Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:28 PM

Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) (45303 Views)

Indian Actress Chethana Raj Dies Aged 21 After Undergoing Fat Removal Surgery / Snake Girl Poses Semi-nude (warning! Graphic Pics) / Mercy Johnson Wins ELOY Best Actress Of Year, Releases New Photos To Celebrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Emycord: 6:09am On Feb 27, 2018
Lionhearted:

There was sir.

Mostly in the north. Sold in Kano in small wraps of nylon then circa 1988.

Accepted it wasnt a "staple" like nowadays.
THAT WAS TALIYA YOU ATE A LOCALLY HANDMADE UNHYGENIC VERSION OF SPAGETHI
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by merbenko: 6:17am On Feb 27, 2018
Lionhearted:

There was sir.

That one na local made talia we used to called it ooo
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by asscb(f): 6:20am On Feb 27, 2018
Nagin,Nagina,jugunu,...chai....B.C.O.S was like a DSTV then grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by asscb(f): 6:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Nyerhovwo101:
This was during d era of d movie title Dog revenge... Nick name though
Mutiu Alaja grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by emmykey0128(m): 6:33am On Feb 27, 2018
Chai I can fear fear that year watching this movie. Back then, when there was no big brother on our TV then
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by royalamour(m): 6:40am On Feb 27, 2018
MichaelSokoto:

anoda indomie pikin!

I catch dis one! he dey try to carry d matta go where bro Mathias nor dey. "I wouldnt step into d room alone" , shioor grin

Are you talking about this same Indian movie or not?
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by daverebranded(m): 6:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Viicfuntop:
You all should stop this jndlmie generation shit jo. Is everyone supposed to be born in the 80s

Modified. I just watched nagini on YouTube by this time. Don’t know what the fuss is about. What’s scary about the movie. She didn’t even turn to a snake once. Just two cobras doing her dirty work. You guys should stop exaggerating
Tah go and sleep, even the YouTube wey you talk you never watch am. this movie was scary as shit back in the day. suspense sef fit kill person.

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Moahmed: 6:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Zither:

That was my father's favourite back then. Jackie Shroff in his golden days.

@topic, there were two snake movies then: nagin and nagina. I was always scared and excited whenever nagin movie was played. The days of video cassette players. Gawd, those were the days. Whatever happened to 'Sunita' of Yeh Vadaraha?

The Role of sunita was played by two beautiful Bollywood legends. Before the accident Ponaam Dillon played the role sunita sikkam and after the accident Tina Amnani need Munim played the role.

Tina Ambani (née Munim) is currently Chairperson of the Mumbai-based Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.

Ponam Dhilom is still active in the industry. Recently she has also launched an event and film production company "Poetic Justice Films Pvt Ltd.

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by richard870(m): 6:42am On Feb 27, 2018
sleek82:
I could remember having a lot of chills down my spine watching this movie back then.....there was nargin (don't know if the spelling is correct) and then this, nagina.....good 'ol days.......friday was for indian movies while wednesday was for chinese movies!
Same here man. Nagin was d one I watched then... never liked it tho
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Moahmed: 6:51am On Feb 27, 2018
Sridevi also star in the sequel to Nagina. Nigahen:Nagina part 2. It is the first Bollywood movie sequel. However, the movie performed poorly and bombed at the box office.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by adexgbehmegah: 6:56am On Feb 27, 2018
pDudd:
Can you believe that until today I never watched that movie? embarassed embarassed

We were in Deeper Life in my house back then and I could only listen to my classmates tell tales about the movie and it seemed very scary just listening to them tell it. embarassed embarassed embarassed
You are not alone! Then, I was not allowed to watch TV by my father because of the Apostolic Faith Church Doctrine. So, I did not watch the movie.

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Dsov2016: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2018
starstunna1313:

RIP SRIDEVI
OMO THIS MOVIE EH.. I WATCHED IT IN EARLY 90's AND IT GAVE ME THE HORROR OF MY LIFE.. LIKE EVER SINCE THEN TILL NOW AM SO FUCKING SCARED OF SNAKES... IF YOU ARE WITH ME AND YOU ARE A GIRL. ONCE WE SEE A SNAKE � EVEN IF NA LITTLE ONE YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. NA ME GO RUN FIRST cheesy

true talk. after watching the movie, I still have a very crippling fear of snakes, to even look their picture for net dey fear me. well RIP to one of the greatest Indian actresses of all time sridevi kapoor
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Dsov2016: 7:10am On Feb 27, 2018
Viicfuntop:
You all should stop this jndlmie generation shit jo. Is everyone supposed to be born in the 80s

Modified. I just watched nagini on YouTube by this time. Don’t know what the fuss is about. What’s scary about the movie. She didn’t even turn to a snake once. Just two cobras doing her dirty work. You guys should stop exaggerating

what you should understand is that some of us watched that movie as very young kids, obviously movies that was scary to us then might not be scary now. just like that Indian movie(can't really remember if the name is khiladi or something else) that was acted by ashkay Kumar and co about a ladies spiritual husband that was killing her college friends, anyway that movie was quite scary to me back then, but now not so much because of its poor graphics, or raaz 1& 2 etc

3 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Dsov2016: 7:12am On Feb 27, 2018
Emycord:
MUGAMBO OF MR INDIA FAME IS DEAD TOO? MUGAMBO KUSHUA!!!
since around 02 or 03
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Dsov2016: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2018
brainhgeek:
My questions are simple. 1. Why do celebrities die in hotel rooms? 2. Why must it always be in their bath tun? Somebody is not speaking up about something. Rest on
maybe there is another cause of death and they are covering it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 27, 2018
BiGVEEN58:
Snake girl that cannot swallow money.. Is that one snake girl?

