Micah's prophecy to imply that God does not want Israel to fight as they are like a lost sheep without a shepherd (verse 16).

4. to further understand the intention of God . . . . u could go back to God's law to moses where God clearly stated that whosoever makes a FALSE prophecy should be killed. God intended to separate the false from the true prophets. And to further understand how far Ahab was from the will of God, ahab never even knew of God's lawful command.

2 Likes

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
noetic16:

1. Yahweh is called . . .the Lord of HOSTS. This includes the hosts of heaven (holy angels) and the hosts of hell (fallen and demonic angels).

2. When God convened the meeting as showcased in the OP, the attendees included the hosts of hell. This I know because the book of jobs also records satan attending a gathering of the sons of God. So in asking for the deception of king Ahab, God was also convening with spirits who by their very nature are also lying spirits.

To answer this question, one must look at the vessels used for the lie. God used 400 available prophets, and according to king Ahab in verses 5-7 Micah was the only one who usually tells the truth in terms of God's prophetic revelations. Ahab loved the 400 prophets for their sweet lies and hated Micah for his bitter truth.
The will/intention of God concerning the situation was revealed in Micah's prophecy to imply that God does not want Israel to fight as they are like a lost sheep without a shepherd (verse 16).

4. to further understand the intention of God . . . . u could go back to God's law to moses where God clearly stated that whosoever makes a FALSE prophecy should be killed. God intended to separate the false from the true prophets. And to further understand how far Ahab was from the will of God, ahab never even knew of God's lawful command.

and where did u get all this fairytale/gibberish u just typed above. harry porter or star wars?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 12:20am On Apr 22, 2010
Mudley313:

and where did u get all this fairytale/gibberish u just typed above. harry porter or star wars?

sometimes one wonders aloud ., . . .if the above poster has a brain at all?
does the acronym called "mudley" have a brain at all?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56am On Apr 22, 2010
mazaje1:

This gives an insight into the unseen world that you atheists are ignorant about.  Let us consider the following Bible verses.

"Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD" 2 Chronicles 18:20.

We also have a parallel in the book of Job as Noetic16 narrated;

"when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD." Job 1:6

So, both the holy angels and the fallen angels, including Satan, were there in God’s presence.   

The host of heaven apparently includes both God’s ministering spirits and the lying spirits.

"standing on his right hand and on his left" 2 Chronicles 18:18

The burning question raised by mazaje and the gang is why the Almighty God would send a lying spirit to deceive the king of Israel?

We should note the fact that, satan and his host can only carry out their evil agenda as much as God allows them to do so.  Another example that would buttress this point is that of Pharaoh, who hardened his heart against the will of God and God eventually allowed an evil spirit to lead him to his own waterloo, which explains the verse e36991 was quoting earlier. 

It is more appropriate for God to permit one of satan's lying spirits to carry out His mission than to send one of His holy angels.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Mudley313: 5:44am On Apr 22, 2010
noetic16:

sometimes one wonders aloud ., . . .if the above poster has a brain at all?
does the acronym called "mudley" have a brain at all?

quick to lose ur temper huh? just like ur violent n maniacal god. way to be christ-like mr. man. i wonder why the so-called christians on dis forum are the most foul mouthed. my question still stands, was dat fairy tale/gibberish u just narrated from harry porter or star wars?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 6:55am On Apr 22, 2010
Mudley313:

quick to lose your temper huh? just like your violent n maniacal god. way to be christ-like mr. man. i wonder why the so-called christians on dis forum are the most foul mouthed. my question still stands, was dat fairy tale/gibberish u just narrated from harry porter or star wars?

dude, I simply asked a question . . . . .do u have a brain at all? . . . , if u do, please use it.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2010
Who never knew that eating mashed-beans causes deep shite   tongue   undecided undecided undecided

@mazaje / Deep sight: Noetic and olaadegbu have done justice to the matter.

And I will buttress one point: What God says about a matter is the truth. Whatever is not in harmony with it is a lie.

God's intents were for Ahab to fall, so it was the TRUTH that Ahab had to go and fight, and fail.

The spirit who went to lie to the prophets was just serving its own designated purpose to bring the TRUTH to pass.

I think it's plain and easy.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Zodiac61(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2010
Make it up as you go along. That is what the christians have been doing for ever when faced with difficult issues. Why stop now?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2010
Zodiac61:

Make it up as you go along. That is what the christians have been doing for ever when faced with difficult issues. Why stop now?

