Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL (33819 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga / Mo Salah Becomes Second African To Score 100 Premier League Goals / Portugal Star Ronaldo Becomes Second Player To Ever Reach 100 International Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Awoo88: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
akinszz:
I see
Ronaldo fan. Pele
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
Wilson125:
Good analogy, point101
Exactly bro. If Ronaldo is all about proving himself, he would have left Madrid by now. Afterall he's been there for 9 good years. But he hasn't because there's no bigger club after Madrid. Same way there's no bigger club for Messi after Barcelona
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by akinszz: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
Awoo88:
Ronaldo fan. Pele
who cares about Rinaldo

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by akinszz: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
Awoo88:
Ronaldo fan. Pele
who cares about Rinaldo

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by akinszz: 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
Awoo88:
Ronaldo fan. Pele
who cares about Rinaldo

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Housing(m): 2:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ronaldo remains the best

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by anigbajumo(m): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Troublemaker007:

He should come and prove himself. Period

come to wea,he scored 18 goals in his last 20 matches against top EPL teams,u are still analysis nonsense....overrated league with just noise,Watin special about EPL, I guess British media brouhaha...

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Diffdeef(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
tesppidd:
maybe ronaldo wasn't playing football at man u.

he was playing tennis.

If you look at his Manchester united career,he started as a winger (left winger) and then clearly moved to play as a centre forward when his air threat became more prevalent,you don't expect a winger to score so many goals do you ?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by drshamo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Diffdeef:

Since the Midget Messi doesn't want to go to another club to prove himself,since it took Messi 123 games to reach 100 UCL goals (in Barcelona,all his life),then let's calculate how many games it took Ronaldo to reach 100 UCL goals in real Madrid,Guess what ? It took Ronaldo 98 games to reach 102 goals in UCL since he moved to Madrid in 2009,but Midget Messi has been in Barcelona his entire Career and it took him 123 games.

Maybe U should also check how many matches it took Ronaldo to score 600 career goals and compare it to Messi and thank me latter... Talking about another club, pls suggest a club that is as better as Barca or Madrid, players dream to play for the best team and Barca and Madrid is that best team every players dream of... and don't tell me he should go to EPL to proof himself because He has dragged and disgraced all the England big boys single handedly .... Talk something meaningful next time to back ur argument then I will know u understand football and nt just watching....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by tesppidd: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
Diffdeef:

If you look at his Manchester united career,he started as a winger (left winger) and then clearly moved to play as a centre forward when his air threat became more prevalent,you don't expect a winger to score so many goals do you ?
in the same context messi has been playing as a winger and midfielder for 3 years now.

suarez has been the striker.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by TEYA: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
denkyw:
Messi messiah, it is not about who Reached there first, it is who reached there well...the guy always proofs his better than penaldo. 14 games less no be beans.
My happiness with all this is, all the noise of "he has never scored against Chelsea" has finally ended this year.
If he had scored them only at camp nou, they would say he never scored them at Stamford bridge, but he scored them home and away!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by drshamo(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:
I don't know why people are now saying messi is better than Cr7 cause he did it in 14 games lesser abeg did Ronaldo not reach 300 LA Liga goals in lesser games.

Cr7 is comparable to no one abeg to be quick, use both foot well, has the best goal conversion rate, aerial prowess, he still makes assist, dribbles even though on a lesser rate at least he can, high accuracy no be bean's abeg, Messi gets compared to Maradona or Pele cause they all dribble abeg has there ever been anyone like Cr7 before

Not saying Cr7 is better but cause u are a messi fan doesn't mean u should start talking as if he's by far better than Cr7
They are both world class players ion know how that is hard to see

And for the ones with penaltea please if he doesn't score it u will troll him, now he scores it u are complaining make una go find somewhere siddown abeg

if U watch Messi week in week out U will never even compare him with Ronaldo, Ronaldo is excellent but Messi is a combination of Ronaldinho,Zidane,Maradona, Pele and C. Ronaldo and that's why his name enter dictionary as Immessionante meaning perfect way of playing football....
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by drshamo(m): 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
IyfeNamikaze:

is there any top team in Europe that Ronaldo hasn't scored against? and mind you he is leading in top assist in champions league .

Yes there are few top club Ronaldo have not score against... I won't tell U, its an assignment for U if U doubt my claim...
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by drshamo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
Micheezy7:
All Hail The king (Leo)

Tho i prefer Cr7 but Messi is a better player smiley

Thanks for saying the truth.... I acknowledge Ronaldo's talent and he has cemented his name in the history of football and am happy to have witness him play but Messi is just something U can't compare to anyone in football....

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:
Messi scored 100 goals in 123 games

Ronaldo scored 100 goals in 137 games

Messi is simply the best, Ronaldo can't come close

Messi is not a "complete"" player.

Ronald is.

