Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

In Love With A Friend Older Than Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With A Friend Older Than Me (1877 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2018
To cut my story short, I met this girl back in 2014 and fell for her but later found out that she was in a serious relationship and my close friends told me to move on being that I was the kind of guy whom ladies refer to as a player.
Well, we became friends and I continued my game.
After some time, I realized that I needed to slow down and have a proper relationship. I had a few and broke up with the last one early last year and decided to be alone.
Late last year, I invited my friend (the lady I love) to have lunch with me at an eatery and got to know she was no longer in a relationship. My feelings grew again but got dampened when I found out my best friend was asking her out. Well, the guy lost interest later on and I decided to tell her how I feel and how much I want us to be together
She has been keeping silent on the issue since then and I feel it's just childish. I've asked her if she isn't interested in me but she she keeps saying that I shouldn't make such assumptions
We are both in our 30s and though I really love her to the extent of doing the marriage rites this year, if she says yes but I'm already moving on, though slowly with the hope that she reaches out to me. I'm not sure she will reach out on time.
I'm asking myself if I'm doing the right thing withdrawing or I should keep pestering her till she gives a reply (the latter isn't my style)
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Bilabong(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
grin

Am shining teeth for this ur case o.

Marriage chancellor abey come epp
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by thorpido(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
At over 30yrs,she should know what she wants.I have a feeling she's still dealing with a heartbreak and needs time.She also might know you are a player and needs to be sure what you're about.

Ask her again,this time put some pressure to get a response. If she's still not forthcoming, maybe you need to retreat.There's no point dealing with timewasters

I hope you're no longer a player for real.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by brownsugar23: 8:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
Increase your age go get court affidavit and make it official.
Op don't let woman matter worry you

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by amprat: 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
A woman of her age needs to look before she leaps, I commend her because even at her thirties she still has the sense to make sure of her self, Her feelings,your character and how far this can go, some women would have been so eager to say yes, a pointer to her being a confident and intelligent person, I bet she's interested, she told you not to make assumptions about her not wanting you, what she is saying is... Give me a bit of time, but during this time convince me, give me reasons to say yes to you, show me how bad you want me.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
amprat:
A woman of her age needs to look before she leaps, I commend her because even at her thirties she still has the sense to make sure of her self, Her feelings,your character and how far this can go, some women would have been so eager to say yes, a pointer to her being a confident and intelligent person, I bet she's interested, she told you not to make assumptions about her not wanting you, what she is saying is... Give me a bit of time, but during this time convince me, give me reasons to say yes to you, show me how bad you want me.
Good luck
Well, maybe I will give it one more shot
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
brownsugar23:
Increase your age go get court affidavit and make it official.
Op don't let woman matter worry you
No, I'm not ready to increase my age... I still dey find how I go take reduce am grin
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2018
thorpido:
At over 30yrs,she should know what she wants.I have a feeling she's still dealing with a heartbreak and needs time.She also might know you are a player and needs to be sure what you're about.

Ask her again,this time put some pressure to get a response. If she's still not forthcoming, maybe you need to retreat.There's no point dealing with timewasters

I hope you're no longer a player for real.
No, I am not and I will try to give it one more shot
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
She's older than you.. Abort mission! It don't always end well.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

3 Likes

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
thegentleman:
She's older than you.. Abort mission! It don't always end well.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Well, it just depends on the personality involved

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
don4real18:

Well, it just depends on the personality involved
Yeah, some ladies don't mind but most ladies will rub it on your face if something goes south along the line.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
thegentleman:
Yeah, some ladies don't mind but most ladies will rub it on your face if something goes south along the line.
Not always the case.
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2018
The best way to start a romantic relationship is to build strong bond before shooting those words

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Adasun(m): 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Op eventually u guys get married,hw many children would u have bfor menopus? grin
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by bayocanny: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
Its doesn't matters, age is just a number

Since I started dating I always hook up with girls that are older than me, all my exes are older than me so it is not a big deal...it depend majorly on personalities involved

2 Likes

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 7:26am On Apr 01, 2018
Adasun:
Op eventually u guys get married,hw many children would u have bfor menopus? grin
Lol
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 01, 2018
At OP if you know what you want in life forget about her and move on.
Why pestered her when her body language says she doesn't want you...you are not is type.

Brother think outside the box before she does something stupid,ladies are emotional and irrational.

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by don4real18(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2018
predmine20:
At OP if you know what you want in life forget about her and move on.
Why pestered her when her body language says she doesn't want you...you are not is type.

Brother think outside the box before she does something stupid,ladies are emotional and irrational.
Thank you
Re: In Love With A Friend Older Than Me by Diamond23(f): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2018
[/color] since u said ur friend asked her out, he might v spoiled her mind against u since he knew u r interested in her which might explained her nonchalant body attitude. U might need an ocean of luv Nd garden of rose flower to convince her u r not a player[color=#770077]

(1) (Reply)

Only Few Can Relate To This. / . / Pregnant Lady Rocks Man At A Wedding, Dances Gbe Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.