Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack (36638 Views)

Pictures Of The Children Who Were Killed In The Attack By Hezbollah Hours Ago. / Shinzo Abe, Japan's PM Resigns For Health Reason / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by greatermax77(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
[quote author=Aldebaran post=65302600]I believe his uniform was still on while hiding...

But for naija,even a top police officer would remove his top and leave his trousers pretending to be a civilian grin

[/quo
te]

So u want the police officer with no life insurance policy to come & die for u & Nigerians?
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by naturefellow(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
They seem to forget that he had less firepower than the young shooter
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by buffalowings4: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Don't post nonsense. Are you so bereft of values and standards ?
He was armed and paid to defend the children.

Well, we will all be here when another shooting takes place.
No be today.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by buffalowings4: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

IamaNigerianGuy:

Well, we will all be here when another shooting takes place.
No be today.
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Sagay212: 2:07pm On Feb 23, 2018
But wait ooo. Was he supposed to face the bullets
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by ojamilaraje: 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol..The Best Comedy Meme Ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSdNXrWxBwY
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by NairaMaster1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
In Nigeria we call it tactical manoeuvre
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
elgramz:
The guy didn't hide, he was just doing a tactical manoeuvre....... At least that's what I would say if I were him

You could have completed this comment simply by copied grand master "Lie Mohammed"

Lol

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
The Head Security officer was so ashamed of his conduct that he resigned, even after he was suspended (sign of a working system).

The teenagers in that school were able to have access to their Senator representing them (Marco Rubio). Now even though he might pacify them with lies, the point is that they get to interface with him. Their concerns are heard. And if he doesn't do enough, he'll be removed by the next mid-term elections. That's a sign of a working democracy. Where the leaders are constantly on their feet because they know they were elected to serve the people.

I can't even begin to imagine what would've happened if this was in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by stormborn28(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
grin
Aldebaran:
I believe his uniform was still on while hiding...

But for naija,even a top police officer would remove his top and leave his trousers pretending to be a civilian grin

grin
Aldebaran:

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by harmbhrosz(m): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2018
massinola:
Does bullet recognize the chief security officer? My man, go home and rest joor. Life no get duplicate. Grasscutter protected it's life and that's why it became a big one
you're a vivid reason why a country like ours is where we are today.

A full grown man that has only one duty of protecting kids that might even be his grandchildren's age went hiding and you're hailing him.

I'm very certain if your wife and kids are being attacked, you'll also run to go and hide.

I would have called you an animal with your level of reasoning but even an animal will not behave that way

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by dasparrow: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
HeyCorleone:
That is why the white race would always be superior. They have this sense of dignity and shame that is quite alien to this clime.

This is a mere school security officer resigning for failure to perform his duties. That can never happen here. Even a police man can't try it. Resign? His premise would be "I no come this world come die". And it's quite sad. .

So many reasons to be ashamed of this country. Anyone who tells you they are proud is lying or insane.

Please take several seats with your inferiority complex. Coons like you are always looking for way ways to exhalt the white race while disparaging members of your own race. Just say the white race is superior to you. Don't go generalizing.

The police department was going to suspend him anyway possibly with no pay pending outcome of the investigation and eventually they would have fired/sacked him anyway so he quickly resigned. He knew he would be penalized hence his resignation. If the police department had not decided to suspend him, he most likely would not have tendered in his resignation.

Everything must not have to be about skin colour. Laws governing a country has a lot to do with it. Your melanin is not responsible for your character.

Nigeria is crappy not because it's citizens are black but because there is no law and order and the average Nigerian does whatever he or she wants without repercussion.

So take responsibility for your actions because you will never be white or American no matter how much you resent your nationality or race.

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by ACE1010: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
Aldebaran:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by ACE1010: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
dasparrow:

Please take several seats with your inferiority complex. Coons like you are always looking for way ways to exhalt the white race while disparaging members of your own race. Just say the white race is superior to you. Don't go generalizing.

The police department was going to suspend him anyway possibly with no pay pending outcome of the investigation and eventually they would have fired/sacked him anyway so he quickly resigned. He knew he would be penalized hence his resignation. If the police department had not decided to suspend him, he most likely would not have tendered in his resignation.

Everything must not have to be about skin colour. Laws governing a country has a lot to do with it. Your melanin is not responsible for your character.

Nigeria is crappy not because it's citizens are black but because there is no law and order and the average Nigerian does whatever he or she wants without repercussion.

So take responsibility for your actions because you will never be white or American no matter how much you resent your nationality or race.

My people see yabbing...!! My brother dey dex ...
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
yet you collected salary for 54 years
lets see how youu will feed the child and whether your wife will stay without salary
that is fraud and he should pay back all the salary
buffalowings4:
Life is lived but once cool

You don't get to re-spawn after death like in video games. cool

Confronting an insane guy with a semi automatic all alone?

Sorry I will pass. cool

I have kids I want to see get married.

I want grandkids to hold in my hands

I have a wife I'll like to keep warm every night

They say life isn't a bed of roses
But these are moments that make it worthwhile. cool

I die today confronting that loose canon
Before the end of the year there will be another even bigger shooting
So what's the point.

Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by colossus91(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2018
Explorers:
The armed deputy who was on campus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school when a gunman massacred 17 people stood outside the building as it occurred and did not go in to engage the shooter, the Broward County sheriff, Scott Israel, said on Thursday.

The armed security guard did nothing to stop the attack, instead hiding from gunman Nikolas Cruz when he opened fire, killing 17 on February 14.

Scot Peterson, the school's resource officer, did not confront the gunman and instead stood positioned outside the school during the massacre, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Thursday.

The 54-year-old 'never went in,' Israel explained, citing security footage, and adding that he was armed and in uniform when bullets started to fly.

And in an interview with the New York Times, Coral Springs Officer Tim Burton revealed Peterson hid from Cruz when the teenager started shooting.

Deputy Scott Peterson resigned from the department on Thursday after being told he would be suspended, Israel said.

He did not say if Peterson would face criminal charges.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/22/stoneman-douglas-shooting-armed-guard-did-not-go-in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5424549/Schools-armed-officer-never-went-shooting.html
the man don watch Nigerian police video clips die grin
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by Adroit17(m): 10:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
christ007:
guy I swear your village people dey comment for your post grin
Ion understand
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18am On Feb 26, 2018
oyb:
So much for all that good guy with a gun bs. A gun is no use if the guy with it is a coward or untrained or trigger happy.
a coward is not a good guy
he is a bad guy
Re: Florida Shooting, School Security Officer Resigns For Hiding During The Attack by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Psalm18:
And dumb trump thinks the solution is to arm teachers

What if a teacher loses his marbles
then another teacher will take him down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U.S Soldiers Beaten By Mob In Turkey As They Chant "Go Home" (Photos) / Putin Fires General Roman Gavrilov, Who Has Suffered Major Losses In Ukraine / Fox News Cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski Killed In Ukraine By Russian Military Fire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.