Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,158 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster (3303 Views)

I'm Scared Of Marriage Because Of The Married Women I Dated. / Sex With My Co-Worker. I'm In Big Trouble / "I Dated Her For 8 Years, Never Had Sex With Her, After Her MSc, She Dumped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by liquidlove2018: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
I had seen D* around the office of the tech company I worked for. But we didn’t really get to know each other well until our office holiday party.

We hit it off and made plans to go Christmas shopping together, which was our first time hanging outside of work. We started dating about a month after that.

IT WAS GREAT…AT FIRST

D and I worked on opposite ends of the office and in different departments (he was in engineering, I was in marketing), so we didn’t think it would be a big deal to mix business and pleasure. At first, it was exciting to get to see each other every day at work. It was this secret we were holding on to—some of our close colleagues knew, but we hadn’t told out bosses or HR, since it didn’t seem that serious yet. Whenever we’d cross paths in the halls, I’d feel a rush of adrenaline.

But about a year later, something clicked in my head, and I wanted to end it. D had become complacent in his life and wasn’t motivated to do anything positive, professionally or personally, and his priorities weren’t where I thought they should be for a man in his thirties. It wasn’t working for me anymore, so I had to break it off.

By that point, seeing him every day at work was the worst. I’d think, “Ugh, you again?”

BUT THE BREAKUP WAS AWKWARD AF

For D, the breakup felt totally out of the blue. He didn’t get it, and he wanted another chance. But I had been talking to him about these issues for a while, and when he didn’t change, I made up my mind. We had a very emotional conversation over the weekend, and the following Monday back at the office was incredibly awkward.

I didn’t want to run into him, so I ate my lunch at my desk and only left my area to go to the bathroom. The first time we interacted again was that Wednesday. I had a meeting, and he walked by the glass-walled conference room 8 to 10 times in that one hour.

He kept walking by my weekly meetings and staring at me with puppy-dog eyes.

At first, I figured he just had business to do on my side of the office. But when it continued, I realized he was trying to see me and get my attention. There were a few people in the meeting who knew about our history, and they gave me eyes like, “You better handle this.”

D and I worked on opposite ends of the office and in different departments (he was in engineering, I was in marketing), so we didn’t think it would be a big deal to mix business and pleasure. At first, it was exciting to get to see each other every day at work. It was this secret we were holding on to—some of our close colleagues knew, but we hadn’t told out bosses or HR, since it didn’t seem that serious yet. Whenever we’d cross paths in the halls, I’d feel a rush of adrenaline.

But about a year later, something clicked in my head, and I wanted to end it. D had become complacent in his life and wasn’t motivated to do anything positive, professionally or personally, and his priorities weren’t where I thought they should be for a man in his thirties. It wasn’t working for me anymore, so I had to break it off.

By that point, seeing him every day at work was the worst. I’d think, “Ugh, you again?”

BUT THE BREAKUP WAS AWKWARD AF

For D, the breakup felt totally out of the blue. He didn’t get it, and he wanted another chance. But I had been talking to him about these issues for a while, and when he didn’t change, I made up my mind. We had a very emotional conversation over the weekend, and the following Monday back at the office was incredibly awkward.

I didn’t want to run into him, so I ate my lunch at my desk and only left my area to go to the bathroom. The first time we interacted again was that Wednesday. I had a meeting, and he walked by the glass-walled conference room 8 to 10 times in that one hour.

He kept walking by my weekly meetings and staring at me with puppy-dog eyes.

At first, I figured he just had business to do on my side of the office. But when it continued, I realized he was trying to see me and get my attention. There were a few people in the meeting who knew about our history, and they gave me eyes like, “You better handle this.”

I didn’t speak to D about it until it happened again at next week’s meeting. Then I decided I couldn’t avoid conflict any more. I went to his desk and told him I felt like it was getting really awkward and I hadn’t thought it was going to be like this. He didn’t want to hear it.

He would fill his 16-ounce water bottle two to three times in the few minutes it took my K-Cup to brew, never saying anything.

He asked me how I could walk away from what we had. He said he just wanted to be around me, see my face, and smell my perfume. I felt bad–I wasn’t trying to be mean or heartless, but at a certain point I just had to shut off emotionally. I couldn’t have these intense conversations at work, and for me, it had long been over.

TENSIONS ESCALATED QUICKLY

After we talked, things only got weirder. He would “randomly” pop up everywhere. He kept walking by my weekly meetings and staring at me through the glass walls–not in a menacing way, but with puppy-dog eyes, trying to make me feel something.

