Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” (16889 Views)

Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Bigjane(f): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Truckpusher:
With the population of Lagos state and the human traffic from other major cities around it and nationwide , Lagos State is long overdue for a subway system.

The Federal Govt. can do it but you hardly see the major stake holders of Lagos State using their political influence to get it done.

That is in order. But people go still many!
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by freakcin: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
This is not Lagos, for one the commercial buses in this pix are painted green as against the yellow and black stripes for Lagos. That's not to say there's no traffic in Lagos!
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Papiikush: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
obo389:

Iyana ipaja ice cream abi which one grin
All join... grin
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Truckpusher(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Bigjane:

That is in order. But people go still many!
I don't get it.
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by temitopepeter: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
exactly
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Lomprico2: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Papiikush:
You think you know what traffic looks like?

Just get stuck in 3rd mainland bridge traffic... That one is even better, what about the traffic at apapa road?

Or worse, the route from lekki to iyana ipaja.
lekki to iyana ipaja? That's like a day journey na, I spent 3 hours from lekki to obalende last week

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Lomprico2: 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
Osinachi1:

Lagos?

1. no single danfo? Hell nah

2. The other lane is free, if na Lagos? People don dey drive for wrong lane

3. 'Straight line' traffic? Not Lagos. Traffic here na Brownian motion

4. Where my Gala, Juice, Pure water, Walnut, Bread, Snake, American visa hawkers?

No mind d op, this picture na abuja traffic.

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by alsudaes1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Driving in Lagos traffic is akin to being in a battlefield.

Lagos traffic is no place for pleasantries.

Lagos traffic bottlenecks makes motorists deliberately avoid making eye contacts with co- motorists. This way, they do not give co-motorists any opportunity to ask them for traffic favours.

Lagos traffic makes you realize that you have some habits that you never knew you had. For instance, hollering a swear word, a curse or some expletives you never realized you knew at an offending co-motorist.

Sanity and patience rare commodities in this battlefield.

In Lagos traffic, it is all man for himself and God for all.

https://autojosh.com/battle-field-called-lagos-traffic-2/

You are absolutely right
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Ahmed3rdjuly: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
This isnt Lagos my friend
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by TOMMYS: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Driving in Lagos traffic is akin to being in a battlefield.

Lagos traffic is no place for pleasantries.

One cannot afford to play the “Mr. or Ms. Nice”. Otherwise – “express go leave you”.

Every other motorist is perceived as an enemy; an enemy that contends with you for any available traffic spaces ahead of you.

Lagos traffic bottlenecks makes motorists deliberately avoid making eye contacts with co- motorists. This way, they do not give co-motorists any opportunity to ask them for traffic favours.

Flashing your pointers to indicate that you intend switching lanes is always an exercise in futility. No one is generous or willing to let go of the space ahead of him or her.

In Lagos traffic, you realize that road signs indicating “One-Way Traffic” is just there to decorate the roads.

Also, in Lagos traffic, you are exempted from obeying traffic rules if you fall into any of the following categories: the police, army, government convoy, empty bullion vehicles, “danfos” with an official of the police, army, Man’O’War, as passenger, etc.

Then, there is the notorious Lagos traffic hawkers. Their business is to interest you in all imaginable commodities. Everything is available for purchase in Lagos traffic. From the essential to the outrightly ridiculous.

Lagos traffic makes you realize that you have some habits that you never knew you had. For instance, hollering a swear word, a curse or some expletives you never realized you knew at an offending co-motorist.

Sanity and patience rare commodities in this battlefield.

In Lagos traffic, it is all man for himself and God for all.

https://autojosh.com/battle-field-called-lagos-traffic-2/

pls this is not Lagos..
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Omooniya1: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
this cant be lagos... queue can't be long like this without a single yellow painted bus.

davodyguy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6734728_lagostraffic_jpeg89513e09f046c6082b8e8044f806c640

Can this be Lagos?
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Akinwerndey: 4:29pm On Feb 22, 2018
davodyguy:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6734728_lagostraffic_jpeg89513e09f046c6082b8e8044f806c640

Can this be Lagos?
those who knows Abuja well will tell you this Nyanya bridge. this is Abuja in pic
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by shevon: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
davodyguy:

Can this be Lagos?
We don't make our gutters like that and the cars are too orderly to be on Lagos road. This is not Lagos traffic biki.

