Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Da Grin Is Dead! - Music/Radio (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Is Dead! (74963 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by ziga: 11:33pm On Apr 23, 2010
Huge loss.

He will surely be missed.

RIP
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by reindeer: 12:02am On Apr 24, 2010
platinumnk:

For those who speak and understand Yoruba otherwise na
Dude the truck drivers aint responsible , blame the shitty govt lipsrsealed

sorry i was just so pained by the death, and the harsh wish wasnt for the truck drivers, it was for the politicians who have reduced the country into that despicable shape, really so painful, i pray God grants his family the heart to bear such a huge loss. My only fear now is that Nigerians who didnt really know him will rush to buy his Cds and the money will all go to pirates (big boss jigga man etc), too bad!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by 0i: 12:06am On Apr 24, 2010
still cant believe you've gone so soon, i will always love and remember cry cry cry cry cry cry you. Good bye Da Grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Genuflect(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2010
Wow, rasputin. Did you write that. If so, beautiful write-up
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sezie(f): 12:33am On Apr 24, 2010
NIAIJA HAS LOST A GEM
DA'GRIN am ur 1 n only fan n i luv u so much.
Adieu, till we meet again at d bossom of our Lord
MISS U. cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sunnykiss(m): 12:36am On Apr 24, 2010
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Genuflect(m): 12:55am On Apr 24, 2010
If I Die

Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by henry101(m): 1:05am On Apr 24, 2010
MAKE U NO CRY 4 ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO SAD. angry sad
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:07am On Apr 24, 2010
Genuflect:

Wow, rasputin. Did you write that. If so, beautiful write-up
it'was chairman.
thanks.
God bless the dead.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mbulela: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2010
there is a most beautiful tribute written on the passing of the CEO.
No need cutting and pasting, just use the link below.
I can barely understand a complete sentence in Yoruba but that has not stopped me having several tracks of the CEO on my ipod and laptop.
talent no get tribe.
dude was pure talent,unfortunately ground dey greedy and keeps swallowing the best while leaving us with mediocrity that keep hugging the limelight like -----------------

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/ArtsandCulture/x2/Entertainment/5559192-146/goodnight_boss___.csp
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eldee(m): 1:28am On Apr 24, 2010
platinumnk:

For those who speak and understand Yoruba otherwise na

Good music is a universal language.
Kanye and Eminem are stars in Germany and Denmark.
MJ had Asians learning to say 'beat it' before learning 'hi'

I used to feel 2shot and Big Lo . . . even their Igbo lines.
I can give you all the Igbo lines in Delicious, yet I don't even knew how to count 1-10 in the language.

Dagrin's music was for everyone . . . especially that funny autotuned laughter at the beginning of the songs. grin grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by platinumnk(f): 1:33am On Apr 24, 2010
eldee:

I can give you all the Igbo lines in Delicious, yet I don't even knew how to count 1-10 in the language.

Dagrin's music was for everyone . . . especially that funny autotuned laughter at the beginning of the songs. grin grin
For you maybe. . but I like to understand what I listen to.
Without understanding the lyrics its just feeling the beat and the tunes,
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by doyin13(m): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2010
eldee:

Yeah Bruv. . .Favourite song at the moment is Flavour's N'abania. grin grin grin grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by doyin13(m): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2010
platinumnk:

For you maybe. .  but I like to understand what I listen to.

Baby boo. . . . . .  Okwa n'abania ka ife n'ine ga eme wink wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by sjeezy8: 1:37am On Apr 24, 2010
eldee:

yessir I was blastin some ikechuwku "Now is the time" and the hottest lines in the song were the igbo parts- and I DONT UNDERSTAND IGBO.

or what about people who listen to makossa music and dont understand french.
Good music is universal
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by eldee(m): 1:40am On Apr 24, 2010
platinumnk:

For you maybe. .  but I like to understand what I listen to.

That's the thing . . . most times when people enjoy the delivery, the next thing is . . . 'what did he say there??'
I had a friend that learnt English from hiphop, she's Somalian . . . even K'naan did that too.

When 9ice came out, I literally had about 10s of people asking me to translate parts of the song for them. . . same with Wande Coal.

doyin13:

Yeah Bruv. . .Favourite song at the moment is Flavour's N'abania.  grin grin grin grin

You go don they sing-along already before you remember say . . .'omo, dis guy fit dey yab my Papa ooh . . . make I ask Emeka for the translation' grin grin grin
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by SeXyBoNE: 2:04am On Apr 24, 2010
Da Grin R.I.P

God knows better than all of us
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:20am On Apr 24, 2010
http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/interview/439-i-respect-9ice-ajasa-but-its-my-time-now-da-grin.html

just saw this link, his last interview with tribune.

Let's all give it up to people like RUGGEDY BABA, people that take delight in seeing other artiste prosper. I like Ruggedy's personality(down to earth), though i don't jam his music that much.
In the interview he referred to Rugged Man as a Senior Brother(said he loved him to death).
Rugged man was highly influential in his(Dagrin's) career blossoming.
I know some other rapper(s)(He know's himself/they know themselves) that'll be more interested in criticising the kind of HipHop you do,
rather than trying to help build your career. If Dagrin went to that rapper(in question), he would have discouraged Dagrin from doing Yoruba Rap,
he would have sounded like ' Real Hip hop is UNDERGROUND, Real Hip-hop is done the Hardcore Newyork way, no vernacular, no pidgin'.
That's why some rappers in naija are so broke, they' don't wanna learn.

