Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 (17687 Views)

Insecurity Getting Worse Under Buhari - Goodluck Jonathan At Fasoranti's Home / 'we Stand By Nigeria' - Transparency International, Praise EFCC Chair, Magu / ‘corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Omeokachie: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Na lie. Buhari is winning the fight.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by autotrader014(m): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
Ofcourse i always knew buhari is a joke

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Igba123: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
obviously obvious.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Champele(m): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Fake news sponsored by the looters party, PDP.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Newpride(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2018
Pmb is fighting or not fighting corruption, the fact is corruption has eaten deep into the bone marrow of the system of this country hence, it will be difficult for anybody to succeed in the war against it.
That's why the this current administration is facing serious set back in the fight against corruption.
all memebers if his own cabinet have all benefitted from one corruption case or the other that leapfrogged them to where they're today.
Only God can save this country.
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by michoim(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2018
This is contradictory report. The figures shows we did better and not worse. But other countries might have done much more better though..
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Reference(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2018
By 2019 everyone will be demystified....nothing new to say on this forum. Same ol, same ol...
Without restructuring Nigeria has no future.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by kestare(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2018
God help us in Nigeria.
Things are getting terrible, why?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by oganology33(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2018
They'll soon release a statement, saying "Corruption fighting back". Animal Farm.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by samstels: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2018
I am not surprised .When you do not run an all inclusive government ,what do you expect ?

The power is in the hand of very few old corrupt individuals .

I cannot wait for 2019 to vote out this nepotic and incompetent old man from Daura .

Let him go home and stay with his 150 cows .

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:58am On Feb 22, 2018
I thought they said Jubril Muhammadu buhari is incorruptible and Hollier more than prophet Moham-MAD ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by planetzoom: 9:59am On Feb 22, 2018
transparency international is being sponsored by the PDP to blackmail buharis government , we know they are part of the looters that destroyed Nigeria's economy for 16 years.- Lie Muhammed.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Truckpusher(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2018
GloryIsaac:
If they could pull off the Chibok scam to get into power, what do you expect? sad

#PatientlyWaitingFor2019.

Scandinavian countries though wink
They pulled it off because Jonathan wasn't ready to do and undo and the entire Nigerian populace was too dumb to exist in the 21st century.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Anikulhapo(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2018
rxmusa:
DASUKIGATE!
"The reason why my own thumb will never vote for PDP again"

With humility and profound respect i write this, the rationale behind this write-up is to exercise my freedom of speech and expression, and also to urge my fellow countrymen to be more conscious in exercising their franchise.
In the fast years, Our dear country Nigeria had been battling with insurgency, the Boko haram menace (conspiracy as some people called it.). We have seen how Soldiers were deployed in large numbers to the war front without proper arms and ammunitions, this result in mass burial of brave and gallant soldiers. The morale of our gallant soldiers was shaken at that time, the dignity and pride of the Nigerian army seems to be lost at that time, the North-Eastern part of the counrty was in chaos and turmoil, there was break down of law and order.
The ruling party at that the time was the PDP.
The president at that time was Gooluck Jonathan Ebele Azikwe. A huge sum of money was approved for the purchased of arms to help tackle the boko haram menace.

Lo and behold!! Before our own eyes the money was diverted to fund the PDP 2015 General Election. This is clearly inhumane. Shortly after PDP lost the 2015 Election to opppsition, we begin to hear shocking revelation about how the money meant for procurement of arms was diverted to fund the PDP campaigns, thanks to Muhammadu buhari's administration anti-corruption war.

The ruling party sent our young, brave and gallant soldiers to the battlefield to die, and without shame they jubilate and share the public money with there political jamboree while our soldiers are dying on the war front.

All this was done by the PDP and under the watch of the president, the ruling party; PDP.
Therefore, i'll not forgive myself if i ever vote for PDP again in my life. I hereby call on my fellow sane countrymen to look at history and be more conscious in excercising their franchise.

