Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) (59937 Views)

Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Deeper Life Bible Church Auditorium In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
pantherblack:

you will have to blame God o. Cuase increasecomes neither from the east nor west
No! i blame the individuals who are responsible for these Acts grin
Are you suggesting that we should blame God for the crooked Activities of some so the called pastors?
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
gypsey:
Precisely! it also Appears that Religion has taken over the minds of the masses, even politicians are taking Advantage of the situation by making reference to religion ( not that it's a bad thing if it's genuine) their referencies to religion seems to let them off totally from their incompetency to provide Adequate or no services to which they have been elected to provide.

Example, A poiltician asking his constituence to pray, or depend on God to provide them with Hospital treatments while he travels to Europe for medical treatments grin so you can see

Naah, i beg to differ abit slightly though. Since we have a dysfunctional political system/nation, should we not have a shelter from the storm? Hence the cry for churches to come up and step up to become the alternative. I won't join the stand for my pastor crew, but would rather say this, i rather have factories set up, even as a minister ( I'm a minister of God, like i told you 2 days back), than have it domiciled in the stock exchange with almost less than 2% increment in 10 years, or have it fixed in the bank, when the same billions can set up factories and provide job.

God isn't decevied and anticipated all these problems before hand, which is why Christ said Go into the world, not create self-sustaining instuitions alone, but take the system and structure out and transform society, so yes, people ought to call the ministers, and when they do, we pought to have the answers, when there was hunger in the land, even the Kings shouted out for the prophets ( representation of God at the time), so why should people not cry out to pastors?

Plus our heart should also be in synce with God. In the course of ministeral activities, it has become easy tos et up instituitions that mops up money, schools, hotels, oil wells, but our systems have been a reflection that one may say is selfish, if the systems we create is on par with service, then we can say we're on the right track, by this i mean, if we create systems that mops up money, and then on the otherhand create systems that gives out through service provision like factories, then the church has a healthy channel to put the excess fund it accrues, its not right to have 10-20-50 billion and not have a channel for this funds and in panic we start pushing it through invetsment schemes, stock exchange that adds very little impact to the lives of people who also impacted on the minsteries on their way up, no i dont like such a system, a system and its people should walk hand in hand i.e. poor system, poor people, not rich system, poor people.

I saw it as a representative of Heave its wrong to keep setting up structures that mops up fund if we dont create systems that funds can go through and make them become a channel to pass this funds through to ultimately benefit mankind
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
SammieJayh:

That's why I keep saying Nigerians are stupid...they vote based on religious and ethnic bias.
Absolutely! so what can be done to change that mentality or mindset? would be the first and imminent solution.
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by SammieJayh(m): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
gypsey:
Absolutely! so what can be done to change that mentality? would be the first and imminent solution.

Mass/public enlightenment...which will hardly ever be effective; thanks to the government for the high rate of illiteracy...

How do I tell a Fulani normad to vote a Southerner or an Hausa Christian who is more qualified? He'd rather kill me and vote his Northern brother into power...
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by dignitate: 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
[s][/s]
Daraph:
Our tithe money sad
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 10, 2018
SammieJayh:

Mass/public enlightenment...which will hardly ever be effective; thanks to the government for the high rate of illiteracy...

How do I tell a Fulani normad to vote a Southerner or an Hausa Christian who is more qualified? He'd rather kill me and vote his Northern brother into power...
Absolutely! grin i agree! it would be difficult. so you see what Religion has done? or should i say you see? religion has an enermous influence on Nigerians hence the need for Religious organisations to be fundermentally scrutinised Robostly! constantly. And that's also why Churches and religion Attracts so much critics and bashing.

Religious leaders should play their parts, Advice their followers to Also engage in querying the Governments Activities criticise, demand Adequate governance and the provisions of basic services and Amenities, instead of taking Advantage of the countries incompetence Government and the poor situations of the country and masses by selling them false hopes and enriching themselves.
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2018
pantherblack:

Naah, i beg to differ abit slightly though. Since we have a dysfunctional political system/nation, should we not have a shelter from the storm? Hence the cry for churches to come up and step up to become the alternative. I won't join the stand for my pastor crew, but would rather say this, i rather have factories set up, even as a minister ( I'm a minister of God, like i told you 2 days back), than have it domiciled in the stock exchange with almost less than 2% increment in 10 years, or have it fixed in the bank, when the same billions can set up factories and provide job.

God isn't decevied and anticipated all these problems before hand, which is why Christ said Go into the world, not create self-sustaining instuitions alone, but take the system and structure out and transform society, so yes, people ought to call the ministers, and when they do, we pought to have the answers, when there was hunger in the land, even the Kings shouted out for the prophets (representation of God at the time), so why should people not cry out to pastors?

