Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,751 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

How Can - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can (532 Views)

I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help / Nneka Onuorah: Stop Calling Me Bro, I Am A Lady - Nigerian Lesbian / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can by Jogunomi1: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
I
Re: How Can by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
Jogunomi1:
I have gift of dreams as most of my dreams usually come to pass. Since 2005, I have been seeing visions concerning the ministry. Countless number of times I have been shown that the ministry is on my way.

Naturally I love the pastoral ministry, and I have exhibited a good relationship with the supernatural in the past. I particularly find it easy to torment demons and I command a good deal of respect with voodoo priests that know me in person. The only thing that brings me joy is preaching on the altar or saying powerful biblical passages to myself whenever alone, and I would laugh in a way that shows I'm in the presence of a large audience who are dumbfounded at my grace of oratory.

Despite all these, I at times use to tell myself that I'm just deceiving myself. The following are the reasons why I think I'm not fit.

1. I have hearing impairment that's not that bad.

2. My immune system seems not strong as i use to take drugs a lot despite being hiv negative.

3. I can't cope in a no-sex relationship. So, I'm not dating and I don't think one can get married without dating. I'm willing to submit myself for the ministry but I hope God will count out women from my destiny.

Still, any job I do, what rings in my head is the altar. Any time a pastor preaches, I would find myself analyzing the sermon to observe errors in the sermons instead of learning new things. I would later rebuke myself as being arrogant and I would be angry towards the whole idea of ministry.

I talked to a pastor in a different church to advise me. He was observing my mouth as i spoke in order to know my abilities and said I have no calling. I was not talking like someone with calling and he was studying my speech. Lol. I sent a deacon in his church to him. The deacon already told him what I need advice for. But when I got there, he said "explain yourself from the beginning".

I asked someone that knew me just 3 months ago, he said God is not calling me. But 5 pastors, under whose preaching I had been for years said I can't escape pastoral calling. 3 of them in Winners, 2 from RCCG.

Advice needed.

There is nothing like pastoral calling. There is no indication of "special calling" for pastors in the Bible.
Re: How Can by Jogunomi1: 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

There is nothing like pastoral calling. There is no indication of "special calling" for pastors in the Bible.

So, every Christian may choose to be a pastor of a church?
Re: How Can by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
Jogunomi1:

So, every Christian may choose to be a pastor of a church?

Yes. However, James warns that people should be wary about teaching because the teachers would be judged more strictly.

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. (James 3:1)

1 Like

Re: How Can by Deandean: 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
Obviously your just being open about it....am nt obligated to convince you so il rather u dnt flex ur disagreement muscles.....Truth z dat no calling anywhr,ppl re gifted in oratory,yes.and banking on d ability or gift as d case may b...they re called....d logic,the gift is d calling/invitation to a ministry
Re: How Can by Fmartin(m): 6:09am On Mar 09, 2018
go on a 40 days dry fasting... God will reveal to you... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Are There No Man On Earth; Mexico Women Now Getting Married To Trees / Meet The HOSTS For The Singles Hookup & Hangout Event This Saturday In Lagos / Media Personality, Moet Abebe Shares S*xy, Wet Photos On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.