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by thedondada(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
ellalina:
I have just been transferred to Lagos
Please stop scaring me
Already am on my way to sell my car
I know I can’t drive in lagos

My only advice is this try as much as possible to get a place close to your office. If not you are in trouble.

Accommodation is insane in Lagos. Costs are highest in the country.

It's a crazy city.

Also don't sell.your car. Park it. You will drive "small small". You will regret selling your car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Proffeluczy1(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2018
Etihadstore:
To the guy above me, I truly doubt if that's Lagos because of the orderliness of those cars, no sight of danfo, Tata, Brt or even petrol tanker
Mba that's not lagos

that's true, it's not a Lagos traffic
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by herraph: 4:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
davodyguy:

Can this be Lagos?

This is nyanya to AYA traffic in Abuja. Nowadays is better self.
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by sirgalahad26(m): 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
imagine the fustration, when u're heading to cement and u got stuck in traffic at mangoro!grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by salford1: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
Growing up in this jungle was fun.
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by mekonglobal(m): 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2018
Passy089:
one time I had a roadside eatery make indomie and egg for me as lunch... 3hours later I came down went to mama put and ate beans and plantain by 8pm....u know the sweet part?? I was lapping Tosin ,she was sitting on my laps the whole time with her big soft nyash. memories
grin Omo see enjoyment, to the traffic was a blessing in disguise cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
ellalina:
I have just been transferred to Lagos
Please stop scaring me
Already am on my way to sell my car
I know I can’t drive in lagos

A car is a necessity not a luxury in Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by DAntivirus: 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
Papiikush:

lol... It depends on your area though.

Where are you planning to stay? And where is work?

he wants to stay at Ikorodu and work at Ajah

he's a brave fellow

1 Like

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by DAntivirus: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
bjhaid:
lekki to iyana ipaja? That's like a day journey na, I spent 3 hours from lekki to obalende last week

that was on a good day
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by altitudee: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
u sabi
sirgalahad26:
imagine the fustration, when u're heading to cement and u got stuck in traffic at mangoro!grin
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by musa234(m): 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2018
The day I experienced one Lagos traffic like that.. I swore never to reside in Lagos.. It was hell on earth
.lagosians are really trying.. Seriously
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
DAntivirus:

that was on a good day
you know
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Autopartz: 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
You can't avoid having traffic in a densely populated area like Lagos(though the previous and present Lagos State government have made commendable efforts in this direction).

However, managing ourselves in traffic is one of the greatest challenges.

For instance, developing the culture of having patience while in traffic.

Secondly, education of road users on traffic signs/rules by LASTMA/FRSC and effective booking of traffic offenders would help in this direction.
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by stevecantrell: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Treasure17:
Hardly will you drive your automobile in Lagos for a year without getting it scratch . The yellow buses specifically. overpopulation is another factor causing the huge traffic and our rail system is not functioning.

I always look for scratches on large new SUVs when in lekki traffic...and yep - virtually all of them have a side scratch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by henrysolution(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
Traffic without public buses, no one-way users undecided. This is not Lagos
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by Jodesky(m): 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
davodyguy:

Can this be Lagos?

The OP is deluded.

That picture is of Nyanya - Mararaba traffic in Abuja.

Stop misleading Nigerians.
Re: The Battle-Field Called “Lagos Traffic” by kolaish(m): 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
Lomprico2:

Its abuja! See d green buses n cabs.
You are right, Nyanyan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures) / Lagos Closes Costain Bridge, Roundabout, Issues Travel Advisory / Military Truck Rams Into Car Carrying Family Of 7 In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.