Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy (787 Views)

Dapchi Residents Hailing, Shaking Hands With Boko Haram After Dropping The Girls / Dapchi Residents Wave & Hail Boko Haram As They Drop Off Schoolgirls (Video) / Dapchi Residents Stone Governor Gaidem's Cars Over Missing Schoolgirls (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 23, 2018
THE visit of Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Gaidam, to Dapchi was cut short as angry residents of the town pelted his convoy with stones.

Boko Haram members had stormed Government Girls Technical College in Dapchi on Monday, but the schoolgirls were said to have fled into the bushes in the area.
While some of the girls had been returning to the school, 46 were said to be missing.

The crowd, still at a loss over the whereabouts of the missing schoolgirls, showed their disgust to the governor on Thursday.

On sighting him, the crowd who had apparently prepared for him, threw stones at his convoy, injuring some of his aides, as well as government officials.

The security men attached to the governor had to use tear gas to disperse the angry crowd who also destroyed seven vehicles in the convoy.

Many officials in the convoy were seen with bloodstained clothes as they were injured in the attack.

One of the journalists in the convoy, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said a cameraman was also injured.

He said: “We were in fear as the residents continued to throw stones to protest against government’s handling of the girls’ abduction.

“The angry residents ignored the tear gas as they vandalised seven vehicles in our convoy.

“From the little information that we got, they were angry that the Yobe State Government deceived Nigerians that the schoolgirls had been rescued when nobody was rescued.

“Some of them told the governor to present the girls that were rescued.”

It was gathered that the governor had to leave the town in a hurry to forestall any disaster.

Yobe makes a U-turn on rescue

The Yobe State Government on Thursday said men of the Nigerian Army did not rescue any of the missing Dapchi schoolgirls.

The state government had issued a late night statement on Wednesday, announcing that some of the schoolgirls were rescued by “officers and men of the Nigerian Army who are currently executing the war against the Boko Haram insurgents.”

The government in another statement on Thursday, however, said, “We issued the statement on the basis of information provided by one of the security agencies that is involved in the fight against Boko Haram and which we had no reason to doubt.

“We have now established that the information we relied on to make the statement was not credible. The Yobe State Government apologises for that.”

Source : http://punchng.com/missing-schoolgirls-dapchi-residents-stone-yobe-governors-convoy/

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:53am On Feb 23, 2018
grin omenka NgeneUkwenu sarrki madridguy yarimo and co rejoiced when it was chibok now its my turn to celebrate cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by madridguy(m): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2018
Noted.
Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Oluhills007: 7:54am On Feb 23, 2018
I love this people...they showed him power belongs to the people..this failed APC government think they can continue lying to the people......they did not rescue anything yet they lied.... Thunder fire Yobe governor and Bubu

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Omeokachie: 7:55am On Feb 23, 2018
Propaganda has an expiry date.

It ended for APC 2yrs ago.

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by PointZerom: 7:56am On Feb 23, 2018
Nice one, pls extend this to Buhari and Lie Mohammed.

5 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Nenejeje(f): 7:57am On Feb 23, 2018
our leaders don't deserve any atom of respect...they are heartless, selfish and should be stoned wherever they are sighted

rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by FarahAideed: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2018
They are stoning the wrong person , the person that needs the stoning here is no other than Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by KEZDON(m): 8:00am On Feb 23, 2018
I smell revolution if things were to continue this way

indeed, Power belongs to the people

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by agwom(m): 8:05am On Feb 23, 2018
Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Splinz(m): 8:09am On Feb 23, 2018
cheesy cheesy

Very good!

Now, this stoning of Satans should be extended to Liar Mohammed. Perhaps, just perhaps the familiar spirit of lies will be stoned out of him.

And then lastly, Bubu's whole convoy should be set ablaze!

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by madridguy(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2018
We are sane unlike you that rejoice over any bad news.

CROWNWEALTH019:
grin omenka NgeneUkwenu sarrki madridguy yarimo and co rejoiced when it was chibok now its my turn to celebrate cheesy
Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by yesloaded: 8:12am On Feb 23, 2018
God help us o

In other news, let me show you how to start importation business with little money. You will be shown how to import and sell very fast. Call or Whatsapp 0 8 1 3 7 7 5 0 7 4 1
Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by omowolewa: 8:15am On Feb 23, 2018
Security is basic in any community, the government sown to protect sovereign integrity.

Those guyz are just expressing their disappointments

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Desyner: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2018
I blame the northern masses for their plight. The politicians have manipulated them too easily for far too long and will always use them as bargaining chip. Good reaction.

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by heendrix(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2018
Oluhills007:
I love this people...they showed him power belongs to the people..this failed APC government think they can continue lying to the people......they did not rescue anything yet they lied.... Thunder fire Yobe governor and Bubu

the governor himself is boko haram it what every yobe resident knows

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by eTECTIVe(m): 8:27am On Feb 23, 2018
Dey are stupid... Is d governor d one fighting BH and claiming to have defeated dem? I thought it was reported dat d same Yobe residents defied curfew to welcom d rescued gals? If Buhari visits dat same place dey'll lick d floor screaming sai Baba.. Abeg who dey sell popcorn here, I'm enjoying dis show

1 Like

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 23, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:
sai babarians are mentally unstable.

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by wailersarefools: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2018
[s]
PointZerom:
Nice one, pls extend this to Buhari and Lie Mohammed.
[/s]
Shut up.
Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by LZAA: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2018
imhotep:
sai babarians are mentally unstable.
cc lzaa
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by AngryRebel: 9:03am On Feb 23, 2018
grin
Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by AngryRebel: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2018
grin grin grin How i wish i was there,so I can help them stone him to death. They ask us to stone them if they become a nuisance after 4yrs. I have a very big stone,that I have kept specially for Buhari grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dapchi Residents Stone Yobe Governor’s Convoy by anibirelawal(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2018
Fearless people.

CROWNWEALTH019:

Why are you celebrating MEDIOCRITY .

(1) (Reply)

APC Pulls Out Of Rivers LG Polls / . / Predict And Win Airtime :what Will Pmb Say When He Will Meet Us President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.