Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? (460 Views)

If You Visit Your Fiancee And See This (photo) / Visiting My Fiancee's Parents For The First Time, What Should I Buy For Them? / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
I just Got this Story from a visitor, he says

” I have a cousin who is in a very serious relationship, and then he decided to meet with the lady’s parents, and introduce himself to them. Alongside the discussion, the mother of the lady popped the question, “How much do you earn Monthly?”. This left my friend speechless, though he was least expecting it but, he had to cover up…..Though he earns a decent sum.

Please i want to know whether its right for a parent(s) to ask such unbiased question?
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Aspiregreat: 11:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
The question is wrong in every sense.
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by eddieguru(m): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
cool
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Godwinfury(m): 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
It's wrong, totally wrong for an aspiring in law to ask the other how much he earns per month.
Could it be that they intend selling their daughter out in the name of marriage or what?
if you know you are not giving her to me, simply tell me, no be she be the only girl abeg.
That's how some parents (especially the mothers) want their daughters to marry a money bag, not knowing the source of it is evil, and then what happens next? The daughters is used for some bla bla bla acts.
They want a successful or MADE son in-law, rather than a hardworking one.
If am the one, I will simply say, "Am not working yet" let me see what her reaction may be.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Mariangeles(f): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
She already seems like the controlling mother in-law...
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
They could ask what kinda job he does, the nature and risk of his job if its not a job theyre familiar with. They can also ask how he gets his pay from his clients..thats if its an unfamiliar job, just to ensure hes not a yahooplus guy or money ritualist and that hes financially mature enough to marry.

But asking how much exactly he earns is intruding into his personal financial life. Parents who are wise can find a way to ask from their daughter sha the exact amount he receives. But they shd also know that blind love may make their daughter not say d exact amount or may even hype it.
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by dingbang(m): 4:58am On Feb 15, 2018
I would leave immediately..
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by EOOJ(m): 5:07am On Feb 15, 2018
To me, i feel its not right at all. Dat should be between d intending couples
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Burgerlomo: 5:15am On Feb 15, 2018
Arrant nonsense, what a f**k I will end the relationship right away if I'm the dude cool
Re: Is It Right For Your Fiancee’s Parents To Ask How Much You Earn Monthly? by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 15, 2018
Imagine you have a daughter whom you sacrificed so much to train, you have such high hopes for her future and you're so proud of her. Then she brings a guy to your house and tells you he has potential. Potential is hard work + opportunity, meaning he may never actually make it no matter how high his chances are.
Our economy has made many homes struggle to survive, so you can imagine most parents would be unwilling to accept the possibility of their daughter struggling in marriage. That's why to begin with, as a man, you have to reach a certain stage of financial independence before getting married, have basic necessities to make married life easier. A great deal also depends on the industriousness and resourcefulness of the girl in question, because a 500k salary won't still be enough for a girl that can't manage a home/prioritize properly.
I don't approve of parents giving their daughters to rich men for profit, but I can certainly understand a parent worrying about their daughter's future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Could My Abusive Marriage Preventing Me From Finding True Love Again? / Happy Mrphysics Day - The First Unofficial Nairaland Holiday / Congratulations To My Best Friend And Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.