Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? (12457 Views)

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Can A Person Be Possessed By The Jinn When He Is Keeping Up With Adhkaar? / The World Of Jinn -I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by ilyasmuy: 11:13am On Mar 09, 2018
You can also read https://islamqa.info/en/10513 for prescribed protection against jinn
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
JegaQuin:

Bro are you saying they can be be around the room she's praying as far as she doesn't face them praying? Do you have dalil for this?
so start arguing over irrelevance?.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
topsyspice:
Assalam aleikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh to my beautiful brothers and sisters in Islam. I want to appreciate you all for the beautiful job u are doing here. May Allah accept it as act of Ibadan from us all.

Please, I need an answer to this issue that has been bothering me for a long time now.
Straight to the point... I was posted to a department that is into Artistry works as a Secretary and my boss has his office beautifued with lots of art works like paintings, sculptural works (human, animals and non living things) I used to be afraid when I got there because of a particular art work which has eyes in it. It was placed in a place where you would always look where you like it or not. But now, not dt afraid again as I hv decided not to be looking there again. Among other things. All my fears are based on d fact that I know how Kinna are linked with these things and how I will not have anything to do with them. There are art works in my office too but not as much as dt.

To my questions:
1. What prayers can I do/be doing so as not to be affected
by these creatures.
2. Sometimes, when I work late, I pray Zuhr and Asr in my office, even though na 1 mind I dey use and I hope and pray Allah accepts them. Can I continue praying.
3. During pregnancy, how do I protect myself and my unborn child from harm. (if there is any).

The people working there are used to this. I was even telling 1 of them about the pictures and Jinns, even though he is a Muslim, he only laughed it off and said there can't be anything like that in the pictures. So it is only me who thinks about it everyday I am in the office.

Thanking you in advance.
Ma Salaam.

1. What prayers can I do/be doing so as not to be affected
by these creatures.

Morning and Evening adkhaar is a potent one to get saved!
2. Sometimes, when I work late, I pray Zuhr and Asr in my office, even though na 1 mind I dey use and I hope and pray Allah accepts them. Can I continue praying.
Try to pray in the mosque, or get a better place in the office or cover the pictures instead.
3. During pregnancy, how do I protect myself and my unborn child from harm. (if there is any).

Huuhizubikalimatillah taamat, min kuli shaytani wa a'ma wa min kulli aynun la'ma . Say it regularly, u and ur baby will insha Allah be protected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by mft: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2018
Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh, my sis its very simple, wen u wanna pray turn d photo/pics to face the wall then observe ur prayer.
Prayer against d jinn had bin posted and d simplest one is saying "I UNZUBIKALLIMATI LLAHI TAMMA MIN KULI SHAYTAN WA AMMA WA MINKULI AENI LAMMA (3ce) weneva u step in2 d office. Inshaa Allah u a safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by nellyelitz(m): 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2018
Chai! Africa...even the owners of the religion don't talk this poo
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
@ilyasmuy, Empire, lekahm, mfr and others that contributed positively to this post,

Jazakumllah khayran for all the wonderful responses. I am glad that right inside our religion, we have solutions to our problems. I am proud to be a Muslim. Alhamdulillah! May Allah accept all our striving in His path as acts of Ibaadah.

I adore you all!
Thank you very much for having my back!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Pataricatering(f): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=topsyspice post=65542534][/quote]resign from that job ! A brother already advised you that working anywhere images are produced is haram !
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Empiree: 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2018
Pataricatering:
resign from that job ! A brother already advised you that working anywhere images are produced is haram !
you people keep saying this. This is not a long term solution. What guarantee does she has to getting another job?. Think people, think please.

Survival comes first.

Those who are giving fatwa that she should quit her job, please look at their economy situation. They are well off. Clearing the pictures or animated object from qibla is enough. Khalas!

You guys need to be more exposed to reality. The Hadith used to go against pictures or animated objects was specific to something not general rule. Islam has solution for every situation. It is not rigid on situations or conditions that are flexible.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Pataricatering:
resign from that job ! A brother already advised you that working anywhere images are produced is haram !

Thank you sir for your opinion. Like I said in my first post, it is an educational setting whereby they always do general posting every three years. I have worked in many departments/unit in the same setting before being posted here. It is not a permanent thing.
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by vannessa7(f): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
Alhamdulilahi, I just want to add this, I think the major reason pictures are forbidden is so you don't worship them unknowingly or knowingly, we all know Allahu our God hate polytheism and idolatory, if the pictures are in the same room where you pray it is understandable prayers will be hindered and that should apply everywhere because we need the presence and protection of Allah everywhere, sister just prayerfully look for other jobs, I'm sure with prayer God will reposition you to a more Islamic friendly job, suratul nas will take care of the jinn if there are any, be bold and cast out fear because being afraid can actually invite them.

Excuse my not using many Islamically correct words, I just converted to Islam and I'm still learning, my conversion story is on my profile
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Would one resign if he/she works in mult-millionaire company where pictures/images are made and hang, art gallery, comic studios, media companies etc? And resign because of that?

Religious people have problem with what's reality and what's imaginary, I've advice the OP not to let religious disorder take over her.

You will resign just because of images, images?!

With the bad economy and lack of job opportunities someone wants to resign because of art works?

I'm done with this episode here!
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by topsyspice(f): 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2018
vannessa7:
Alhamdulilahi, I just want to add this, I think the major reason pictures are forbidden is so you don't worship them unknowingly or knowingly, we all know Allahu our God hate polytheism and idolatory, if the pictures are in the same room where you pray it is understandable prayers will be hindered and that should apply everywhere because we need the presence and protection of Allah everywhere, sister just prayerfully look for other jobs, I'm sure with prayer God will reposition you to a more Islamic friendly job, suratul nas will take care of the jinn if there are any, be bold and cast out fear because being afraid can actually invite them.