And Pele has always been a poor analyst of anything football.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DabLord: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Dontquit:
In case u miss the match c Messi wonder...
please i need this pic but i cant download it using operamini.please which site did u download it
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Adada101(m): 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
Everyone talking of messi being the second player to reach 100 goals, I don't think first player to do so was celebrated as much as the second

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Adada101(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
drshamo:

if U watch Messi week in week out U will never even compare him with Ronaldo, Ronaldo is excellent but Messi is a combination of Ronaldinho,Zidane,Maradona, Pele and C. Ronaldo and that's why his name enter dictionary as Immessionante meaning perfect way of playing football....
Your comment was fine until you mentioned Ronaldinho, he may not be the GOAT but he cannot be compared with any other
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Dontquit: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
DabLord:
please i need this pic but i cant download it using operamini.please which site did u download it

Bros u mean even now u can't save the image? Well I crop it out too, if u tried it here and u can't still save it then I can send it to u tru WhatsApp if its k by u.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by InansBobo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:

What are you even saying

The same premier league that gets embarrassed in the UCL

Messi has scored all English top on flight teams in the UCL

Ronaldo just scored 1 goal against Chelsea
sha, I knw messi is the best but I think Ronaldo is more hardworking

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by TheBlessedGuy(m): 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Diffdeef:

Since the Midget Messi doesn't want to go to another club to prove himself,since it took Messi 123 games to reach 100 UCL goals (in Barcelona,all his life),then let's calculate how many games it took Ronaldo to reach 100 UCL goals in real Madrid,Guess what ? It took Ronaldo 98 games to reach 102 goals in UCL since he moved to Madrid in 2009,but Midget Messi has been in Barcelona his entire Career and it took him 123 games.

what you dont get is that,while messi started as a 17 yr old teenager,ronaldo was already in his prime when he joined madrid so that's the difference and moreover he won the ballod'or the previous year
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
They said that he can't perform without Xavi and Iniesta - he proved them wrong
They said that he can't do it without Neymar - he proved them wrong
They said that he can't do without Pep Guardiola - he proved them wrong
They said that he can't do it outside of La Liga - he proved them wrong having destroyed the best teams in Europe
They said that he can't do it against EPL opponent - he proved them wrong, because he has scored against EPL team more than anyone else

But don't expect them to give up yet ... they'd keep looking for reasons, grasping the straws and moving the goalposts. But in the end, they would all confessed that Leo Messi is the B-E-S-T player to ever play the game of football.
QED

O pari

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by deebrownneymar: 3:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nice one by Messi. However, CR7 will forever remain the 1st to achieve this feat.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
Haha!! About 20% of all the goals scored by Cristiano Ronaldo were actually from offside position or from dodgy penalties. Against Bayern Munich alone (last year's UEFA semi finals) he scored 2 penalties and 2 clear offside goals that were allowed to stand. Tells you everything you need to know about the conspiracy in the high places - some folks are determined to do whatever it takes to run up the numbers for Cristiano Ronaldo so he can challenge Messi.

gosh, they even awarded him a Ballon d'Or in a year his team didn't win any silverware whatsoever!

O pari

Housing:
Ronaldo remains the best
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:

What are you even saying

The same premier league that gets embarrassed in the UCL

Ronaldo just scored 1 goal against Chelsea

I suggest you return all the likes you got for this fallacious statement.

CR7 has scored a total of 9 goals against the EPL "Top Six"

Chelsea - 1 goal
Arsenal - 2 goals
Tottenham - 2 goals
Manchester City - 1 goal
Manchester United - 2 goals
Liverpool - 1 goal

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by neezar: 3:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
aieromon:

I suggest you return all the likes you got for this fallacious statement.

CR7 has scored against

Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Manchester City
Manchester United
Liverpool

How many goals has he scored against them

Please swerve ahbeg...For u Ronaldo is better

But for me Messi is the best, Don't ever quote me again
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:

How many goals has he scored against them

9 goals.

Chelsea - 1 goal
Arsenal - 2 goals
Tottenham - 2 goals
Manchester City - 1 goal
Liverpool - 1 goal

Show me proof that he has only scored one goal.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by neezar: 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
aieromon:

9 goals.

Chelsea - 1 goal
Arsenal - 2 goals
Tottenham - 2 goals
Manchester City - 1 goal
Liverpool - 1 goal

You see why you are daft

I said he has scored just 1 goal against Chelsea not all Epl teams

Damn!!! You're 2 dull
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by felix10(m): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Messi vs Chelsea.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by neezar: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
aieromon:

9 goals.

Chelsea - 1 goal
Arsenal - 2 goals
Tottenham - 2 goals
Manchester City - 1 goal
Liverpool - 1 goal

You see why you are daft

Damn!!! You're 2 dull
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:

You see why you are daft

Damn!!! You're 2 dull

Now I get undecided

Messi is better than CR7 because he has scored 3 goals against Chelsea while CR7 has only scored 1. grin grin

Let's forget the fact that he finally scored Chelsea on his 9th attempt grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:

Another big fat lie grin grin

Messi has played Liverpool twice and never scored.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record / Barca To Pay Liverpool Extra €5m After Coutinho Won The UCL For ANOTHER Team / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.