Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa (46744 Views)

Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos / Isoko Names And Their Meaning / Meet The Koma People Of Adamawa State Where Cloth Is A Prized Possession (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Chivasex: 11:58am On Feb 17, 2018
Afam4eva:

You obviously did not get the memo before accusing me of tribalism which is what you're very good at.

Delta state is not the homeland of Isoko people even though most Isoko people can be found in Delta state. The reason is because those that carved Delta state made it so. I dont see a big deal in having an Isoko tribe living in another artificial creation in Bayelsa without considering the fact that Bayelsa is just a stone throw from where Isokos are situated in Delta sate. They could even be contiguous to each other. It' just like saying that there's an Igbo tribe in Asaba outside the south-east as if Igbos are limited to the artificial creation that is south-east Nigeria.

I think you are either confused or you do not know what you are saying at all and I will urge you to stop misleading people here.'
How can you say Delta state is no the homeland of Isoko people?
I think you should get your head examined and stop speading trash here.

Isokos are at the heart of Delta State for your edudcation. Please take note.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by tutudesz: 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
Chivasex:

I think you are either confused or you do not know what you are saying at all and I will urge you to stop misleading people here.'

Isokos were dey middle of Delta state O!
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by tutudesz: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Efewestern:

Funny enough most ijaws just deny the fact that Other ethnic groups were carved into bayelsa state, reason I keep documenting each and every of our land in that state, for future references.

You already know what's going on in Benin and Aldja
Nigeria map and states need to be rearrange again, because you see tribes that are suppose to be in one particular state divided in different states.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
thewatcher2020:
Professor Obaro Ikime (Late) -an indigene of Erohwa in Isoko South Local Government.

Growing up, he once lived in Anibeze. [Facts]
Sanchez01 and efewestern
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
Can I get a history of Anibeze, how the name came about and popular people fron that community
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

You are the one who is the illiterate here!

What did he say that isnt a fact !

Better read up on isoko history and language .... Unfact isoko is from the Esan stock of Edo
shut the fn.ck off
better pack your Benin and esan to one side. we are not interested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by SicilianMafia: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

shut the fn.ck off
better pack your Benin and esan to one side. we are not interested.

Don't be dumb what is urhobo or isoko without Edo?

Who even needs your stupid dumb opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

urhobo /isoko is a standalone ethnic group. We don't need the edo's.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
mamatwiny:

U are so right. Such locations suffer in the hand of their host state .little or no govt development is seen in such areas .Obigbo is a big example.
I laugh cos even the churches in Obigbo bear names from Abia state. Anglicans are under Ukwa west diocese, same with four square churches etc
Are there not Ibibio speaking communities in Abia, Igala in Anambra, Idoma in Enugu and cross Rivers tribes in Ebonyi
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by SicilianMafia: 12:39pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

urhobo /isoko is a standalone ethnic group. We don't need the edo's.

Standalone but you speak Edo language ,Dress like Edo's, Bear Edo names , everything about you screams Edo and you are here typing nonsense from 3310.
Wat an Irony Dumbo your opinion is irrelevant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by koning: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sanchez01 is a dunce. Complete "Olodo". He was even convinced he was making sense.

Anyway, I am more interested in how they got their name. "Anibeze" is a popular surname in Enugu state. No one addressed that. Is there a co-relation here.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Hahahaha oh Jesus, attacheee, Urhobo/isoko ppl get more population than bini ppl sef, always landgrabbing ppls lands, in one of the delta unis dey wanted to kill one vc because he was from bini and one fool will be creating Edo ethnic group on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Standalone but you speak Edo language ,Dress like Edo's, Bear Edo names , everything about you screams Edo and you are here typing nonsense from 3310.
Shut up my friend you want to create another ika vs igbo situation, the Urhobo/isoko ppl have had there identity as ancient Efa groups before bini-yorubas came from ile ife, Urhobo/isoko are languages with dialects

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by koning: 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
Chivasex:

Can you not for once think longer that your d.ick is?. What if that state was named 'Dickson state' instead of Delta. Would it make any difference to you. I will not and cannot explain further. Go figure.

Afam is 100% right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

you are the dumb one here.
how is urhobo /isoko an edo language dumbo?
� run away from my mention dumbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

you are the dumb one here.
how is urhobo /isoko an edo language dumbo?
� run away from my mention dumbo
Don't mind the land grabbers, if you were by mistake put in Edo state they will steal your land and appoint enogie from bini there.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by SicilianMafia: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

how is urhobo /isoko an edo language

Asking this stupid question alone just shows how far you illiteracy runs .... You opinion is irrelevant , one stupid idiot does not speak for a hundred ppl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by SicilianMafia: 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
This ijaws are really the smallest minorities in this country grin grin grin grin grin grin grin even the tiny bayelsa they are also sharing it grin grin grin grin grin cheesy they are even tenants there sef cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 12:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:

