Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (18185 Views)

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? / How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? / A True Jesus' Disciple Is Better Than A Righteous Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
johnw74:

Rom_8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

^^^ the body is not physically dead because of sin, but spiritually dead because of sin,
just as adam and eve became spiritually dead the day they sinned.
with those that have Christ in them, the spirit is life

Okay, Satan nko? Is he spiritually dead or alive?
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
johnw74:
who are you trying to fool with the pastor monika
believing satan and not God you are surely lost:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

(2Co 11:13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(2Co 11:14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
(2Co 11:15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
vvv

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Leave out ad hominems
if you have points to make, just go straight ahead to making them
Dont be distracted by any pastor monicker
He could be a pastor of anything or anybody
You havent heard or seen him claim to be a biblical themed or biblical nature pastor or not
so stick to the board and focus on the pieces or your moves and not the player

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 2:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
if you were targeted for assassination for speaking the truth, and you hide out in my place, then the mercenaries arrive and asks if you were with me.
if I say, no isn't it a righteous lie
should I have delivered you up to your enemies?
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
if you were targeted for assassination for speaking the truth, and you hide out in my place, then the mercenaries arrive and asks if you were with me.
if I say, no isn't it a good lie
should I have delivered you up to your enemies?
Please, are you finding it difficult to stick to the terminology used in the thread subject heading?
Righteous lie is what is asked about
and not a whether
"If I say, no, isn't it a good lie" alternate question
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by hopefulLandlord: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Please, are you finding it difficult to stick to the terminology used in the thread subject heading?
and not a whether

Is that a righteous lie or not?

what should a righteous person do in that situation?
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
and not a whether

changed it angry
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Is that a righteous lie or not?

what should a righteous person do in that situation?
You and I know what a righteous person in that situation will do
What about you,
I mean, just as you are, as in for sake of this discussion, have with no righteous halo hanging over your head,
what would you do in that situation?

Gggg102:
changed it angry
Why?
Your "changed it" reason is?
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by hopefulLandlord: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You and I know what a righteous person in that situation will do
What about you,
I mean, just as you are, as in for sake of this discussion, have with no righteous halo hanging over your head,
what would you do in that situation?

Why?
Your "changed it" reason is?

If I do I wouldn't be asking wink
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Why? Your "changed it" reason is?
you wanted me too
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

you wanted me too
MuttleyLaff:

you wanted me too
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
you wanted me too

Gggg102:
you wanted me too

Gggg102:
you wanted me too
Are you alright?
Why repeat post three times

I asked you to stick to the "righteous" terminology used by OP and the question
Nobody asked you or wants you change it with alternate adjectives you take fancy to
Sticking to remit of the question, is the righteous thing to do. Capisce
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Are you alright?

Nobody asked you or wants you change it with alternate adjectives you take fancy to

bad network.

righteous is longer to type than good.

can't risk losing signal
+ extremely low battery
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by Gggg102(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Are you alright?

capisce
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 3:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Gggg102:
capisce
Thank you
and be blessed.
Sorry to hear and know about the challenges you're going through with the network and faltering battery
You may proceed though, if you have anything else to add.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
If I do I wouldn't be asking wink
You dont?
You dont know what you would do in that situation?
What a real shame then if you dont

OK, the question is not anymore about, what would you do in that situation
but now, what you think, should a righteous person do in that situation.
Try and just give guesses, go with your gut reactions

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by hopefulLandlord: 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You dont?
You dont know what you would do in that situation?
What a real shame then if you dont

OK, the question is not anymore about, what would you do in that situation
but now, what you think, should a righteous person do in that situation.
Try and just give guesses, go with your gut reactions

What I'll do? of course I'll lie to the assassins so long I have all the angles covered (don't want them realising I lied and they kill both me and ggg102) but that's because I don't accept that morality is objective and a code handed down by imaginary friends

Many Christians however say morality is objective and unchanging, any lie is a lie and it leads to hell
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by MuttleyLaff: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
What I'll do?
of course I'll lie to the assassins so long I have all the angles covered (don't want them realising I lied and they kill both me and Gggg102)
but that's because I don't accept that morality is objective and a code handed down by imaginary friends
In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did
when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

- James 2:25

Of course, you'll have to give it a careful thought, just as Rahab did considering the circumstances she found herself in
Well you've made a good and proper judgement then if you lie
as if Gggg102 was targeted for assassination for speaking the truth,
and he hid out in your place, then the mercenaries arrive and asks if Gggg102 is with with you.
if you say, no, then you've told a righteous lie

Concerning: "Should you have delivered Gggg102 up to your enemies?"
Definitely, as assassins will do, the mercenaries will kill you next after snuffing life out of Gggg102
so to what end or what purpose will it serve, delivering truth speaking Gggg102 up to your enemies?

hopefulLandlord:
Many Christians however say morality is objective and unchanging, any lie is a lie and it leads to hell
You are not bearing false witness against your neighbour in this circumstance nor was Rahab in hers
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:20am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:
All this long thing and all for only me.

