Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74961 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chinesedoll(f): 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2010
stiil cant beleive it, shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
(Just heard of Da Grin today as stated in earlier posting)

I have noticed cross-tribal accolades pouring-in for Da Grin. How was he able to bridge "Chinese-wall-like" tribal boundaries that have held Nigeria back for so long?

I am beginning to catch a glimpse of his dominance, but I still want to know more.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by naija007: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2010

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by emeke123(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
RIP Dagrin, You will be surely missed,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Genuflect(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2010
For those wondering what's so special about Da Grin, that dude wasn't rapping. Nah, it was as if he wasn't talking to you!! I could totally relate. If you understand Yoruba very well, his songs were like talking to an Omo boy in your neighbourhood. So real!!
Plus he had the best flow in Naija. No wonder cats from other tribes feel him
Check out what Ruggedman just posted about him on fb
'I was getting a haircut this evening when my barber started talking about how DaGrin used to hang out in the area (Magodo) and was such a humble and great guy he pointed out a few houses in the estate where Grin carried out labourer site work just to make ends meet, as we spoke Dagrins song came on screen and the guy started weeping like a baby, it's not how long you live, it's the lives you touch RIP DaGrin'
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by henry101(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
canuck:

I have noticed cross-tribal accolades pouring-in for Da Grin. How was he able to bridge "Chinese-wall-like" tribal boundaries that have held Nigeria back for so long?

I am beginning to catch a glimpse of his dominance, but I still want to know more.

Once U r good in what u do, U break all tribal jargons.
Am not from his tribe but U wont believe I bought his CD when I was in Nigeria last year and have been jamming his song ever since.
I love all d songs on his last album.
RIP Da Grin. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 4teelaw(f): 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2010
na im family members kill am o! he was beginning to do well n they saw his future, awon aye! aye ma le o!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
I loved him mostly for his humility, he appreciated his fans. Even when Dampte released the so called diss track, Omo Ogun just kept doing his thing. My mom would even sing Kondo like say nothing dey happen (and she is hella religious). The dude touched lives with his music, he's what we'd call your favorite rapper's favorite rapper, His lyrics were properly locked and it got to the stage where artists who want to featured him were warned. His death is a great loss to everyone.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ubiaa5(f): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2010
from the outpouring here he must have been a great artist R.I.P,can someone post link,have never heard of him or his songs.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by SUKKIE(m): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2010
To those at loss over who  Da grin was:
dis kid was the voice of  any aspiring dude trying to get out of the shackles of abject poverty and stark penury.
An hustler by evening meaning of the word,an epitome of humility. He referenced God regardless of his challenges.
The voice of the hustler on the ghetto blockz,Da grin was the factory guy  turned business executive at Canary Wharf.
The voice of the labourer now turned a top notch Wall Street dealer.
Trust me I could go on and on abt this dude,but u need to come  face to face with d street life to know the depth of his message.
Da grin was not d average butter boi,da grin was ti eleh,He put Ogun state on the map.

RIP Grin Baba, O ye Olorun Oba the Unquestionable God.Grin baba we aignt gonna cry ,everything happens for a reason.
Thou dis is hard to take.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by denny4ril: 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
painful. rest in peace o!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by VPG: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
I will never forget the first time i heard his music it was during a super bowl party at a friend’s house. The guy was like you guys gats to listen to dis new naija rapper, everyone was like abegi carry go with your naija cd. Anyways sha he popped in the CD somehow and that was the end of the super bowl party. Come and c boys fighting over Dargrin CD. We had to go to the store to get blank CDs. All man at that party make sure they gat a copy before leaving that night.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by DL(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2010
Will surely miss your grind.
R.I.P Dagrin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by StudioCFR(m): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
Da-grin baba, C.E.O 1

A.K.A whatever. R.I.P brother, sad
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by reindeer: 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
This goes to show how wasteful Nigeria is.
Why should we have so many 18 wheelers on the roads?why cant the rail lines work? why must they import only ''about to die'' trailers into the country? this is one avoidable waste. A promising and great musician killed just cos someone brought in a useless truck,its so painful.
May Violence and death not depart from the homes of those responsible for these ills. angry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by maedan(f): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2010
Reading the tender words from the fans (mainly male, which says a lot) has helped me know something about Da Grin, and I'm really sorry I never took notice of his music until now. His lyrics and beats were brimming with originality and talent. WE have really lost a gem, rest in peace, Da Grin. I know you're grinning and happy where you are now.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by naija007: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
DAGRIN!!!!

