Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu (433 Views)

FFK: It Is Over For Tinubu. He Has Been Retired From Politics / APC Chairman, Oyegun Speaks On Disagreements Over His Tenure Elongation / PDP Plotted Igbo Hate Song - APC Chairman, Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu by exlinklodge: 6:27am On Feb 24, 2018
After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun Declares Support For Bola Tinubu's Reconciliation Assignment

At the back of the recent fallout between the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) John Odigie-Oyegun and APC Kingpin, Bola Tinubu and the subsequent intervention by President Muhammadu Buhari, Oyegun has declared his support to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu and has dropped any thing which may frustrate the later’s reconciliation assignment.

Mr. Tinubu had in a letter to Mr. Oyegun expressed concerns that his “presidential assignment” of reconciling members of the party was being sabotaged by Mr. Odigie-Oyegun. "Instead of being a bulwark of support as promised, you positioned yourself in active opposition to the goal of resuscitating the progressive and democratic nature of APC,” Mr. Tinubu said in the letter copied President Muhammadu Buhari and other leaders of the party.

Mr. Odigie-Oyegun has, however, rejected that assertion, in his response obtained by Premium Times News.

However, rather than address the specific allegations by Mr. Tinubu, the party chairman simply pledged his support for the ex-Lagos governor’s reconciliation efforts.

The letter reads;

“I thank you for your letter dated February 21, 2018, for your prayers and good wishes for my health. I wish you the same and pray that our good God keeps you strong and grants you His peace,” Mr. Odigie-Oyegun wrote in the letter dated February 23.

“Let me once again formally congratulate you on the peacemaking assignment Mr. President has entrusted you with. "It is most challenging but I believe you will ultimately justify the confidence reposed in you by Mr President. In this, you have my fullest support.”

Copies of Mr. Odigie-Oyegun’s letter were sent to Mr. Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Bukola Saraki and Speaker Yakubu Dogara, all of whom Mr. Tinubu also copied in his letter.

Copy of the letter below...

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/02/after-buharis-intervention-apc-chairman.html?m=1

cc mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu by Firefire(m): 6:31am On Feb 24, 2018
Deceitful!

1 Like

Re: After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu by Emekus92(m): 6:34am On Feb 24, 2018
confusion in their midst
Re: After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu by Haggui: 6:36am On Feb 24, 2018
Good for them. As for me, I really don't give a damn about Nigerian politicians. They are all the same. A bunch of scam artistes
Re: After Buhari's Intervention, APC Chairman, Oyegun Declares Support For Tinubu by Mynd44: 6:57am On Feb 24, 2018

(1)

‘snakes’ Swallowing Money Will Kill Nigeria – Atiku / Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Celebrates His Mother For #mothersday / Come, Let’s Reason With Ihedioha By Chibuike Onyeukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.