I can not believe the mental gymnastic involved here to explain this absurdity away. . .Make shit up and pretend that others are getting it wrongly is the name of the game. . . . grin grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by uchdazzle: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2010
Hmm dudes do you know wat u r doin
in short u aint nigerians definetely not
in short ur parents never envisaged u guys will turn up this way
this is blasphemy! blasphemy!! blasphemy!!!
Fear God ! Fear God!! Fear God!!!
it is a pity you open up the bible jus to condemn it, if that is your stand guess you will ask why did God do all he did to isrel in the wilderness, but even in this the Jews still praise the LORD GOD, please stop this before you will not be able to be forgiven
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2010
nairaland so amazing
@poster
you are one of the senseless fool av ever seen.i wonder the way u tink.ah my people perish for lack of wisdom.hope u find those information above useful.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

nairaland so amazing
@poster
you are one of the senseless fool av ever seen.i wonder the way u tink.ah my people perish for lack of wisdom.hope u find those information above useful.

grin grin. . . .SHUT UP!!!. . . ,
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2010
uchdazzle:

in short your parents never envisaged u guys will turn up this way
it is a pity you open up the bible jus to condemn it, if that is your stand guess you will ask why did God do all he did to isrel in the wilderness, but even in this the Jews still praise the LORD GOD, please stop this before you will not be able to be forgiven

Fear, fear, fear. . .Aren't you guys tired of all the meaningless and ridiculous fear card already?. . . . .What the heck is blasphemy? Blasphemy was invented to scare people away from teachings or doctrines that can not stand on their own. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Zodiac61(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

nairaland so amazing
@poster
Where is the wisdom in not asking questions? You probably think that the bible is the inerrant word of god. Instead of hiding behind the fear of god, you should question these things. Who is the fool
uchdazzle:

in short your parents never envisaged u guys will turn up this way
@uchdazzle,
Just one question for you - have you actually read the bible??
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2010
hope the statement below wi b usefu 4 u 'silence is d best answer for a fool'av u seen the fool
lol
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
Noetic/ Inesqor/ Olaadegbu –

To what ridiculous extent will you guys not go in order to  prop up your collapsed Jewish fantasy called Yahweh?

The eminent truth is that the stories about Yahweh in the bible are just as incongruous and have about as much likelihood as the Yoruba myth of Olodumare sending Obatala down on a rope from heaven with a Cockerel to Ile Ife to create the Earth.

Now in a bout of epileptic and delusional desperation have a look at Noetic’s incoherent words -

noetic16:

So in asking for the deception of king Ahab, God was also convening with spirits who by their very nature are also lying spirits.

So God enters into conspiracies to propagate falsehood?

Chai. Na wah.

Listen to your self. You expressly wrote – So in asking for the deception of king Ahab, God was also convening with spirits who by their very nature are also lying spirits

And this is presented as a defence ? ? ? A straight forward admission that Yahweh holds conspiratorial meetings with demons and requests them to assist him by packaging lies and falsehood? ? ?

Is Yahweh not supposed to be Truth? ? ?

Wonders shall never cease.

Great. What a God of convenience. If truth won’t work deploy falsehood and lying spirits!

What makes him different from a politician then? ? ?

. God intended to separate the false from the true prophets.

. . . By inducing them to lie?

Wow. Listen to yourself. Just listen to yourself ! ! !

InesQor:

Who never knew that eating mashed-beans causes deep shite   tongue  undecided undecided undecided

And I will buttress one point: What God says about a matter is the truth. Whatever is not in harmony with it is a lie.

God's intents were for Ahab to fall, so it was the TRUTH that Ahab had to go and fight, and fail.

The spirit who went to lie to the prophets was just serving its own designated purpose to bring the TRUTH to pass.

What insult did I offer you to warrant your diatribes? Did i utter one single insulting or derogatory word regarding you? Why must you fling insults simply because we question the words of your own infallible and perfect scriptures which succintly and explicity record that Yahweh convenes meetings with lying demons and reaches agreements with them for the deliberate propagation of falsehood?

You jump to agree with anything said by a Christian and you fail to read and see that Noetic’s surmise actually contradicts yours. Grow your own mind and stop feeding off others.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
noetic16:

So yahweh lives and meets with angels and host from hell and sends the host from hell to carry out his dirty works for him eh?. . .Interesting. . .I thought the bible says that light(Yahweh and his angles) and darkness(Satan and his own angles) can not live together because there is nothing that joins light with darkness or is this one of the many contradictions that abound in the bible?. . . .

Where in the story did it say that the attendees included host from hell?. . .The story makes no mention of host from hell or earth and so it remains(your mental gymnastics will not help you here). . . .Unless if you are trying to say that you are privy to information the author of the story isn't. . .The story in Job was very clear who the members in attendance were. . .Yahweh apparently had a penchant for putting lying spirits into people, because a less detailed, but similar incident is related in Isaiah 37:7 and 2 Kings 19:7. . . . .the pitting of scripture against scripture is a logically unsound way to protect the inerrancy doctrine as you are trying to do here, because it is a tactic that seeks to prove inerrancy by assuming inerrancy. "Your passage can't mean what you are saying it means," is what your argument implies, "because a passage over here very clearly teaches thus-and-so." What you are saying in essence is that if your passage means what you claim it means and if mine means what I claim it means, then there is a contradiction in the bible, and that can't be because to you and the beliefs you hold the bible does not contradict itself. . . . .That's what biblical inerranist like you claim all the time. . .You make things up and say things the bible does not even say to explain absurdity away. . . .

