Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. (933 Views)

What Are The Contributions Of Each Region Partcularly The Se to the country? / See How Buhari Will Win ATIKU In Each Region And States In 2019 / Awolowo Gave Western Region In 7 Years What British Couldn't Give Nigeria In 50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. by KEVIND: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2018
Shared from:Asari Dukobu

Of the 20 AIRPORTS in Nigeria, 12 are INTERNATIONAL, 8 are DOMESTIC.
The NORTH has 8 Airports designated as "International" by FAAN, The rest of Nigeria has 4 INTERNATIONAL airports.
South-South 1
South East 1
South West 2.
7 of the 8 Northern International airports handled less than 2,700 flights in 2016 according to FAAN figures.
Calabar is NOT designated as an "International" airport operation wise.
Enugu, till date, is still half an international airport.
This is your One Nigeria
90% of these Northern International airports are "SEASONAL" airports having passengers ONLY during Hajj periods
Even during the seasonal Christian pilgrimage, Southern Christians are made to use the Lagos or Abuja airports. That's how unfair the whole thing is?
The region that actually constitute the international traveling public has far fewer international airports than the region were people rarely travel.
This is why there's an NNAMDI KANU.
The injustice in Nigeria is obvious to even the blind.
The implication of this is that these so-called ghost international airports get funds and attention like an International hub though nothing practically goes on there.
How can Katsina, Yola, Maiduguri and Sokoto be designated international status for God's sake!
Who exactly is flying out of Nigeria from these places?
Whenever you dig around for information in Nigeria, what you'll find will leave you stunned.
Please, lets peacefully split along regional lines before we choke to death on sadness.
Or, lets properly federate so that people can actually plan and manage things they can actually internally sustain.
Now, factor in that majority of Nigerians living in Diaspora or frequent travelers originate from Southern Nigeria.
How can it be that it took more than 50 years for an international airport to be built in Enugu, a region whose indigenous people are the highest number of frequent travelers in Nigeria?
Even the one now in Enugu functions like a third class International airport.
It is too much for a coincidence that a region with unarguably, the highest number of diasporans only got an international airport few years ago when places with lesser frequent travelers had airports scattered all over servicing almost no one for years.?
How can this not make you reason right?
Can you not see the structural marginalization?
Will I still be a bigot when I raise these issues?
Can we not separate bigots from truth bearers?
Why would you tag me a bigot?
Do you want me to see all these and keep quiet just to come of as detrbailized?
Well, I cannot be your type of detribalized Nigerian.
A slave shackle should not be likened to jewelry.
Do you now see why I AM FOR UNITED STATES OF BIAFRA?

ASARI DUKOBU

2 Likes

Re: Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
Nigeria is sick...Had Nnamdi Kanu been very civil and respectful especially toward non Igbo victims...maybe more would have been achieved...in all sincerity his points are valid, and if nothing is done about it soonest... not just our children, but us all in our old age will suffer for it..It is Benue today, who knows when it will be Akure, Benin and Onitsha turn...
Re: Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. by chuksjuve(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2018
It will be very difficult to regard Nigeria as a country!!

We are only decieving ourselves calling this geographical expression a country..

We haven't really got what should mAke us to be called a country ..

Nwaamaikpe please shed more light on what
I said above .

3 Likes

Re: Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
chuksjuve:
It will be very difficult to regard Nigeria as a country!!

We are only decieving ourselves calling this geographical expression a country..

We haven't really got what should mAke us to be called a country ..

Nwaamaikpe please shed more light on what
I said above .

I concur
Re: Of 20 Airports and their location in each Region in Nigeria. by Ttipsy(f): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
speechless

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Invested N2.5trn In Infrastructure Since 2015 — Adeosun / Boko Haram faction seizes Borno, Yobe towns, taxes residents – Report / Ward Congress In Imo Not Cancelled, Says Imo Chapter Of Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.