Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) (2132 Views)

Nigerians Hail Seyi Makinde For Slashing Oyo’s 2019 Budget By N103bn / Former Governor, Rauf Aregbesola reacts to the death of Prof. Pius Adesanmi / Osun Poll: See Why The Candidacy Of Adeoti/adeolu May Be The Best For Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 6:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
In the Nigerian polity, there are various kinds of stereotypes: that knowledge, commerce, leadership, bureaucracy, even criminal tendencies belong to different groups, tribes and ethnicities. These stereotypes or assumptions always limit the height which someone reaches or the positions and portfolios he or she might be assigned. This thinking is not just at the national but also at the state and among subgroups. For instance in Oyo state, it is almost always that the oke Ogun division is consigned a third fiddle. Yet, this part has proved to be a foodbasket, peopled by highly resourceful and cerebral beings who can hold their own in anywhere on the surface of the earth. In oke Ogun are towns like iwere, iganna, iseyin, saki, kisi who sons and daughters are often derisively described as backward. But it is from here that names like His emerge as political powerhouse. It is also from here that a scholar of many parts, a political scientist and an outstanding name in intellectual journalism in the name of Professor Adeolu Akande must citizens of Oyo state out. Recently at a memorial lecture in honour of Aare Abdulazeez Arisekola Alao, he delivered a lecture that can best be described as a roadmap on development not only Oyo state. We need to listen. Not just listen we need such people who are essentially thinkers in government become actors on the big stage. For Oyo State, such people who have been tried as brains, whose intellect have been tasked need trial and test in the executive chamber. Agodi House has one in professor Adeolu akande.
Prof Akande is a scholar of eminence who is also a well honed and focussed journalist whose critical mind has led him to presidency bringing him close to the commander in chief of the armed forces. So, Who is prof?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by Cromagnon: 4:11am On Feb 17, 2018
we don't know him
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by debolayinka(m): 6:20am On Feb 17, 2018
Bros, no be by experience and research in the academia only ooooo.
If you don't believe me, ask Osinbajo.
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 8:03am On Feb 17, 2018
Cromagnon:
we don't know him

It's the reason for the Introduction. And I'm sure, now you've heard about him. We get to know someone someday. And it's not by being known all over guarantees good leadership.
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by Cromagnon: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
zabuur:

It's the reason for the Introduction. And I'm sure, now you've heard about him. We get to know someone someday. And it's not by being known all over guarantees good leadership.
true
But if it walks like a looter
Talks like a looter
Sounds like a looter
........you know the rest
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
Cromagnon:
true
But if it walks like a looter
Talks like a looter
Sounds like a looter
........you know the rest

I believe u know he hasn't shown any sign of ur assumption.
Truth be told
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by Cromagnon: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
zabuur:

I believe u know he hasn't shown any sign of ur assumption.
Truth be told
he has
If you know where to look
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 8:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
Cromagnon:
he has
If you know where to look

My bad. Plz can u be more explicit?
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
He has a nice CV. However, I think I prefer Adebayo Adelabu.
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Jaymaxxy:
He has a nice CV. However, I think I prefer Adebayo Adelabu.

I am sorry but, why?
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:20am On Feb 18, 2018
zabuur:

I am sorry but, why?
I actually don't believe in any politician in Nigeria. They are all the same. I just think Adelabu has more intimidating profile than Adeolu.
Re: Introduction Of Prof. ADEOLU AKANDE. OYO 2019 (Photo) by zabuur: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

I actually don't believe in any politician in Nigeria. They are all the same. I just think Adelabu has more intimidating profile than Adeolu.

What I feel u mean about the intimidating profile is d fact that u believe that he's wealthier and more all over. Truly, that's a good perception as well however, having something more than another person doesn't mean d person having less doesn't have enough.

We should be tired of wealthy people buying their ways through to achieve power. Adelabu is good, investing, famous but, still lacking in his resume is political experience.

Here's someone with a little bit of all he has and more that he doesn't have.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Vote Corrupt, Wicked Leaders Again - Rev Uma Ukpai / SARS Commander in Rivers state, Orderly, One Other Arrested For Robbery, / Wow! See Moment When Omoyele Sowore Arrived At The Airport (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.