Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu (7909 Views)

No Student Will Drop Out Again, Says Tinubu / Tony Aziegbemi: APC Crisis Making Edo Ungovernable / Obasanjo Slams Buhari Again, Says President Is Sick In The Spirit, Body And Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by BleedingPen: 2:00am On Oct 01, 2023
Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, has declared that his boss, Governor Godwin Obaseki is poised to making Edo great again and finishing strong as their second tenure gradually winds up November next year.

This was as the Deputy Governor appealed to both the young and elderly, to continue to pray for the Obaseki administration to end well and finish strong, as the 2024 Edo Governorship Election gathers momentum.

Shaibu stated this in his congratulatory message to Nigerians, particularly Edo people at home and in the diaspora on the auspicious occasion of Nigeria’s 63rd independence anniversary on Sunday.

Nigeria attained independence from Britain, its colonial master on October 1, 1960.

Shaibu said, “It is my utmost delight to congratulate Nigerians, particularly Edo people, both at home and in the diaspora on this auspicious occasion of our nation’s independence celebration anniversary.

“Indeed, it has been 63 eventful years of Nigeria’s freedom from Britain, our colonial masters.

“No doubt, as a nation of diverse people with multiple socio-cultural, traditional beliefs, we have grappled with the challenges of a developing country like ours over the years.

“However, as a great people bound together by destiny, we have learnt to live together as brothers and sisters in our collective quest at fulfilling the dreams of our founding fathers.

“Yes, Nigerians, including our dear Edo people, are presently confronted with the negative effects of high cost of living, hyper-inflation, insecurity and other social vices, l am absolutely confident that we shall overcome these challenging times.

“Let me admonish our people to remain strong, steadfast and resolute in prayers for Nigeria and indeed, Edo State, especially for our leaders at both national and state levels.

“As for us, Edo people, permit me to passionately appeal to both the young and elderly, to continue to pray for the present administration to end well and finish strong.

“As the 2024 Edo Governorship Election gathers momentum as announced by the electoral umpire, INEC, let us bear in mind that we have no other state than our beautiful and glorious Edo.

“Therefore, we must consciously promote peace and order for the sustainable development of our dear Edo State.

“In the last seven years, Edo has witnessed accelerated progress and development, courtesy of our Governor, my elder brother, Mr Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki who is determined to Making Edo Great Again.

“As we celebrate today, may the good Lord perfect all that concerns us as one strong, united and indivisible nation.

“Long live Nigeria, God bless Edo State”, Shaibu added.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/10/01/independence-day-obaseki-poised-to-making-edo-great-again-says-deputy-gov-shaibu-metrowatch/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by BleedingPen: 2:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy Independence Day!!!
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Goodoldays(m): 4:25am On Oct 01, 2023
Edo men too wowo abeg

Useless country at 63

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by AntiChristian: 4:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Only useless people would call their country useless!

Only animals would call the country they originated from zoo!

I will never use the left hand to describe Nigeria!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by nony43(m): 4:31am On Oct 01, 2023
B
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by BayLord01(m): 4:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Obaseki should stop intimidating his Deputy.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by U09ce: 4:32am On Oct 01, 2023
I have never seen or heard of any major project commissioned by Obaseki. A big disappointment

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by kenbee(f): 4:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Is it coming from your heart? Or just because you have settled your political differences?

4 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Mummyimbecile(m): 4:35am On Oct 01, 2023
AntiChristian:
Only useless people would call their country useless!

Only animals would call the country they originated from zoo!

I will never use the left hand to describe Nigeria!
it is obvious you don't know your root, and that makes you a fool and an idiot at the same time.

Who created Nigeria in the first place? Now, as the idiot that you are, I advised you google that and know your root.

Black monkey!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by SafariHunter(m): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2023
Shaibu reaffirmed something I have always believed you in 🐐

"It is good to try but know thy enemy and select thy battle least you become a joke at the end"

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by 123yes(m): 4:39am On Oct 01, 2023
Fake politicians. Because you just settled with him.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by humberjade: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2023
A**licking extraordinaire! grin

The mutual suspicion between both will never go away, going forward, it's going to be cold War. Wait until the end of their term and watch Shaibu go ballistic. grin

4 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by EDOSBROWN: 4:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigeria is a failed country, I don't know why they fought for indepence, only to abuse it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by LandMann: 4:47am On Oct 01, 2023
All roads leading into and out of edo are a complete write-off apart from Lagos road and this fool of a deputy is hailing Obaseki after being armtwisted and shut out of government activities for overprojecting his political ambition.

6 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Felaincarnated: 4:47am On Oct 01, 2023
Na y dem resemble dia artifacts
Goodoldays:
Edo men too wowo abeg

Useless country at 63

5 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by HRMK: 4:47am On Oct 01, 2023
lillylivered!

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by handie(m): 5:02am On Oct 01, 2023
If we're this hearing Will make Edo great again after 7 years and only 1 year to the end of his administration, then problem dey. What magic does he want to perform now?

8 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by handie(m): 5:05am On Oct 01, 2023
Goodoldays:
Edo men too wowo abeg

Useless country at 63
I been wan reply you o. But I can guess the part of the country you're from and honestly, you people are always known to be very bitter. So, na your bitterness erode the small sense wey u get. You deserve no response. Sha know say I be Edo man and you nor fine reach me. If you doubt, I go allow you use AI edit your picture then still come follow me drag. Flat headed nincompoop

11 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by DJInfluence: 5:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Dem don give this one him office back? 🤣.
Yeye and shameless group these politicians.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Oscarchims: 5:24am On Oct 01, 2023
Politics involves pretence, backbiting and betrayal. Especially in the Nigerian context.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Propsvillalist: 5:38am On Oct 01, 2023
After over 63 years of Independence Nigeria is getting worst everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by raskymonojendor: 6:04am On Oct 01, 2023
Lol. No originality. 'Make "xxxxx" great again' is Trump's slogan.

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Kingray10: 6:05am On Oct 01, 2023
I call this ASS-LICKING
why didn't he not say this before settlement..
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by nairavsdollars(f): 6:11am On Oct 01, 2023
Eye service

1 Like

Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by Promismike(m): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by meditator(m): 6:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Goodoldays:
Edo men too wowo abeg

Useless country at 63
useless produces uselessness. Does that make you and your parents useless ?
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by kuntash: 6:37am On Oct 01, 2023
He don chop breakfast las Las
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by livenija: 6:38am On Oct 01, 2023
N wat was he doing b4
Re: Independence Day: Obaseki Committed To Making Edo Great Again, Says Shaibu by oyeb15: 6:48am On Oct 01, 2023
After like 6years, you are still campaigning.

Democracy is just a waste of time for d masses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos / Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference / Updates: Lagos Light Rail (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.