Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off (93022 Views)

The Cost Of Tinting Your Car: How Much Does It Cost And How To Not Get Ripped Of / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / This 6 Levels Of Autonomous Driving Explains How Cars Are Taking Over From Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hayastark: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
Laralag:

Please keep us posted

Sure I will,

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by sooperrescue(m): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
Car dealers or car owners. Who uses the cars?
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hayastark: 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
sooperrescue:
The matter is being resolved hopefully and una try for the matter if not i nor go for read am. Lets all work towards making naija used cars to be reliable. I was told that Toyota recommends 20w50 api sl oil for new toyotas. We can see where the problem lies. And these same Toyotas are to use premium unleaded fuel in Nigeria. Oil and fuel wahala in a toyota is trouble. Sludge and carbon everywhere....

The matter is not being resolved o, for where! I never hear anything from them

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hayastark:

The matter is not being resolved o, for where! I never hear anything from them

All these guys are just pan handling for Car45 pittance.

Only a lawyer will get you satisfaction. If you care.

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hayastark: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
collinsfhk:
My take here is that this guy's are fraudulent. Especially in the issue of the Car's report and the response you got when you went to resell to the same pple.

I suggest you get a good lawyer and sue them in collaboration with the second buyer.

I have been thinking about it o.
I which I could

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Non sequitir.

Who used the car is not the concern.

Who offered the car for sale, fraudulently I might add, is of concern.

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hayastark: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
sooperrescue:
We have contacted cars45 and they will respond to all inquiries on our radio program 103.5 fm radio 1 this afternoon on autowatch on radio by 3.06 pm. Join us and air your displeasure to them

I couldn't listen to your program.
What did they have to say for themselves

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by jaz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
If the op understand basic laws of contract he would know this is a matter where he can profit from by geting a good lawyer and taking it to court.
Also for those who think tokunbo cars must cost both arms and legs should visit craigslist. I bought my car directly using the platform. Saw a ride with specs i wanted as well as VIN. Did an independent check of the VIN, called the seller from Lagos here, bargained the price then asked a friend in the USA who knows cars and is trusted to go and do an assessmrnt then paid. Car got shipped down way back jan 2013 and I'm still cruising it around 5 years later and mind you it's not even a toyota. I rebuke Nigerian used cars in my life not cos of any bias but cos an average Nigerian car dealer is dishonest and just wants to rip you off. Except you know the seller and the history of the car

13 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Cosplay: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Copyright infringement noted. cheesy grin
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Cosplay: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
jaz:
If the op understand basic laws of contract he would know this is a matter where he can profit from by geting a good lawyer and taking it to court.
Also for those who think tokunbo cars must cost both arms and legs should visit craigslist. I bought my car directly using the platform. Saw a ride with specs i wanted as well as VIN. Did an independent check of the VIN, called the seller from Lagos here, bargained the price then asked a friend in the USA who knows cars and is trusted to go and do an assessmrnt then paid. Car got shipped down way back jan 2013 and I'm still cruising it around 5 years later and mind you it's not even a toyota. I rebuke Nigerian used cars in my life not cos of any bias but cos an average Nigerian car dealer is dishonest and just wants to rip you off. Except you know the seller and the history of the car

Bro, Craigslist can be a major den sometimes. It’s actually quite easy to get burned.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by jaz(m): 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
I know. Thats why I asked a trusted anf knowledgable friend to check it out physically and wouldn't pay till I got his feedback.
Cosplay:

Bro, Craigslist can be a major den sometimes. It’s actually quite easy to get burned.

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by sooperrescue(m): 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
Cosplay:

He said five years ago and he is still enjoying the car. My question is what special care are you putting on that car because one day, that car will be naija used.[

quote author=Hayastark post=65649310]

What did they have to say for themselves[/quote]

We later agreed for another time because the tension was high and it was not ideal as at the moment. Hopefully next week they will talk about their services and how to avoid this type of issue. But they actually have a good concept and we should advice them to improve their acts.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
jaz:
I know. Thats why I asked a trusted anf knowledgable friend to check it out physically and wouldn't pay till I got his feedback.

Good idea. And for those that don’t have friends here I offer that service and get the car transported to the docks to be shipped in a container.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Hayastark: 12:45am On Mar 08, 2018
sooperrescue:

He said five years ago and he is still enjoying the car. My question is what special care are you putting on that car because one day, that car will be naija used.[

quote author=Hayastark post=65649310]

What did they have to say for themselves

We later agreed for another time because the tension was high and it was not ideal as at the moment. Hopefully next week they will talk about their services and how to avoid this type of issue. But they actually have a good concept and we should advice them to improve their acts.

Them never see tension if they continue to operate like this, litigation will soon finish them

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:03am On Mar 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

He actually has a slam dunk case.

