Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos (53526 Views)

Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding / Jamil Abubakar And Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Kano (More Photos) / Jamil Abubakar: Meet Fatima Dangote's Pilot Husband-to-be (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Factfinder1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
Groom looks confused.... Normal spoilt northern child...arrangee marriage
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
YOUNGrapha:

SO LAST LAST NA OSAMA BIN LADEN COME MARRY
FATIMA MY FLAWA cry cry
you get touch for head
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
MDsambo:
Now that's what we called a modest wedding not that of Ajimobi and Ganduje's
modest wedding Even with five presidents and all past and present presidents of Naija in attendance

1 Like

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
giftedheart1:
the guy's beards sha....like toilet brush!
aye e ti baje
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by kenodrill: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
olasaad:
So this year is all about politicians wedding next is Osinbanjo/Shagaya...meanwhile no nairalander have tied the knots this year. It's well my brothers and sisters in this forum.

Lol...
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
I still prefer this lady to that dickhead Dj cuppy
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:
I am not trying to be tribalistic, I'm beginning to wonder whether these people don't have their own traditional attire. Aso-oke is now a norm thing to use for ceremonies even among people that are not Yoruba, only people living in huts will not know the meaning of Aso-ebi, they even use iro and buba and well tailored agbada for their wedding now, and some foreigners in Lagos are saying Ambode is a tribalist for enforcing the teaching of Yoruba in Lagos schools. Was it Ambode that said non Yoruba's should now be getting married in Yoruba attires grin our love and constant use of what we have has influenced Nigerian fashion. Wishing the couples happiness
What you don't know is that everything about the Yoruba are wonderful and beautifully made.

2 Likes

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by bhankymyk(m): 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Waiting for Bill gates arrival
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2018
Mack Zuckerberg, who is richer and more deserving of his wealth than her father had a modest wedding. And yes, I know is not my money. It is, however, my opinion. I am just a honest Nigerian living a just and happy life.

I will be so surprised if I don't get attacked by Awon "is it your money?" minions.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Abaasit4real(m): 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2018
marunga:
she is a photocopy of her father.
Mehn she too like dangote oo.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:
I am not trying to be tribalistic, I'm beginning to wonder whether these people don't have their own traditional attire. Aso-oke is now a norm thing to use for ceremonies even among people that are not Yoruba, only people living in huts will not know the meaning of Aso-ebi, they even use iro and buba and well tailored agbada for their wedding now, and some foreigners in Lagos are saying Ambode is a tribalist for enforcing the teaching of Yoruba in Lagos schools. Was it Ambode that said non Yoruba's should now be getting married in Yoruba attires grin our love and constant use of what we have has influenced Nigerian fashion. Wishing the couples happiness

Aso oke, sure.

But agbada? Lol! Yorubas got the boubou/babban Riga from hausas. That's why they are the only non sahelian non Muslim majority ethnicity that use it. It's used by Malians, touaregs, Wolofs, and the original credited inventors tukulors ( who are a sub branch of fulanis), these are all sahelian people BTW.

And while we are at it let's talk about the dashiki ( gotten from danciki or inners). I'm sure your people use that as well.

There's nothing wrong with this, but if you want to start developing some kind of superiority complex. Lol!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by RexTramadol1: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
Oh boi!

Ds wedding issa serious business

Every invitee go donate sth

And money go jus flow anyhow

Why am I not invited?

Even If I am, I wont attend m shy

Make I face front bfr Dem com attack.....
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by millhouse: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
I need to be at this wedding..
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
SlayQueenSlayer:
Mack Zuckerberg, who is richer and more deserving of his wealth than her father had a modest wedding. And yes, I know is not my money. It is, however, my opinion. I am just a honest Nigerian living a just and happy life.

I will be so surprised if I don't get attacked by Awon "is it your money?" minions.

And what makes Zuckerberg more deserving of her fathers money? Because he's Jewish or Caucasian? A billionaires daughters wedding that doesn't even compare to a mere governors that happened a few days back? This is just about the dumbest statement I have seen on this forum.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by bionixs: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2018
olasaad:
So this year is all about politicians wedding next is Osinbanjo/Shagaya...meanwhile no nairalander have tied the knots this year. It's well my brothers and sisters in this forum.
because to wish others well for marriage dey hard dem
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Aso oke, sure.

But agbada? Lol! Yorubas got the boubou/babban Riga from hausas. That's why they are the only non sahelian non Muslim majority ethnicity that use it. It's used by Malians, touaregs, Wolofs, and the original credited inventors tukulors ( who are a sub branch of fulanis), these are all sahelian people BTW.