Plus our heart should also be in synce with God. In the course of ministeral activities, it has become easy tos et up instituitions that mops up money, schools, hotels, oil wells, but our systems have been a reflection that one may say is selfish, if the systems we create is on par with service, then we can say we're on the right track, by this i mean, if we create systems that mops up money, and then on the otherhand create systems that gives out through service provision like factories, then the church has a healthy channel to put the excess fund it accrues, its not right to have 10-20-50 billion and not have a channel for this funds and in panic we start pushing it through invetsment schemes, stock exchange that adds very little impact to the lives of people who also impacted on the minsteries on their way up, no i dont like such a system, a system and its people should walk hand in hand i.e. poor system, poor people, not rich system, poor people.

I saw it as a representative of Heave its wrong to keep setting up structures that mops up fund if we dont create systems that funds can go through and make them become a channel to pass this funds through to ultimately benefit mankind
Yes! people should run to churches if need be! Not swallow entirely the words of church leaders as some of them the church leaders are not genuine, they appear to be in the church business to enrich themselves, I don't Agree that churches should be investing in Oil and gas or Any other profit making ventures because that creates the room for greed and the Dangerous desire to Accquire more personal wealths and distraction from what really a charity/church organisations are about, it would also Attract crooks who portrays themselves as men of God (too many of them recently) as i mention earlier chuches are meant to be vocational and charitable organisations, not a profit making ventures.
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Bowwow11(m): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
nice plans the interior is just too splendid!!!
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by ib0221: 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I have more books in my house than in that library at post office.
The library at Sango have been converted to National Open University.
Though, I last used both libraries in 1998 there is no way you can have more books than a state state library. I would love to believe that you are being sarcastic.
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Sima04: 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
just one word "EPIC"
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
gypsey:
Yes! people should run to churches if need be! Not swallow entirely the words of church leaders as some of them the church leaders are not genuine, they appear to be in the church business to enrich themselves, I don't Agree that churches should be investing in Oil and gas or Any other profit making ventures because that creates the room for greed and the Dangerous desire to Accquire more personal wealths and distraction from what really a charity/church organisations are about, it would also Attract crooks who portrays themselves as men of God (too many of them recently) as i mention earlier chuches are meant to be vocational and charitable organisations, not a profit making ventures.

Hmmm @
I don't Agree that churches should be investing in Oil and gas or Any other profit making ventures because that creates the room for greed and the Dangerous desire to Accquire more personal wealths and distraction from what really a charity/church organisations are about, it would also Attract crooks who portrays themselves as men of God (too many of them recently) as i mention earlier chuches are meant to be vocational and charitable organisations, not a profit making ventures.

We have to blame the profitability of charity on God grin
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
pantherblack:

Hmmm @
I don't Agree that churches should be investing in Oil and gas or Any other profit making ventures because that creates the room for greed and the Dangerous desire to Accquire more personal wealths and distraction from what really a charity/church organisations are about, it would also Attract crooks who portrays themselves as men of God (too many of them recently) as i mention earlier chuches are meant to be vocational and charitable organisations, not a profit making ventures.

We have to blame the profitability of charity on God grin
you seem to blame every humans bad behaviour on God grin
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
gypsey:
you seem to blame every humans bad behaviour on God grin

