Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] (7743 Views)

Slaying Queen Exercising Accused Of "Trying To Seduce Men" (photos) / Lady Shows Off Her Partner Spreading Her Underwear Outside, Advices Men. Photos / Sex Addict Who Had Sex With 100 Men (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by evanso6226(f): 7:37am On Mar 07, 2018

The Sambia Tribe in Papa New Guinea have tradition that has fascinated (and confused) many. They are the tribe that drinks semen to turn boys into men and we bring you all you need to know about the unfamiliar ritual.
This ritual, which is a symbol of a young boy’s rite of passage to manhood, starts when a boy is between the ages of 6 to 10 and comprises of 6 stages.

Imperative to the processes and teaching of the initial ceremony is the notion that women can be dangerous to men.

To become a man, and in essence a “warrior,” these young men are taught how to detach themselves from their mothers and the women around them as a means of showing that they can live without them and prove their masculinity.

The six stage process of affirming one’s manhood can take anywhere from 10 to 15 years until these young men father a child. Much of the initiation and training is characterised by what some have deemed to be highly erotic and sexual.

In the first stages, a sharp stick of cane is inserted deeply into the young boy’s nostrils until he bleeds profusely. The young boys are also introduced to older warriors who are told that bachelors are going to “copulate” with them to make them grow.

Throughout much of the 6 stages, the act of having the stick of cane inserted into the nostrils and the performance of ‘MouthAction’ are integral to the process of becoming a man. While the former practice is often derided by many as ‘inhumane’ and the latter is often referred to as ‘homosexual’ behaviour, the Sambia’s understanding and purpose behind these two processes differs from our conventional understanding.

While many of us might view the practice of inserting the cane stick into the nostrils as being ‘inhumane’, because of the obvious infliction of pain and injury to the body, for the Sambia it is a symbol of strength and his ability to sustain pain, which is a needed requirement of a warrior.

Additionally, the act of performing MouthAction and the act of ingesting semen is seen as an integral part of manhood because boys are unable to mature into men unless they ingest semen and they adhere to the notion that all men have, ‘eaten the penis’.

According to Sambia belief, the semen of a man possesses the ‘masculine spirit’, which young boys will be able to attain through his ingestion of semen.

Cultural differences play a huge part in how we react to such practices. What we may view as homosexuality may simply be a right of passage in another culture. The journey to ‘manhood’ has no set route but the end goal is always the same; to protect and provide.

source http://www.clintgist.com/meet-the-tribe-that-drinks-semen-to-turn-boys-into-men/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by XhosaNostra(f): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2018
They have such strange facial features. You can't even tell if that's the young men of their tribe or the elders.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by AntiWailer: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2018
grin
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Things like this are what made whites to call Africans black monkeys and a dark continent..

Both the population of guinea, the citizens and every body are all mad..

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Aspiregreat: 7:50am On Mar 07, 2018
Cultures varies from countries to countries, and i respect theirs. it a good thing they are keeping up with theirs.
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by XhosaNostra(f): 7:50am On Mar 07, 2018
menami:
Africans and tradition

Not only Africans. Everybody. Read up on the Romanians & their beliefs around the "strigoi". When someone dies, they eat their heart because they believe the person will return as a vampire. Those people everything revolves around their fear of vampires.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 07, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Things like this are what made whites to call Africans black monkeys and a dark continent..

angry

☣ ☠

True.

But have you heard of the Druids and their practices? Aztecs and Mayans and their brutal human sacrifices.... These guys sacrifice humans in hundreds.
Have you seen the movie "apocalypto"?

Some of which are still in practice today only that they are done at the highest level of secrecy.

☣ ☠
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by timwudz(m): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2018
Has the gospel gotten to them? They aren't even civilized..

They're way far back.. make buhari goan epp them fight corruption
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by AlexCk: 8:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Watched it on YouTube once, i was amazed.

So many traditions, strange ones too, and funny enough, not just in Africa, but also other continents.
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by abbas99(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2018
the real headsmen

1 Like

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by ClintonEmex: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2018
My teacher in secondary school used to tell us that no culture is good and no culture is bad, but I don't think so, some cultures are actually bad.
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2018
Africa! You Never Sieze to Amaze! Continue Acting Like The Monkeys You Are! Brainless Guinea Pigs...
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by chuckdee4(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2018
Guys, Papua New Guinea is not in Africa
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Opentokwowledge: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Are they not the tribe deep in cannibalism too?
Too much shiit in papua!
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by sirgalahad26(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2018
DrinkLimca:

NIGERIA nko?? grin grin
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Mandrake007(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
like Nigeria didn't have absurd cultures/traditions that would be termed 'barbaric' to this day if they weren't abolished,cultures and traditions varies from country to country,continent to continent,theirs ain't even bad,weren't even twins murdered in nigeria,weren't virgins slain and married of to deities in another dimension in Nigeria? there are countless cultural practices that are no longer practiced except by a few fraction of our population we should be thankful to God for the white man for saving us we might as well still be living in huts to this day,not me tho,you guys.
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by sbashir10(m): 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
I'm already throwing up, can't imagine boys swallowing sperm of other people, very irritating
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Chai very irritating..
Even the one i drank some days ago from my
I nearly fainted cos of the odour from it

1 Like

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by permsec: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nose piercing? Well...... but Svcking joystick to attain adulthood?? You ppl must be very mad!

BTW, Papua new guinea is not in africa, for those lambasting africans as though they are from Mount Everest.

Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
menami:
Africans and tradition
they are not Africans
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
menami:

They are what?

Papua New Guinea is not in Africa. It's an island in the pacific close to Australia and New Zealand
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by babtoundey(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
BrainnewsNg:
Chai very irritating..
Even the one i drank some days ago from my
I nearly fainted cos of the odour from it
The one you "DRANK"... All hail the queen
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
babtoundey:

The one you "DRANK"... All hail the queen
Who?
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by InfernoNig: 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
In summary they sack off in a cup and drink it. York
Re: Meet The Tribe That Drinks Semen To Turn Boys Into Men [photos] by babtoundey(m): 8:16am On Mar 08, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Who?

Which one is "who" again?
Somebori "DRANK" something and nearly got fainted because of the odour from that that thing. She DRANK she did not taste.. Doesn't the person deserve an appellation?

(1) (Reply)

The Only Yoruba Girl I For Like Marry - Pictures / How To Get Your Ex Girl Friend Back From Another Guy! / Does She Really Look Like DI'JA *pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.