And while we are at it let's talk about the dashiki ( gotten from danciki or inners). I'm sure your people use that as well.

There's nothing wrong with this, but if you want to start developing some kind of superiority complex. Lol!
Very soon they will say our Aso-oke doesn't belong to us, we borrowed the Iro and buba from abroad, even the Yoruba language we borrowed it too cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:

Very soon they will say our Aso-oke doesn't belong to us, we borrowed the Iro and buba from abroad, even the Yoruba language we borrowed it too cheesy

Lol. Believe what you want but these are facts. Try using the vast wealth of the internet to gain some knowledge.

Hausas don't claim what is not theirs, that is why even today the best aso oke or gwagwaro as it's called by hausas is tied by Yoruba women they humbly go to for.

As for agbada. You may like to think you didn't get it from us, maybe you got it from Mali, but the north is highly more likely. The only thing for sure is that you didn't invent it. Not even close.

2 Likes

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by ibkgab001: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:

I love Jesus and I love you too for this statement
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by dabeto: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dangote AIRLINES in the making.............. grin
CONGRATS MY GUY grin
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by RexTramadol1: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Lol. Believe what you want but these are facts. Try using the vast wealth of the internet to gain some knowledge.

Hausas don't claim what is not theirs, that is why even today the best aso oke or gwagwaro as it's called by hausas is tied by Yoruba women they humbly go to for.

As for agbada. You may like to think you didn't get it from us, maybe you got it from Mali, but the north is highly more likely. The only thing for sure is that you didn't invent it. Not even close.

Maybe u r right to an extent, buh in all you shld know the way yorubas make their agbada coupled with fila makes it different and we don't give a hoot abt Wu invented it, we gave it beta popularity..... From MKO to OBJ, they rocked the agbada whole heartedly to show Yoruba heritage.

We all Av our names for that clothing, Yoruba invented agbada, hausa invented babariga, those oda African nations invented Dias n gave it a name.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by IamGoke(m): 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Aso oke fabric, (Yoruba: Aș oke, pronounced ah-SHAW-okay)

is a hand loomed cloth woven by the Yoruba people of western Nigeria. Aso oke means top cloth in the English language. Usually woven by men, the fabric is used to make men's gowns, called Agbada, women's wrappers, called iro, and men's hats, called fila.

It is from the Yoruba culture in Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, and the Osun States in southwestern Nigeria.

The way of making Aso-oke cloth has remained the same for centuries, however new techniques and production methods have been looked into to eliminate the weight and thickness of the Aso-Oke cloth, and to make it more accessible for casual wear.

Types of aso oke

Other ways that designers have made this old traditional cloth become more modern is to “structurally manipulate and combine animal and floral motifs into definite shapes of grids and geometry, suitable for computer design applications.” The basis of more traditional motifs would have originated from fables and folklore.

Sanyan type: woven from anaphe wild silk and cotton yarns

Alaari type: woven with either synthetically or locally grown cotton and shinning threads, sometimes with perforated patterns

Etu type: bears dark indigo colours with tiny white stripes noted for their simplicity. [1][2]

Aso oke fabric is often worn with aran, a brown velvet with concentric designs.

Yoruba women's garment

When people speak of an aso oke, they are usually referring to the traditional Yoruba women's garment. It consists of four parts:

Buba - Yoruba blouse

Iro - a wrap skirt

Gele - head tie

Iborun or Ipele - shawl or shoulder sash Formal wear

Nigerians around the world wear aso oke fabric for special occasions including holidays, weddings, funerals and chieftain title ceremonies. All followers of the Yoruba religion also wear aso oke fabrics and hats.

See also

Adire - Yoruba tie-dye

African textiles

Aso Oke hat

Women's wrapper

Agbada

Kente cloth—Woven by Ashanti people

Barkcloth—Woven by Buganda people References

1. ^ Bankole Ojo, Emmanuel (Spring 2007). "Printing Contemporary Handwoven Fabrics (Aso-Oke) in Southwestern Nigeria". Design Issues. 23: 31–39 – via JSTOR.

2. ^ Agbadudu, A.B. (2006). "Aso-Oke: a Nigerian classic style and fashion fabric". Journal of Fashion and Marketing and Management. 10: 97–113 – via Emerald.

From Wikipedia.... So stop ranting!

