Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,185 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. (7352 Views)

As A Yoruba Boy, Am In Love With An Ibo Girl, Should I Go On? / Block Factory Worker Proposes To Girlfriend, And She Said Yes. See Picture / Chinese Groom Plays Video Of Bride In Bed With Her Brother-in-law At Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Icecream4U(m): 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
shocked

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by dafeyankee: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
Op stop lying.

The stuff I am seeing on this pix has to be for 3 weddings. No way that is for one person or one wedding.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by IamAirforce1: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
I wonder which part of Imo state still collects bride price as much as these because for all I know, bride price in Imo state isn't as expensive as it used to be back in the days.

Every parent wants their daughter to get married early and give them a breathing space .

7 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
Na d girl family wan chop all those yams?shocked
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
Does this come with cold hard cash? grin
Food stuff just doesn't cut it tongue
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by DuruCrusher(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
Her parents should just look 4 a small shop and start foods stuff business....

Igbo kwenu

3 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
Liar!!! Old pic.
It is not by force to marry IMO girl. Marry from your state or region please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by kelish(f): 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2018
not nowadays, no girl wants to see her man sent off because of this much. haba
na house dey wan build for the man head ne

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2018
is not much na undecided
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by InfernoNig: 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
Na buy the man don e buy her

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 12, 2018
kelish:
not nowadays, no girl wants to see her man sent off because of this much. haba
na house dey wan build for the man head ne
na the enamous heaps of yams even fear meshocked.so na d girl parents go consume all those yams?

4 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
If there reduce brideprice in IMO, Queenseksy Preshy561 will follow me home

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by ObservantFellow: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2018
The married women from Imo should come and let us know if kegs of palm oil (feminine chores), cans of drinks and bags of rice (foreign products) are part of their traditional custom demands. shocked

From what I can guess, they may have been bought so that women of the community can share..and that must be entirely dependent on the pocket of the husband angry
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by sanpipita(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
People can lie just to trend, tufiakwa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
IamAirforce1:
I wonder which part of Imo state still collects bride price as much as these because for all I know, bride price in Imo state isn't as expensive as it used to be back in the days.

Every parent wants their daughter to get married early and give them a breathing space .
Exactly, IMO state bride price are no longer expensive like before.

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by SamoaJoe: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
IamAirforce1:

Your Mbaise people are very terrible in bride price. Till date, Mbaise is the worst place to marry from Igbo land.They will demand an arm and leg for bride price!

Very beautiful fair Queens with terrible characters and toxic, life sucking attitudes. I have never seen a place with high concentration of beauties more than Mbaise people. But the problem with them is that its also the place with a high co concentration of evil and wickedness. Quote me anywhere!

5 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by FisifunKododada: 2:42am On Mar 13, 2018
some people from certain parts of this country and greed...are like benson and hedges.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by alsudaes1(m): 5:17am On Mar 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
Op stop lying.

The stuff I am seeing on this pix has to be for 3 weddings. No way that is for one person or one wedding.

I am even of the opinion that this might just be a mini market sad
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 6:14am On Mar 13, 2018
Our girls are not cheap

if u no get money

f*ck off

3 Likes

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by laribari(m): 6:51am On Mar 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
Op stop lying.

OK, why will they put items from three weddings together, owned by three different people? Them write their name on top? Besides, HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU TELL FROM THE PITCURE THAT THE ITEMS BELONGS TO THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE? THE MAN INSIDE THE PICTURE NA EIM TELL YOU? It looks more likely owned by one person that three people.

Abeg use sense talk naaa! Nor be today an average igbo man dey sell eim daughter in the name of marriage. Greed!
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by laribari(m): 6:55am On Mar 13, 2018
classicMan22:
is not much na undecided

You dey see Dem? "Is not much na".

Have you considered the cost in Naira value?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by laribari(m): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2018
SamoaJoe:

Your Mbaise people are very terrible in bride price. Till date, Mbaise is the worst place to marry from Igbo land.They will demand an arm and leg for bride price!

Very beautiful fair Queens with terrible characters and toxic, life sucking attitudes. I have never seen a place with high concentration of beauties more than Mbaise people. But the problem with them is that its also the place with a high co concentration of evil and wickedness. Quote me anywhere!

Na vex you take talk am grin grin grin grin

Baba, Na to kill oyen Mbaise first oo before you kpake snake oo. Na so Dem talk am.

