Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack (36469 Views)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / Shinzo Abe, Japan's PM Resigns For Health Reason / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2018
christ007:
I swear if na you na temple run � we go hear say you do lol grin cheesy
me run
Why
See bro if am a qualify police there is no reason to run
My job is to save life and give my own in exchange when the need occur
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by christ007(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2018
amani63:
me run
Why
See bro if am a qualify police there is no reason to run
My job is to save life and give my own in exchange when the need occur
guy you are just saying this so you will get promoted on Nairaland grin grin and how can you value your job more than you life and family.guy use your head
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Adroit17(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2018
A Brave move after his coward display.......................
Nigeria police will never do this
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Lomprico2: 11:46am On Feb 23, 2018
If he was not carrying an automatic machine gun also then he did no wrong!
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by christ007(m): 11:47am On Feb 23, 2018
Adroit17:
A Brave move after his coward display.......................

Nigeria police will never do this
guy I swear your village people dey comment for your post grin
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Afobear: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2018
You mean to tell me a security guard earns $100000 per year ? Haba ,who get link for that job ,I need am like this !!!!
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Afobear: 11:54am On Feb 23, 2018
ceemill02:
No chance of loosen cause winning is setting & sure,if interested you stake, call or whatsapp
thief ,Na wetin Dy work you ?
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Ayokunlemi96(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2018
I think I watched this man speak on CNN yesterday.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Originalsly: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2018
buffalowings4:
Life is lived but once cool

You don't get to re-spawn after death like in video games. cool

Confronting an insane guy with a semi automatic all alone?

Sorry I will pass. cool

I have kids I want to see get married.

I want grandkids to hold in my hands

I have a wife I'll like to keep warm every night

They say life isn't a bed of roses
But these are moments that make it worthwhile. cool

I die today confronting that loose canon
Before the end of the year there will be another even bigger shooting
So what's the point.

When you know all that...... you don't apply for such jobs..... much less to be the one in charge. They'll find charges to let him serve time.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Reggio: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2018
a undecidedmani63:

So police do hide in that Country

Poor country
are you well at all lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by HeyCorleone(m): 11:59am On Feb 23, 2018
uuzba:

So in your mind, you have accepted that you are inferior to another human being?
Have you ever sat down with yourself?

Because I've decided not to mince words? Smh. And I was particular about the system rather than individuals. That's why blacks in the West are better than those here in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Orpe7(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Make him come die ba.
Oshey baddest grin
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Shaev7(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
free2ryhme:

He was in Uniform. He was Armed. He was taking $100,000 per annum. But was a First Class Coward.

So far on this first page I read comments, only yours is okay. That officer will still face charges whether he resigns or not. He didn't even make a move... No wonder Trump blasted them... All this guys that commented above do they think its our animalistic society, let them go have brains...
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by anyicash(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
E bi like say police na police everywhere o.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Litmus: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
Actually, it only shows the shitty nature of the American fetish (for want of a better term ) that they seek here to defend the cowardly act of their compatriot by engaging in the not so slight-of-hand trick of deriding Nigerian security personnel in order to mask their own shame. Let us highlight the cowardly American by contrasting it with Nigerians: I doubt that a Nigerian charged with defending school children would hide while those children are slaughtered. Numerous Nigerians, security and civilians up north, put their lives on the line (and continue to do so) heading off suicide bombers attempting to breech Universities entrances. When it has suited the narrative of some Niaralanders , they have posted grotesque photos of polices officers mutilated by herdsmen,cultist,kidnapers and miscellaneous deviants up and down the Nation. Those officers, the dead and living, did not run from their duties.

...not least, for our consideration, is that America security personnel have a better health, insurance policy and support system for self and family to fall back on than Nigerian personnel. This makes Nigerians even braver, if you think about it.

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Onyenna(m): 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
congorasta:

he is not stupid, unlike you

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
christ007:
guy you are just saying this so you will get promoted on Nairaland grin grin and how can you value your job more than you life and family.guy use your head
don't make me laugh

Promoted I don't know the do promotion on Nairaland

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by TheAlchemist: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2018
The distress cry of the children should have brought out the man in the security officer... i guess he did not want to die a hero or he probably forgot some of the training he received on how to engage an armed man with AR. I want to believe the officer would have in the past received training on how best to combat some one carrying an Ak 47 or similar, training such as likely position of the shooter, constant rolling on the floor to avoid flying bullets, i am not a security expert, but i believe they would have conducted such drills for such scenarios. The security officer still had a pistol he had a fighting chance to reduce the number of casualties.
If the kids were his own children would he have stayed in hiding?
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by davillian(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2018
He should have tried and not hide.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by godofuck231: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
There's a difference in fire power, u can't set keke napep to race a double axel mark trailer, someone will get wooped so he manoeuvred
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by factwriter(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
buffalowings4:

Now let us say ONE of those KIDS you want to "see get married" is actually in that school at that moment

Whoever attempts to save that your beloved KID must be a fool then. Right?

Be careful dude, life is a boomerang.
Don't say you weren't warned.

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by factwriter(m): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
TheAlchemist:
The distress cry of the children should have brought out the man in the security officer... i guess he did not want to die a hero or he probably forgot some of the training he received on how to engage an armed man with AR. I want to believe the officer would have in the past received training on how best to combat some one carrying an Ak 47 or similar, training such as likely position of the shooter, constant rolling on the floor to avoid flying bullets, i am not a security expert, but i believe they would have conducted such drills for such scenarios. The security officer still had a pistol he had a fighting chance to reduce the number of casualties.
If the kids were his own children would he have stayed in hiding?

Am sure he would have.

Cries of kids all have same psychological/emotional effects on adults, regardless they are biologically yours or not.

I am 99% sure that sentry would have remain hidden even if his own children were at the scene.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by SmartyPants(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
buffalowings4:

Sorry I will pass. cool

So what's the point.

If you cant do the time don't do the crime. Simple.

Why allow the government expend tens of thousands of dollars training you and arming you, then a further tens of thousands of dollars every year paying you a salary if you cannot apply your training in a one on one situation wherein you have the advantage because you know where the shooter is but he can't see you, in the interest of saving the lives of very young children?

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by factwriter(m): 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Shaev7:

So far on this first page I read comments, only yours is okay. That officer will still face charges whether he resigns or not. He didn't even make a move... No wonder Trump blasted them... All this guys that commented above do they think its our animalistic society, let them go have brains...

Even a simple move of throwing intermittent shots at the ASSAULTERS direction (safely from his hiding place) could have created a reasonable distraction, allowing the police to arrive while minimum lives is lost.

He is simple a pussy-with-a-gun!

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Alejoas(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2018
mikezuruki:
The guy shouldn't feel that bad, Nigerian Police do that all the time and get promoted LOL

No Sir!
We are talking about America where 'little things'like integrity matters

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by RealMillennial(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Psalm18:
And dumb trump thinks the solution is to arm teachers

What if a teacher loses his marbles

COME TO THINK OF IT!
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2018
Alejoas:

No Sir!
We are talking about America where 'little things'like integrity matters
I'm talking about Nigeria where one places one's life above anything else. So Yes Ma'am!
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
buffalowings4:

Sorry I will pass. cool

So what's the point.

Don't post nonsense. Are you so bereft of values and standards ?
He was armed and paid to defend the children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malawian Minister Sits On The Floor While Addressing President Peter Mutharika / Massive Fire Outbreak In Ajman Market, UAE / Prince Charles Recovers From Coronavirus And Is Out Of Self-isolation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.