Excuse my not using many Islamically correct words, I just converted to Islam and I'm still learning, my conversion story is on my profile

Thank you so much for this, I appreciate and welcome onboard Islam. The True religion of PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by Fkhalifa(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
vannessa7:

may Allah reward you and make you foot firm in this deen(Aameen).. I want to ask if you had any experience or knowledge to share more on " being afraid invites jinn, and Surat nass?
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by vannessa7(f): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
Fkhalifa:
may Allah reward you and make you foot firm in this deen(Aameen).. I want to ask if you had any experience or knowledge to share more on " being afraid invites jinn, and Surat nass?

Well, actually its all a combination of my knowledge of the word of Allah in the Torah, old testament, my life experiences and other peoples experience, it says in the bible that we should resist the devil and he will flee from us and that the righteous is as bold as a lion, from my past experience in Christianity it is generally believed that when you are afraid of the enemy, they get stronger and you give them strength over you and fear is actually lack of faith in Allah, you are afraid Allah will not keep His promises to protect you and that may lead to what you fear happening because you cannot walk with Allah without faith, its actually an insult to God if you are afraid of things you can pray about, its doubt in Allah, also I have had to ward off the enemy a lot because I hear spiritual voices a lot and the enemy has threatened to kill me several times but I always counter their pronouncements with the word of God such as psalm 118:17 , ishahia54:17, prov26:27etc, sometimes the enemy tell me if you do this you will die, I just reject it with the word of God and do that thing like when I left the church where I spent 14yrs after I discover its an evil church, the enemy threatened to kill me if I live and I saw spirit of death following me around, I had to pray and received psalm 27 then to counter them, note that the word of Allah anywhere is powerful either Torah, injeel or the Quran, and a well rounded Muslim must read the bible regularly now I'm cramming the Quran fast and also reading the English version to know what Allah says, if you read the English meaning of that suratul nas you will understand its appropriate and powerful, also lakadijakul, its very powerful and all these surah works, I'm actually writing a book now explaining things like this to help new converts and any one that need help, you know the Quran is purely the word of God throughout, no sentence in it from any man, its very powerful to cram and use, even your soul can never be touched by evil if you feed on the Quran daily and cram it, my sister Islam is a treasure I found and I'm basking in the joy of it, its total deliverance and eternal blessing that's why with the illiteracy and backwardness of the north they will always lead us, Islamic nation is the richest in the world, the lowest cancer rate in the world is an Islamic nation, shaitan knows this so he created all those terror group to discourage people from Islam, Alihamdulilah mercy found me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by emekaRaj(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
vannessa7:

Well, actually its all a combination of my knowledge of the word of Allah in the Torah, old testament, my life experiences and other peoples experience, it says in the bible that we should resist the devil and he will flee from us and that the righteous is as bold as a lion, from my past experience in Christianity it is generally believed that when you are afraid of the enemy, they get stronger and you give them strength over you and fear is actually lack of faith in Allah, you are afraid Allah will not keep His promises to protect you and that may lead to what you fear happening because you cannot walk with Allah without faith, its actually an insult to God if you are afraid of things you can pray about, its doubt in Allah, also I have had to ward off the enemy a lot because I hear spiritual voices a lot and the enemy has threatened to kill me several times but I always counter their pronouncements with the word of God such as psalm 118:17 , ishahia54:17, prov26:27etc, sometimes the enemy tell me if you do this you will die, I just reject it with the word of God and do that thing like when I left the church where I spent 14yrs after I discover its an evil church, the enemy threatened to kill me if I live and I saw spirit of death following me around, I had to pray and received psalm 27 then to counter them, note that the word of Allah anywhere is powerful either Torah, injeel or the Quran, and a well rounded Muslim must read the bible regularly now I'm cramming the Quran fast and also reading the English version to know what Allah says, if you read the English meaning of that suratul nas you will understand its appropriate and powerful, also lakadijakul, its very powerful and all these surah works, I'm actually writing a book now explaining things like this to help new converts and any one that need help, you know the Quran is purely the word of God throughout, no sentence in it from any man, its very powerful to cram and use, even your soul can never be touched by evil if you feed on the Quran daily and cram it, my sister Islam is a treasure I found and I'm basking in the joy of it, its total deliverance and eternal blessing that's why with the illiteracy and backwardness of the north they will always lead us, Islamic nation is the richest in the world, the lowest cancer rate in the world is an Islamic nation, shaitan knows this so he created all those terror group to discourage people from Islam, Alihamdulilah mercy found me.

I have been following u since u converted to Islam, and u have made a beautiful progress. It's amazing the knowledge u have acquired during this short period and u are willing to learn more. May Allah guide u more.....

U are right about most of the things u said... The nations of Islam have been blessed with gold, oil an many other natural resources as Allah had promised. The north would have been even more endowed with natural gift, but they bask in in so much sin, may Allah guide them
Re: Pictures/Jinn issue. Is it safe? by vannessa7(f): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2018
emekaRaj:

I have been following u since u converted to Islam, and u have made a beautiful progress. It's amazing the knowledge u have acquired during this short period and u are willing to learn more. May Allah guide u more.....

U are right about most of the things u said... The nations of Islam have been blessed with gold, oil an many other natural resources as Allah had promised. The north would have been even more endowed with natural gift, but they bask in in so much sin, may Allah guide them

Amen, Alihamdulilahi, thank you brother

(1) (2) (Reply)

Depression And Cure In Islam / Types Of Marriage Practiced In Islam / 87 Non-Muslims Convert To Islam In Akure, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.