Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off (93020 Views)

The Cost Of Tinting Your Car: How Much Does It Cost And How To Not Get Ripped Of / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / This 6 Levels Of Autonomous Driving Explains How Cars Are Taking Over From Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
Autojosh you stink like a hired hand. What is your business with whether the OP is interested in recompense or not? The most important thing has been done.. awareness. Now let the OP decide what next to do. Nobody appointed you an advocate.

8 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Namzy(m): 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
angels09:
Autojosh you stink like a hired hand. What is your business with whether the OP is interested in recompense or not? The most important thing has been done.. awareness. Now let the OP decide what next to do. Nobody appointed you an advocate.
??
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by diportivo: 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
that autojosh talk too long na

but truly,cars45 don't sell the cars directly to buyers

it's boldly written at their inspection points

u can't even inspect cars if u ain't accompanied by a dealer.....except someone in their office authorises u...even after inspecting,u can only buy via d dealer

I will repeat again

cars45 is an open book

if u do due diligence,u might end up not buying the contraptions they are piling up as used cars

I've been there grin

4 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
Autojosh has done a commendable job. This is pure investigative journalism. Kudos.

The OP has failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she was scammed.

The OP:
*called a car dealer on OLX
*visited Cars45 at the behest of the car dealer.
*picked a car she liked and paid to the car dealer
*drove the car out without issues only to complain of overheating after a few days.

My simple question. Apart from the fact that the car was in Cars45 yard, if the OP had seen the car on olx and met the seller in a supermarket car park, would she have accused the supermarket of fraud?

PS: I am a registered dealer on cars45 and I can assure you of the following:
*they are the only medium that gives a free and independent car status report in Nigeria as at today
*the summary of the report is printed and taped to every windshield in their lots
*the report is also printed and included in the documents you receive
*you are allowed to bring your mechanic

My advice to car buyers; read the report pasted on the windshield, in case you are not understanding what is written, get someone who can read to help you out. Bring your mechanic and get his opinion.

You are buying a Nigerian used car....get it fully serviced after purchase. Check all the systems and components.

PS: by service, I didn't mean draining the oil and adding a filter alone....check all components

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by jmaine: 1:02am On Mar 14, 2018
Denn:
Autojosh has done a commendable job. This is pure investigative journalism. Kudos.

The OP:
*drove the car out without issues only to complain of overheating after a few days.

My simple question. Apart from the fact that the car was in Cars45 yard, if the OP had seen the car on olx and met the seller in a supermarket car park, would she have accused the supermarket of fraud?

*they are the only medium that gives a free and independent car status report in Nigeria as at today
*the summary of the report is printed and taped to every windshield in their lots

My advice to car buyers; read the report pasted on the windshield, in case you are not understanding what is written, get someone who can read to help you out. Bring your mechanic and get his opinion.

You are buying a Nigerian used car....get it fully serviced after purchase. Check all the systems and components.

PS: by service, I didn't mean draining the oil and adding a filter alone....check all components

You are the same shill called Autojosh. Get out of here you paid hack.

14 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 14, 2018
Even though there have been lows on here, but this one takes the cake and I am shocked to the bone about the actors.

Ko si eniyan mo ni Nigeria.

Aiye le, eniyan shoro.

I've on my own accord, mistakenly and significantly over-estimated certain usernames.

13 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 3:44am On Mar 14, 2018
Denn:

The OP:

You have no credibility to put your mouth here. Tell your boss who trained you that I said so!

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Even though there have been lows on here, but this one takes the cake and I am shocked to the bone about the actors.

Aiye le, eniyan shoro.

I've on my own significantly over-estimated certain usernames.
LOL you did because you don't know some of them off nairaland. The "thugs" on nairaland are often the responsible ones in real life.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 3:49am On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Aiye le, eniyan shoro.

LOL you did because you don't know some of them off nairaland. The "thugs" on nairaland are often the responsible ones in real life. Some of these usernames are just cabal members. They have WhatsApp groups where they plot all sorts of nonsense. They're shameless, rogues, thieves, kidnappers, rappists, name it they got it. Hence the desperation to be a seemingly "respectable" member of this forum.

