Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? (3161 Views)

My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Sleeping With A 13-Year-Old Boy In His Parents' House / At What Stage In Life Is It Okay For A Man To Have A Fiancée? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2018
I have a friend who is getting married soon but still lives with his parents. Although, he stays separately in another apartment but still in that same building. He said he isn't buoyant enough to rent an apartment that suit his Lady's standards.

So is it okay for him to get married in his parents house or he should just find a means to move out?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by xynerise: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:
I have a friend who is getting married soon but still lives with his parents. Although, he stays separately in another apartment but still in that same building. He said he isn't buoyant enough to rent an apartment that suit his Lady's standards.

So is it okay for him to get married in his parents house or he should just find a means to move out?

You said he is not buoyant enough and you still wants him to find a means to move out, to where exactly, under the bridge?

Suit his Lady's standard?

How much did she contribute?
He should better rent to his own standard and not to impress someone who didnt assist

11 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 6:55pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

To me it's wrong.. when it gets to a certain age, a man is suppose to be on his own, doesn't matter if is just one room, be independent.

And as for the bold, I'm really not understanding I mean, I do but I don't get why that is always an issue. If she has a standard, she should help contribute towards the said standard.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by nedu2000(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
If he isn't buoyant enough to cater for something as basic as shelter why bother getting married ? Let him not bring children into this world to suffer oh

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Olalan(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
Its not ideal to marry in a compound housing the parents, as the couple are far from freedom. As regards not been able to get a standard apartment that suits the wife, your friend might just be marrying a lady he isn't on the same level with.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
Too many monitoring eyes. Such is normal in many societies though

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
let me ask you first, is their any law that forbids one from staying in the same compound with his parent and get married? to me I hv never seen and dis is none..as long as its not in the same apartment, no problem...if it suites the couple to stay in the compound, better...it's Ida personal choice and besides he told you he is not yet bouyant. .....he should be lucky its a different apartment in the same compound...

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
amokeme:

To me it's wrong.. when it gets to a certain age, a man is suppose to be on his own, doesn't matter if is just one room, be independent.

And as for the bold, I'm really not understanding I mean, I do but I don't get why that is always an issue. If she has a standard, she should help contribute towards the said standard.

The guy said he can only afford like a room self con but the lady feels its small and she is even ready to drop a single penny...
And you know you ladies know how to get a man to do your wish especially when he's in love....
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by gentle136(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
Any man dat marry in his parent house simply imply he his not capable and ready 4 marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
xynerise:

You said he is not buoyant enough and you still wants him to find a means to move out, to where exactly, under the bridge?

Suit his Lady's standard?

How much did she contribute?
He should better rent to his own standard and not to impress someone who didnt assist

The guy wan go borrow money ni o
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

The guy said he can only afford like a room self con but the lady feels its small and she is even ready to drop a single penny...
And you know you ladies know how to get a man to do your wish especially when he's in love....
Is or is not?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by xynerise: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

The guy wan go borrow money ni o
Poor decision. You don't borrow to rent an apartment when your income won't fetch you money for next rent

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tayo60(f): 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
D bible says a man shall leave his father and mother. So its not ideal for him to marry in his father's house.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
Why would a man comfortably harbour his wife in his parents house and see nothing wrong in it? Some things don't just seem right even though it's not stated in the law

Even without being married, there was a point I was no longer feeling comfortable staying under the roof of my parents not to talk of bringing a wife into the same house. I will rather leave my father's duplex and live with my wife in a one room apartment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2018
amokeme:
Is or is not?
She's not ready to drop a dime
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
tosyne2much:
Why would a man comfortably harbour his wife in his parents house and see nothing wrong in it? Some things don't just seem right even though it's not stated in the law

Even without being married, there was a point I was no longer feeling comfortable staying under the roof of my parents. I will rather leave my father's duplex and live with my wife in a one room apartment

That wife isn't willing to live with you in that one room apartment and you really do love her. What Do You Do?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2018
xynerise:

Poor decision. You don't borrow to rent an apartment when your income won't fetch you money for next rent

His income should be able to but he doesn't has a budget for it and can't afford beyond what I initially stated at the moment
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Too many monitoring eyes. Such is normal in many societies though

Normal? How??
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

That wife isn't willing to live with you in that one room apartment and you really do love her. What Do You Do?
Baba, a man will always be a man unless you're a wussy guy.

