Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh (39686 Views)

Rice Mills In Nigeria Closedown After India’s Ban On Rice Exports / FG To Set Up Cashew Processing Plants In Four States — Ogbeh / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by funsho79: 3:13am On Mar 03, 2018
Nebuzaradan:
all these fake yerobas sef
do you know that yeroba Muslims are not real yerobas?

Will you just shut that gutter of a mouth with your divisive mentality! What has Yoruba Muslim/Christian got to do with this. Ogun kee you there for trying to cause disharmony. Omo ewure!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Jessam: 3:29am On Mar 03, 2018
Audu Ogbeh is an incompetent minister and human being. such rubbish, has Nigerian then seen an equivalent increase in employment figures as the increased unemployment of 1.2% experienced by Thailand as his claim is that Nigeria is the cause of this rise in unemployment there, meaning Nigeria must be taking their rice paddy jobs. This man should be touring farms across the country, speaking to farmers rather he boasts about the so called reduction of sales in another country rather than telling us what Nigeria export sales. How many serious farm visit videos have you seen of this minister.

I dare you, Mr Audu Ogbeh to contact Jessam farms, here's our international directors email jessamfarms@hotmail.com lets see if you care

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by lagbaja(m): 3:33am On Mar 03, 2018
I applaud the efforts of the Buhari administration in growing that local rice production. However I do not allude to the hallucinations and fantacies being propagated by the minister. These lies should stop. Contrary to his claim, Rice imports from Thailand have actually increased by about 20% between 2016 and 2017. Here is the data presented below.

1. 98% of rice imported into Benin is destined from Nigeria. 95% of imported rice into Nigeria is smuggled from Benin. The import figure for Rice on the link below shows that Rice exports from Thailand to Benin increased from 1.4million metric tons to 1.8million metric tons. Though the export figure for Nigeria drops from 600k metric tons to 23k metric tons. This shows that our rice imports have actually increased and smuggling through the borders is on the rise where as rice imports through Nigerian ports have reduced. We are loosing import tax revenue and we are deceiving ourselves that we are self sufficient in rice production.

http://www.thairiceexporters.or.th/export%20by%20country%202017.html

2. It is not true that unemployment in Thailand is on the increase . Reverse is the case. See attached data.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by hokafor(m): 3:39am On Mar 03, 2018
And his clueless master will believe this too. Show us this in practical terms go to any retailer of rice and check which rice is on display Nigerian or foreign rice
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by chuksjuve(m): 4:03am On Mar 03, 2018
Bridget95:
hahahahahhahahha. bros easy, you no go kill me with laugh. lol

My dear, the lie get weight naa undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by chuksjuve(m): 4:04am On Mar 03, 2018
edupedia:

...what is not a lie in IPOOP land?...

Don't worry you have been noticed !!

Are you now happy! grin

Cheers
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by BabbanBura(m): 4:10am On Mar 03, 2018
deji17:
Yes o. Many other countries will soon join Thailand. By 2019, countries that we import PMS and other petroleum products from, will have to be looking elsewhere for their market

Nigeria is no longer helping their economies while our own people are unemployed. Also countries where we import fertilizer from as well. Textile industry to follow.
This is a revolution that is long overdue.
Make Nigeria great Again (MANGA)

pls what is the source of the data on this your plot? Mind sharing with us?
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by deji17: 4:19am On Mar 03, 2018
lagbaja:
I applaud the efforts of the Buhari administration in growing that local rice production. However I do not allude to the hallucinations and fantacies being propagated by the minister. These lies should stop. Contrary to his claim, Rice imports from Thailand have actually increased by about 20% between 2016 and 2017. Here is the data presented below.

1. 98% of rice imported into Benin is destined from Nigeria. 95% of imported rice into Nigeria is smuggled from Benin. The import figure for Rice on the link below shows that Rice exports from Thailand to Benin increased from 1.4million metric tons to 1.8million metric tons. Though the export figure for Nigeria drops from 600k metric tons to 23k metric tons. This shows that our rice imports have actually increased and smuggling through the borders is on the rise where as rice imports through Nigerian ports have reduced. We are loosing import tax revenue and we are deceiving ourselves that we are self sufficient in rice production.

2. It is not true that unemployment in Thailand is on the increase . Reverse is the case. See attached data.

1. The Minister actually made reference to the smuggling coming from neighbouring countries in his speech:

The minister, however, alerted the nation on what he described as alarming smuggling of fake fertilizer and rice along the western borders of the country.