6 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:32am On Mar 14, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Aiye le, eniyan shoro.

the boss, my take is this..... cars45 is not totally clean in this issue for many reasons including the fact that those cars were bought under their name in their show warehouse and it's the brand that probably brought the customer so they are very very much liable and culpable. denn that said Smth about supermarket car park..... I disagree with that example cos the car park did not in any way facilitate the sale, that business was between two independent parties that used their lot as a common ground and the supermarket did not gain any commission whatsoever from the sale.

my point however also includes the fact that cars45 made a smart move by putting disclaimers here and there that makes them look like a passive neutral ground for buyers and sellers to come and trade. u bring ur mechanic to inspect well before purchase.

I'm not saying they are innocent but that someone on their team is very very smart for adding those blockades and if beans turn moimoi the case is most likely to be ruled in their favour!

however, if they cannot be responsible for monitoring and actively engaging in sales then they should be avoided completely cos it is fraudulent to buy scrap and sell the same scrap to dealers and facilitate the sale only for u to tell the buyer afterwards that, u only buy cars and u don't sell! the dealers sell for u indirectly so as an entity u have a direct obligation to monitor the sale of these cars because it is ur name that made the sale and not the dealer. it is outright fraud to claim ignorance of the sale!
any misrepresentation will be directly tagged to ur image as a corporate entity.

a drug dealer that shoprite allows to sell his product in their mall cannot sell fake drugs and then shoprite will claim its not our goof oh, its a drug dealer or pharmacist ...., please liaise with him! no no no its not done!

10 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:39am On Mar 14, 2018
angels09:

LOL you did because you don't know some of them off nairaland. The "thugs" on nairaland are often the responsible ones in real life. Some of these usernames are just cabal members. They have WhatsApp groups where they plot all sorts of nonsense. They're shameless, rogues, thieves, kidnappers, rappists, name it they got it. Hence the desperation to be a seemingly "respectable" member of this forum.

I strongly disagree, the thugs on nairaland are not the responsible ones; that cannot be a basis for judgement or assumption.

so those overly quiet and analytical guys like egumogaji and shagati are real life T...? nah I strongly doubt that theory. just that as a cube has so many sides, people have different methodologies and philosophies about life! some see it as a means to deceive people and make money other make the money at all cost while some people see it as a means to work hard and earn every single pay!

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I strongly disagree, the thugs on nairaland are not the responsible ones; that cannot be a basis for judgement or assumption.

so those overly quiet and analytical guys like egumogaji and shagati are real life T...? nah I strongly doubt that theory. just that as a cube has so many sides, people have different methodologies and philosophies about life! some see it as a means to deceive people and make money other make the money at all cost while some people see it as a means to work hard and earn every single pay!
Obekediamondfuto you need to distinguish between "thugs" and thugs. Quit taking my posts simply literally. It's not at all times that I write for the majority of nairalanders. Sometimes I only write for those willing to engage their brains.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:59am On Mar 14, 2018
angels09:

Obekediamondfuto you need to distinguish between "thugs" and thugs. Quit taking my posts simply literally. It's not at all times that I write for the majority of nairalanders. Sometimes I only write for those willing to engage their brains.

as per online thug wey u be naw? guy keep qwayet!
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

as per online thug wey u be naw? guy keep qwayet!
Hmmm don't derail this thread. Obviously my post wasn't meant for you. It can only be comprehended by the intended recipients who are able to engage their brains. Not some random village kid.

Why do I even bother... quality of writing says it all.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:14am On Mar 14, 2018
angels09:

Hmmm don't derail this thread. Obviously my post wasn't meant for you. It can only be comprehended by the intended recipients who are able to engage their brains. Not some random village kid.

