Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

"Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns (39267 Views)

Texas Woman Suffers Burns As Hand Sanitiser Explodes As She Lights Candle / Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight / HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by dunkem21(m): 11:41am On Feb 13, 2018
BabbanBura:

Why will one keep a loaded gas cylinder in the kitchen in the first place? - That shit shouldn't be kept in a confined space at all

Do you work in an oil and gas firm?
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Timoleon(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2018
IME1:
Hmm

What does science say about this?
Cause I watched a documentary where they said using phone in filling stations cannot cause explosion. Real documentary with tests and all

Don't mind evil lazy bloggers using different pictures to tell fake stories every where. many Nigerians will spend hours watching bbn but will think watching documentary is waste of time. that's why stories like this can del to them. that's why pastors can use nollywood theories to swindle them. I just laff and move on. Truly gas leakage is dangerous but your phone would not xos an explosion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by shortgun(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2018
There is nothing in science books to support this claim.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by handsomeyinka(m): 11:45am On Feb 13, 2018
bettercreature:
This is pure nonsense! They should stop scaring people away from using gas its not as dangerious as people think
large percentage of Nigerians especially students are cooking on gas cyclinder
To be for forwarned is to be forarmed.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by phetto(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2018
I hardly believe any facebook story

Phone cannot cos explosion
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by phetto(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2018
Timoleon:

Don't mind evil lazy bloggers using different pictures to tell fake stories every where. many Nigerians will spend hours watching bbn but will think watching documentary is waste of time. that's why stories like this can del to them. that's why pastors can use nollywood theories to swindle them. I just laff and move on. Truly gas leakage is dangerous but your phone would not xos an explosion

On point bro
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by lilyheaven: 11:50am On Feb 13, 2018
BabbanBura:

Why will one keep a loaded gas cylinder in the kitchen in the first place? - That shit shouldn't be kept in a confined space at all
It is a camp gas cylinder.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Ivanmykel(f): 11:52am On Feb 13, 2018
bettercreature:
Its nonsense! i use laptop,phones,anything in the kitchen its not in anyway dangerious as long as your cylinder is not leaking

Same here but I think I'd have to stop it, better safe than sorry.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by GoodMuyis(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2018
hakimi1974:
from the explanation of the victim, i am 101 percent sure it was static charge from her that caused the explosion, and not the poor phone.

You are right, during harmattan period our body is charge with static electricity, which sparks when in contact with other charged body.
On of them must have being sent on errand outside the home, and came back charge, only for him/her to discharge in a gas filled room OR they must have forgotten to light a match and deny the fact
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by givasawa: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2018
Woo, people should heed to mobile phone ethics.

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by KrystosCJ(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
I think this story was reported before from the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4334784/family-burnt-after-using-phone
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by castrol180(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
IME1:
Hmm

Cause I watched a documentary where they said using phone in filling stations cannot cause explosion. Real documentary with tests and all

But phones are used severally as detonator
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by obinna58(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
Timoleon:

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by smokedfish: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
Its harmattan season and this is a result of carelessness and static electricity.. Why will someone keep a gas cylinder inside the kitchen biko?
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by smokedfish: 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
castrol180:

But phones are used severally as detonator
too much movies no gud...so na d phone de bomb de inside?...tnk God you said detonator...
So it been a detonator means it detonated the gas abi grin

My Man

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by smokedfish: 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
Ivanmykel:

Same here but I think I'd have to stop it, better safe than sorry.
its static electricity.. That's why you get a spark when ever you tryn to change clothes preferably a nylon cloth...it has nothing to do with phones or laptops or gadgets
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by olabrad: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
JayIlych:
So sad sad. This gas-phone explosion is becoming too rampant. Buhari, do something about it.
FTC for the first time since i joined nairaland.
I dedicate this to my girlfriends, my fiancé, my ex, and to all the beautiful ladies out there.
Get your PVC lets send the dullard back to Daura.

Some people just make stupid and childish comments everywhere. What concerns Buhari with gas explosion?

1 Like

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Faith4Jesus: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Pray For Their Speedy Recovery.Thank God For Safety
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by castrol180(m): 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2018
smokedfish:
too much movies no gud...so na d phone de bomb de inside?...tnk God you said detonator...
So it been a detonator means it detonated the gas abi grin

My Man

Point of correction to you my guy...it is not the phone that carry the bomb but serve as detonator to the major bomb.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by smokedfish: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
castrol180:

Point of correction to you my guy...it is not the phone that carry the bomb but serve as detonator to the major bomb.
so in the case of the gas?
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
efesodje:

People deserve to know this. Your phones produce static electricity which in the presence of a combustible material (like petrol or gas) could lead to an explosion.

This is the reason why we are told not to use our phones while buying petrol in filling stations.

How it happens is as follows: Static electricity results when there is an imbalance of electric charges within or on the surface of a material. The charge remains until it is able to move away by means of an electric current or electrical discharge. Your hand causes the discharge. Thats why you should leave your phone in the car while filling up your fuel tank.

Mr man stop saying rubbish, your phone does not produce any useless static electricity.

1 Like

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
olabrad:

Some people just make stupid and childish comments everywhere. What concerns Buhari with gas explosion?

If he hadbeen stricter with regulating imported gas cylinders we wouldn't be stuck with substandard products. >_<
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by maasoap(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
BigBrother9ja:
Buhari is a curse!

Obj and gej are bastards.
To you and your family members. Next time, be specific.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2018
IME1:
Hmm

There’s a difference between good quality UL listed phones sold in the US versus the crappie android ones that the Chinese flood the African market with.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
JayIlych:

If he hadbeen stricter with regulating imported gas cylinders we wouldn't be stuck with substandard products. >_<
And what about those people whose Cylinders needed to be thrown away because it is already weak and overused but refuse to do so? Receive sense.

1 Like

Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by mfm04622: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2018
BabbanBura:

If you read the story, you would have noticed it is the camp type that the burner is directly on the cylinder itself
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Emeka71(m): 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
BabbanBura:

This is how my foolish babe took my phone to the gas a couple of days ago.
Re: "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Mr man stop saying rubbish, your phone does not produce any useless static electricity.

Noted angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Woman Dies In Libya (Photo) / Why Do Women Hardly Have Heart Attack? / Bitter Kola Boosts Libido, Beats Osteoarthritis, Researchers Confirm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.