He, therefore, called on the Federal Government to take drastic measures to check the trend as all previous diplomatic measures had failed to address the menace.

“But one last request Mr President, we have to take one strong measure against our neighbour to the West. The smuggling is really compromising our capacity on our result.

“Too much rice, too much fake fertilizer is still coming across the borders into this country in spite of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) we have with them they are not listening.

“Maybe if the Federal Government take one tough action, they will come and renegotiate the terms because good neighbourliness means reciprocity.

“We can’t be allowing them to survive at our own expense and I believe that we will do something about it,’’ he said.

2. On the rate of unemployment in Thailand, Audu Ogbeh was referring to what he was told by the Thai's ambassador to Nigeria. Also, if you look at 4 years historical data of Thai's unemployment figure, you will notice that it has generally gone up from about 0.9% in 2014 to 1.3% in 2017. Maybe this 0.4% increase is what the Thais ambassador and the Minister were referring to.

We don't necessarily have to start calling each others liars and playing politics with everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by deji17: 4:36am On Mar 03, 2018
BabbanBura:

pls what is the source of the data on this your plot? Mind sharing with us?

Here is the link:

https://www.thecable.ng/infographic-drastic-drop-thailands-rice-export-nigeria

The graph is right but curiously the importation of rice from Thailand to republic of Benin has also gone up significantly.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Bitterleafsoup: 4:38am On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:

See how the price of bread changed with your opinion?

Shame shame shame!!!!

Thailand expects to export more than 11 million tons of rice in 2017, the country’s rice export association said on Wednesday (27/12), a record high for the world’s second-biggest exporter of the grain.

“This year it should be 11.2 million tons because right now the commerce ministry’s figures for January to November are at 10.4 million tons already and for December it will definitely … be around 700,000 to 800,000 tons,” Chookiat Ophaswongse, honorary president of the Thai Rice Exporters Association, told Reuters on Wednesday.

Thai rice prices were also in line with that of competitors, he said, which helped exports in 2017.

“This year will be a record high. We have never reached 11 million tons,” he said. “But still, we exported less than India.”

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Bitterleafsoup: 4:41am On Mar 03, 2018
lagbaja:

Actually export of rice was at a record high in 2017. I wonder why they think we won't fact check?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by ajl: 5:13am On Mar 03, 2018
neezar:
This old man should stop saying rubbish

I have been eating Thailand rice for a while now

Because you are still eating Thailand rice does not mean it's a recent import. Could have been storage.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by jimjemo: 5:32am On Mar 03, 2018
Release the video of the conversation for confirmation of your claims , we believe in evidence not just words of the mouth !
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 03, 2018
LocalChamp:
Posted By: Agency Reporter On: March 2, 2018
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr Audu Ogbeh says Thailand has accused Nigeria of being responsible for the collapse of its seven rice mills following the drastic fall in rice importation from the country.

NAN

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-responsible-for-collapse-of-our-rice-mills-thailand/

angry angry angry

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by abouzaid: 5:48am On Mar 03, 2018
deji68:
grin grin grin grin grin grin big lie

Thailand exported a record 11.48 million tonnes of rice in 2017, the commerce ministry said on Wednesday.

The amount, which surpassed the previous record of 10.96 million tonnes in 2014, was worth over US$5.1 billion, said Adul Chotinisakorn, deputy chief of the commerce ministry's department of foreign trade.

Thailand, the world's second-biggest rice exporter after India, is expected to ship out 9.5 million tonnes of rice worth US$4.7 billion this year.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/energy-commodities/thailands-2017-rice-exports-hit-record-1148-million-tonnes
God bless you for exposing that liar.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Teymanhenry(f): 6:10am On Mar 03, 2018
this is quite frustraing because d cost of rice is still high... even though it's produced locally
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Abdulazeez007(m): 6:16am On Mar 03, 2018
NaijaMutant:

I used to consider you intelligent but never knew you were this simple undecided

I was actually reading to see where any Thailand official made that statement so I can start celebrating, only to see a failure like Audi Ogbeh making bogus claims

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Ahmeduana(m): 6:17am On Mar 03, 2018
BECAUSE OF ALL 210 COUNTRIES IN WHOLE WIDE WORLD IS ONLY NIGERIA THAT IS PATRONIZING THAILAND
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by michelKalib(m): 6:18am On Mar 03, 2018
chuksjuve:
angry
Make una fear God naaa

We know you want to praise buhari and massage his deflated ego, but this lie is so glaring that it reeks of sycophancy..

