Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) (12962 Views)

"There Is Panic At INEC Abuja Headquarters" - Reno Omokri / Uviejorobor Brother Arrested With Pump Action At INEC Office In Asaba. Photos / Osun Election: PDP Supporters Celebrating At INEC Office In Osogbo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Thankgodtt(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
So, I was talking to my friend on the need to get a PVC, and he told me that he was at INEC office at Akure (Ondo State) some weeks ago to register. But he was unable because the man in charge told him to go to his State to do so.
I asked him for details he said the man didn't explain.

So I Decided to get registered today. So I arrived at INEC office Akure at Oda Road very close to NYSC zonal office by 10am this morning with my guy to register. we greeted people around and told them we wanted to register, and we were directed to a man at his early forties. We told him we wanted to register and he ask which states we were from, we told him and he said "We can't register you, go to your states and register" I asked him Why and he said that is the instruction. We insisted and he said "Oga I have attended to you o" (in a rude manner) I told him I don't understand, and asked who gave such instruction in a polite way. Then he snubbed us. In fact he pretended we were not there. We felt so embarrassed.

Please is there any official instruction that states we should register with INEC in our state of Origin?
If No, What is going on?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by 9jaown(m): 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Next time dress like an almajiri, they will register you. Rigging mode activated.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Omeokachie: 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
We need to call out behaviours and incidences such as this until authorities take action.

They have started to rig the elections before voting. Meanwhile they are busy registering infants and children up north.

Op, you guys should go back in your numbers until they have a crowd they cannot ignore.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Ngokafor(f): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
When Igbos complained about ploys used by buhari and APC's INEC tk disenfrachise potential voters from SE..it was mostly yorubas who castigated the complaints,running their kpomo mouths against Igbos..

Now it looks like the saying 'what goes aroound comes around 'has landed on their heads

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by christejames(m): 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
I think it's a covert game plan to disenfranchise some regions but what I know is that no matter their plan or shenanigans Buhari will be going #B2D come 2019...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Michael004: 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ngokafor:

When Igbos complained about ploys used by buhari and APC's INEC tk disenfrachise potential voters from SE..it was mostly yorubas who castigated the complaints,running their kpomo mouths against Igbos..

Now it looks like the saying 'what goes aroound comes around 'has landed on their heads
What is this Mumu saying Abeg? Meanwhile, Buhari is going back to daura

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by orisa37: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
You register either in your state of Origin or Residence. No Bokoharam or Fulani Herdsmen must register anywhere in the sw, ss, se and cs.
And when you claim residence, you must support with your NEPA bills and ID card.
This is why we want SIEC, State Independent Election Commission by the people and for the people so you don't go there again to rekidnap Falae, you funny F.H.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
I smell magu magu...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Aieboocaar(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
My brothers! My Sisters!!!

Hope you are enjoying the changi you voted for??

una naver see anything

20 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by NaijaMutant(f): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
During the 2015 election in Lagos to be specific, we were waking up as early as 5 am to go and book number on the queue to be register. At the end, areas boys will still scatter the queue to put their people. This happened for several days till the registration period was over leaving many eligible adults unregistered.

They have developed a new ploy to disenfranchise voters than south while the process is seamless up North

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by King4Roller: 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Summarise please. Was it a good one or a bad obe.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by DWJOBScom(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
People are complaining and noone is saying anything and some people are here praying for PMB to come back again

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by ozoebuka1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Later they'd publish one stupid news telling us how the northerners have already registered 150million individuals while the south has had refused to show up to be registered... SMH

17 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by mayowascholar(m): 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
sorry
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by ibkgab001: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Intimidation we condole not

Never get intimidated, travel down to your state and get one PVC remember your Vote alone might save us all from the monster at the Aso

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by nairavsdollars(f): 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
LAZY INEC STAFF EVERYWHERE yet they are paid with tax payers money

11 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Not nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
Discerning minds know that the rigging has started.

Step 1: Disenfranchise as many as possible from 'unfriendly' areas.

Step 2: Register as many people as possible in the north,register underage voters and Fulanis from Chad,Mali etc.

Step 3: Give their PVCs to the emirs and sultans to share.

Step 4: Make it difficult for people to collect their PVCs from 'unfriendly' areas.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

19 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by uchman48(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
i smell rigging, they want a situation whereby you will register in your state and during the election, they will make it a criteria to vote in your state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by dust144(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
Next time tell him you're from kastina he will register you. Pele

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by lordsharks(m): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sorry eh
Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by OkutaNla: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ngokafor:

Ode. Be there abusing Yorubas when the victim in question is originally from Enugu. lipsrsealed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Jabioro: 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
Most of us at SW/SE/SS has been disenfranshed..l have gone to ikotun office several times....nothing to show for it.unlike b4 the inec agent will be at your wards or voting centres to register,we are nt improving at all, is gettin worse...what a delusiona country we are

10 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by Josnac(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
Sometimes I really do not understand how somebody from the SE/SW/SS. will gladly follow such wicked directives knowing fully well its to the disadvantage of his own region.

I have registered with inec since 2011 while living within my then university's host community in umuahia. I used it for the 2011 elections but didn't participate in 2015 because I was an inec ad hoc staff and was in another state.

Fast forward to 2018 and I'm yet to get my PVC.
These guys are always busy giving me one excuse or the other. Just last month, one of the staffs I met at inec office umuahia boldly told me that my PVC is not out yet, after 7 freaking years oo.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by thesicilian: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Omeokachie:
We need to call out behaviours and incidences such as this until authorities take action.

They have started to rig the elections before voting. Meanwhile they are busy registering infants and children up north.

Op, you guys should go back in your numbers until they have a crowd they cannot ignore.
The Sicilian method.
I like that.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by makizee(m): 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ask for his name so that you can talk to someone else, where u live and intend to vote is where you register at...There is something fraudulent going on

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by thesicilian: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
King4Roller:
Summarise please. Was it a good one or a bad obe.
You mean to say, that was too much for you to understand?!

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by jakD: 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ngokafor:

Do you mind keeping quiet? If you wanna condemn, do, if not, then be quiet. I'm a Yoruba and I've always loved the Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by internetpo(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
This issue of INEC registration is becoming much.

You can seek more help and drop reports here www.govote.ng

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by bouncing99: 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Haanha...e be like say apolo catch u for brain, must u insert tribalism in all situations, by the way u know where the men in question hails from?..u better be seriously guided
Ngokafor:

1 Like

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by bodejohn(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
This is how things get swept under the carpet in this country...

Someone has raised a very strong allegation on the INEC staff in the said local government, we are supposed to condemn the action of this individual till the ears of his superiors become full and action is taken...but guess what we are doing...creating stories of how we will be disenfranchised...

In a matter of minutes we will even forget what we have been discussing because the thread would have been badly derailed by pro and anti government sides...and ofcourse ethnic egoists...

Please @OP, let us have the name of this INEC official, if we drag his name well enough, he will mention the name of the authority that gave that devilish direction...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At INEC Office Akure (ondo State) by KrystosCJ(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
Please snap the face of that INEC official and post it here. You went to snap only building and signpost and think that's enough?! Help us to help you. If Buhari does not go back to his precious Daura, then we will know who caused it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JUST IN: Federal Executive Council Approves 2019 Budget / Wike’s Loyalists Open Fake PREMIUM TIMES Facebook Page For Deception - PT / Fulani Community Petition Senate For Calling Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.