I wouldn’t even need a lawyer here but in Nigeria he might.

As for me, I’ll just wrap the car with advert asking people not to buy from them. I’ll make sure to drive around their offices and park nearby.

lolz, but he has returned the car naw
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 08, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz, but he has returned the car naw

In a normal country, that does not matter. So if a woman asks a rapist to use a condom, is she then culpable to the crime?

They returned the car under emotional and psychological duress.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Keballl: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2018
helpishere:

[s]Paid? By whom? Judge not bros and read well without sentiments. It is a naija used car and it was taken out from the yard without overheating. Imagine what kazeems rewires do by permanently making the fan to work. Most times they attach the wire to the battery and in changing the battery, the op forgot to put back the wire. You know what will happen. If the issue arose as they were driving home from the cars45 depot, I will join in the shout but after 6 days, haba. Let the Op tell us if the car was overheating when it was presented for uber? He joined nairaland on the 18 of february 2018 just to tell us how he bought a naija used Toyota corolla rightie that overheated after 6 days and then issues began. Who did he take the car to when the issues came up? Timi or gazzuzz or deportivo or kingreign in Abuja or even Mayor2013? A roadside rewire that complicated issues. I wish cars45 will notice me and send me that range rover sport that i once saw there. It will make sense[/s].

You are a fraudster. Get out of here.

9 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Harbewilliams(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
We handle all details of the business, from driver recruitment, driver management, car on boarding, car maintenance...
All you have to do is receive your payment weekly. We do the worrying for you!!!

Call us today for more details on our services, your investment is our priority

Contact us today
FLEETDRIVE LIMITED
07016682929(call or whatsapp)
fleetdrive2016@gmail.com
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Heimdall: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ipfreely:
As much as i don't wish to blame the victim, I do have to say that you don't seem particularly auto savvy, to have paid that much for a Nigerian used vehicle, without due diligence. These guys played in your enthusiasm and your less than average auto knowledge.

The second they said you couldn't test drive, you should have just called it quits. There were SO many red flags in this entire sordid experience.

The vehicle was driving position converted? And had all these other issues?

So are you saying the company did well by taking advantage of the fact that he isnt "auto savvy". That is the major problem here.

We lack integrity! An average Nigerian that doesnt know much about cars cannot walk into a dealership and trust that he will get what he truly paid for. The OP got ripped off and frankly I think he should sue them. He has their report, he should get a lawyer, have them authenticate the document and get them to audit their record and make them pay. What nonsense!

erico2k2:

very correct, I remember back in the days as a teenager went to Alaba Int mkt to buy a CD player ahah, The seller tried the set and it wont work, he now told me *lets go to the repairer he will fix it and U can pay* we went, its like Mendi(JAS), it was 20 mins later my brain picked and Im like Hold on a minute, why buy a fixed stereo when I can go nxt shop, nah so I remove sharp sharp

This goes to show that the lack of integrity has been in us from the ages past. If the small shops in Alaba market are trying to play a fast one on people, should company like Cars45 also do that?? A company that should be trying to build a global brand.

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Heimdall: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
timifakay:

Argh! They must have given him the 2011 year of manufacture report they gave to you.
Did you actually sell the car for 650k?
Tell him to slip several notes into the car, undersea, fuse box, sunguard and the likes... Then sell back to cars45 so next buyer too can have an heads up if lucky to check any of those places while inspecting.

Thats not enough oh!

They sold the car for 1.6, bought it back for 650k, sold it again for 1.4. Imagine they buy it back for 500k; that means they made (correct me if I'm wrong) 1.85 on that one car within say 1 month +

That's the height of fraud! Haba!

@hayastark abeg reach out to the other buyer and hear his story, then you two should take them to court!

7 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Ipfreely: 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
Heimdall:

So are you saying the company did well by taking advantage of the fact that he isnt "auto savvy". That is the major problem here.

We lack integrity! An average Nigerian that doesnt know much about cars cannot walk into a dealership and trust that he will get what he truly paid for. The OP got ripped off and frankly I think he should sue them. He has their report, he should get a lawyer, have them authenticate the document and get them to audit their record and make them pay. What nonsense!

This goes to show that the lack of integrity has been in us from the ages past. If the small shops in Alaba market are trying to play a fast one on people, should company like Cars45 also do that?? A company that should be trying to build a global brand.

Quit your selective interpretation and read ALL my messages to understand my take. Don't read just one part of a collective and respond to it. That would be taking things totally out of context.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by erico2k2(m): 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Heimdall:

Doing biz in 9ja involves dinning with the devil and using a very long spoon
But I think you took ur 1st responce frm a message you quoted out of context

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by collinsfhk(m): 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hayastark:

I have been thinking about it o.
I which I could

You just have to, at least it will save others. It could mean business to the lawyer.