7 Likes

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

And what makes Zuckerberg more deserving of her fathers money? Because he's Jewish or Caucasian? A billionaires daughters wedding that doesn't even compare to a mere governors that happened a few days back? This is just about the dumbest statement I have seen on this forum.

Minion spotted. I don't respect people with filthy lucre regardless of race or ethnicity.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
RexTramadol1:

Maybe u r right to an extent, buh in all you shld know the way yorubas make their agbada coupled with fila makes it different and we don't give a hoot abt Wu invented it, we gave it beta popularity..... From MKO to OBJ, they rocked the agbada whole heartedly to show Yoruba heritage.

We all Av our names for that clothing, Yoruba invented agbada, hausa invented babariga, those oda African nations invented Dias n gave it a name.

As for popularity. That's subjective but anyways. Here's awolowo wearing a Hausa made "agbada". Hand made embroidery called kwado da linzami usually made in Kano/Zaria.

But I guess yorubas more "global reach" has made it more recognizable.

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by lonlytroy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
I thought don jazzy want to marry her.

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
IamGoke:

Aso oke fabric, (Yoruba: Aș oke, pronounced ah-SHAW-okay)

is a hand loomed cloth woven by the Yoruba people of western Nigeria. Aso oke means top cloth in the English language. Usually woven by men, the fabric is used to make men's gowns, called Agbada, women's wrappers, called iro, and men's hats, called fila.

It is from the Yoruba culture in Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, and the Osun States in southwestern Nigeria.

The way of making Aso-oke cloth has remained the same for centuries, however new techniques and production methods have been looked into to eliminate the weight and thickness of the Aso-Oke cloth, and to make it more accessible for casual wear.

Types of aso oke

Other ways that designers have made this old traditional cloth become more modern is to “structurally manipulate and combine animal and floral motifs into definite shapes of grids and geometry, suitable for computer design applications.” The basis of more traditional motifs would have originated from fables and folklore.

Sanyan type: woven from anaphe wild silk and cotton yarns

Alaari type: woven with either synthetically or locally grown cotton and shinning threads, sometimes with perforated patterns

Etu type: bears dark indigo colours with tiny white stripes noted for their simplicity. [1][2]

Aso oke fabric is often worn with aran, a brown velvet with concentric designs.

Yoruba women's garment

When people speak of an aso oke, they are usually referring to the traditional Yoruba women's garment. It consists of four parts:

Buba - Yoruba blouse

Iro - a wrap skirt

Gele - head tie

Iborun or Ipele - shawl or shoulder sash Formal wear

Nigerians around the world wear aso oke fabric for special occasions including holidays, weddings, funerals and chieftain title ceremonies. All followers of the Yoruba religion also wear aso oke fabrics and hats.

See also

Adire - Yoruba tie-dye

African textiles

Aso Oke hat

Women's wrapper

Agbada

Kente cloth—Woven by Ashanti people

Barkcloth—Woven by Buganda people References

1. ^ Bankole Ojo, Emmanuel (Spring 2007). "Printing Contemporary Handwoven Fabrics (Aso-Oke) in Southwestern Nigeria". Design Issues. 23: 31–39 – via JSTOR.

2. ^ Agbadudu, A.B. (2006). "Aso-Oke: a Nigerian classic style and fashion fabric". Journal of Fashion and Marketing and Management. 10: 97–113 – via Emerald.

From Wikipedia.... So stop ranting!

I'm not ranting. I've never claimed aso oke isn't yoruba. It is, 100%. Go and read what my argument is about.

2 Likes

Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by noah91(m): 1:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
classicB:
Yoruba will recolonize Nigeria
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by IamGoke(m): 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

I'm not ranting. I've never claimed aso oke isn't yoruba. It is, 100%. Go and read what my argument is about.

Alright, gotten!!!
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by ADRIAN88(m): 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2018
frenzyduchess:
The guy face tho undecided

Looks like dat joro olumofin neegah!
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
churchee:
I don't trust that guy and I don't know why.
The marriage ain't about love or trust. So keep quiet.
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by Lucas10(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Dis gal resemble her papa
Re: Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Pre-Wedding Dinner Photos by revpeter(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
Among the dignitaries expected to attend the wedding include five presidents, all the past presidents of Nigeria, billionaire philanthropist and Microsoft boss, Bill Gate.

I DIED!!

GOD WHY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand / Somebody Won 36.7 Million Naira From Bet9ja Today / The Moment Body Of Herbert Wigwe Arrives Isiokpo For Burial (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.