Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo (8775 Views)

PHOTOS: Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo Seen Playing Squash To Keep Fit. / VP Prof Yemi Osinbajo SAN And His Brother Akin Osinbajo SAN / Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo's Gigantic Cv/profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by murecool(m): 9:01am On Mar 08, 2018
Very Vibrant Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo clocks 61 today.
Oluyemi Oluleke "Yemi" Osinbajo(born 8 March 1957) is a Nigerian lawyer and politician who is the current Vice President of Nigeria, in office since 29 May 2015. He is also a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Professor of Law and until his inauguration as Vice President, a Senior Partner with SimmonsCooper Partners, a commercial law practice.

MARRIAGE AND PERSONAL LIFE
Yemi Osinbajo was born into the family of Opeoluwa Osinbajo on 8 March 1957, Creek Hospital, Lagos. Osinbajo is married to Dolapo (née Soyode) Osinbajo, a granddaughter of Obafemi Awolowo. They have three children together.

EDUCATION
Yemi Osinbajo was educated at Corona primary School, in Lagos. Between 1969–1975, he attended Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. From 1975–1978, he studied for his undergraduate degree in Law at the University of Lagos, where he was awarded a LLB Law degree. From 1979–1980 he attended Nigerian Law School. In 1981, he was awarded a Master of Laws after attending the London School of Economics.

LEGAL CAREER
From 1979–1980, Osinbajo served the compulsory one year youth service as a legal officer with Bendel Development and Planning Authority (BDPA), Bendel state.
In 1981, he was employed as a law lecturer at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. From 1983 to 1986, he was Senior lecturer of Law at the University of Lagos. From 1988 to 1992, he was an Adviser (legal advice and litigation) to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Bola Ajibola. Osinbajo began lecturing at the age of 23.
From 1997 to 1999 he was made Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law, University of Lagos. From 1999 to 2007, Osinbajo was Member of Cabinet, Lagos State Ministry of Justice, also Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice.
From 2007 to 2013 Osinbajo was once again employed as a Professor of Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos. In 2007, Osinbajo was made Senior Partner, Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Nigeria. Osinbajo was also a Senior lecturer at the Lagos State University.
Other past roles include:
* Staff Member, United Nations Operations in Somalia, Justice Division, UNOSOM II.
* Member, United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN, Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe, Member, 2006.
* Partner in Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye.
* Senior lecturer at faculty of law, Lagos State University Lecturing public law.

POLITICAL CAREER
After the formation of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2013, Yemi was tasked, with other notable Nigerians, to design and produce a manifesto for the new political party. This culminated in the presentation of the "Roadmap to a New Nigeria", a document published by APC as its manifesto if elected to power. The highlights of the Roadmap included a free schools meal plan, a conditional cash transfer to the 25 million poorest Nigerians if they enroll children in school and immunise them. There were also a number of programs designed to create economic opportunities for Nigeria's massive youth population.
On 17 December 2014 the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, retired General Muhammadu Buhari, announced Osinbajo as his running mate and vice-presidential candidate for the 2015 general elections.
On 31 March 2015 Buhari was confirmed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the winner of the presidential elections. Thus Osinbajo became the Vice President-elect of Nigeria. They were both sworn in on 29 May 2015.

AWARDS
Osinbajo, has received several awards, they include:
* State Merit Award 1971
* the School Prize for English Oratory, 1972
* Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972–1975
* Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) 1973
* School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975
* African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974
* President Goodluck Jonathanconferred on Osinbajo the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger on May 28, 2015.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by madridguy(m): 9:02am On Mar 08, 2018
HBD Sir.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by JosEast(m): 9:04am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday sir

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Abokisaas: 9:04am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday � to d humble best Vice president in the history of Nigerian Happy 61years Old May u witness more and more of it in Good Health
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2018
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY VICE PRESIDENT. GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Abokisaas: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2018
just As a u clock another new year may all ur wishes come tru amen
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by 1Aminu: 9:24am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday to a man of honour, a diligent servant, a legal luminary, a loyal VP, a loving husband and above all, a faithful man of God.

I join majority of Nigerians to celebrate you sir, as you add one more year to your life.

Happiest Birthday � to the most reliable vice president Professor Yemi Osinbajo. Long life is prosperity sir.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by abdulmajid24: 9:33am On Mar 08, 2018
[b][/b]Happy birthday to Nigeria finest, hardworking and most efficient VP. Enjoy sir
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by rastaLivity: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Today a holy thief was born

13 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by bedspread: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Pst/prof Happy Birthday to you sir.. and I wish you all the Great things life has to offer...

But I have to say this, you have to wake up, you have to Arise as the Righteous man you claim you are... Even if it should cost you your Position... You have Gradually soaked your hands in the same plate with the Evil in this nation.. And they are making use of you in the Name of a Pastor..

Pastor Osinbanjo you need to wake up, Arise, Dtand up for Righteousness... that was the reason GOD allowed you to be der.....

Happy Birthday

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by deebrain(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday sir. May you have the best of your years ahead and be fulfilled in your lifetime.

Also, May God in His infinite mercies, have mercy on you for bringing the country to its knees in less than 3yrs.

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by mickapolo: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
I need sure NaijaBet odds for this morning games.............Osinbajo can't pay me any money

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by ngwababe(f): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy Birthday Sir, God will keep seeing you through!!
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by oloripelebe2: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy Birthday Prof., i no go bash u today

Keep repping Omoluabis well grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by TheAngry1: 9:37am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy Birthday Prof! I supported Buhari because of you; alas, you and your boss have failed us dismally. As you celebrate your birthday, please remember the burden of trust you bare. If you are not in sync with this government and its shenanigans, please resign and have a little honour. I hope you or your media team get to read this. Happy birthday again Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by BlackPantherxXx: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2018
Jealous Igbos arise wink

1 Like

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by kenodrill: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy Birthday prof.as you add plus one today, may the upward and forward life you have enjoyed so far in life also reflect to her dear country Nigeria.
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by JON01: 9:38am On Mar 08, 2018
The Only man I trusted in the Nigerian Government but unfortunately You let my Trust down. Middle finger to you on your birthday #Honestgift

12 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by stefanweeks: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Double mouthed Imp

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Anikulhapo(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
This one that has sold his soul to the jihadist, I don't have anything to say

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Macnnoli4(m): 9:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Another politician birthday again! Anyway HBD to him
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by RexTramadol1: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Hbd bobo yii

Buh face front sha

I like ur achievements tho'
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by RoyalBlak007: 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy
Birthday
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Simongm(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday to the active vice president.
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Rick9(m): 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy birthday sir
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by Godjone(m): 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
this man too dull to my liking. very very un-presidential

6 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by doctimi(m): 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy Birthday Sir.

No bashing today. I repeat.... no bashing today....

We shall resume tomorrow.

But I must say...To sabi book no be to sabi leadership...

4 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by kullozone(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2018
Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by McAustin92(m): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2018
To be Candid and without being bias,this man is the most vibrant,active and intelligent V.p Nigeria ever had....compare to the like of Sambo,atiku and other ex Vps.......I have a feeling that this man would make a good president

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday Professor Yemi Osinbajo by peddyholly: 9:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Happy bday sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency: I Want To Stop Nigeria From Disintegration, Says Tambuwal / Insecurity: Buhari Is Leaving Nigeria Better Than He Met It – Femi Adesina / Professor Traces Biblical Eden To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.