Why do I even bother... quality of writing says it all.

hmmm urban kiddo,
I quite agree with u tho, just curious.... in ur post that says people that are desperately striving to attain a "respected" status on nl are most times kidnappers, thieves, robbers and rapists.... which of these categories do u belong to?

u r not organized to be a kidnapper
u r not brave and strong hearted to be a robber
u r not sexually active to be a rapist

cos in the last quarter ur efforts have been tremendous!

the only category u fit in is petty sturvs the....., I didn't imply anything oh, just analysing ur analogy

so I totally agree with u bro. most times its not a physical condition but a mental one so I understand u perfectly.

so sorry I didn't see u as a "speshul kid"
so sorry bro

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:15am On Mar 14, 2018
angels09:

You have no credibility to put your mouth here. Tell your boss who trained you that I said so!

Anyone against your own point of view immediately has no credibility. How apt

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:17am On Mar 14, 2018
jmaine:

You are the same shill called Autojosh. Get out of here you paid hack.

Your assumption is false.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by diportivo: 7:28am On Mar 14, 2018
bro,you go too fall my hand if u allow urself to be dragged into gutter spat with that guy

ignore the attention seeker

obekediamondfuto:

hmmm urban kiddo,

urban

he lives close to dancok and that side isn't urban one bit

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

the boss, my take is this..... cars45 is not totally clean in this issue for many reasons including the fact that those cars were bought under their name in their show warehouse and it's the brand that probably brought the customer so they are very very much liable and culpable. denn that said Smth about supermarket car park..... I disagree about that example cos the car park did not in any way facilitate the sale, that business was between two independent parties that used their lot as a common ground and the supermarket did not gain any commission whatsoever from the sale.

my point however also includes the fact that cars45 made a smart move by putting disclaimers here and there that makes them look like a passive neutral ground for buyers and sellers to come and trade. u bring ur mechanic to inspect well before purchase.

I'm not saying they are innocent but that someone on their team is very very smart for adding those blockades and if beans turn moimoi the case is most likely to be ruled in their favour!

however, if they cannot be responsible for monitoring and actively engaging in sales then they should be avoided completely cos it is fraudulent to buy scrap and sell the same scrap to dealers and facilitate the sale only for u to tell the buyer afterwards that, u only buy cars and u don't sell! the dealers sell for u indirectly so as an entity u have a direct obligation to monitor the sales of these cars because it is ur name that made the sale and not the dealer. it is outright fraud to claim ignorance of the sale!
any misrepresentation will be directly tagged to ur image as a corporate entity.

a drug dealer that shoprite allows to sell his product in their mall cannot sell fake drugs and then shoprite will claim its not our goof oh, its a drug dealer or pharmacist ...., please liaise with him! no no no its not done!

Good points you raised.

Cars45 remains the only car purchase medium in this country that conducts a comprehensive inspection report on cars and buys the cars based on the results of the tests.

Let's take transmission issues for example. Every issue noticed with the transmission would be recorded on the report. Jerks, delays, leakages etc would be noted.

There is a two level check whereby the vehicle is again inspected via a quality control process to ensure that all the negatives are noted in the report.

Now if after going through all these, a buyer sees a very clean looking vehicle with report reading *delay in gear engagement, fluid leaks around transmission sump* yet buys the car, it is logical to expect that the buyer is ready to fix all the transmission issues noticed.

The company is not perfect but they receive feedbacks and are always dynamic, adjusting to realities in Nigeria.

PS: to those who think that since they have gotten the 'rare' chance of working for a few years out of this country, they have the right to ridicule everything that happens here, can I remind them that this exact business model exists in the 'abroad' they so much have put on their head like dreadlocks. A lot of cars on our roads are products of auction processes in the USA and I can even say their vehicle inspection processes does not beat the one cars45 offer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:41am On Mar 14, 2018
This is a screenshot of the comments section of a random car available for sale via cars45.

I will leave unbiased readers to determine if the report is fair enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2018
They even show the fuel level on some cars (this started during the fuel scarcity period some months ago)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2018
And more sections of the same report for the same car...

1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2018
Now my simple question? What else do we think can be done to improve the process?

