Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? (22859 Views)

Please Kindly Adopt My Daughter / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help!! / Should I Adopt My Fiancee's Son Legally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by ikemesit4477: 6:46am On Mar 08, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
smiley congrats on your recent marriage

The best way to go about this is to google the closest orphanage to you and visit with gifts. When the proprietress or administrator comes to receive you, start a conversation about adoption process and let her guide you through what's involved. She may also have contacts in the courts who will fast track it on your behalf.

Please buy chocolate for us when you join your husband in AMERICA. God don bless you with nice guy wey go carry you comot this shithole, still adopt your near-teenage son join. Lovely and a good encouragement to other single mothers to keep being amazing and never losing hope if matrimony is what they desire. Bless!
nice comments!
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Bjgirl1: 7:11am On Mar 08, 2018
Please join this group on facebook " Motherhood in Style magazine" . Send your question through " inbox " only. Don't post it on the page and the admin will help you to post on the page. But I think a lawyer will be in best position to explain everything to you.Best of luck
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Time2Smile(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2018
The amount of bile and hateful comments on this thread has been shocking. A lot of these youths are frustrated and taking out their anger on the OP. I must commend @anitank for showing such maturity in her responses. I am really impressed, your temperament and patience should be a lesson to these lots. I hope you are able to find a solution to this issue.

I also hope these wretched souls will be able to turn their lives around and become better person all round. Their vexation is so palpable I can almost feel it from my phone screen.

3 Likes

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 8:34am On Mar 08, 2018
efavour:
Simone biles and brother was taken to foster home when the mom was high on crack and could not take care of them.the grand father adopted them with full rights and took them away. Where was the father? Probably a deadbeat. You can own a child just because you produced them.those kids in orphanages are someone sperms and ovum. The ones walking the road and sleeping on the road too. Yes you can loose right to your child by failing to do your duty. If you didn't sign off your right and refuse paying child support, see you, see prison. And if you abscond and cannot be found, you have lost your right already by desertion.
mtchweee ...only in instances wen the biological parents are a danger to their kids, but if a patent absconds n returns later ( while the child is a Minor), and isnt a threat to the child's life, with proof he's been tryn to reach out. No judge will uphold such judgment. Most important is no step will go through the hassles of litigation for a child tht isn't theirs. At some point he/she will grow weary sef. Its usually ppl tht disowned their kids tht lose their natural rights.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 8:41am On Mar 08, 2018
efavour:
he doesn't have to sign out anything if he has been aware of his existence and never wanted to be part of his life. He can only count if he was married to the mother. The lady's owns this kid period.
kids are not property. You can't choose to own or disown. Just like they're entitled to their parents belongings. Only mischievious women/men push this agenda. Adoption requires a contractual agreement, biological parents do not require any contracts only the state can supersed the biological parents
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:
I thought since you're legally married your kids become his and vice versa?
.Of what need is the adoption again?.

Or there's something you aren't saying.

Not so straight forward like that
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by klbakare(m): 11:27am On Mar 08, 2018
krissconnect:
Now listen to me and listen attentively, I'm a legal practitioner and I'm gonna tell u the truth...
You breed of craze is rare bruv, craze on cheesy grin

I don't even know
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by sexymoma(f): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2018
Frankicent:

Is that you@ dp ni?
yes warapen?
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by nwaozzugwor: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
I am a lawyer ..can get it for you within a month... Call 08065132724

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by kekeoj15: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
I can categorically tell that this forum is full of boys with lowest of the lowest intellect. So sad that they will will later become men, father and husband of no substance in future.So harsh, barbaric and myopic in their opinions. They don't even know the op o. Such a sad case of internet users in Nigeria!
efavour:
Did you see what I saw. Half of these witless men are mad that the lady found love other than their wretched self. You know they believed single mom's should be married to stupid,useless men in the society.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Frankicent(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2018
sexymoma post=656646b 47:
yes warapen?

Nothing sha just that The name and pix... Got something in common.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by sexymoma(f): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2018
Frankicent:

Nothing sha just that The name and pix... Got something in common.
ok den.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by StrongWoman333(f): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello all please I am here to solicit for your likes on my post on this thread. Just scroll to my comment where I wrote INTERESTED and click like. Thanks smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/1556#65364939

That is the link.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by Adunnipat(f): 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Footsoldier:
The option to legally adopt him is to apply to the Magistrate Court to be the guardian of the boy and through that the Court a properly filed application he will be granted the the guardian of the boy.

If you need more details I can advise you.
please I want to know more
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 4:39am On Jul 01, 2021
Biological dad MUST sign out his rights...then you go to ministry of women's affairs. The other dude doesn't know what he's about to get into lol...
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 4:41am On Jul 01, 2021
thinktanke:
I think we need to get this right not just for the OP but for others in the future. In Nigeria, adoption is a legal term when a couple is involved in taking a child over. It doesn't apply here because the OP is the biological mother of the child. I think for immigration purposes she can migrate with her son especially as he is a minor.I don't think our law recognizes the adoption the OP is suggesting. The son is a step-son to her husband hence can be granted immigration visa on that basis.
lol... she must produce consent letrer from the father except she's willing to forge one or its called CHILD ABDUCTION.
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 4:43am On Jul 01, 2021
anitank:

He’s late
Death certificate or proof ...or be ready to face consequences if he rises from the dead after getting your green card .
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 4:48am On Jul 01, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
. Then you ve nothing to fear. Get a good attorney,swear affidavit and change the boys name to that of the man since you are now legally married to him. Not a difficult task. Sorry abt my questions ,just to understand the situation well. There is no much procedure.
lol... where did u study your own law ? Lool... if so child trafficking will be so easy... lol
Re: How Can My Husband Adopt My Son Legally? by revolt(m): 4:52am On Jul 01, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
. Swearing of affidavit for change of name doesn't take time. Provided you and your hubby ve everything necessary to proof that both of you are legally married,ur request shall be granted by the embassy. Nothing like adoption.Ur lawyer can advice you more. Gudluck.
maam do you know uscis has the man's info and if he didn't put that child's name when he was getting his citizenship he will have to DNA test to prove its his. Get the death cert of the dad or proof etc of that's not possible just let them know ( difficult for them to admit that though) and go to ministry of women's affairs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion) / My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.