Naah, prolly you misinterpreted the pun. I simply mean growth is a natural phenomena when we start things and when ince=rease comes what to do with it is strongly influnced by how much increment we make, which also is the blessings of Jehovah God. Not blaming anyone Sir
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by P500: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Very beautiful
Clementz0:
WAOW! "HALLELUYAH" IS OUR TRADEMARK! I DONT EXPECT ANYTHING LESS coolWAOW! "HALLELUYAH" IS OUR TRADEMARK! I DONT EXPECT ANYTHING LESS
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by OXLANDOWN: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GENERAL OVERSEER, RCCG, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE
I am a member of the RCCG who unfortunately has fallen victim of the whims and tricks of one of your pastors, Segun Odewunmi of the Restoration Parish, situated at 223A, Agege Motor Rd., Mushin, Lagos.
The above-mentioned building which has 4 floors was built by my late father, of which I own the 1st floor, one of my brothers own the ground floor and another, the 2nd and 3rd floors. The ground and 1st floors were earlier rented by Union Bank while the 2nd and 3rd floors were rented by Pastor Segun.
The pastor claims he has an agreement with my brother who owns the 2nd and 3rd floors to purchase those floors but has decided to forcefully take over the 1st floor which is mine. I called the Pastor severally to warn him to stay clear of my floor because if he has an agreement to purchase my brother’s assets, such an agreement cannot be extended to encompass me, as we are separate individuals. He rebuffed all my warnings and continued renovation work on the house which he started without notifying me. I contacted several family members and some RCCG pastors to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone but to no avail. On July 3, 2018, after all pleas fell on deaf ears, I got my lawyer to write to Pastor Segun to stop work in and stay off my property. Still, he did not relent. He went ahead to fix floor tiles, install toilets and sinks, put up some windows. I figured it was best I install doors as he had taken the previous ones off. I bought 2 steel doors, bought materials for installation and paid workers to install them. On Sept 14, the workers got to my property, only to be mercilessly beaten by Pastor Segun and his thugs. The materials, including doors, bags of cement, bags of sand, blocks, tools and other were thrown outside the gate, where some have been taken by passers-by, and others still lie till today.
Being a Christian, I believed the issue could be resolved amicably and I instructed my lawyer to book a meeting with Pastor Segun to hear out the matter. They held a meeting on Sept 21, 2018, after which Pastor Segun brought up an expense list of over 30million naira with a 5million worth of damages included. He claims damages on the grounds that he planned to use my floor for a school and he has restructured the floor to suit that purpose (without my consent). At the meeting, Pastor Segun said he had spent 88million in the renovation of the whole building out of which I have to pay him over 30million for the renovation of my floor (which I never gave him permission to do) otherwise I have no option but to sell the floor to him.
On Oct. 4, 2018, after reporting the issue to the police, I decided to go ahead to install doors again. I bought materials and paid workers to carry out the job. On arrival, my workers discovered Pastor Segun has gone ahead to install his own doors on my floor, affirming his intent to usurp the property. Once again, Pastor Segun called upon his thugs to send my workers away and throw my materials outside the gate.
In light of all these, please Pastor Segun should be asked the following questions.
1. Has he ever had any agreement with me to purchase my property? If yes, when? Agreed price? Date of payment? Form of payment? Sale Agreement? Deed of Transfer?
2. Before he went ahead to start renovation work, did he inform me? Did he tell me the start and end date or the duration of the project? Did he notify me of the extent of work to be done? Did he obtain my consent to alter my floor plan? Did he seek my consent before destroying my BQ?
3. Pastor Segun should explain his intentions why he has refused to desist from working on my floor after being warned formally and informally to keep off the floor. I believe its all an attempt to extort money from me or forcefully make me give up the property to him.
4. The right Pastor Segun has to take over my property and bar my workers from gaining access to it. THE FLOOR IS LEGALLY MINE.
It seems unreasonable and unheard of, that, someone will spend 88million from the coffers of the church on a building that has not been purchased by the church. It is possible Pastor Segun could have made fraudulent presentations/misrepresentations to the church to have such money released to him for his own personal interests, as this still baffles me. I am pleading with the church to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone and refrain from using his thugs to beat up every worker I send to my property.
I humbly await on the G.O. and the pastors and elders in the church to intervene in the issue and restore my confidence in the church as I believe his intervention in this matter will be with the wisdom of King Solomon.
Thank you.
Your humble RCCG member.
October 12, 2018
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Aceed: 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
OXLANDOWN:
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GENERAL OVERSEER, RCCG, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE
I am a member of the RCCG who unfortunately has fallen victim of the whims and tricks of one of your pastors, Segun Odewunmi of the Restoration Parish, situated at 223A, Agege Motor Rd., Mushin, Lagos.
The above-mentioned building which has 4 floors was built by my late father, of which I own the 1st floor, one of my brothers own the ground floor and another, the 2nd and 3rd floors. The ground and 1st floors were earlier rented by Union Bank while the 2nd and 3rd floors were rented by Pastor Segun.
The pastor claims he has an agreement with my brother who owns the 2nd and 3rd floors to purchase those floors but has decided to forcefully take over the 1st floor which is mine. I called the Pastor severally to warn him to stay clear of my floor because if he has an agreement to purchase my brother’s assets, such an agreement cannot be extended to encompass me, as we are separate individuals. He rebuffed all my warnings and continued renovation work on the house which he started without notifying me. I contacted several family members and some RCCG pastors to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone but to no avail. On July 3, 2018, after all pleas fell on deaf ears, I got my lawyer to write to Pastor Segun to stop work in and stay off my property. Still, he did not relent. He went ahead to fix floor tiles, install toilets and sinks, put up some windows. I figured it was best I install doors as he had taken the previous ones off. I bought 2 steel doors, bought materials for installation and paid workers to install them. On Sept 14, the workers got to my property, only to be mercilessly beaten by Pastor Segun and his thugs. The materials, including doors, bags of cement, bags of sand, blocks, tools and other were thrown outside the gate, where some have been taken by passers-by, and others still lie till today.
Being a Christian, I believed the issue could be resolved amicably and I instructed my lawyer to book a meeting with Pastor Segun to hear out the matter. They held a meeting on Sept 21, 2018, after which Pastor Segun brought up an expense list of over 30million naira with a 5million worth of damages included. He claims damages on the grounds that he planned to use my floor for a school and he has restructured the floor to suit that purpose (without my consent). At the meeting, Pastor Segun said he had spent 88million in the renovation of the whole building out of which I have to pay him over 30million for the renovation of my floor (which I never gave him permission to do) otherwise I have no option but to sell the floor to him.
On Oct. 4, 2018, after reporting the issue to the police, I decided to go ahead to install doors again. I bought materials and paid workers to carry out the job. On arrival, my workers discovered Pastor Segun has gone ahead to install his own doors on my floor, affirming his intent to usurp the property. Once again, Pastor Segun called upon his thugs to send my workers away and throw my materials outside the gate.
In light of all these, please Pastor Segun should be asked the following questions.
1. Has he ever had any agreement with me to purchase my property? If yes, when? Agreed price? Date of payment? Form of payment? Sale Agreement? Deed of Transfer?
2. Before he went ahead to start renovation work, did he inform me? Did he tell me the start and end date or the duration of the project? Did he notify me of the extent of work to be done? Did he obtain my consent to alter my floor plan? Did he seek my consent before destroying my BQ?
3. Pastor Segun should explain his intentions why he has refused to desist from working on my floor after being warned formally and informally to keep off the floor. I believe its all an attempt to extort money from me or forcefully make me give up the property to him.
4. The right Pastor Segun has to take over my property and bar my workers from gaining access to it. THE FLOOR IS LEGALLY MINE.
It seems unreasonable and unheard of, that, someone will spend 88million from the coffers of the church on a building that has not been purchased by the church. It is possible Pastor Segun could have made fraudulent presentations/misrepresentations to the church to have such money released to him for his own personal interests, as this still baffles me. I am pleading with the church to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone and refrain from using his thugs to beat up every worker I send to my property.
I humbly await on the G.O. and the pastors and elders in the church to intervene in the issue and restore my confidence in the church as I believe his intervention in this matter will be with the wisdom of King Solomon.
Thank you.
Your humble RCCG member.
October 12, 2018

