Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Grace And Our Offerings As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace And Our Offerings As Christians (3769 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Lyoncrescent: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2018
It is common in some churches notably some Pentecostal churches I have personally attended where a pastor will say something like, I need twenty people to raise 1 million Naira each and the twenty people come out. In some other cases, it is more like a countdown like from 1 million to 500 thousand to 100 thousand then stop at maybe 10 thousand. Some other churches also give recognition to members based on their monetary contribution to the church.

Money as a material item can also be gotten outside the blessings of GOD. The devil is more than capable to also bless one financially .Thus one might steal and contribute to the church and as such we need to be able to distinguish what giving is all about. It is ideal that the heart of a Christian be strengthened and established by grace and not by foods and monetary contribution which can also come from illegal sources.
New Testament giving focuses on the entire body of Christ and not just the pastors and priests compared to Old Testament giving which focuses mainly on priests.

The emphasis in all our offerings as Christians is the Grace of our lord Jesus Christ in the heart of the giver. The size, quality or quantity of the giving is irrelevant. What is relevant in giving is the grace of GOD at work in the giver. The grace of God in a man’s heart will cause a man to see giving as a privilege and it will not cause one to be ashamed to give anything no matter how small. Thus when a pastor starts a countdown for donation and stops at 10,000 Naira that means he is assuming anything less than 10,000 is not acceptable by GOD. Whereas in the face of GOD, the person contributing 10 Naira having done so with true grace and dedication may be accepted more by GOD than the one who donated millions without grace but how many pastors recognize the 10 Naira when they stop most of their offering collections at thousands of Naira ?.

Who says every offering we give has to be in monetary contributions? When we collect offerings in some of our churches from millionaires and celebrate them and give them all kind of recognition while neglecting church members who arrive early to sweep the church as what they can offer then we actually disdain the lord. The true purpose of GOD is not to actually build a church of just millionaires. His purpose is to build men and women full of Grace. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves.” The only way any of us can enter into a relationship with God is because of His grace toward us.

All in All, the greatest offering one can give the Lord is to release his or her life selflessly in service to GOD and the body of Christ. This is easier said than done. To give yourself in service to GOD and to let go of the pleasures of this world takes true dedication and Grace. The devil is more than capable to make one a millionaire or billionaire, the different in the devils billionaire and the True Christian billionaire is Grace.

The apostle Paul began many of his letters with the phrase, "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 1:1; 1 Corinthians 1:3). God is the instigator of grace, and it is from Him that all other grace flows.
The critical success factor in giving offering and christian living is Grace and not show off.

May the Lord help us and his Church. Amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Lyoncrescent: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2018
OAM4J
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by BeingFrank(m): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Please permit me to digress a bit from the topic, though the message is as important as the topic. How many of us here have noticed that you are not allowed to comment or contribute to an islamic post on Nairaland, without confirming that u are a muslim, and that confirmation sent to ur profile? But Christian's threads are more or less a normal thread, where anybody or anything can invade and comment or insult the faith. I'm sending this message to the owner of this blog. The govt, is doing its best to silent Christianity, Christians using their data on this blog should also be given that regards and respect. I enjoin Christians on this forum to also press against the injustice on this blog, Nairaland maybe one of the most visited sites in Nigeria, but when injustice eats into the the centre of any establishment, its collapse is inevitable.

21 Likes

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Narldon: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2018
Cool
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by MhizzAJ(f): 9:26am On Mar 04, 2018
Okay
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by oPPOSEE: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2018
In this part of the world, The size, the quality and the QUANTITY matters a lot.
If you doubt me ask DADDY.

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Masterdeking(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2018
exactly

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by rawtouch: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2018
has to bee given freewill if not its just a showoff..