You as well can go to any of the organizations that offer free legal aid

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by sooperrescue(m): 2:47am On Mar 09, 2018
As you can read from their rep, they don't sell cars and they are taking necessary measures to sanction the said culprit whom she has not even revealed. And moreover the new buyer has not come out to give account of the wahala he is facing. The said car is no longer with her and so let her go through the mechanism with Cars45 to bring out the dealer and make the dealer pay. Do you think free lawyer can win cases like this inside this hot weather?

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 09, 2018
@Hayastark

Care to give us a status update? Have you been contacted by Car45? I'll bet you haven't been contacted.

2 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Heimdall: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ipfreely:

Quit your selective interpretation and read ALL my messages to understand my take. Don't read just one part of a collective and respond to it. That would be taking things totally out of context.

No need to feel attacked oh. There's no selective interpretation anywhere. Your post seemed to be pointing at (almost justifying) the reason the company did what they did. The buyer wasn't car savvy, they played on his enthusiasm and less than average car knowledge (tell me if i missed any other thing in you post oh).

Yes, the buyer perhaps didn't know much about cars and he was eager to get a good deal, doesn't give them the right to take advantage of him. That's where integrity comes in.

They should give quality service to all their customers regardless of their knowledge on cars, rather than take advantage of less informed people.

Any company or organisation should be trustworthy so your clients are sure they are truly getting what they are paying for.

I hope you get my point.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Heimdall: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
erico2k2:

Doing biz in 9ja involves dinning with the devil and using a very long spoon
But I think you took ur 1st responce frm a message you quoted out of context

I know how difficult it is to do business in Nigeria but this is the mentality we need to correct.

It's like you dont get my own point. They should stop these guys! It is cruel and unfair for them to keep doing that! If no one calls them to order, they'll keep defrauding people and they'll get away with it.

This is the reason why good people become bad in Nigeria and bad people remain bad (or become worse sef). They see that they can do something this terrible and go unquestioned. That's why Nigeria is where it is today.

4 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by erico2k2(m): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
Heimdall:

I know how difficult it is to do business in Nigeria but this is the mentality we need to correct.

It's like you dont get my own point. They should stop these guys! It is cruel and unfair for them to keep doing that! If no one calls them to order, they'll keep defrauding people and they'll get away with it.

This is the reason why good people become bad in Nigeria and bad people remain bad (or become worse sef). They see that they can do something this terrible and go unquestioned. That's why Nigeria is where it is today.
I agree . But we would get there and to this end we are all trying to enlighten the vast majority of people in 9ja who are not in the know.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Heimdall: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
erico2k2:

I agree . But we would get there and to this end we are all trying to enlighten the vast majority of people in 9ja who are not in the know.

Thank you. That's why I was saying rather than blame the buyer for not having enough knowledge about cars, we should query the company for fraud.
The company's report stated that the car was in top condition (that on it own sef is misinformation). There are too many reasons why they should be taken to court.

I hope we all play our part to take Nigeria forward.

Cheers bro

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Ipfreely: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
Heimdall:

No need to feel attacked oh. There's no selective interpretation anywhere. Your post seemed to be pointing at (almost justifying) the reason the company did what they did. The buyer wasn't car savvy, they played on his enthusiasm and less than average car knowledge (tell me if i missed any other thing in you post oh).

Yes, the buyer perhaps didn't know much about cars and he was eager to get a good deal, doesn't give them the right to take advantage of him. That's where integrity comes in.

They should give quality service to all their customers regardless of their knowledge on cars, rather than take advantage of less informed people.

Any company or organisation should be trustworthy so your clients are sure they are truly getting what they are paying for.

I hope you get my point.

Cheers
I don't 'feel attacked'. If I did my response wouldn't be so calm. I made several posts about this matter on this thread, all of which constitute my take on the matter. Your mistake was reading one post and jumping to erroneous conclusions. Try to avoid that. And yes, their naivety played a part in this matter. Read my posts if you're actually interested in my take on the matter.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by sooperrescue(m): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
Una still dey this matter? The bottom line is what do we do to make naija used cars reliable. Toyota 2010 Us specs recommends 0w20 engine oil api sn while the naija used bought here tells them to use 20w50 api sl. And we are not making people understand the consequence of using mineral oils on newer cars under the guise of hot weather. The usage of the oil for prolonged period now destroys the engine and so the next buyer will find it difficult to maintain the car and so it becomes an issue to everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

What Does Tpms Mean In Honda Accord? / Gold Customized Mercedes Benz In Kaduna - Photos / First Driverless Car In Nigeria In Lagos Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.