Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. (2625 Views)

Aristo Female Lawyer Wants You To See Her Perfect Cute Goodies / She's Is Nice But Gets Vulgar When Angry. What Should I Do? Advise Please / I’ve Impregnated Wife Of My Cousin Who Pays My Fees – 21-year-old Man Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good day all, my cousin who is a UNN trained law graduate, also armed with a Masters degree in Law from a UK university has decided to go ahead to marry a proud illiterate who isn't ready to learn nor upgrade academically but I must confess, she is a beauty to behold. She looks like the late Ojukwu's wife Bianca, very fresh and fair in complexion..According to him he met her when he was in his final year at Enugu...Her written and spoken English are quite terrible and she always get angry when corrected. She has anger problems and has slapped my cousin twice without retaliation, she even went ahead and said because my cousin went to school doesn't make him more superior to her and that she knows her worth, because there are better and richer men asking her out...She is an SSCE holder with 2credits and has 3 earing piercing on both ears with a belly ring � piercing combined with a Shakira waist chain and a long eye lashes like that of the late Goldie...My Uncle, who is my cousin's dad is a former permanent secretary while his wife is a Consultant Dental surgeon in one of the FMC'S in the country... The problem is that my cousin is hell bent on marrying her and he said no body can stop him...Imagine marrying a girl that is so proud and looks down on a family that is suppose to look down on her but rather they are humble...She is insisting on court marriage ....This lady has zero plans for career, or even plans for her hubby to be a better man than she met him.....My cousin has said he would kill him self if he isn't allowed to marry her, but his Dad has accepted, on the condition that she gets a Bsc, but the girl has said bluntly that she can't even re-write WAEC again let alone destroying her brain for a Bsc program. While his mum has bluntly rejected the marriage plan, saying as a consultant dental surgeons armed with 3 Msc degrees, she can't be a mother- in -law to a stack illiterate with a huge ego....Please I need your advise nairalanders because I don't know if this lady has jazzed my cousin...
.....APART FROM GOD I AM LIKE HIS BIG SISTER AND THE COUSIN HE LOVES MOST..

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by stefanweeks: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2018
Is it ur marriage?

6 Likes

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by lenghtinny(m): 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
That boy needs a flogging deliverance angry

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by MissRaine69(f): 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2018
How on earth is this your problem?
Focus on your life ...and make it better
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
stefanweeks:
Is it ur marriage?

I tire o angry

The ones that got married to graduates and living in misery all over Lagos nko?

He knows what he sees in her. The op should stay off.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by MissRaine69(f): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
lenghtinny:
That boy needs a flogging deliverance angry
Why?
His choice he is intelligent enough to know he is stupid.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by marvin906(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
dude why drinking panadol for another man headache..
haven't you heard one man's meat is another man poison..
the good you don't see in her your cousin see's it..
oga let him be.
you can't judge a good wife by her education..

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by lexy070(m): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by lenghtinny(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
MissRaine69:
Why? His choice he is intelligent enough to know he is stupid.
What are you trying to say angry He's stupid and that overrules whatever intelligence he has left in him....

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by LordIsaac(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
He has a right to be disturbed. This is his family, and when this cousin becomes bankrupt and suicidal, the onus would be on this hitherto caring and worried guy to be there for him too. So, fight it till it happens....and when it does, and he hits the rock, tell him, "I told you so" and walk away. Prevention is always better than cure!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Harrynight(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
who said only graduates can make a good wife?
And who said the guy can't brush her up?

BusyBody� tongue
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by makydebbie(f): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2018
Some people don't know the health benefits of minding ones business. Chai we need a health blogger to help us.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
efesodje:

I tire o >sad

The ones that got married to graduates and living in misery all over Lagos nko?

He knows what he sees in her. The op should stay off.
Personally i love the lady and off course she is beautiful, my cousin is also handsome and I think they will make cute kids. I am angry because a lady that hasn't entered the family legally is bluntly rejecting her fathers in law offer to study, and I think its highly disrespectful...If I were to be in her shoes since I know the guys father is some how considerate compare to the mum...I will agree I will run the program if I truly love the family and Incase I can't complete it, they will know at least I attempted to please them.....I was there live and direct in their living room when the lady was invited by my uncle to talk about her education plans but she said she isn't going to school again and she won't write waec again...And that if the boy family don't like her, she has toasters outside because her market isn't bad...Imagine a WAEC holder with 2 and a half credit responding to a formal permanent secretary and a consultant dental surgeon in dat manner....What an insult! Hmmm parents' go through alot of humiliation because of some children that have decided to eat in the dustbin rather than use a golden plate presented to them....

