Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) (45196 Views)

Indian Actress Chethana Raj Dies Aged 21 After Undergoing Fat Removal Surgery / Snake Girl Poses Semi-nude (warning! Graphic Pics) / Mercy Johnson Wins ELOY Best Actress Of Year, Releases New Photos To Celebrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 3:35am On Feb 27, 2018
This was during d era of d movie title Dog revenge... Nick name though
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 27, 2018
Hum
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by excel101(m): 3:45am On Feb 27, 2018
Asowari:
he he he wat kind of movie is this snake girl grin who watch India movies selfs undecided any way rip to her
An indomie generation spotted.

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by RSVP: 3:46am On Feb 27, 2018
sleek82:
I could remember having a lot of chills down my spine watching this movie back then.....there was nargin (don't know if the spelling is correct) and then this, nagina.....good 'ol days.......Friday was for indian movies while wednesday was for chinese movies!

You no lie bro....it's either dey show movie or wrestling.

Back in d days when we rely on TV channels to show better movies starting from 12:00am till ........

my broda woke me up to watch dis intresting badazz movie one friday night like dat.....DESPERADO.. Kai!

And dem still come show MATRIX dat early morning after dat one ended back to back .... kiss kiss

Dat was the happiest day of my life! grin

9 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Treyknowles(m): 3:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Hibiscuss:
Someone just said indomie generation won't know her.

Me: lipsrsealed
You dey mind am? Film wey I watch when I was young.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by nairalanduseles: 3:51am On Feb 27, 2018
modelmike7:
When men were boys.....
When there was nothing known as indomie noodles back then!
The good ol' days.........

there was always noodles .....u probably were just an aje kpako

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Emycord: 4:10am On Feb 27, 2018
Durchmann:
Hey guys!
Who remembers this Indian blockbuster movie we called "Snake Girl" in the late 80s? This used to be one of the horror movies of our time.
I won't forget a nightmare I had the night after I saw the movie for the first time. � Let's not go there.

Unfortunately, the iconic Sridevi who acted as "Snake Girl" was found dead in her hotel room bathtub on the 24th of February 2018. She was just 54. She was a Bollywood legend indeed.

2nd photo shows Sridevi with her two daughters in 2012.

RIP Sridevi!
RIP Snake Girl!!

Read more... https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/asia/sridevi-drowning-intl/index.html
THERE ARE TWO MOVIES NAGIN AND NAGINA. ABI NA SHE ACT THE TWO FILMS? MEN THAT GIRL CAN DANCE O

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by uppa(m): 4:34am On Feb 27, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
This was during d era of d movie title Dog revenge... Nick name though
Teri Meherbaniyan

4 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 4:48am On Feb 27, 2018
people just comment stupid things just to make demselves look funny
the sane world have really been pouring down thier encomium to this amazing woman who lighted up our screen and mind with her performance.we always make light some very important issues.

My deep condolences to the family of sridevi
rip to this amazing woman who captivated us with her beauty and her energy on screen.
Her dance scenes on nagina was breathtaking
she remains d undisputed snake dance queen

6 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 27, 2018
RIP dear.
Thanks for igniting my childhood

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Handsomecole(m): 5:01am On Feb 27, 2018
I can just put my self in the shoes of these Indomie Generation kids they will be so confused reading this.
Anyways that particular film scared me a lot, especially the part she usually turns to Snake it's sad she died anyways . RIP to her truly she is a Legend. The movie really went far.

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Landlord123: 5:10am On Feb 27, 2018
Askmewhy:

I tasted indomie noodles for the first time in 1987, so this information that when there was no indomie may not be correct because we may even have some people that tasted it before that my first experience.

It's a lie there was no indomie in NIGERIA in 1987 we only have spaghetti except u brought it from abroad..

5 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by starstunna1313(m): 5:13am On Feb 27, 2018
Durchmann:
Hey guys!
Who remembers this Indian blockbuster movie we called "Snake Girl" in the late 80s? This used to be one of the horror movies of our time.
I won't forget a nightmare I had the night after I saw the movie for the first time. � Let's not go there.

Unfortunately, the iconic Sridevi who acted as "Snake Girl" was found dead in her hotel room bathtub on the 24th of February 2018. She was just 54. She was a Bollywood legend indeed.

2nd photo shows Sridevi with her two daughters in 2012.

RIP Sridevi!
RIP Snake Girl!!

Read more... https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/asia/sridevi-drowning-intl/index.html

RIP SRIDEVI
OMO THIS MOVIE EH.. I WATCHED IT IN EARLY 90's AND IT GAVE ME THE HORROR OF MY LIFE.. LIKE EVER SINCE THEN TILL NOW AM SO FUCKING SCARED OF SNAKES... IF YOU ARE WITH ME AND YOU ARE A GIRL. ONCE WE SEE A SNAKE � EVEN IF NA LITTLE ONE YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. NA ME GO RUN FIRST cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Kakamorufu(m): 5:16am On Feb 27, 2018
akinade28:
Rip to d dead
I prefer her role in English vinglish
Same here. She delivered to role on a platter

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Landlord123: 5:16am On Feb 27, 2018
Landlord123:

It's a lie there was no indomie in NIGERIA in 1987 we only have spaghetti except u brought it from abroad..
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:30am On Feb 27, 2018
Asowari:
he he he wat kind of movie is this snake girl grin who watch India movies selfs undecided any way rip to her
one confaaaàam indomie pikin spotted!

more still comin... grin

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:33am On Feb 27, 2018
royalamour:
Choi! RIP ma'am.

