Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,342 members, 7,853,524 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? (365 Views)

Guys, If You Want Your Lady To Respect You, Do This. / Guys, What Would You Like Your Lady To Stop Doing? / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? by fraspree(m): 6:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hi,
I get mixed messages about who pays on a date. Letting the lady sometimes pay for me makes me feel like I’m less independent, less of a man and needy. When she calls the waiter to make the payment, I worry if she thinks I’m taking advantage.

I appreciate the gesture, but do I have to worry about letting her do this? We all know the African way that a man always provides and I don’t want her to insult me one day cos of this
–K

We all carry assumptions about how that first date bill should be handled but, unfortunately, talking about who’s paying for what is more socially unacceptable than having un-met expectations. Without open communication, it’s easy to end up disappointed:
Perhaps more women would feel better about having the bill paid for. If you want to avoid drama surrounding who pays for the date, remember these three things:

https://hpluscommunitylink..co.ke/2018/02/do-you-allow-your-lady-to-pay-bill-on.html
Re: Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? by Olachase(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
you never know anything by the time u go pay back en nobody go show u the way to run
Re: Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? by habsydiamond(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
No.....first date guy must pay......after that the babe first pay but out of 100% on 3% of the girls go won pay....cos majority of them too like free thing......and dem no know say awoof dey run belle
Re: Do You Allow Your Lady To Pay The Bill On A Date? by fraspree(m): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2018
Our ladies (African ladies especially nigerians) are too stingy when it come to matter of money, they believe its their right to keep being on the receiving end from men yet they are clamoring for feminism. They want the price but they cannot take the heat. My own girl friend sees it as a gigolo act anytime she thinks of helping me out with cash anytime i need her help. She prefers i borrow from other dudes but her or anyother lady. Pls how did we get here?

(1) (Reply)

Making Marriage Work:what Should Be The Wife’s ‘role’ In Marriage? / Nigerian Star Danny Jay(nairalander) Outs Sizzling Single ‘marihanna’ / 5 Ways You Can Support Your Adult Children Effectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.