There is an easy way to show all your long words for the nonsense that they are.

if upon all the so called spiritual death that you've manufactured Adam and Eve continued to eat from the tree of life, would they die? Or not?

If they would continue to live, as god said they would in the story, then where does that leave your so called spiritual death?

you are so confused, of course,

post the verses you are referring to,

the nonsense in your head doesn't cut it
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:25am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Try to understand the conversation you're jumping into before you comment.

oh i do, but i'm talking truth which is why you don't comprehend

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:32am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Body is body. Spirit is spirit.

It is stupid to talk of bodies bring spiritually dead. But not physically dead.

Can spirits be physically dead? Or is it only bodies that can be spiritually dead but it doesn't work the other way.

What do you understand by the difference between flesh and spirit?

ha ha, you know nothing of truth

to be spiritually dead is to be fallen from God's grace

oh my
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:43am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

Okay, Satan nko? Is he spiritually dead or alive?

of course he is spiritually dead, as you keep showing you are
some say he was once in God's grace, but fell from God's grace in wanting to be above God
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 12:49am On Mar 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Leave out ad hominems
if you have points to make, just go straight ahead to making them
Dont be distracted by any pastor monicker
He could be a pastor of anything or anybody
You havent heard or seen him claim to be a biblical themed or biblical nature pastor or not

so stick to the board and focus on the pieces or your moves and not the player

pastor:
A pastor is an ordained leader of a Christian congregation
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 4:28am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

you are so confused, of course,

post the verses you are referring to,

the nonsense in your head doesn't cut it

22Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” 23therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden- Genesis 3

In spite of the so call spiritual death that you are talking about (lol) the bible tells us that if they continued to eat from the tree of life they would live forever.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 4:32am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

oh i do, but i'm talking truth which is why you don't comprehend

actually I understand you all too well. I was having a conversation with someone about the translation of a line of hebrew text and you jumped in totally off context saying 'this is the opposite of that' bla bla bla. That is the extent of your... 'truth'.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 4:35am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

ha ha, you know nothing of truth

to be spiritually dead is to be fallen from God's grace

oh my

To be 'spiritually dead' is when you use words and phrases that are meaningless and you just spew it up without thought or intelligence or Nous.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 4:36am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

pastor:
A pastor is an ordained leader of a Christian congregation

You can take it to court.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 5:15am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

22Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—” 23therefore the Lord God sent him out from the garden of Eden- Genesis 3

In spite of the so call spiritual death that you are talking about (lol) the bible tells us that if they continued to eat from the tree of life they would live forever.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.

however adam and eve in disobeying God fell from their right to the tree of life
and were put out of the garden, and an angel was put in place so as they couldn't return

they may have repented - washed their robes at a later time
but that's another subject
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 5:24am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

To be 'spiritually dead' is when you use words and phrases that are meaningless and you just spew it up without thought or intelligence or Nous.

ha ha do you mean like the above
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by johnw74: 5:26am On Mar 05, 2018
PastorAIO:

actually I understand you all too well. I was having a conversation with someone about the translation of a line of hebrew text and you jumped in totally off context saying 'this is the opposite of that' bla bla bla. That is the extent of your... 'truth'.

in other words i put you in your place concerning scripture and you still cannot see it, smile
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by its gates.

however adam and eve in disobeying God fell from their right to the tree of life
and were put out of the garden, and an angel was put in place so as they couldn't return

they may have repented - washed their robes at a later time
but that's another subject

I know you have difficulty following an argument but the flow is as follows: You asked for biblical proof for my statement that in spite of your so called 'spiritual death' If Adam and Eve continued to eat of the Tree of Life they would never have died (according to the bible).

You asked me for verses to prove what I said.

I provided the verses Genesis 3 : 22

washing robes and what not in revelation has no bearing on my point. If you cannot refute that death is a result of not eating from the tree of life then the decent non-hypocrite, non-christian thing to do would be to just shut up.
Re: Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? by PastorAIO: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2018
johnw74:

ha ha do you mean like the above

The above like the bible verses I quoted for you? Your blasphemy is between you and your so called god.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention / Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.