OMOITA FOR LIFE

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tunde121oke: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2010
good guys dont last ,i believe he was a good guy ,bad guys like obansanjo are alive they never die.,bad guys never die, na wah oh,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tunde121oke: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2010
na wah oh,

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
Won ni life ti mo live mo ni pe ti ma ku
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eldee(m): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
canuck:

Someone said he wasn't popular in Benin . . . I just saw 70% of Benin guys I know quoting his lines like it was Ishan.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by platinumnk(f): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2010
eldee:

Someone said he wasn't popular in Benin . . . I just saw 70% of Benin guys I know quoting his lines like it was Ishan.
For those who speak and understand Yoruba otherwise na

reindeer:

May Violence and death not depart from the homes of those responsible for these ills. angry
Dude the truck drivers aint responsible , blame the shitty govt lipsrsealed
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kadman(m): 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2010
I heard yesterday,but didn't really feel concerned till I found out he was the rapper in my favourite Nigerian song Owo at Swagger. The part where he says "Can you feel my swagger, Gucci at Prada". That's just a freaking classic

RIP Da Grin  cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by rasputinn(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2010

Gosh . . .i'm just seeing this today.
I don't know what to say . . .its heart rending.
Why do the talented ones die, and the wackos still live to punish us with more wackness?

I wonder ooooo  angry angry angry

Even politicians that rather than work on the rail lines so we wont have so many trailers on our road,chose to loot our funds for themselves and their families,why are they not dying
People like James Ibori,IBB and co should be dying violently and not young talents like DaGrin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by bimbor(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
Just heard on Sound City that he is not dead! that he is responding to treatment.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chamotex(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Released just before he died.
Did he know?

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewiU4x-_OeQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by rasputinn(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
My heart goes out to the mom and his loved ones he lft behind.
At 23 and just blossoming in the industry,he was too young to die
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by VPG: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
I'm a n(igga) sho ti je un, mi o ra ye sho ti yo.

RIP CEO
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2010
bimbor:

Just heard on Sound City that he is not dead! that he is responding to treatment.
Stop posting conflicting details, i'm on their site and there's a link on d homepage that eulogised the late rapper(http://www.soundcity.tv/)
I'm from calabar, i dont understand anything the guy spits in his music, but i give it up to him, he's has the greatest delivery/flow in naija rap.
His flow in yoruba is even better than naeto c's flow in english. I got to know about him 4rm nairaland sometime last year when there was a thread on
'album of the year'. I said to maself- 'who on earth is this dagrin guy getting so much props', my opinion on him changed when i listened to his tracks.
Alas, it was his time. Let's stop blaming his family or d truck, let's just pray for the repose of his soul. Left Eye died in a similar way, maybe his STAR wasn't meant to shine 4 long though i must admit it was a very bright one.
F U C K all those musicians who had beef with him(they know themselves).

btw why  did d naija dailies not dim it fit to report on his death except vanguard?

God bless his soul.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tayo4me(f): 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2010
Eventhough he said we should not cry for him cry in his song, I am crying, because it's difficult not to. This is really really sad, rest in peace Dagrin cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chika98: 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2010
I didn't know who he was until a couple of days ago. Nice lyrics too. This goes to show that our health care system is wack! Everyday I see people get into crashes here and they get the uttermost care. Everything is about time and precision. I only wonder if he really got the best care every human deserves.

May he rest in peace. cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by rasputinn(m): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

Stop posting conflicting details, i'm on their site and there's a link on d homepage that eulogised the late rapper(http://www.soundcity.tv/)
I'm from calabar, i dont understand anything the guy spits in his music, but i give it up to him, he's has the greatest delivery/flow in naija rap.
His flow in yoruba is even better than naeto c's flow in english. I got to know about him 4rm nairaland sometime last year when there was a thread on
'album of the year'. I said to maself- 'who on earth is this dagrin guy getting so much props', my opinion on him changed when i listened to his tracks.
Alas, it was his time. Let's stop blaming his family or d truck, let's just pray for the repose of his soul. Left Eye died in a similar way, maybe his STAR wasn't meant to shine 4 long though i must admit it was a very bright one.
F U C K all those musicians who had beef with him(they know themselves).

Succinctly put
Applause applause

btw why did d naija dailies not dim it fit to report on his death except vanguard?

God bless his soul.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.