Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce (918 Views)

What If You Discover You're Pregnant After Breakup? / Wife Runs Away With A Man She Claimed Raped Her Five Years Ago / Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by Godslove2018: 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
I waited for him,he came in by 2.45am. I was waiting for him in the living room. Soon as he came in,I started to yell and scream and I went ballistic.

Bran,I am pregnant and I want a divorce!…those were the words I blurted out to my husband that night.

My husband,Bran fell to his knees and began to cry. It was not tears of joy. It was tears of anguish and pain and regret.He held unto me and began to beg me. Please my love,please dont go. I will do anything. I will change. I will I promise you on the grave of my late mother. Baba,dont leave me. He kept on tugging and begging. That was two weeks ago.

How did we get here? How did my husband and I who so in love become this kind of people? One time we were so in love. It felt like ages ago. Now,all we see is pain,betrayal and disappointment and I wanted a divorce.

Bran and I have been married for five years. We had dreams and goals for our lives. But all that crashed when after the second year,the strain of infertility began to take its toil on us. I became frantic and began fertility treatments after the second year. But Bran didnt support me as I would have loved. He kept saying nothing was wrong with him,that I should go check myself. we were always quarreling and arguing because I felt he was not supportive enough. All the tests recommended for him to go take,he never showed up for any of them. I would cry and quarrel. Meanwhile,the pressure from my family and his was just getting too much. I began to avoid everyone.

Bran started to keep late night because of our constant fight. I used to become afraid for him. I didnt want him ending up dead for coming late every day. This made is quarrel more. many nights,he would sneak into our home by 2 or 3am. I was depressed and desperate. One night,I couldnt take it anymore. I waited for him,he came in by 2.45am. I was waiting for him in the living room. Soon as he came in,I started to yell and scream and I went ballistic. He just looked at me and went into the guest room,locked it and slept off. He was drunk as a skunk!

The next day,I went to work and a couple of hours later,I became sick. I was actually giving a presentation at work when I collapsed. My colleagues rushed to help me and before I knew what was happening,I was bleeding all over the office floor. I was rushed to the hospital where it was confirmed that I just had a miscarriage.

I miscarried a baby that I had been looking for for almost five years!. I didnt even know I was pregnant. I cried and cried and cried. I became so depressed and upset. Bran didnt even come to see me in the hospital. well,I didnt tell him,I was too upset. I was discharged and placed on bed rest. I got home and was faced by the sad reality of what happened and how sad my life had become. It felt like my husband and I didnt know each other again.We had become strangers and always angry at each other. And of course,I blamed him for making me miscarry.

As I did our laundry days later,I found a piece of condom in Bran’s jean pocket. We never use condom because we have been trying to conceive. At that point,I broke down completely. I was in bed for almost two days, The depression had set in completely. I was suicidal now. I had lost Bran completely,he was now cheating,blaming me for our inability to have a child and when we had one,he made me miscarry. I was in a very dark place. One night,when Bran didnt come back as usual,I got dressed and went to a club. I ordered drinks and began to drink. I was looking for a way out of my misery. I wanted to get revenge on Bran for causing this pain. That night,I got drunk and had sex with a random stranger in the back of my SUV.

Next day,I was so sick of myself and I cried . I tried to continue living my life normally until a month later,I collapsed while getting out of the bathroom. This time,Bran was around,he took me to the hospital. The doctor ran tests and confirmed .....

http://livelystones.com.ng/i-am-pregnant-after-five-years-of-infertility-and-i-want-a-divorce/
Re: I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
chai. dats marraige for u. single mother no sweet as well o. i sugest u both repent and try 2 make d marraige work, many pple av experienced worse

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by IamEmem(m): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2018
Marriage requires a lot of patience and efforts to make it work especially in the early years.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by victorian(f): 4:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
That's marriage.
When one is single, we are always eager to jump into than bandwagon of "am married "

Enter marriage, the tears that follows afterwards especially during trying period of getting pregnant is so frustrating.

Op, such is life. Forgive each other and try let go of resentments. No one is perfect.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by MissRaine69(f): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Fertility puts a strain on any marriage how you manage that strain depends on emotional intelligence.
How did he cope with knowing that he potentially might not be a father? How did you cope with your fertility struggles? When did the passion just turn to sex and routine for the sole purpose of getting pregnant?
Both of you checked out emotionally.
Fix things.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant After Five Years Of Infertility And I Want A Divorce by liquidlove2018: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
True word.
That's why marriage is not for babes.

MissRaine69:
Fertility puts a strain on any marriage how you manage that strain depends on emotional intelligence.
How did he cope with knowing that he potentially might not be a father? How did you cope with your fertility struggles? When did the passion just turn to sex and routine for the sole purpose of getting pregnant?
Both of you checked out emotionally.
Fix things.

(1) (Reply)

What will you do if The Girl you've Been Avoiding Sent You This Message / Ladies Come Help Me Quick / Affordable Private Hostels Where Unilag Students Can Stay This Second Semester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.