Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 (7906 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Called By Pompeo, US Secretary Of State / President Buhari Receives Rex Tillerson, US Secretary Of State In Aso Villa / Rex Tillerson Arrives Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by MRAKBEE(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2018
United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is expected to visit Nigeria and four other African countries from March 6 to 13, the US Department of State has said.
Spokesperson for the Department Ms Heather Nauert said Tillerson would also travel to Addis Ababa, Djibouti, Nairobi and N’Djamena.
During his visit to Abuja, Tillerson is expected to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari and other top government functionaries.
Nauert said: “On his first official trip to Africa, Secretary Rex Tillerson will travel to N’Djamena, Chad; Djibouti, Djibouti; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Nairobi, Kenya and Abuja, Nigeria, March 6-13, 2018.
“The U.S. Secretary o State will meet with leadership in each country, as well as the leadership of the African Union Commission based in Addis Ababa.
“This is to further our partnerships with the governments and people of Africa. “In particular, he plans to discuss ways we can work with our partners to counter terrorism, advance peace and security, promote good governance, and spur mutually beneficial trade and investment.” During his trip, Tillerson will also meet with the US Embassy personnel and participate in events related to US government-supported activities.
http://sunnewsonline.com/us-secretary-of-state-tillerson-visits-nigeria-march-6/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by MRAKBEE(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Austindark(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Good news to have oyibo in our land. But as long as America is involved, It will always involve a shady mission. Especially after calling Nigeria a sh*t hole country.

I fear another armed group may rise after the visit.

3 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Nairalanddist: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Damage control by the Trump administration after calling African countries a shit hole. I wish president Buhari can shun the Americans and look towards China and Russia for trade and support. America under trump has been reduced to bigotry and rascality. Only the unpatriotic igbos agree with Trump that our dear country is a shit hole. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by HateIslam: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2018
Discuss terrorism with a Terrorist shocked

9 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by simonlee(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2018
He's highly welcome

Friendly advice to him, stay clear off animals (esp. snakes and monkeys) grin grin grin

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by mmb(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2018
Good news.

Buhari well done. Carrygo till 2023 insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by olex88: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2018
We need trump not the Secretary
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Paschal001: 11:58am On Mar 02, 2018
M
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Lilimax(f): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2018
Hoping there wont be last minute change of mind due to insecurity in Nigeria embarassed

4 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by mmb(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2018
olex88:
We need trump not the Secretary
wailer spotted.

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by SaAbbas(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2018
He's not welcome

We want shithole trump visit
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Ellabae(f): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2018
They should provide him with adequate security.
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by uwajeh(m): 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2018
Rex Tillerson not Alex Tillerson
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by clevadani: 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2018
When did Rex Tillerson turn to Alex Tillerson?

4 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by seangy4konji: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2018
how it take affect us?
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by naptu2: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2018
I wonder if they'll take over the airport like they did when George Shultz visited in 1987.
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by bedspread: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2018
Wonderful!! Let The USA come and see clearly the sort of Shi...t of a Leader we have and the Shi...t hole mess all over the nation

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Yankee101: 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2018
At last.

From giant of Africa to...dwarf.

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by ipobarecriminals: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2018
cool welcome to
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Lovren(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
At least one govt official will become "emergency millionaire" because of this visit..

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by bedspread: 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Damage control by the Trump administration after calling African countries a shit hole. I wish president Buhari can shun the Americans and look towards China and Russia for trade and support. America under trump has been reduced to bigotry and rascality. Only the unpatriotic igbos agree with Trump that our dear country is a shit hole. sad
Why DECIEVE yourself !!! What we have on Ground , is it not Much more than a Shi.....t Hole??

3 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by LushGreenz: 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
uwajeh:
Rex Tillerson not Alex Tillerson
I tire oo. I wonder what moderators do beside hunting for snake threads

1 Like

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Nukilia: 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Damage control by the Trump administration after calling African countries a shit hole.[s] I wish president Buhari can shun the Americans and look towards China and Russia for trade and support. America under trump has been reduced to bigotry and rascality. Only the unpatriotic igbos agree with Trump that our dear country is a shit hole[/s]. sad
Trump doesn't give a f*xk about what you think of him. He is making is country great!

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by HateIslam: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
[s]
Nairalanddist:
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Nairalanddist:
Lol, only if you know how desperate Buhari is for the visit, as it would give a fillip to his failing government. We're literally gonna give Tillerson a state banquet. And pls out it with the damage control BS, a beggar has not much of a choice.

4 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
Its also sad that on the front burner of discussions would be terrorism ish. Nigeria is in the same bracket with countries like Somalia, Sudan, and Syria, when we should be discussing tech and economic deals

2 Likes

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by MrMystrO(m): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
Rex Tillerson coming over to Protect his interests in Exxon mobil. Of course our Current Nigerian Leaders will continue to indulge him, As long as its also in their own interests, They don't mind... at the end of the day, The interests of the people Comes Last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by id4sho(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2018
naptu2:
I wonder if they'll take over the airport like they did when George Shultz visited in 1987.
how
Re: US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 by maxiuc(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2018
grin

Why denying me visa I just don't know

Abeg make God intervene oooooo

USA I must go

Louisiana

Texas
California

(1) (2) (Reply)

Narcotic Forfeiture: PDP Seeks Court Order To Declare Tinubu Ineligible / Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu / Stop Fraudulent Use Of Ekiti Funds – Fayemi Warns Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.