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Godwinfury(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
It's simple, take him to Dibia with 1 live goat, 2 red fowl, 5 pieces of kolanuts, 1 bottle of schnapps, 1 keg of 10 liters palmwine, and a keg of palm oil for his cleansing, it's obvious the girl have tied him down with something.

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mind ya business.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by shakespere: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
So people with waec cert have no rights , and no opinion especially if they are talking to people with 4 MSC Lol.

She probably knows school is not for her, why waste time, same person may excel in business.

The only part I dont like is toasters part, I am guessing she had been provoked and called an illiterate to her face.

Waec cert no be illiterate again, how many of your presidents are going graduates
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
shakespere:
So people with waec cert have no rights , and no opinion especially if they are talking to people with 4 MSC Lol.

She probably knows school is not for her, why waste time, same person may excel in business.

The only part I dont like is toasters part, I am guessing she had been provoked and called an illiterate to her face.

Waec cert no be illiterate again, how many of your presidents are going graduates
.....Lolz with 2credits?..I even tried to hype her by calling her a WAEC holder, because 2credit is equivalent to not having a WAEC certificate. Even School of bokoharam in sambisa forest won't admit any one with 2credits lolz...But on a serious note, she is very beautiful and light skinned and I know my cousin can't do without light skinned girls..But her character is zero, she is too care free with words no minding if what she is saying is toxic or not to elders
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
The problem is you equate success in terms of academic achievements. For the lady to be as outspoken and bold as she is should tell you that she has many other things going for her.

Success comes in many shades and colors and a person's educational qualification is not the truest harbinger of success.

It is not marriage my bros -- stop giving unsolicited advise.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
KOPT55:
The problem is you equate success in terms of academic achievements. For the lady to be as outspoken and bold as she is should tell you that she has many other things going for her.

Success comes in many shades and colors and a person's educational qualification is not the truest harbinger of success.

It is not marriage my bros -- stop giving unsolicited advise.
...Got you point..But his family are quite disappointed because they place priority on education, according to his mum she said they wouldn't have spent millions of naira sending him to London for his LLM degree if they had known he would want to marry this kind of girl..And now they are feeling that their only son wanna pay them back with ingratitude by marrying a girl far below the family academic pedigree and also threatening them with suicide if they object to his wish....
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by MhizAJ(f): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
As far as i'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that lady

If she's talked to calmly without any form of pride i'm sure she will adjust and begin to develop herself

I think you guys are making her see education as a big deal in that relationship and it's beginning to have a lot of effect on her hence her behaviour

I can't tell you to stay out of your cousin's business cause he's part of your family but it's not wrong to fall in love with an illiterate so you gotta respect his decision as long as he's happy and as long they can have interesting conversations and discuss anything they like..

Afterall It's not the certificate that will make the marriage work

All i see is a courageous woman that can't be intimidated easily

She has piercings and all that doesn't make her a bad girl
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by don4real18(m): 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
He has eaten it... Believe me when I say your cousin has eaten kobnomi grin

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
MhizAJ:
As far as i'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that lady

If she's talked to calmly without any form of pride i'm sure she will adjust and begin to develop herself

I think you guys are making her see education as a big deal in that relationship and it's beginning to have a lot of effect on her hence her behaviour

I can't tell you to stay out of your cousin's business cause he's part of your family but it's not wrong to fall in love with an illiterate so you gotta respect his decision as long as he's happy and as long they can have interesting conversations and discuss anything they like..

Afterall It's not the certificate that will make the marriage work

All i see is a courageous woman that can't be intimidated easily

She has piercings and all that doesn't make her a bad girl
...I can't stay out of his matter o, because he listens to me more than his parents...I am even the middle person in this issue, because his parents are looking up to me to convince him and he is looking up to me to convince his parents, so you can see I am sitting on the fence.....I am even trying to see reasons on how I can convince my uncle and his wife to allow my cousin marry her. But how ever the more I try to see the good side of her, the more she display her bad side as if she doesn't care if the marriage doesn't hold..Yes she has a past and my cousin confessed to me that he met her at a club at new heaven in Enugu when he was in UNN and i am not judging her based on her past, because everyone has a past...He said since he slept with her he feels pity for the girls family and he wants to help uplift them, I am not against him helping them o, he gave his full one month salary to the girls family, this my cousin has not bought a single 10 naira pure water for his parents that sent him to the UK for his LLM degree and also got him a job In the legal dept of a multinational company ......I am just confused self and I don't even know what to do concerning this matter but all eyes are on me.

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2018
don4real18:
He has eaten it... Believe me when I say your cousin has eaten kobnomi grin
...That is what his mum is still saying and unfortunately he is the only son.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by don4real18(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Zaronxpanol:
...That is what his mum is still saying and unfortunately he is the only son.
It's curable
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Jman06(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2018
The only problem i see here is the lady's bad attitude. If she actually is as rude as you described then the reason for rejecting her should be on that ground.

