Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal (990 Views)

Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? / What Exactly Makes Some Men Attracted T And Lust For Chubby/massive/fat Ladies? / Do You See African Girls With Big Stomach A Big Deal For Marriage Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by CastedAyo: 5:55am On Feb 25, 2018
A Nigerian lady on Twitter has taken the social media platform to share her views about the mentality of some Nigerians who always see basic necessities of life as a big deal.

According to her, some Nigerians sees having and using a washing machine as laziness which is not suppose to be so.

Read her tweets other people's own below;

https://www.torimill.com/2018/02/poverty-mentality-has-makes-some-nigerians-see-basic-necessities-of-life-as-a-big-deal.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by GreenArrow1(m): 6:29am On Feb 25, 2018
Hahahaha! This is so true. People even go as low as bragging about paying their OWN bills. Something every normal human being should be able to do.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 25, 2018
undecided
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Splinz(m): 7:15am On Feb 25, 2018
Someone should tell Eniola that a washing machine is not one of the "basic necessity of life".

Her supposed 'rich mentality' has obviously eroded common sense from her.

And if you ask me? I think that is too much a price to pay.
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by donstan18: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2018
Splinz:
Someone should tell Eniola that a washing machine is not one of the "basic necessity of life".

Truth be told, she made a point......I just don't know if I should call that "Poverty mentality" or "Envy"....let's just be truthful.

Some fellows sees necessities like washing machine, blender, generator, microwave, car as waste of money, especially those who can't afford it...Even common shaving cream!, you'll see someone saying it's a waste of money to buy it, when you can just shave like that cheesy....the poverty mentally is just much.

I can only call such thing a waste to someone who doesn't have enough but wants to belong by saving to buy them and remain in hunger......Just like some men who bought cars but can't fuel it cheesy cheesy dem just wan be car owner, wen hunger still de wire dem cheesy

My point is, if you have the money, don't be stingy to your life, don't suffer your life, make yourself comfortable and life easy for you by getting some of these necessities.

But, if you don't have enough, keep managing your life in peace till you hit your aiming target, than slamming the richer.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by thesicilian: 7:25am On Feb 25, 2018
Splinz:

Then I guess you would also regard a car, television, microwave, gas/electric cooker and even a pressing iron as luxury?
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 25, 2018
The lady has a point but I have issues with whoever opened this thread. Does he have French as his first language that he can't write a simple sentence for a headline
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Splinz(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2018
thesicilian:

Then I guess you would also regard a car, television, microwave, gas/electric cooker and even a pressing iron as luxury?

Your guess is yours. You're the one saying...
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Epositive(m): 7:43am On Feb 25, 2018
GreenArrow1:
Hahahaha! This is so true. People even go as low as bragging about paying their OWN bills. Something every normal human being should be able to do.

Some guys be like ; "omo forget o, as i dey here, na me dey feed my self"

Me : before nko? na me suppose feed you? grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Demogorgon(m): 7:44am On Feb 25, 2018
True
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by GreenArrow1(m): 7:49am On Feb 25, 2018
Epositive:

Some guys be like ; "omo forget o, as i dey here, na me dey feed my self"

Me : before nko? na me suppose feed you? grin grin grin grin

Lol!
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Splinz(m): 8:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Her point is at best, an undefined one.

You see, there're 'necessities' and a 'necessity'. Here, I'd simply look at the former as human wants while the latter is our needs. Applying the basic knowledge of "wants" & "needs" in economics will further help in clarifying my own point.

What do you think of this picture:

A. Washing machine is a Need;

B. Washing machine is a Want?

cc: donstan18

1 Like

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by donstan18: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2018
Splinz:
Her point is at best, an undefined one.

You see, there're 'necessities' and a 'necessity'. Here, I'd simply look at the former as human wants while the latter is our needs. Applying the basic knowledge of "wants" & "needs" in economics will further help in clarifying my own point.

What do you think of this picture:

A. Washing machine is a Need;

B. Washing machine is a Want?

cc: donstan18

Lol.

Washing machine isn't a need, because one can live and survive without it, it's a want, because I see it as necessity people will love and desire to have if they have the money.

You initially typed of that of such gadgets not being necessary, hence prompting me to tell you that the lady made a point.

Further more on your "want" and "need" clarification, i don't think poor fellows will have anything to bother about "Wants", it's meant for rich people. So my point once again goes that nobody should note or see these things as waste.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by Kobicove(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2018
There is some truth in what she said
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by MhizAJ(f): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
Well said
Re: Poverty Mentality Has Makes Some Nigerians See Basic Necessities As A Big Deal by CAPSLOCKED: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2018

NIGERIANS, CAN SOMETIMES BE LIKE ACOLYTES TO STUPIDITY, ENVY, AND IGNORANCE.

THE WASHING MACHINE AND DISH WASHER WERE INVENTED TO EASE THE STRESS OF WASHING, AND SAVE TIME.
THE ELECTRIC FANS AND AIR CONDITIONERS ENABLES US TO ENJOY OURSELVES WHEN THE WEATHER IS TOO HOT.
MOBILE PHONES HAS REPLACED GOING TO THE POST OFFICE TO SEND MESSAGES FROM NIGERIA TO UK, OR FROM LAGOS TO SOKOTO.
THE ELECTRIC / GAS COOKERS EASE THE PAIN OF COOKING WITH WOOD AND LEAVES.
CARS EASE THE STREES OF WALKING FROM BENIN TO YOBE STATE.

NIGERIANS HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE LAST FOUR, BUT THE FIRST. THE REASON IS IN THE FIRST LINE OF THIS COMMENT.

(1) (Reply)

I Found This So Funny, Is It True? / Brothers Get In Here / Betrayal, I'm Gonna Drink And Cry To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.