If you can't make a decision as a man and your wife will obliged, then you are only a career of a joystick and not a man

She just have to swallow her pride and move with me into that one room apartment, but for me and her to marry in my parents house and continue to bear children? mba that's never going to happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by xynerise: 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

His income should be able to but he doesn't has a budget for it and can't afford beyond what I initially stated at the moment

He should start from a room apartment
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2018
Well there's nothing bad in it. There are couples who started their early married life in their parents boysquaters before moving to their own flat. So it will be wise if your friend starts making concrete plans on how to move to his own pad with his wife in the nearest future. He shouldn't just relax wit his wife in his parents house and start birthing kids upandan.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
xynerise:

He should start from a room apartment

The lady wouldn't go with him. She want something better... That's the issue here!
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by wristbangle: 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
Getting married in your parents' house could be a terrible decision as most especially when your mother ( in law) to your wife may be creating an uncomfortable environment for her when it comes to marital affair/decision.

Also, if your wife to be can't manage a self con apartment pending when you get a better one shows she may not withstand marital financial pressure in the long run.

For me, what you can afford is what you should go for. Don't raise unnecessary debt that would be difficult for you to pay within a stipulated period. Don't because you want to satisfy her wish start your marriage on bankruptcy level.

Lastly, double your hustle bro and keep praying God bless it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by bobokeshington: 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
let me ask you first, is their any law that forbids one from staying in the same compound with his parent and get married? to me I hv never seen and dis is none..as long as its not in the same apartment, no problem...if it suites the couple to stay in the compound, better...it's Ida personal choice and besides he told you he is not yet bouyant. .....he should be lucky its a different apartment in the same compound...

I personally don't agree to this. But he is weighing this option anyway
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
Oh my God!! Staying in parents house with ur wife?
And the parents are alive?
I wouldn't do that if I were him, he should have been out of his parents house long b4 now.
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by xynerise: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

Then do what you are capable of. You are the main decision maker here. If she threatens to leave you due to your decision, open both your door and window for her to vermose
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17, 2018
wristbangle:
Getting married in your parents' house could be a terrible decision as most especially when your mother ( in law) to your wife may be creating an uncomfortable environment for her when it comes to marital affair/decision.

Also, if your wife to be can't manage a self con apartment pending when you get a better one shows she may not withstand marital financial pressure in the long run.

For me, what you can afford is what you should go for. Don't raise unnecessary debt that would be difficult for you to pay within a stipulated period. Don't because you want to satisfy her wish, you start your marriage on deficit level.

Lastly, double your hustle bro and keep praying God bless it.

Your head correct jawe oga Wristbangle... The only time you can consider living in your parents' house together with your wife is when unexpected events happen that left you in no choice.. But getting married in your parents house and begin to bear children there is absurd

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by wristbangle: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
tosyne2much:
Your head correct jawe oga Wristbangle... The only time you can consider living in you parents' house together with your wife is when unexpected events happen that left you in no choice

Prof tosyne2much, that's it my brother. The bible made reference to a man leaving his parents home and form his. If unforeseen circumstances happen that may lead him to stay in his parents house, that should be temporarily.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2018
wristbangle:

Prof tosyne2much, that's it my brother. The bible made reference to a man leaving his parents home and form his. If unforeseen circumstances happen that may lead him to stay in his parents house, that should be temporarily.
Some things does not dignify you as a man and one of it is marrying in your father's house (if it's a mansion)

There's even more dignity managing a face-me-I-face-you apartment than living with your wife in your parents' house. E no just make sense

Abi how you think am?
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2018
bobokeshington:

Lol, very funny, she should contribute to upgrade the standard

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by amokeme(f): 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2018
tosyne2much:

Even without being married, there was a point I was no longer feeling comfortable staying under the roof of my parents not to talk of bringing a wife into the same house. I will rather leave my father's duplex and live with my wife in a one room apartment
Read the initial post well o. The guy doesn't have a problem leaving his parent's house, but the wife to be is not comfortable with the accommodation he can afford. So its safe to say, she is the one hindering him from moving. And then she isn't ready to contribute towards her supposed standards
Re: Is It Okay For A Man To Get Married In His Parents House? by tosyne2much(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2018
amokeme:

Read the initial post well o. The guy doesn't have a problem leaving his parent's house, but the wife to be is not comfortable with the accommodation he can afford. So its safe to say, she is the one hindering him from moving. And then she isn't ready to contribute towards her supposed standards
Yes I read it.. But in that sense, she doesn't have a choice than to swallow her pride and accept her fate knowing that you can't always meet up to your standard in life.. There are situations in life when you will have to compromise your standard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Ladies Causes Commotion With Their Huge Chest (photos) / See The Provocative Pre-wedding Picture That Got People Talking / Nairaland Is A Clear Case Study Of The Poverty Rate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.