God produce more Ruggedy Baba's in our Music industry.

God bless the Dead
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by kashmo: 2:53am On Apr 24, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/interview/439-i-respect-9ice-ajasa-but-its-my-time-now-da-grin.html

just saw this link, his last interview with tribune.

Let's all give it up to people like RUGGEDY BABA, people that take delight in seeing other artiste prosper. I like Ruggedy's personality(down to earth), though i don't jam his music that much.
In the interview he referred to Rugged Man as a Senior Brother(said he loved him to death).
Rugged man was highly influential in his(Dagrin's) career blossoming.
I know some other rapper(s)(He know's himself/they know themselves) that'll be more interested in criticising the kind of HipHop you do,
rather than trying to help build your career. If Dagrin went to that rapper(in question), he would have discouraged Dagrin from doing Yoruba Rap,
he would have sounded like ' Real Hip hop is UNDERGROUND, Real Hip-hop is done the Hardcore Newyork way, no vernacular, no pidgin'.
That's why some rappers in naija are so broke, they' don't wanna learn.

God produce more Ruggedy Baba's in our Music industry.

God bless the Dead
I don't know why y'all post a freaking irrelevant link on here angry The article is not accurate but misleading!!
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by gee2(m): 3:42am On Apr 24, 2010
Forever Young - Jay-Z ft. Mr Hudson.
Dedicated by me <gee> to the
C.E.O, Da Grin. R.I.P.P

ya never waited ta livd da ghetto dreamz ya sang bout.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 3:43am On Apr 24, 2010
kashmo:

I don't know why y'all post a freaking irrelevant link on here angry The article is not accurate but misleading!!
You Modey fan, what's misleading about the article? Must you expose yourself everywhere you go?
If not for the Nature of this thread, i would have ripped your faux pas to shreds.

God bless the Dead.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by mbulela: 3:57am On Apr 24, 2010
Make thunder no fire una o!
una wan desecrate this thread wey we take dey pay tribute to the C.E.O. with una useless rugged/mode beef?
guys, if you don't respect yourselves, at least respect the talent and potential of Da Grin.
This is very childish and irresponsible.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by gee2(m): 4:06am On Apr 24, 2010
Forever Young - Jay-Z ft. Mr Hudson.
Dedicated by me <gee> to the
C.E.O, Da Grin. R.I.P.P

didn't wait 2 live d ghetto dreamz
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by platinumnk(f): 5:08am On Apr 24, 2010
@eldee- I hear you, I like Gonga Aso even though I just rock the beat  grin
tongue

doyin13:

Baby boo. . . . . .  Okwa n'abania ka ife n'ine ga eme wink wink wink grin grin grin
Kedu ihe m ga eme nwuru gi?  smiley smiley
Long Time . . .
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Lennox13(m): 6:07am On Apr 24, 2010
rip
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:24am On Apr 24, 2010
mbulela:

Make thunder no fire una o!
una wan desecrate this thread wey we take dey pay tribute to the C.E.O. with una useless rugged/mode beef?
guys, if you don't respect yourselves, at least respect the talent and potential of Da Grin.
This is very childish and irresponsible.
i'm sorry.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 24, 2010
Hey Dapo, couldn't sleep well again last night. Your thoughts perturbed my sleep, why did you have to go now? I miss you to pieces I swear, I miss you cry I'll mourn you for as long as my being allows.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 6:28am On Apr 24, 2010
Genuflect:

For those wondering what's so special about Da Grin, that dude wasn't rapping. Nah, it was as if he wasn't talking to you!! I could totally relate. If you understand Yoruba very well, his songs were like talking to an Omo boy in your neighbourhood. So real!!
Plus he had the best flow in Naija. No wonder cats from other tribes feel him
Check out what Ruggedman just posted about him on fb
'I was getting a haircut this evening when my barber started talking about how DaGrin used to hang out in the area (Magodo) and was such a humble and great guy he pointed out a few houses in the estate where Grin carried out labourer site work just to make ends meet, as we spoke Dagrins song came on screen and the guy started weeping like a baby, it's not how long you live, it's the lives you touch RIP DaGrin'.

Thanks for the insight - Much appreciated.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by canuck(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2010
henry101:

Once U r good in what u do, U break all tribal jargons.
Am not from his tribe but U wont believe I bought his CD when I was in Nigeria last year and have been jamming his song ever since.
I love all d songs on his last album.
RIP Da Grin.

Word! I am understanding this loss small-small. Thank you, henry101.
Re: Da Grin Is Dead! by tunde121oke: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2010
good things dont last ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Nigerian Idol: Dbanj’s Facial Expression Got People Talking / To Listen to Nigerian Music Online / Good Old Days: Do You Remember This Gadget? (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.