Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74878 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kenosky: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2010
“Ayimoye clubbing ti mo le afford one Red Bull
Ayimoye many colored T-Shirt but one red shoe
, Ayimoye many times ti mo play free show
Ayimoye ngba awon eyan ti ni kin lo give up
wo ni mo local, pe ona mi o se Hip-Hop
but mo wa determined, mo de wa focused
tori yen ni oruko mi’n spread bi staphylococcus
and ayimoye yawa, ayimoye insult
ayimoye je concoction without no salt, ”

translation!
(You don’t know how many times I went clubbing and couldn’t afford a Red Bull/You don’t know how many coloured T-Shirts I had but just one pair of red shoes/,  You don’t know how many times I performed for free/ You don’t know how many times people told me to give up/they called me too local for Hip-Hop/But I was determined and stayed focused/that’s why my name is spreading like staphylococcus/and you don’t know how much trouble, how many insults/ You don’t know how many times I ate concoctions without no salt, )

Da Drin must a left with a grin on his face!

R.I.P bro, u rhyme so tite!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by platinumnk(f): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2010
^thanks for the translation. smiley
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 24, 2010
tunde121oke:

good things dont last ,
Dude, please stop posting that image with a cross across Dagrin. His memory lives on
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by utotomi50(m): 8:24am On Apr 24, 2010
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 8:36am On Apr 24, 2010
utotomi50:

who is he?? is he a music artisit??

If you can make 300dollars a night. I am sure you have the initiatives to use the internet to find out who Da grin is. smiley You do not ask shit arse question like that when people are still mourning his death.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by utotomi50(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2010
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mbulela: 9:22am On Apr 24, 2010
canuck:

Word! I am understanding this loss small-small. Thank you, henry101.

this link provides a very apt tribute and will give you a clearer picture of the artiste in question.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5559192-146/goodnight_boss___.csp
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 9jafreak: 9:24am On Apr 24, 2010
[size=14pt]GRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN is gone

As we all put on our black suits, please remember the WHITE that's left

Peace to Mama Africa![/size]
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by funkybaby(f): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2010
Right now, am listening to ghetto dreams on me iPhone with his rhymes hitting my ear drums.

First time I took major notice of him was his freestyle on jimmyjatt's jump off. I was like 'whaaaatttttt'. The way he went on and on in Yoruba.

I hope someone picks his lines from that freestyle and put it on a single or mix tape.

He was talented. No doubt.

Anyways, o ye olorun.

It is well!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by whitesturd(f): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2010
Gawd i stil find it hard to believe dat he is gone so soon.hmmmmmmmmm life is so short.cant believe i cried so much.what a waste.such an highly talented guy.may God punish the silly person who parked the silly truck that claimed his life.what  raw talent,original Naija.all these stationary cars claim a lot of lives.OMG This is so sad.at the peak of his career.How i wish u cud still come back to life.May God grant his family the strength to bear this huge loss.DAGRIN  ure gone and gone for good.ADIEU.we your fans love you but God loves u more.AND your memory will forever linger in our hearts.we are all so proud of u.odabo oh.OLENU BI PON PON PON cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by lato2(m): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2010
Lfe and Times of DAGRIN on NIGEZIE right now, Oh Allah we cant ask you why, but you know better. May his soul rest in peace. Arguably the best rapper in nigeria, he cuts across every selective barriers. Sun re o Dagrin.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 24, 2010
Our boy's last words were Tell my fans I love them cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2010
arkinses:

Our boy's last words were Tell my fans I love them  cry

I can understand his passing away is painful to us all, but can the record label stop manufacturing poo for us to digest.  It is widely reported, he was drunk [allegedly], yet they are now saying he is going to a recording session.     .    .    .   For real? Like 2-3am in the morning?  I know people do this, but I am not sure anyone is buying this.

Also, reports claimed he died of Heart attack, and trust me, someone who suffers an Cardiac or Ischaemic attack will not be thinking of fans.

It hurts me that I have to say these things, but the record label and those around him should stop insulting our intelligence.

If the reports of him Driving whilst drunk are true, let it be used to warn people of the effect of drink driving, it will do more good than trying to tell things that a lot of people perceive as lies. undecided

Da'Grin, please rest in peace and come back soon, preferably, in my life time.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mbulela: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2010
ElRazur:

I can understand his passing away is painful to us all, but can the record label stop manufacturing poo for us to digest.  It is widely reported, he was drunk [allegedly], yet they are no saying he is going to a recording session.     .    .    .   For real? Like 2-3am in the morning?  I know people do this, but I am not sure anyone is buying this.

Also, reports claimed he died of Heart attack, and trust me, someone who suffers an Cardiac or Ischaemic attack will not be thinking of fans.

It hurts me that I have to say these things, but the record label and those around him should stop insulting our intelligence.

If the reports of him Driving whilst drunk are true, let it be used to warn people of the effect of drink driving, it will do more good than trying to tell things that a lot of people perceive as lies. undecided

Da'Grin, please rest in peace and come back soon, preferably, in my life time.

lala raised the same issue a few pages back.
This traders that pass as record company owners are despicable.
The childish lies they have been cooking up in the last week has been shameful and a stain on the guy's immaculate talent.
drink and driving is a very common phenomenon in Nigeria.
With DaGrin's huge following,we are missing a huge opportunity to address this problem.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
If Lalaboy raised similar issues, that is good enough for me. At least, I am not alone in reasoning this way.

