Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd - Pets (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd (147166 Views)

Diary Of Boomer The Boerboel / Bella And Sparo The Boerboel / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by MrrKay(m): 7:04am On Apr 20, 2021
inception101:

I'm interested. Location and price?

Not available any more
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
durubrian:

you don't know how dangerous it is to give them cooked bones.
Boss what's dangerous in cook bone?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
Jungpablo:

since people are contributing let me add the little I know too grin firstly low carb and high fat diet is good for dog since fat can be used as a source of energy through ketogenesis while excess carbs will be stored as fat and in raw feeding there is proportion meat: bone: organs people like oluomoadebayo can help since he is a raw feeder and I talked with a breeder in the US some time ago and she is into Raw 100% and she named numerous health benefits like good dental health etc(i can't really remember the rest at the moment) . organs actually contain all the necessary vitamins needed for proper growth by dog. although raw feed contains more proteins but fat, carbohydrates and the rest are present. like eveezy pointed out raw bones is actually safer for dogs in terms of splinting and the rest although chances of contacting diseases and infections such as worms is usually higher especially in younger dogs which is why it is important to always be up to date with yur pet vaccinations schedule and give meat that are disease free and don't give foetus, so far I haven't experience any problem from feeding raw even with little puppies and honestly I would have stuck to raw full time if not that it is usually more expensive. the point is give yur dog good meat and yu will hardly have a problem caused by meat consumption. as for the bones it is safer to give bones after yur dog has finished his meal when yu give bones to a hungry dog, they tend to rush it probably swallow and choke on it and maybe die from bone stuck in the oesophagus or cause injury to the buccal cavity. personally I give bones after meal so my dog can use it to while away the time and lastly chicken legs is actually good for dogs especially large breeds since it contains chrondointin which is important especially for hips and elbow joints to prevent hip and elbow dysplasia. so in conclusion never give a bone to a healthy dog. don't mind any error e no easy to type Abeg
How do u mean, never give a bone to a healthy dog?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Cujo007: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2021
It's said that cooked bones splinter easily and could cause injury to the dog
Prince3:

Boss what's dangerous in cook bone?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2021
henrixx:
both.

Although we get many visitors around daily.

Pls help what can I do. We bought it for a guard and we aren't getting the results. She's alone. Some are suggesting we get a companion along

Pls help me with tips. I feel like shooting the dog when I see her getting scared
Do you guys even flog your dogs atall? I flog mine steady
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by henrixx(m): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Prince3:

Do you guys even flog your dogs atall? I flog mine steady
lmaaaao! if you flog them they'll become scared of you but I do only when they scatter my shoes around. they're dead!

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
vincentjk:

Were you the person that gave them poo to eat or did i mention serving them any poo here?? Change your words please
Guy calm down, he is generalizing the statement. Truth be told, they are poo eaters, reason I dislike dog but aside that I love dogs for everything. I almost beat my Dog today to death for eating my little sons poo. Borebole
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
henrixx:
hmmm Boer boel 7 months
Hmm, looks like Ekuke. Why didn't you cut his tail.?

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
okikiosibodu:

Not everyone have the luxury of time to fee their canines twice a day ( as many do morning and night), and I also get your point about it assimilating.... More of chemistry at work......increased surface area blah blah blah, but for grown up dogs, they can do fine with feeding once per day. But sha, those that do it usually make the food very rich. It could have egg broken into it,boosts of liver, fish and meat, as added "Jara", besides the main course.
My mentor who birthed and nurtured my love for canines, used to feed his dogs once a day ( at night when he returned from the days hustle and bustle), and then picks a particular day of the week that he skips their meal, for their digestive tract to stay clear. The dogs usually do fine and if offered food that day, it just might waste ( except for his Boerboel that has a large appetite and doesnt know when to stop).
Also they occasionally eat grass. My mentor said they do it to clear their system. They know the particular leaf to eat, so you cutting it and bringing it to them could be considered a waste of time
Wow, so you mean they can actually go a full day without eating cause I decided to starve my 4months puppy for 1full day as a punishment for tasting human poo

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
vincentjk:

Yes, his vaccines were upto date

Don't know why it happened this way
Chai, this pains me alot. And thats the Dog I love more than the gsd. O, too bad. I feel ur pain bro. Started following you thread on Sunday from page 1 now to page 23. I can't sleep without reading atleast 2to3 pages or more everynight
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 11:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
vincentjk:
In a bid to keep augusto healthy, active and free from any kinda disease, I'm currently administering the following medications on him;

First pic: it's Bcomplex, it look and tastes like the emzor multivite for children and it helps in appetite and to also prevent him from going down. We all know that vitamins prevent one from falling sick, that's what a doctor once told me.

Second pic: this is amoxylin. I personally don't know what it does but the person that bred augusto told me to be administering it on him 2ml morning and 2ml in the evening for five days, I'm stopping today so the rest should go to the dustbin because as prescribed by the makers, it should be used within 7 days of opening but should be refrigirated.

Third pic: I used the glass bottle to store the local palm kernel oil I got from the market, I bought a cup for N200. It helps in keeping the immune system strong and other health benefits as well
Please how can I administer the palm kernel oil and is it the regular red oil we buy from the market?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 12:01am On Apr 22, 2021
Dreazy23:

Thanks, they’re both Caucasian. Male and female though
They play together and stay together but with food they don’t like being together
Please can we see their photos, would appreciate if you can send or dm sir.
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 12:43am On Apr 22, 2021
IamAnderson:

first of all, you didn't answer the question
secondly, Caucasians are not teddy bears, they are one of the most aggressive dog breeds and they are also good guard dogs.
you can ask around and even check online, their are thousands of Caucasians that guard farms and households diligently.
the breed was made to guard and that's what they have been doing, do you think when they are called wolf killers it's just a fun nickname?