You say you are a member of RCCG Have you talked to your parish Pastor on the matter or the Pastor in charge of Area or even the PICP you came here to write a ridiculous letter to the G.O of RCCG because he told you he can be reached through nairaland

you can't even back up your so-called story-letter with legal documents, photos, hard evidences, come on

don't let the devil use you
do things the right way
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by babytoun: 11:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Fmr Senate President David Mark recently built a multi million dollar *Catholic Church* in his home town... Same town the nearest pipe borne water is 500km away.

Same way 1.5billion was used in building *Ilorin Central mosque*... Same town that has no Library.

What exactly is the function of religion in this world..? �

and who told you Ilorun has no library ?
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by Pemale(m): 5:31am On Oct 26, 2018
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by OXLANDOWN: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
Aceed:

I have been waiting for you Mumu/cow members to come and show your ignorance. After church service, do you ask yourself where the offering goes? do you even ask why your pastors wear multi colour clothes like blue suits with red shoes? It's all a scheme to work on your fragile brains. I can see that your brain is cooked already. We have a wealth of evidence.

Tell your pastor to continue to bribe the hungry staff at HQ to destroy letters petitioned against him meant for the GO. That has been uncovered.

The address is very easy to reach if you have not been there.

I await your stupid, uninformed response.
Re: RCCG's New Church Auditorium In Abeokuta (Photos) by OXLANDOWN: 2:04am On Oct 30, 2018
While the pastor was busy deceiving everyone that he wants peace. In his normal dubious way, he went ahead to create an unapproved school in the said property. He made the exterior look like a construction site and inside a school enriching himself and putting the lives of little children at risk of falling off the first floor.

The Lagos state ministry of education should go and close that school before something terrible happens there.

This Franchise style of RCCG branches system must stop because the pastors have turned themselves into motivational speakers and businessmen.

Aceed ; you said you want photos.

Here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Pastor Converts To Islam, Listen To His Testimony(video) / Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha Buried (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.