Da Grin case should be a text model of how any upcoming artist really do not coaching and guidance.

It hurts me to think he is gone man.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by yemmight(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
I can not stop crying cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2010
i had a homeboy in the music industry(on his way up) Bonyhead AKA Muyiwa Osunde who was hit by a taxi while on a bike(okada). he broke his skull(not wearing a helmet) and was rushed to LUTH where he was succesfully operated upon but later died of cardiac arrest. a doctor friend said it was probably the anesthetic that killed him.
it's possible that Dagrin suffered a heart attack if he was operated upon in LUTH. RIP son
those of you in school or yet to enter the university.i would advise that you read to become an Anesthesiologist. we don't have enough of them in the world talk more Nigeria.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 24, 2010
Irrespective of published garb, as long as he made peace with his maker, I see no reason why such stories should be unrelentingly flogged and identified as the comeuppance of every drunk driver. Whether he drank or smoked or womanized, Dagrin was true to himself and for his originality we shouldn't remember how he died but what he lived for and represented to everyone. Abeg tears have overcome me enough and I would just love to celebrate him.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Loudspeeka(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2010
may his soul rest in peaceeeeeeeeeee embarassed :-x embarassed embarassed :-x cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2010
@Arkiness,

what are you talking about? Who says he isn't true to himself etc. Please read my post again. Your post have no relevance to what I posted.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
ElRazur:

@Arkiness,

what are you talking about? Who says he isn't true to himself etc. Please read my post again.  Your post have no relevance to what I posted.
No harm intended EL, no vex abeg. I misquoted you and I'm still hurt, I only bore my opinion over the instance surrounding the accident. I'll modify my post now
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2010
arkinses:

No harm intended EL, no vex abeg. I misquoted you and I'm still hurt, I only bore my opinion over the instance surrounding the accident. I'll modify my post now

None taken.

I am mourning myself and I guess deep down I am looking for someone to blame. It is just human nature man. No one like to lose what they like or in this case adore.

When people like this dies, it is hard to find a replacement for them. He is amongst your Tupac, MJ, Bob Marley etc. No one can come close to Da grin with his take on hiphop IMO. So you can see how painful it is to see him go just like that.

There is no justice in the world man, he is only 23. cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eldee(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2010
@ElRazur

I see where you're coming from . . . his death should be put in the best possible way.
That's the best way to promote his legacy.

I wish his team and the media would just stop putting spins on this story and set p a foundation to educate people on the dangers of drunk driving.
That's probably what he would have rapped about had he survived this.

It's becoming more rampant with people, a lot of celebs have had accidents because of it but it gets hushed because it's not fatal.

Everyone has someone to blame, but let's put it to good use at least. I heard that there is a possibility that the doctors were on strike.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tomzman: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2010
R.I.P Da Grin cry cry hope u make heaven undecided
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2010
Its just too hard to deal with. The way out as I thought was listening to his music but its only a stark reminder of what's not anymore and I keep welling up cry Its so sad cos I have a few family members that I would not even flinch an eyelid over their demise!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2010
@Eldee

I can't tell you how much the thing dey freaking pain me.

The doctors strike may be another contributory factor, but then my logic is telling me shouldn't his management be looking at flying him out of the country. For crying out loud, he was breathing and what not for a week you know. The more I think about it, the more I just wanna blame someone I swear.

Record labels should have insurance to look after their own asset man. Remember when Kanu had the heart problem - same thing that killed Samuel Okpwaraji - Arsenal made sure he had the best treatment and footed all the bills, including his rehabilitation.  

If the president can fly out, it is good enough for Da Grin to do the same.

When will our people learn that it ain't all about money, money, money. Omo I am vex man. Last time I felt like this was the when Pac and MJ died.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chibaby5(f): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry Dagrin I Love u! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry hope u in heaven cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry May yo soul rest in the bossom of the Almighty. . . cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
What with the volcanic ash lingering over Europe, that  option could have been sought and discarded. But correct me if i'm wrong though, whatever happened to the Lagoon hospital or other private hospitals in Nigeria. Are they not adequately equipped with manpower and resource anymore? They why call them private? The decision of keeping him at LUTH with that hospital's track record of regard for human life is just. . . I don't know!  angry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kaymode(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
Da grin,
Already missing you bro.
Rest in peace  sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvjRLTSK1Bs
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ElRazur: 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2010
@Arkines

Medical and emergency flights were allowed. A little girl going for some surgery was allowed to pass the ban if I remember correctly. Besides, there are other places they could have taken him to outside the EU.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by paddylo1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2010
R.I.P Homie. . .
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by chibaby5(f): 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2010
i really don't knw watz wrong wiv sum nigerianz and their thinkin. i actually thot bwt them flyin him abroad but ohhh, datz abit of task i guess but a private hospital is not askin 4 2much is it?? KMT  angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Wizkid Has An Issue With Olamide's "Wo" Lyrics / Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.