Someone suggested that a desktop computer should be available at the lot so that final buyers can Independently verify the reports and see the comprehensive details if they so require. This is a good suggestion and I would also inform my dealer manager to pass this on to management.

As I said earlier, I am a car dealer on cars45. I have sold dozens of vehicles through them and I use my knowledge of automobiles to advise my clients on the best deals.

I am not a staff or owner of cars45.

If you want to buy a good Nigerian used vehicle at an affordable price, cars45 is a good choice.

I would be going to the car yard at alausa today to pick another car. If you would like to have a tour or you are Interested in buying a used car with free consultation from me, we can meet there at noon today. WhatsApp on 080-555-86-999

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by fishing: 9:48am On Mar 14, 2018
OP thanks for bringing this to our notice.
It’s a lesson to other prospective car buyers as vehicle purchase in Nigeria is no longer a child’s play and due diligence must be observed.

Autojosh has carried out investigative journalism though it appears to everyone you were paid for this. I have my reservations about this on how Cars45 a corporate organization could disclose to you a third party certain details concerning this deal.

Now was OP at any point provided with detailed report of mechanical issues car had at point of purchase as similar to what Denn provided above. If this wasn’t presented then this is termed mis-selling and the dealer must be held liable for this.

The driver also needs to be questioned because some drivers handle overheating situations poorly and also involving a bad mechanic will lead to sudden death of the engine.

3 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2018
diportivo:
bro,you go too fall my hand if u allow urself to be dragged into gutter spat with that guy

ignore the attention seeker

urban

he lives close to dancok and that side isn't urban one bit

grin grin grin
Like I have always said... you live in my shadows. Don't worry boy one day you'd grow up and measure up too. Till then stick to your cloak and dagger game.

1 Like

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2018
“Fantastically corrupt”, that was how Nigeria was described. Apt, in this case.

Nigeria is a good country. It’s some of her citizens that eek out a ratlike living under dubious condition that are ruining the place and giving her a bad name.

Hunger has caused some to become morally delinquent.

#Shame

4 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by pannyman(m): 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ipfreely:

Cement costs 1900 on average for a bag of portland in Nigeria. This vehicle cost upwards of one and a half million naira. Those two items have very different levels of due diligence involved .

You don't need to know everything about everything. Simply find someone who you can rely on and who's familiar with the merchandise.

Exactly. I am surprised that an inexperienced person would go to buy a used car without a knowledgeable person in tow. When I was selling my old car, the buyer on the first day drove the car around, and the next day when he came to pay he came with his mechanic. No story.
Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Gravatar: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
No way, this cant be Denn issalie Unscrupulous element taken over that username.

#freeDenn

5 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Denn(m): 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2018
Gravatar:
No way, this can’t be Denn. Unscrupulous elements musta taken over that username.

#freeDenn

Just because I didn't follow the bandwagon at blaming the company whilst supporting the op who has refused to give facts apart from sensationalising issues, I am now a bad person?

I tend to stay with the truth.

Truth evidently is not the path commonly followed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Cosplay: 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Denn:

Just because I didn't follow the bandwagon at blaming the company whilst supporting the op who has refused to give facts apart from sensationalising issues, I am now a bad person?

Bros you’re entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Don’t come here to present your opinions as facts. You’re biased, because you have a stake in the matter.

9 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Cosplay:

Bros you’re entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts. Don’t come here to present your opinions as facts. You’re biased, because you have a stake in the matter.

With enough people like you, Nigeria shall rise again.

It's an unfortunate situation.

Regardless of the astuteness of a buyer, no merchant should take advantage of them. This is what we get when our government is lacking in enforcement.

4 Likes

Re: How Cars 45 Ripped Us Off by aieromon(m): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Denn:

Search cars45 on Nairaland and bring out a post of somebody who has tried to buy or sell a car with positive feedback.

The only people I see on the side of cars45 are the dealers!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

What Does Tpms Mean In Honda Accord? / Gold Customized Mercedes Benz In Kaduna - Photos / First Driverless Car In Nigeria In Lagos Today (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.