If I was making coffee in the break room (which was on his side of the building), he would fill his 16-ounce water bottle two to three times in the few minutes it took my K-Cup to brew, never saying anything, but just always there. People were starting to notice and talk, but it was more of a nuisance than anything, so I didn’t feel the need to go to HR.

Non-work breakups are hard enough–just seeing your ex’s sweatshirt can make you nostalgic.

I did have one boss take me aside and say .....

Is it right to date a co worker

https://livelystones.com.ng/dated-co-worker-epic-disaster/

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
The worst mistake any guy can make is to date a colleague .

k5500:
pity

3 Likes

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by boyjo: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
Why break up?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by boyjo: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
z11111:

The worst mistake any guy can make is to date a colleague .

Only guys?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
When office romance goes wrong.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Both ladies too.

Loool.

boyjo:

Only guys?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
One person suffers it.

But the guy self fall hand ,em for try control em emotion

Grayjoy:
When office romance goes wrong.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2018
z11111:

One person suffers it.

But the guy self fall hand ,em for try control em emotion

controlling emotions is nt easy 4 some people irrespective of their social status or age, u never jam?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by preciousluv2018: 11:10am On Mar 15, 2018
Sure, controlling emotion is never easy , though depends on one level of maturity.

Grayjoy:
controlling emotions is nt easy 4 some people irrespective of their social status or age, u never jam?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by don4real18(m): 11:19am On Mar 15, 2018
angry
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2018
preciousluv2018:

Sure, controlling emotion is never easy , though depends on one level of maturity.

that is to say he is nt matured enuff then.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Beke2020: 8:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
Maturity is the key to successful relationship, which most people dont know
Grayjoy:
that is to say he is nt matured enuff then.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Beke2020:
Maturity is the key to successful relationship, which most people dont know
they dnt knw cos they are nt matured. IMO.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sure !
Grayjoy:
they dnt knw cos they are nt matured. IMO.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
z11111:
Sure !
u are replying me with almost d fifth moniker only you?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
Loooool

Grayjoy:
u are replying me with almost d fifth moniker only you?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
z11111:

Loooool

u laff? Are u a haemaphrodite? Cause u use both male and female monikers.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by UDUJ(m): 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
Don't S H I T where you eat

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
Smiles..
No male and female in the realm of the spirit.

Grayjoy:
u laff? Are u a haemaphrodite? Cause u use both male and female monikers.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
z11111:

Smiles..
No male and female in the realm of the spirit.

jesuuu!!! *I take cover* abeg no vex na mistake, i no go ever comment on ur thread.

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Kobicove(m): 1:38am On Mar 16, 2018
Office romance does not always end well

1 Like

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Ore mi.
You d fear like this ? Loool.
Okay, I'm a guy . Just that so many use my system to explore naira land. Once I come online ,don't really check whose (which grammar u call am ?) User name.
But I will be checking now. But will love to chat you up

Grayjoy:
jesuuu!!! *I take cover* abeg no vex na mistake, i no go ever comment on ur thread.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
z11111:
Ore mi.
Okay, I'm a guy . Just that so many use my system to explore naira land. Once I come online ,don't really check whose (which grammar u call am ?) User name.

ahhh!!! Na now my mind come down. Make I rest first. Where do u wan2 chat me up??
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Beke2020: 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2018
Weti u xpect?
z11111:
Ore mi.

Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 2:13am On Mar 17, 2018
I'm glad now that you are relaxed .

As for where I want to chat you up , are you on Twitter ?

Maybe we can chat on Twitter or where u prefer .

Grayjoy:
ahhh!!! Na now my mind come down. Make I rest first. Where do u wan2 chat me up??
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 2:13am On Mar 17, 2018
Loooool

Beke2020:
Weti u xpect?
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
z11111:
I'm glad now that you are relaxed .
As for where I want to chat you up , are you on Twitter ?
Maybe we can chat on Twitter or where u prefer .
Am on twitter, just registered some months back. Am nt a female incase.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by z11111: 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2018
I'm not a female, Incase. Loooooool

Must you be a female to chat on Twitter ?

No nah.

The female I get is cool for me ohhh,not looking for more.

Looool.

What's your Twitter handle

Grayjoy:
Am on twitter, just registered some months back. Am nt a female incase.
Re: I Dated My Co-worker And It Was An Epic Disaster by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
z11111:
I'm not a female, Incase. Loooooool
Must you be a female to chat on Twitter ?
No nah.
The female I get is cool for me ohhh,not looking for more.
Looool.
What's your Twitter handle
posting my handle here will be a mission impossible o.

(1) (Reply)

Man Shares How A Mum Molested Him At 11 & Left Him 'insatiably Sex-hungry" / Goes Completely Nakked To Celebrate Her Birthday (see More Photos) / A Simp And A King (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.