I've seen several stories like this, of people that because they see the impressive size of a Caucasian puppy they start expecting too much from the puppy ignoring the fact that it's a freaking puppy. when the puppy matures then they start complaining that their dogs are too reckless and stubborn and start asking for training tips. you can check here on NL all the "how do I make my dog aggressive" threads featuring Caucasian shepherd puppies, you'll see whether the situation changed with time or not. you can also check Facebook if you're not satisfied, you'll see the same thing.
if you describe a Caucasian shepherd as a playful teddy bear then you don't know anything about the breed at all.

if you're still not satisfied you can give me your phone number I'll send dozens of videos of Caucasians in action guarding their territories and tackling intruders
Send me videos sir cause I need to get a Caucasian as a play mate to my BB. 0 9 1 3 8 6 7 0 4 4 8. Looking forward to it Dm sir
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by henrixx(m): 3:40am On Apr 22, 2021
Prince3:

Hmm, looks like Ekuke. Why didn't you cut his tail.?
we dashed it out after it gave birth. na mumu dog. undecided
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2021
vincentjk:

Get one then, They're nice dogs after all wink

Audio conjure grin
But mind you they too many impure breed everywhere. People keep discouraging me every day that my dog is not a pure breed. I done tire sef, wants to dash it out on many occasions, am still not happy with the feed back though.
Meanwhile my BB is ve heavy to jump she seems very heavy at just 4months, think am overfeeding her
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
Spanishmilf:
Abeg I wan ask u something it may sound funny but I need your reply
Are u afraid of dog as a soldier?? Imagine u jugging early in the morning and u see one mad rottweiler running towards you, as a soldier will u run for it or u will face it..
I need your honest answer
Answer as a soldier
I think I will answer that. It depends on how am dressed, No dog dare come close to me if am putting on the regular military hard boot cause a kicknor 2 on his jaw will the the job for me on the other hand when on simple slippers which is rear, I will charge forward and backward with caution, and the dog does same, maybe I might find a different route but be sure I will be the next day for a return match and I need not tell you what will happen
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 7:28pm On Apr 25, 2021
Prince3:

Wow, so you mean they can actually go a full day without eating cause I decided to starve my 4months puppy for 1full day as a punishment for tasting human poo
Yes o, brotherly
What my mentor used to do back then to correct his dog, was to beat them the instance they err.. So they know what they are being punished for exactly. It is not usually a serious beating.. Just a lil spank on the hip to let the dog know that's wrong, but not too painful... You grab?
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Jungpablo: 9:49am On Dec 14, 2021
Prince3:

How do u mean, never give a bone to a healthy dog?
hungry dog
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ninobraw(m): 12:47am On Dec 25, 2021
vincentjk:
I took Gustaf home and then decided to do the treatment by myself, I google online and also got some help from people on Nairaland here telling me what to get and how to do the parvo treatment.

I bought each and everything i was told to buy including;
Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

Treating parvo wasn't really easy for me but thanks goodness everything went fine and Gustaf rose again cheesy

Name the antibiotics you bought
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ninobraw(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2021
vincentjk:
I took Gustaf home and then decided to do the treatment by myself, I google online and also got some help from people on Nairaland here telling me what to get and how to do the parvo treatment.

Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

Treating parvo wasn't really easy for me but thanks goodness everything went fine and Gustaf rose again cheesy
nice one
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ninobraw(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2021
vincentjk:

Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

nice one please what are the antibiotics name please
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Ninobraw(m): 6:54am On Dec 29, 2021
vincentjk:

Antibiotics
Diastop suspension
Oral b salt.
Drip
Palm kennel oil
Multivitamins
Glucose
Syringe
Toothbrush etc...

nice one please what are the antibiotics name please
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
My puppy at 1year now... Today makes 1day after mating

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 4:07am On Oct 17, 2022
Prince3:
My puppy at 1year now... Today makes 1day after mating

My bitch gave birth today but only birth 2puppies though. But it's fine

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Prince3(m): 4:10am On Oct 17, 2022
Prince3:

My bitch gave birth today but only birth 2puppies though. But it's fine

Haven't check what sex yet. I wonder if I know that is check but I think I have a clue. (By checking if it's more than 2 breast)

1 Like

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Akalia(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2022
My boy at 10 months. He is a Boerboel mix.

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by oaopedrorudolf: 11:51am On Oct 17, 2022
icdkcjmkx]
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Teymanhenry(f): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
vincentjk:

Thanks

You shouldn't have done the mating in the first place

It would grow but at a poor rate. You'll need feed her so well for her to grow to normalcy
Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by jl115: 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2022
Thought I'd give you guys a bit of an update on Mike

Currently 4 years old 80kg and around 75cm....here pictured with Gerrie(great dane) who is our newest addition to the farm pictured @6 months around 40-45kg and also 75cm at the withers

2 Likes

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by Mandela27: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
Meet brutal,I can't really identify his breed,but the dad is a Caucasian.
Brutal is 4months old but doesn't bark at strangers, only barks when he sees food cry
It's painful

Re: Murphy the Boerboel and Gustaf the German shepherd by okikiosibodu(m): 4:41am On Mar 21, 2023
I miss this sweet thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive / Pitbull Or Rottweiler: Which Is More Dangerous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.