Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka (13619 Views)

Nigerians Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria - Daily Trust / Obasanjo Coalition For Nigeria: Mark, Makarfi, Lamido, Others Weigh Options / Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria Movement Launches In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by theJournalng(m): 2:07am On Feb 21, 2018
Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, says he should be examined by a psychiatrist if he joins the Coalition for Nigeria Movement (CNM) masterminded by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo recommended the coalition in a letter he wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari in January.

The elder statement had asked Nigerians to rally round the movement, saying neither the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) nor the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) could give Nigeria the leadership it deserves.

But speaking in an interview with BBC Yoruba, Soyinka said the coalition is not meant for someone like him.

“Me? Obasanjo would establish a group and I will become a member of such group? That means they should get a psychiatrist to examine me,” Soyinka said.

He also spoke about the letters which Obasanjo and former military President Ibrahim Babangida addressed to Buhari.

Soyinka said people should get suspicious “when these soldiers speak” because there is the possibility that “what they have in mind is different from what we have in mind”.

The scholar said nonetheless, the content of the message should be examined even though the messengers are not trustworthy.

“When these soldiers begin to speak, we are supposed to get suspicious and ask what exactly do they have in mind? It is possible that what they have in mind is different from what we have in mind,” he said.

“You can look at it from two perspectives, the messenger and the message. The message should be examined closely. We should not look at the misdeeds of the messenger alone. Let’s start by asking, is he saying the truth or telling lies, or is he being tricky?

“If he is saying the truth and talking about things that are beneficial to the masses, we would allow that be. After that, we would now look at the person speaking, what is in his mind? … even if it’s a little child who is speaking, as far as that child is saying the truth, we won’t ask the child to keep quiet. We won’t ask the child what do you know? We would listen. It is the same situation with those who have presided over the affairs of this nation without making significant progress.

“We have seen their weaknesses, we have seen their unclothedness in public, if they now want to be covered by saying that they have turned a new leaf, we would examine that, too. What I am saying in essence is that what they have said should also be examined.”

He urged the youth to come together and present a candidate to represent them, adding that the older generation would support them.

“We have a lot of them. It is the turn of the younger ones. If they come together, as we speak, if they can start now and bring out one individual among them, we will work with him,” he said.

“We are going to give them the support they need to transform the country. People like us are supposed to sit somewhere.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/soyinka-get-psychitrist-examine-ever-join-obasanjos-coalition/amp

7 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by PrettySatan: 2:11am On Feb 21, 2018
The two have never been friends from onset.

And our Lord Satan does not like peace..

13 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by InfernoNig: 2:18am On Feb 21, 2018
The tori too much. When the time comes I will be ready.

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by yarimo(m): 2:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Mr SOYINKA Don't bother yourself about Coalition for Nigeria movement, it is already dead on arrival grin grin grin

23 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by cooldipo(m): 4:02am On Feb 21, 2018
O deep!

grin
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Sagamaje(m): 5:01am On Feb 21, 2018
yarimo:
Mr SOYINKA Don't bother yourself about Coalition for Nigeria movement, it is already dead on arrival grin grin grin

Oga Ade , the real message is that your god Cowhari the dullardino is a failure we Nigerians will send back to Daura to feed his gay cows by 2019

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by agwom(m): 5:08am On Feb 21, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by PointZerom: 5:52am On Feb 21, 2018
It is even better to join OBJ'S coalition than to join your cult group.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by leofab(f): 5:57am On Feb 21, 2018
Have you torn you Green card yet?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by ayusco85(m): 6:32am On Feb 21, 2018
That Maggi sauce looks unreliable
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by madridguy(m): 6:34am On Feb 21, 2018
Pa OBJ tongue

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by seniorgozman(m): 6:57am On Feb 21, 2018
You are mad already for giving us PMB

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by princepeter566: 7:10am On Feb 21, 2018
may fat herdsmen fall on u Mr Soyinka, is not as if I like obj but any thing that will out this male cow from aso rock come 2019 I'm 100% in support,

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by 007author(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2018
Soyinka And OBJ are like rat and cat lol

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by papoudaupolos: 7:32am On Feb 21, 2018
We
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by comos: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2018
I will only believe Soyinka if he tears his green card

9 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2018
ómò see our supposed ROLE MODELS shocked shocked shocked

Adults behaving like children

Who would bring the youths together

How will the youth come together when you adults are still behaving like children undecided

Nigeria is undergoing one of it tough times ever recorded in history due to Buhari's mis-management

Or should I say his nepotism or his preference of cow over human being

priority to save money over the citizen's welfare is not helping matters.

With all these crises all Soyinka could really do is to come and throw jabs on someone trying to make an effort

Isn't time you set aside your misunderstanding and forge a positive way forward

Instead of waiting for God knows who to save the country

If OBJ is not doing it right, what have you done to make it right

You were famous after winning an award someone laid the foundation for

What would you be remembered for What have you given back to a nation who have held you in high regards

Forget Obasanjo, leave his ideology but what is yours and what should Nigerians expect from you this year sir

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by tunjiajayi: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2018
Ododo Oro!
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by AishaBuhari: 9:17am On Feb 21, 2018
Soyinka the grammatarian - It was part of your grammar that presented uneducated fellow to lead Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Kobicove(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
He has started talking again...

The same way he vowed to destroy his American green card if Trump won the presidential elections undecided

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Samogbo1(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
Mk we heqr
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by eleojo23: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
All these our elders that swing from side to side like pendulum sef undecided
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Yankee101: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
You also helped give us Buhari
Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by adisabarber(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
Na so he say he go tear green card if trump win
Agbaya

2 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Evablizin(f): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
grin

Baba which one,yaba left or yaba right?

You never tear the Green card.

4 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2018
Yankee101:
You also helped give us Buhari

He stole your PVC? lipsrsealed ? You can't decide for yourself?

I can't remember Soyinka ever holding more than 1 single vote

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by basingstoke: 9:22am On Feb 21, 2018
Mr man please go to the hospital. Stupid man, you were foolish enough to support Buhari, well a mentally challenged never knows he is mad, supporting Buhari amounts to psychiatric illness.

3 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by cogbuagu: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
Make him park joor!!!
He has nothing to offer again.

Hope he has left usa as promised,?

2 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by Ahmeduana(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
WHO EVER THOUGHT THAT YOU WILL BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF CAMPAIGNING FOR AN EX DICTATOR TO COME AND RULE AS A CIVILIAN GENERAL, UHN?

6 Likes

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by akeentech(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

He stole your PVC? angry

1 Like

Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by dfrost: 9:25am On Feb 21, 2018
cheesy grin

We already that two of you don't see eyeball to eyeball

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Rocks APC As Legal Adviser Accuses Oshiomhole Of Hijacking His Offi / APC Parallel Congresses: Three Factional Chairmen Emerge In Akwa Ibom / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.