As for her not being a graduate and all that, that shouldn't count because what matters most in marriage is the couple's peace of mind.
However, for your uncle to ignore all her rudeness to even his parents and her vehement refusal to further her education, it is crystal clear that he is infatuated with the lady's looks. This calls for concerns because if he proceeds with the marriage, sooner than later he would get tired of her body and may start asking for those qualities he ignored ab initio and problems would set in.

So op, i will suggest that you sit him down and talk to him. Let him know that if he proceeds to marry that lady just because of her looks he would one day get tired of that body and start desiring for those good qualities a lady should possess. Tell him know that he is a disappointment to learned men for allowing infatuation becloud his reasoning like a teenage boy.
Just do your best but if he insists, let him be. He would be the one to bear the consequences later.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Jman06:
The only problem i see here is the lady's bad attitude. If she actually is as rude as you described then the reason for rejecting her should be on that ground.

As for her not being a graduate and all that, that shouldn't count because what matters most in marriage is the couple's peace of mind.
However, for your uncle to ignore all her rudeness to even his parents and her vehement refusal to further her education, it is crystal clear that he is infatuated with the lady's looks. This calls for concerns because if he proceeds with the marriage, sooner than later he would get tired of her body and may start asking for those qualities he ignored ab initio and problems would set in.

So op, i will suggest that you sit him down and talk to him. Let him know that if he proceeds to marry that lady just because of her looks he would one day get tired of that body and start desiring for those good qualities a lady should possess. Tell him know that he is a disappointment to learned men for allowing infatuation becloud his reasoning like a teenage boy.
Just do your best but if he insists, let him be. He would be the one to bear the consequences later.
Thank you very much....I was also suspecting infatuation.

1 Like

Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Oyenike01(f): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2018
belly ring, slapped him, all nah to spoil the girl finish make we for say e bad, what's your own? is it your marriage?
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by gunners160(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2018
LordIsaac:
He has a right to be disturbed. This is his family, and when this cousin becomes bankrupt and suicidal, the onus would be on this hitherto caring and worried guy to be there for him too. So, fight it till it happens....and when it does, and he hits the rock, tell him, "I told you so" and walk away. Prevention is always better than cure!
top much English with no sense in it is just a waste of time and ink....
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 10:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Oyenike01:
belly ring, slapped him, all nah to spoil the girl finish make we for say e bad, what's your own? is it your marriage?
..I am not spoiling any body, I am just trying to be objective without mincing words.
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 10:59pm On Mar 01, 2018
Please all I need more response. .....1.........If you are to be in the parent shoes, who are well educated, holding such top public positions and after giving your son the best of education both in naija and London, including securing a multinational job for him, and your son is now coming home with a rude illiterate girl, how will you feel? .......2......... If you are in my cousin's shoes, after all the exposure you had both in naija and London, you have seen it all but your heart goes for an illiterate in Enugu, how will you feel if your parents are opposed to the marriage? .........3................. if you are in this girls shoes and the family you want to get married to, despise you because they feel their education/ societal status is too high for you to come in and break the ranks ? And now they are giving you condition to enrol for a Bsc before you can marry their son. How will you feel?
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Raydans: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Nothing irritates me more than a rude girl. Maybe your cousin hasn't reached the promise land yet, or can't get enough of her, reasons for the infatuation.

If am your cousin I won't marry her, I will just continue to enjoy her but keep on helping her in every way I can with cash, IQ and personal development. I will make sure am impactful in her life.

The fact that she is rude and not submissive to my family is a huge turn off no matter how pretty she is. Worst of it all is she is even threatening me with her toasters outside. I am just gonna enjoy my moment with her. finish matter! Then let her go and meet those her toasters that are outside..

If she submit herself, admit and shows the zeal to learn. Then I might consider marriage Irregardless of her education or background
Re: Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. by Zaronxpanol(f): 12:52am On Mar 02, 2018
@Raydans thank you very much, we share same thought, her rudeness is one of the major turn off. Imagine not only been rude to my cousin but also his father who is my uncle...The only reason his dad is just been patient is because he is the only son...But as for his mum, she is unperturbed if he commit suicide or not. She has vowed over her dead body, not to be a mother in law to a rude illiterate lady and that as a Dental surgeon, she cannot share OMUGO with an okpa seller...The girls mum sells okpa at Enugu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady On Twitter Shows Off The Money She Makes From Stripping After Doing This.. / My Best Friend Is Sleeping With My Sister Just To Fund My Marriage / Can God Ask You To Marry Someone You Don't Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.