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by shallyangel(f): 9:38am On Mar 04, 2018
i hear
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by IME1: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2018
I heard

The pressure of having money to sow this and offer that is what makes many people who say they serve God to do despicable things.
The love of money causes many to commit crime and become desperate and fraudulent in getting money to 'do the things of God!'
What a lie
What a shame
What a ruse

Give cheerfully as you have and as you will.
Remember Ananias
Remember the money changers Jesus drove away from the temple
Remember Zacchueus
Remember the rich fool
Remember Simeon the magician

God and mammoth money cannot go together
You hate one and the other
Friendship with the world (lusts of the flesh, eyes, sensual pleasures and passions, luxuries, etc) is enmity with God.

We are to be sober (not high on drugs, sex, alcohol or sight of money or bodily features- b00bs, 6 packs, fine face and biceps),
vigilant (don't wait till you are getting old or with a terminal sickness to prepare today is or repent or accept Jesus),
watchful (against the popular things of the world that cause the bandwagon effect of everybody's doing it, everybody has it, everybody watches it),
prayerful (not just shaking our heads about bad governance, false preachers, poverty, war, nuclear attack, bbn cheesy, or moral decadence, but pray for a turnaround),
wealthy (give of yourself in your money, properties, talents, time, information, just like the early Christians and the people of God did when building the temple in the old testament, as God wills)

Money answers all things so the Bible says but is not the only verse in it that relates to money. The new testament says, love of money is the root of all evil. Money could not answer our need for salvation, child, health, sense or even love!

Money this money that is what makes young people not run errands without first you settle them
Or public hospital no go treat you until you pay
Or police no fit answer you till you monimobilise them
Or girl no go gree your hand until you give her money
Or... undecided you na

2 Likes

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by cleric(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
BeingFrank:
Please permit me to digress a bit from the topic, though the message is as important as the topic. How many of us here have noticed that you are not allowed to comment or contribute to an islamic post on Nairaland, without confirming that u are a muslim, and that confirmation sent to ur profile? But Christian's threads are more or less a normal thread, where anybody or anything can invade and comment or insult the faith. I'm sending this message to the owner of this blog. The govt, is doing its best to silent Christianity, Christians using their data on this blog should also be given that regards and respect. I enjoin Christians on this forum to also press against the injustice on this blog, Nairaland maybe one of the most visited sites in Nigeria, but when injustice eats into the the centre of any establishment, its collapse is inevitable.

Good point. I observed somethings in the past and as such drastically reduced my visiting NL. It used to be atleast a daily visit for me, but now i may not visit in weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by BeingFrank(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
cleric:

Good point. I observed somethings in the past and as such drastically reduced my visiting NL. It used to be atleast a daily visit for me, but now i may not visit in weeks.
Yea, I Do Feel Uneasy Too, Logging Into Nairaland These Days.

2 Likes

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by jamescross: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2018
BeingFrank:
collapse shocked when the very structure of the nigeria society supports it.
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Lsofdk(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2018
It's saddening the modern day church pays more attention to monetary donations than the salvation of the people(which is paramount). It's the sad truth and it's not changing anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by NnamdiEducamia(m): 10:56am On Mar 04, 2018
BeingFrank:

Christianity is not anchored on restriction, that why it's a genuine and true lifestyle. Salvation is free and we don't discriminate. I love Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by BeingFrank(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2018
jamescross:
collapse shocked when the very structure of the nigeria society supports it.
And Who Occupies The Nigerian Society, Apart 4rm Christians And Muslims. When Another News Site Sees These Flaws On Nairaland And Work On Them, The Christian Population Online Which Is More Than The Later, Will Start Flocking To Where They Are Respected, Comfortable And Valued. In Business, Always Remember That No One Is Indispensible.
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 04, 2018
BeingFrank:
My Brother, U R Right Let's Just Keep Creating This Awareness For Other Christians To Be On The Know. I'll Start Spending My News Hour Online, On Other More Responsible News Sites. As I Told One Dude That Quoted Me, About The Possible Collapse Of Nairaland, "in Business, No One Is Indispensible, Especially Where Injustice Is Welcomed A Norm "
Brother I am always with you

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by djoey89: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
BeingFrank:

good observation, nairaland better fix this, no believe should be superior more than the other. no preferential treatment. it so disgusting. be it atheist, traditionalist. equal playing field

1 Like

Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
It is common in some churches notably some Pentecostal churches I have personally attended where a pastor will say something like, I need twenty people to raise 1 million Naira each and the twenty people come out. In some other cases, it is more like a countdown like from 1 million to 500 thousand to 100 thousand then stop at maybe 10 thousand. Some other churches also give recognition to members based on their monetary contribution to the church.