Asking this stupid question alone just shows how far you illiteracy runs .... You opinion is irrelevant , one stupid idiot does not speak for a hundred ppl
why don't you answer the question S. t. upid
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 12:56pm On Feb 17, 2018
AdaFonju:

Don't mind the land grabbers, if you were by mistake put in Edo state they will steal your land and appoint enogie from bini there.
na their way be that.
thank God we have our own state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2018
SicilianMafia:
This ijaws are really the smallest minorities in this country grin grin grin grin grin grin grin even the tiny bayelsa they are also sharing it grin grin grin grin grin cheesy they are even tenants there sef cheesy wink cheesy
See this insignificant ile ife dude, isokos ate claiming one community in Bayelsa and u are taking even in your Edo state Ijaws are found in 3 lgas and there are more than 12 other tribes there recognized by state Government and Nigeria, so what state do bini ppl have

1 Like

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

na their way be that.
thank God we have our own state.
There are some Urhobo/isoko & itsekiri communities in Edo state in Ovia, the landgrabbers have continuously maginalized them and call them settlers in their own land sef, you guys should be careful

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by DavidEsq(m): 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
Efewestern:

Exactly, i see no reason why some urhobo and isoko communities should be in Bayelsa, no correlation whatsoever, boundaries should be adjusted and our people transported back to us.

You will be surprise that the Bayelsa state government cares less about the erosion going on in that town.
Wen I tell peepz dat I'm Bayelsan Urhobo, ofoni precisely, dem go look like say I dey yarn duza. I even have the certificate of origin before bayelsa was created. I never hear dis Isoko own before o.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sanchez01:
This is a another eye opener. Although this isn't the first time if hearing the name, it is surely the first time if knowing that they belong to the Isoko tribe. I'm really amazed at how one would find a different people in an environment far different from theirs. Questions such as; 'how did they get there?, how have they been able to survive this long (cultural wise)? Among a host of other questions.

They have been complaining about the erosion plague since 2012 and it is strange that nothing has been done up till date.

Beyond the Ofonis, we have the Anibezes now. Impressive discovery. Wve kobiruo, Oniovo.

Actually they aren't far from their people, they are only separated from their neighbors Eruwa by the river Focados same way Ofoni got to be in Bayelsa.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
DavidEsq:

Wen I tell peepz dat I'm Bayelsan Urhobo, ofoni precisely, dem go look like say I dey yarn duza. I even have the certificate of origin before bayelsa was created. I never hear dis Isoko own before o.

They are just an extension of Eruwa a close community of Patani.
Its just the River which separated them.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by femolii: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2018
Henryjr:
Trash! We only have urhobo community(Ofoni) in bayelsa which happens to be in my LGA(sagbama). Whatever set of people u see in bayelsa only went there for economic purposes as tenants and pay dues to the landlords.

People in bayelsa:
Main ijaw speakers
Ogbia ijaws
Epie Ijaws
N an urhobo community

That so called settlement may only be found in google because it's people like u an I that supply google with the goods and bads. Believe me, that so called community is not known, not recognized or worst still has no political, geographical, cultural, social n historical facts that qualifies one to be part of a state. They are as useless as poo
Ijaw people in ondo are tanants to Ilajes because they went there for economic purposes n their from gbanran in deltal state today people calling them part of ondo state people but u don't want people to call them tanants in ondo now u are calling isoko people people tenant in bayelsa u see your life.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by SicilianMafia: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
femolii:
Ijaw people in ondo are tanants to Ilajes because they went there for economic purposes n their from gbanran in deltal state today people calling them part of ondo state people but u don't want people to call them tanants in ondo now u are calling isoko people people tenant in bayelsa u see your life.

Don't mind those useless fools..... They still remain the smallest minorities in this country and that's what they will always be!!
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by feldido(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
Efewestern:

Sanchez01 hope you see what am saying, how ignorant can one be.

And to think I was defending this lots last year during the Edo land saga beats me, am now beginning to see why people call them land grabber.

Why will you generalize just cos one shows his ignorance?

I'm Bayelsan/Deltan and I've know Anibeze since I was a kid
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by nowpresence(f): 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
AdaFonju:

There are some Urhobo/isoko & itsekiri communities in Edo state in Ovia, the landgrabbers have continuously maginalized them and call them settlers in their own land sef, you guys should be careful
Benin's have been known for their oppressive leadership. we are aware of that. you can't bully people forever. God/universe have ways of humbly people like that and it's already taking effect.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdaFonju: 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
nowpresence:

Benin's have been known for their oppressive leadership. we are aware of that. you can't bully people forever. God/universe have ways of humbly people like that and it's already taking effect.
I agree with you totally, they are now nonentities in Niger delta with a population less than 200k, whereas the Urhobo/isoko are numbering close to 5 million
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by DavidEsq(m): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
feldido:

They are just an extension of Eruwa a close community of Patani.
Its just the River which separated them.
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Queen Damilola Apologizes To Alaafin Of Oyo, Begs Him To Accept Her Back (Pix) / 13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / Olori Ola Adeyemi Builds House For Her Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.