Even devil will be shocked and marvel at the way Lai Mohammed has influenced every members of this administration with ground breaking and breath taking lies...

Oga Audu this is a big lie..

Don't ever try it again!!!!

I really appreciate the comment, and thank you for participating!
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by OAFMods: 6:20am On Mar 03, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Does these people fear God at all?
Do not does, take note.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by crackhouse(m): 6:30am On Mar 03, 2018
I hardly see local rice in the market. All I see everyday is foreign rice, yet this man still want me to believe that importation of rice have dropped by 95%.
@70 or more this man have not start making efforts on making it to heaven? Or is lying no longer a sin?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by es144000: 6:34am On Mar 03, 2018
Why do our government officials lie a lot.Yes importation through the ports is down 95percent but coming through benin republic, do a search on Thai export of. Rice and you will see this fact.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by Iceberg3: 6:36am On Mar 03, 2018
maclatunji:
Self-appointed Haters: It is a lie.

Me: Of course, your entire world is a lie.

Hungry mod without portfoliogrin
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by pedel: 6:39am On Mar 03, 2018
You calculate based on employ able percentage of the population: minus children and old people.
How many of the 70 millions are under the age of 16 and over the age of 65?

By the way, I am not defending the politician, they lie for a living. I am just helping you to get your metrics right against another time.

doctokwus:

This is the most pathetic lie I have heard this year.
Thailand is a country of about 70million people and Ogbeh is stupidly claiming that because of reduced rice importation alone from Nigeria alone,about 2million Thais have been rendered jobless!
I am not annoyed with this lie,I only feel sympathy for how Ogbeh at about 70yrs or so can make a mockery of himself with such lie that a kindergarten child able to read and write will feel ashamed of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by olalat(m): 6:43am On Mar 03, 2018
es144000:
Why do our government officials lie a lot.Yes importation through the ports is down 95percent but coming through benin republic, do a search on Thai export of. Rice and you will see this fact.
only if many of you can read and understand at the same time. You would have known the appropriate comment to make. Please read over again. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by teflonjake(m): 6:47am On Mar 03, 2018
That table you are shaking has lies on it
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by chngebeginwthme: 6:48am On Mar 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
Nigerian rice importation has fallen by 95 percent cheesy grin..tell us another lie we don't know ...Where are these large rice paddies located please ?

Please try sell your generation properties and go use the money import rice from Thailand.. Hamid Ali will be waiting for you at seaport..
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by mekonglobal(m): 6:52am On Mar 03, 2018
deji68:
grin grin grin grin grin grin big lie

Thailand exported a record 11.48 million tonnes of rice in 2017, the commerce ministry said on Wednesday.

The amount, which surpassed the previous record of 10.96 million tonnes in 2014, was worth over US$5.1 billion, said Adul Chotinisakorn, deputy chief of the commerce ministry's department of foreign trade.

Thailand, the world's second-biggest rice exporter after India, is expected to ship out 9.5 million tonnes of rice worth US$4.7 billion this year.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/energy-commodities/thailands-2017-rice-exports-hit-record-1148-million-tonnes
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by charidot(m): 6:55am On Mar 03, 2018
You don't argue everything bros. There is serious cultivation and harvesting of rice in my state, Benue. A tin of rice in Benue state is now 2,200 naira against the price it rose to during the Jonathan administration. It rose up to 6,000 naira
FarahAideed:
Nigerian rice importation has fallen by 95 percent cheesy grin..tell us another lie we don't know ...Where are these large rice paddies located please ?
Re: Nigeria Responsible For Collapse Of Rice Mills In Thailand - Audu Ogbeh by AnanseK(m): 6:55am On Mar 03, 2018
chuksjuve:
angry
Make una fear God
We know you want to praise buhari and massage his deflated ego, but this lie is so glaring that it reeks of sycophancy..
Even devil will be shocked and marvel at the way Lai Mohammed has influenced every members of this administration with ground breaking and breath taking lies...
Oga Audu this is a big lie..
Don't ever try it again!!!!

Wailers will continue to wail, but PMB will continue his working until 2023.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / Check Out This Massive Bunch of Banana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.