Money as a material item can also be gotten outside the blessings of GOD. The devil is more than capable to also bless one financially .Thus one might steal and contribute to the church and as such we need to be able to distinguish what giving is all about. It is ideal that the heart of a Christian be strengthened and established by grace and not by foods and monetary contribution which can also come from illegal sources.
New Testament giving focuses on the entire body of Christ and not just the pastors and priests compared to Old Testament giving which focuses mainly on priests.

The emphasis in all our offerings as Christians is the Grace of our lord Jesus Christ in the heart of the giver. The size, quality or quantity of the giving is irrelevant. What is relevant in giving is the grace of GOD at work in the giver. The grace of God in a man’s heart will cause a man to see giving as a privilege and it will not cause one to be ashamed to give anything no matter how small. Thus when a pastor starts a countdown for donation and stops at 10,000 Naira that means he is assuming anything less than 10,000 is not acceptable by GOD. Whereas in the face of GOD, the person contributing 10 Naira having done so with true grace and dedication may be accepted more by GOD than the one who donated millions without grace but how many pastors recognize the 10 Naira when they stop most of their offering collections at thousands of Naira ?.

Who says every offering we give has to be in monetary contributions? When we collect offerings in some of our churches from millionaires and celebrate them and give them all kind of recognition while neglecting church members who arrive early to sweep the church as what they can offer then we actually disdain the lord. The true purpose of GOD is not to actually build a church of just millionaires. His purpose is to build men and women full of Grace. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves.” The only way any of us can enter into a relationship with God is because of His grace toward us.

All in All, the greatest offering one can give the Lord is to release his or her life selflessly in service to GOD and the body of Christ. This is easier said than done. To give yourself in service to GOD and to let go of the pleasures of this world takes true dedication and Grace. The devil is more than capable to make one a millionaire or billionaire, the different in the devils billionaire and the True Christian billionaire is Grace.

The apostle Paul began many of his letters with the phrase, "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 1:1; 1 Corinthians 1:3). God is the instigator of grace, and it is from Him that all other grace flows.
The critical success factor in giving offering and christian living is Grace and not show off.

Religion is a scam.
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
On topic...... sooo on point. But. .... I don't blame these "Pastors".....nor would I label them Christians because they are not. The Bible warned about wolves in sheep's clothing . .... not every man that talk of God is of God.... and to know who is who.... we must be able to discern.... discern by asking ourselves.... what they are saying.....or what they are doing.... is that what the Bible teaches?..is that that what Christ would've said or done? But how can we discern if we don't read the Bible for ourselves but choose to sit and swallow every word that drops from the slimy mouths of these wolves? But...the wolves must prosper because that is in prophecy and prophecy has to be fulfilled.

@having to registered as a Muslim before to comment on a Muslim thread......it is Seun's forum.... he makes the rules...let's not forget that. He can restrict the forum to religious topics relating to Islam only if he so pleases...but no.... he has allowed Christians to post topics of their choice on this his widely viewed forum...abeg..... be grateful and move on.
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Hiswordxray(m): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
Lyoncrescent:

Great write-up, bless you brother
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Rainmaker69(m): 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Very well written. This is the root of all the money doctrine arguments Christians engage in.
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Lyoncrescent: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter
Re: Grace And Our Offerings As Christians by Lyoncrescent: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2018
Happy Sunday

(1) (Reply)

2 Major World Events That Will Occur This Year / Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God / Scores Of Muslims Turning To Christ In Middle East; Churches Expecting 'millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.