Funny enuf, I once had an Mbaise girl friend and I decided we can't marry becos of a singular stunt she pulled. Just becos I got closer to her niece as par friend level, this babe came to my house with a knife to fight me oo. Just because you claim to be suspecting me and your niece which is not even what she think. SHE CAME WITH A KNIFE ALL THE WAY FROM HER HOUSE TO MY HOUSE TO QUARREL WITH ME.

Na there you go fear oyin-mbaise oo! Na to run for your life ooo.

That was where I decided this can't be the lady I should marry oo. So if we quarrel, Na to wait make I sleep then forget knife for my Belle. To leave her nkor? E nor easy ooo but I succeed. Today I'm married to a sweet delta ibo sweet heart. grin grin

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by tobolos(m): 7:39am On Mar 13, 2018
Is it a market day?
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by ariesbull: 7:40am On Mar 13, 2018
Cheap things are not cheap and marriage shouldn't be cheap....one must show maturity be it in age, finance and psychological to be able to marry in Igbo land

That's why divorce are low

I love this
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by SamoaJoe: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2018
laribari:

Na vex you take talk am grin grin grin grin

Baba, Na to kill oyen Mbaise first oo before you kpake snake oo. Na so Dem talk am.

Funny enuf, I once had an Mbaise girl friend and I decided we can't marry becos of a singular stunt she pulled. Just becos I got closer to her niece as par friend level, this babe came to my house with a knife to fight me oo. Just because you claim to be suspecting me and your niece which is not even what she think. SHE CAME WITH A KNIFE ALL THE WAY FROM HER HOUSE TO MY HOUSE TO QUARREL WITH ME.

Na there you go fear oyin-mbaise oo! Na to run for your life ooo.

That was where I decided this can't be the lady I should marry oo. So if we quarrel, Na to wait make I sleep then forget knife for my Belle. To leave her nkor? E nor easy ooo but I succeed. Today I'm married to a sweet delta ibo sweet heart. grin grin

Ndi ofe mmanu..... Why do you people like Igbo women like this? You people can't allow our women be and keep to your women?

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by LEAFLET(m): 8:02am On Mar 13, 2018
I know this is false but even it's true, the thing I'm seeing there is not more than 200k.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 13, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
Our girls are not cheap

if u no get money

Hide your face
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by femi4: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2018
XhosaNostra:
Does this come with cold hard cash? grin
Food stuff just doesn't cut it tongue
sure now

Dowry =N1m (uneducated);

1.5-2m (for educated)

1 Like

Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by marvin906(m): 9:01am On Mar 13, 2018
hahahhahahahhahahahha
imo sate their girls can old for house sha.. grin grin
buh i do know its was cut down a little
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2018
femi4:
sure now

Dowry =N1m (uneducated);

1.5-2m (for educated)

Great.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by Zuluhead(m): 9:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Its not peculiar to only the igbo tribe, some south african tribes demands for as much as eleven cows and their girls are getting married, lots of nigerians men are getting married to them without blinking their eyes.
What about the indians where the bride's family would have to pay for the groom.
Some families and towns have abolish such customs while some still practise it.
In years to come we would be reading such as past bizzare wedding customs. It would reduce and fade out with time.
Re: See Picture Of Bride Price Paid To Marry An Ibo Girl From Imo State. by XhosaNostra(f): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Zuluhead:
Its not peculiar to only the igbo tribe, some south african tribes demands for as much as eleven cows and their girls are getting married, lots of nigerians men are getting married to them without blinking their eyes.
What about the indians where the bride's family would have to pay for the groom.
Some families and towns have abolish such customs while some still practise it.
In years to come we would be reading such as past bizzare wedding customs. It would reduce and fade out with time.

Which tribe in South Africa demands food as a bride price?
In my culture the only thing a groom is expected to bring along with him during lobola is tobacco (our elders love to smoke, it's part of the culture), brandy & things like blankets etc. I've never seen anyone bring groceries. Also the "cattle" thing is metaphoric nowadays, people deal with MONEY. They charge what it costs for cattle, not necessarily mean you must come ushering a herd of cattle.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ordeal With A Girl Working In Bet9ja Shop. / Some Girls Can Be Such A A Bore. / My White Wife Wants Me To Dump And Forget My Wife And Children In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.