To my fellow comrades that our opinion and political affiliation differs, i hope you'll endeavor to understand my views and opinion.
To my fellow countrymen and compatriots, this is my own view and opinion, and i hope you will reason very well before you make your own.
To my brothers and the good people that i have the privilege to know, who are contesting for various seats under the PDP flatform, i'm very sorry!! But my own thumb will never vote PDP again. I hope u'll understand and respect my opinion.

Thanks y'all.
#myopinion #ispeakfree #politics #onenigeria #betternigeria #truth
U are still blaming PDP after 3 years

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Aboguede(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2018
Poblicity seeker. Very local

[

quote author=rxmusa post=65275792]DASUKIGATE!

With humility and profound respect i write this, the rationale behind this write-up is to exercise my freedom of speech and expression, and also to urge my fellow countrymen to be more conscious in exercising their franchise.
In the fast years, Our dear country Nigeria had been battling with insurgency, the Boko haram menace (conspiracy as some people called it.). We have seen how Soldiers were deployed in large numbers to the war front without proper arms and ammunitions, this result in mass burial of brave and gallant soldiers. The morale of our gallant soldiers was shaken at that time, the dignity and pride of the Nigerian army seems to be lost at that time, the North-Eastern part of the counrty was in chaos and turmoil, there was break down of law and order.
The president at that time was Gooluck Jonathan Ebele Azikwe. A huge sum of money was approved for the purchased of arms to help tackle the boko haram menace.

Lo and behold!! Before our own eyes the money was diverted to fund the PDP 2015 General Election. This is clearly inhumane. Shortly after PDP lost the 2015 Election to opppsition, we begin to hear shocking revelation about how the money meant for procurement of arms was diverted to fund the PDP campaigns, thanks to Muhammadu buhari's administration anti-corruption war.

The ruling party sent our young, brave and gallant soldiers to the battlefield to die, and without shame they jubilate and share the public money with there political jamboree while our soldiers are dying on the war front.

All this was done by the PDP and under the watch of the president, the ruling party; PDP.
Therefore, i'll not forgive myself if i ever vote for PDP again in my life. I hereby call on my fellow sane countrymen to look at history and be more conscious in excercising their franchise.

To my fellow comrades that our opinion and political affiliation differs, i hope you'll endeavor to understand my views and opinion.
To my fellow countrymen and compatriots, this is my own view and opinion, and i hope you will reason very well before you make your own.
To my brothers and the good people that i have the privilege to know, who are contesting for various seats under the PDP flatform, i'm very sorry!! But my own thumb will never vote PDP again. I hope u'll understand and respect my opinion.

Thanks y'all.
#myopinion #ispeakfree #politics #onenigeria #betternigeria #truth[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Xisnin(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:
I don't believe this report. What is their yardstick? Let them state funds being stashed abroad as was the case. Or even in Nigeria can they say they have traced funds and assets being diverted by public officials, yes there is still corruption but Government has approached the fight vigorously contraly to the norms in the past.

Aside Abacha, I don't remember any foreign country or organization that claims that funds were "stashed" abroad.
To properly understand the report, you need to broaden your knowledge on what it means for a country to be corrupt.
Stop being delusional. Corruption has gotten worse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Anikulhapo(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2018
michoim:
This is contradictory report. The figures shows we did better and not worse. But other countries might have done much more better though..

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by emmasege: 10:06am On Feb 22, 2018
It's a pity that a dullard and imbe.ccile like Buhari was chosen by the progressives (Tinubus) to pilot the affairs of this nation, when they had their best chance.

With PDP still lurking around and the dullard's insistence to run for a second term, Tinubu and his crony should start preparing for a post-FG power era, beginning from May 2019.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by achiever12: 10:08am On Feb 22, 2018
rxmusa:
DASUKIGATE!

Thanks y'all.

All that matters here is that Buhari runs the most corrupt government in the history of Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by mikedimeji(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2018
rxmusa:
DASUKIGATE!

Thanks y'all.