Very scary movie.

I wouldn't step into the room alone if there was no light.

Very scary. grin
anoda indomie pikin!

I catch dis one! he dey try to carry d matta go where bro Mathias nor dey. "I wouldnt step into d room alone" , shioor grin
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Lionhearted: 5:34am On Feb 27, 2018
Landlord123:

There was sir.

Mostly in the north. Sold in Kano in small wraps of nylon then circa 1988.

Accepted it wasnt a "staple" like nowadays.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:37am On Feb 27, 2018
Askmewhy:

I tasted indomie noodles for the first time in 1987, so this information that when there was no indomie may not be correct because we may even have some people that tasted it before that my first experience.
indomie for '87?

bro nah spiritual indomie, the prelude nahim dem give u 4 dream

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Viicfuntop(f): 5:38am On Feb 27, 2018
You all should stop this jndlmie generation shit jo. Is everyone supposed to be born in the 80s

Modified. I just watched nagini on YouTube by this time. Don’t know what the fuss is about. What’s scary about the movie. She didn’t even turn to a snake once. Just two cobras doing her dirty work. You guys should stop exaggerating
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:42am On Feb 27, 2018
Handsomecole:
I can just put my self in the shoes of these Indomie Generation kids they will be so confused reading this.
Anyways that particular film scared me a lot, especially the part she usually turns to Snake it's sad she died anyways . RIP to her truly she is a Legend. The movie really went far.
d thing would look like how a Nigerian would be hearin about a popular local film from Tanzania in dis present time grin

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:43am On Feb 27, 2018
Viicfuntop:
You all should stop this jndlmie generation shit jo. Is everyone supposed to be born in the 80s
eeeyaaaa!

grin

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Viicfuntop(f): 5:47am On Feb 27, 2018
MichaelSokoto:

eeeyaaaa!

grin

Seriously it’s annoying.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Somebodydaddy01: 5:48am On Feb 27, 2018
I remember wella ....the day wey I watch this film...and devil come do me that day na around 7 I watch am ....any rope wey I se turn to snake ...I can’t sleep ...na die I Dey my people ...thank God

Rip cry

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by brainhgeek(m): 5:49am On Feb 27, 2018
My questions are simple.
1. Why do celebrities die in hotel rooms?
2. Why must it always be in their bath tun?
Somebody is not speaking up about something.
Rest on
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Moahmed: 5:49am On Feb 27, 2018
Luminee:
Really sad to hear

Eeeya so this girl finally come die, for the film ehn, she finish all the guys, except that last man standing

You are wrong, Shridevi was not part of nagin(the film you refer to). She was the lead female role in Nagina.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Moahmed: 5:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Emycord:
THERE ARE TWO MOVIES NAGIN AND NAGINA. ABI NA SHE ACT THE TWO FILMS? MEN THAT GIRL CAN DANCE O
She featured in Nagina along side Rishi Kapoor and the villain late Omrish Purity aka mugambo

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Somebodydaddy01: 5:52am On Feb 27, 2018
RSVP:

You no lie bro....it's either dey show movie or wrestling.

Back in d days when we rely on TV channels to show better movies starting from 12:00am till ........

my broda woke me up to watch dis intresting badazz movie one friday night like dat.....DESPERADO.. Kai!

And dem still come show MATRIX dat early morning after dat one ended back to back .... kiss kiss

Dat was the happiest day of my life! grin

Bros I thank you so much for this one wey you just talk....I remember too that was the first time I watch matrix ...I never knew what’s the movie is about until 2014 .desperado I love that Antonio die

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Zither(m): 5:53am On Feb 27, 2018
uppa:
Teri Meherbaniyan

That was my father's favourite back then. Jackie Shroff in his golden days.

@topic, there were two snake movies then: nagin and nagina. I was always scared and excited whenever nagin movie was played. The days of video cassette players. Gawd, those were the days. Whatever happened to 'Sunita' of Yeh Vadaraha?

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Emycord: 6:01am On Feb 27, 2018
Moahmed:
She featured in Nagina along side Rishi Kapoor and the villain late Omrish Purity aka mugambo
MUGAMBO OF MR INDIA FAME IS DEAD TOO? MUGAMBO KUSHUA!!!

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by nelklyn(m): 6:06am On Feb 27, 2018
uppa:
Teri Meherbaniyan

Damn you even remembered the name...that was another movie I really liked...the best part was when the dog form alliance with that cobra to avenge his master's death...as for the snake girl, wasn't really into it that much preferred another one not sure what it was called jamina, all I can remember is the way the lady dey twist her body and that guy wey carry her head go grin

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by deewhone(f): 6:07am On Feb 27, 2018
Ha!!!!!!! My Indian Mummy..... Jesus Christ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Linda Ikeji's Son, Baby J Jayce Jeremi (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her Son In New Photos, Shows Off Her Tattoo (photos) / Zenishia Abdulmalik "House Of Maliq" Editor In Sexy Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.