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 27, 2018
Wow,didnt know she was d one dat acted english vinglish bt she did well in both,i cant forget dat nagina,all d songs videos are on my phone,dat her mother in law no get chill,she jst wan destroy her...bollywood is bae
akinade28:
Rip to d dead
I prefer her role in English vinglish

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by babamadiba(m): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2018
Landlord123:

It's a lie there was no indomie in NIGERIA in 1987 we only have spaghetti except u brought it from abroad..
and macaroni.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Biodun1929(m): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Watch Nagin, not Nagina. Nagina is a low budget ripoff of Nagin.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by georgee(m): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2018
Askmewhy:

I tasted indomie noodles for the first time in 1987, so this information that when there was no indomie may not be correct because we may even have some people that tasted it before that my first experience.
Guy, wat u tasted was not indomie noodlee. U tasted Maggi 2minutes noodles. I remember very well in 87/88 when the advert of Maggi 2 minutes noodles came out on TV, me and my sibblings contributed to buy it then. I think it sold for 30kobo.
Get this right, indomie was not in Nigeria 87/88. It was Maggi 2 mins noodles.

2 Likes

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by hedonistic: 7:22am On Feb 27, 2018
ify4king:
Those days when we watched through the window. Any family that owns a video machine is perceived to be wealthy

Hohoho. My belle dey pain me o. I can relate very very well.

It's incredible how time demystifies everything.

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 27, 2018
Both are interesting but i prefer nagina,nagin babe is jst too wicked,killing 7 men becos of 1 man dey mistakenly killed
Biodun1929:

Watch Nagin, not Nagina. Nagina is a low budget ripoff of Nagin.

1 Like

Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 27, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
that mod that is banning people up and down you won't see next month... if u like ban me
why were you ban remains. A question
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by onomeabuja: 7:24am On Feb 27, 2018
Durchmann:
Hey guys!
Who remembers this Indian blockbuster movie we called "Snake Girl" in the late 80s? This used to be one of the horror movies of our time.
I won't forget a nightmare I had the night after I saw the movie for the first time. � Let's not go there.

Unfortunately, the iconic Sridevi who acted as "Snake Girl" was found dead in her hotel room bathtub on the 24th of February 2018. She was just 54. She was a Bollywood legend indeed.

2nd photo shows Sridevi with her two daughters in 2012.

RIP Sridevi!
RIP Snake Girl!!

Read more... https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/asia/sridevi-drowning-intl/index.html
REMINDS ME OF NTA EVERY SATURDAY.VERY INTERESTING FILM THEN....R.I.P SRIDEVI!
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Biodun1929(m): 7:24am On Feb 27, 2018
Simplep:
Both are interesting both i prefer nagina,nagin babe is jst too wicked,killing 7 men becos of 1 man dey mistakenly killed

lol! That is what you call true love. Love would make you do crazy things.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Biodun1929(m): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2018
asscb:
Nagin,Nagina,jugunu,...chai....B.C.O.S was like a DSTV then grin grin

Hahaha! I remember jugunu...about the high class thief. Lovely movie.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Awoo88: 7:26am On Feb 27, 2018
Lionhearted:

There was sir.

What you had then was spaghetti and macaroni. Indomi as we know it today was introduced into Nigeria in the mid 90s. It became popular in the 20s
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by perdollar(m): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2018
may be she died from d money she swallowed in jamb office
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by hedonistic: 7:30am On Feb 27, 2018
Landlord123:

It's a lie there was no indomie in NIGERIA in 1987 we only have spaghetti except u brought it from abroad..
Not even spaghetti. What we had then was SUPERGETTI. Show me a child who knew the correct pronunciation and spelling at that time and I'll show you a big liar.
Re: Sridevi Is Dead (Indian Actress Of "Nagina - Snake Girl" Fame) by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 27, 2018
RSVP:

You no lie bro....it's either dey show movie or wrestling.

Back in d days when we rely on TV channels to show better movies starting from 12:00am till ........

my broda woke me up to watch dis intresting badazz movie one friday night like dat.....DESPERADO.. Kai!

And dem still come show MATRIX dat early morning after dat one ended back to back .... kiss kiss

Dat was the happiest day of my life! grin

You are really an indomie generation.....
Matrix was released in 1999 matrix revolution was in 2003
Desperado (the mexican drug war gangster) was released in 1995......
Jesus! We are talking about late 80s film and you are talking about yesterday film.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katung Aduwak And Wife Raven Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Daniella Okeke says no need to pay for DSTV with drama on IG, Tonto Dikeh reacts / Fan Fires At Peter Okoye: I Am Better Than You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.