Your first statement is enough to stop every right thinking individual from reading ur epistle.
Until we grow intellectually to think beyond political parties we will continue to wallow in mediocre government.
It irritates me when I hear people say they will Never vote a particular party I.e PDP. More than half of the current APC governors where formally in PDP, quite Number of the big APC guys in the Senate and Rep were formally in PDP. are u saying if PDP bring a credible candidate and APC present a Goat u will go ahead and vote for the goat because it’s APC? Let’s reason beyond political party otherwise we can’t move forward.

11 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by thunderbabs: 10:13am On Feb 22, 2018
Waiting for Mr Lai's defensive statement of lies. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by thunder74(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2018
nairavsdollars:
And to imagine our president is the anti-corruption leader in Africa...mtshew

Hope Lai Mohammed wont say Transparency International is being sponsored by the opposition
Or by IPOB

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by chnovpaul(m): 10:23am On Feb 22, 2018
This is an example of biased reporting.

The index says that Nigeria scored 28/100, one mark better than last year's 27/100.

The fact that the ranking got worse was not because we performed worse, but simply that other countries did better than us, and overtook Nigeria.

While I'm not saying that this is a pass mark or that we should relax, moving from 27 to 28 represents some lil' bit of progress. The point is that people should try to be objective about things...no sentiments attached.
Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Mysselff2: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2018
GloryIsaac:
If they could pull off the Chibok scam to get into power, what do you expect? sad

#PatientlyWaitingFor2019.

Scandinavian countries though wink

Ose wise man
Only mumus believe the chibok kidnap truly happened

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2018
Corruption is crazy under this administration sha. I mean even snakes are not left out.
Pitso Mosimane what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by jchioma: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:
I don't believe this report. What is their yardstick? Let them state funds being stashed abroad as was the case. Or even in Nigeria can they say they have traced funds and assets being diverted by public officials, yes there is still corruption but Government has approached the fight vigorously contraly to the norms in the past.

If the report was in favour of Buhari's administration, you would not be saying this. But it is clear from all indications, that the man failed, even in his strongest campaign promise to fight corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by belzabull(f): 10:40am On Feb 22, 2018
We didn't expect anything less. Buhari is a senseless, useless hopeless cow and depicable, senile dunderhead just like his disgusting zombie followers like the fool on my signature

2 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by oluwaahmed: 10:41am On Feb 22, 2018
Chai the only thing APC would have used for propaganda, flushed down the drain. So officially this administration has no achievement. So bad, really fvcked up

5 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by belzabull(f): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2018
Rainmania:
Corruption is crazy under this administration sha. I mean even snakes are not left out.
Pitso Mosimane what do you think?
Im sure pitso mosimane agrees with you

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by bankylan: 10:44am On Feb 22, 2018
contigiency:

And you are typed this from your one room apartment in a crowded area when you are obviously ignorant of what is going on in this government. An unbiased international body has come out with a report and I wonder what information you have to counter it. If you are relying on the lies being propagated by this govt on the pages of newspaper, then you will be doing yourself a lot of harms.

I don't belong to any party in Nigeria, but as someone close to some of the players in the Nigerian political and economic spaces, I can tell you that the level of corruption in this govt is high. This isn't about APC vs PDP!!!!! Even the Presidency stinks of corruption, and if you are privileged to be close to even some aides of Mr President, they will never deny this fact.

6 Likes

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by nathanccr(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2018
eTECTIVe:
No ooo... Dis is not corruption but kworuption. Zombies and e-diots will tell U What we are seeing is corruption fighting back. D govt is redefining corruption . What is ongoing is a combination of corruption, robbery, thievery, and all sorts of financial crime.
Gbam!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria’ — Transparency International Releases 2017 by Nowenuse: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2018
Shame on Buhari and all his zombies.

The only thing they thought they have achieved now shows statistics against them. ....Kworuption fighter my foot!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abubakar Saleh Michika Was Owed N400m By State He Once Governed / Takeover Of Buhari’s Campaign Office In Katsina Signals Collapse Of APC - PDP / Avengers Warns NUPENG, PENGASSAN, Foreigners To Leave Oil Fields

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.