Yahweh does not want his "chosen men" to go to war and the best he can do is consult lying spirits and encourage them to go lie to the king eh?. . .Interesting. . . .How then do you reconcile this event with the kings free will? or did free will not exist at that time grin. . . .The mental gymnastic you guys use to explain absurdity away is pathetic. . .This is what the passage says in case you forgot. . . "And Yahweh said, Who shall entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?"

Did you not read where it says" Yahweh put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets"?. . .It did not say that they lied or made a false prophecy on their own free will but the passage says that it was yahweh that put the lying spirit in their mouths meaning they had no control of the lies and were just lying because yahweh wanted them to tell lies. . . .So yahweh sends lying spirits into people and makes them to tell lies once they lie he commands that they be killed eh?. . .Interesting how this yahweh character is I must say. . . .Yahweh intends to separate the false from the true prophets and the best he can do is send lying spirits into the mouths of the prophets and make them tell lies eh?. . .interesting
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
I cannot help but laugh.

Mazaje, you have nailed it perfectly.

Let me also add that the same book of genocide, lies and myths declares that "The Light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehendeth not the light."

Well clearly the agents of darkness coming to consort and conspire with the Light were able to comprehend the Light's instructions to them to proceed to spread deliberate lies and falsehood.

How comical this Yahweh creature is.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
InesQor:

Who never knew that eating mashed-beans causes deep shite   tongue   undecided undecided undecided

Isn't this an oxymoron? Lying spirit bringing about truth?. . . .Once it is convenient for yahweh to lie he connives with demons from hell to lie to people and murder them eh?  grin grin. . . .Like everything in Christianity there is always a clause for explaining absurdities. . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2010
Don't worry, Yahweh is now a politician!

Summoning congresses of liars and instructing them to spread lies.

Amazing!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
Deep Sight:

I cannot help but laugh.

Mazaje, you have nailed it perfectly.

Let me also add that the same book of genocide, lies and myths declares that "The Light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehendeth not the light."

Well clearly the agents of darkness coming to consort and conspire with the Light were able to comprehend the Light's instructions to them to proceed to spread deliberate lies and falsehood.

How comical this Yahweh creature is.

Forget Noetic and his weird mental somersault and gymnastics. . . .Noetic will say things that the bible never says just to explain absurdity away. . . There was a time we had an argument about Jephthah and his daughter whom the bible says he sacrificed as a burnt offering unto yahweh, Do you know that noetic denied what was written in the bible, He said the girl was not offered unto yahweh as a burnt offering even when the bible VERY CLEARLY says that she was offered as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . .He quickly alluded to some obscure verses in the book of samuel and equated her sacrifice to that of samuel grin. . . .When I showed him what the bible actually said he came up with another excuse that yahweh did not request for her to be sacrificed and that the sacrifice was out of Jephthah's free will even when his initial argument was that she was not sacrificed as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . . .

There is no need beating and defending ancient myths that were written by different people of an advancing culture who all had different idea's or notion of who their god is supposed to be. . . .Even the bible does NOT projects a coherent version of who the god it is talking about. . . .To some of the writers yahweh is a blood thirsty dictator, to others he is a loving father that knows no evil, so some he is just like them, he sometimes does evil and apologizes for the evil he did. . . .To some of them he is all powerful and can do all things, to others he is limited in his power, These different notion of the writers of the bible is why there are countless contradictions in the nature and personality of Yahweh. . . .People do not care at all because just like the bible writers they just pick and choose which attributes of yahweh best fits into the version of god they have been made to believe or that which matches with their experiences. . .Those that subscribe to the WOF version see yahweh as this all loving, all protecting, all good, all providing god that will always provide and protect them. . .To them they are yahweh' loving pets and yahweh is a loving god that can not hurt a fly. . . To those of them that believe in fire and brimstone version of christianity, Yahweh is vile, spiteful, malevolent who will kill all the unbelievers and they tag this attribute they assing to yahweh as Justice grin grin. . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

hope the statement below wi b usefu 4 u 'silence is d best answer for a fool'av u seen the fool
lol

Whose exactly is this dolt . . .Shut up!!!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by uchdazzle: 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin i get it u dudes r obviously some kind of answering machines, yeah some kind of default non existing beings that prompt answers every
2 or so mins cos i dont see how a being created by God will utter such blasphemies
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2010
^^^ Are you here to address the issue or what?

Why dont you address what is clearly written in your scripture -

SINCE you do not have eyes to read, I will quote it again for you -

Please explain why Yahweh is holding a congress of liars and commanding them to go about telling lies/

Is Yahweh not into Truth anymore?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje1: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
uchdazzle:

grin grin grin grin grin grin i get it u dudes r obviously some kind of answering machines, yeah some kind of default non existing beings that prompt answers every
2 or so mins cos i dont see how a being created by God will utter such blasphemies

What the heck is blasphemy? Blasphemy was invented to scare people away from questioning teachings or doctrines that can not stand on their own. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.