Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL (33827 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga / Mo Salah Becomes Second African To Score 100 Premier League Goals / Portugal Star Ronaldo Becomes Second Player To Ever Reach 100 International Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
engrchykae:
in your analysis try and be fair.
I just tried to know whether you knew whether ronaldo played for sporting Lisbon because many fans didn't know that cr7 played in sporting and that messi played for newell old boys.
That said,Ronaldo started playing professional football before Leo because cr7 was already a professional by 2003/2004 playing for sporting and the Portugal national team in euro 2004 when messi is still in barca B.
It was after the under 20 youth world cup in the Netherlands in 2005 that he was promoted to the barca first team wearing squad number 30 then.

My post was centred on the total number of UEFA Champions League goals scored and the period of time (not number of appearances in the UCL) it took for each player to reach the 100 goals mark. The screenshot showed that Messi had a better goals to app ratio. The screenshot also showed that CR7 started playing European club football before Messi.

I don't care who started playing ball/scoring goals from the womb first because that isn't the topic of discussion. All I care about is when each player started scoring in the UCL and their total UCL goals tally to date.

Show me what I posted about the UCL goals tally that was biased. Facts don't lie.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2244072.html#/
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by babakb: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
Who is talking about Messi when Cr7 is way ahead of him.
Cr7 is UCL Top scorer for 5 consecutive seasons and counting.
Cr7 led Madrid to two consecutive UCL titles and counting.
Cr7 is the first and only player to score in all UCL group stage matches.
Cr7 has the most assist in UCL
Cr7 pass Messi abeg.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Foolish44: 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
engrchykae:
keep your pity.
Sometimes ago,you pitied barca when Ronaldinho left

Only time will tell
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2018
aieromon:

My post was centred on the total number of UEFA Champions League goals scored and the period of time (not number of appearances in the UCL) it took for each player to reach the 100 goals mark. The screenshot showed that Messi had a better goals to app ratio. The screenshot also showed that CR7 started playing European club football before Messi.

I don't care who started playing ball/scoring goals from the womb first because that isn't the topic of discussion. All I care about is when each player started scoring in the UCL and their total UCL goals tally to date.

Show me what I posted about the UCL goals tally that was biased. Facts don't lie.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2244072.html#/
you are a good man

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by drshamo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Adada101:

Your comment was fine until you mentioned Ronaldinho, he may not be the GOAT but he cannot be compared with any other

Am a big fan of Ronaldinho and I enjoyed watching him played.... Tell me one thing Ronaldinho does and Messi can't do? just one.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
drshamo:

if U watch Messi week in week out U will never even compare him with Ronaldo, Ronaldo is excellent but Messi is a combination of Ronaldinho,Zidane,Maradona, Pele and C. Ronaldo and that's why his name enter dictionary as Immessionante meaning perfect way of playing football....

Yhh he's a combination of all those great players
But do u Messi fans ever notice something Messi plays like all those people u mentioned ,left footed love to dribble that's all but please who in ur football history has Ronaldo qualities abeg
Good with both feets,amazing aerial prowess,acrobatic finishes,skillful (first touch football,rabona,the Ronaldo chop,step overs etc) ,his dribble ratio might be low compared to Messi but he has a 0.8 dribble success per over all dribble's but he's still a dribbler,he has an amazing jump level he can jump higher than most NBA basketball players(imagine that),if you don't know Messi''s fan he has more accuracy than Messi,He also make assists and if you also don't know as good as a playmaker as you say Messi is,he leads Ronaldo with just over 18 assists so they both have over 200 assists to their name
Now if you have anyone in your football history that has all these qualities blended into one tell me cause players alike will obviously be compared to each other Ronaldo doesn't fit into any of these guys shoes ,he's a very different player,first of his kind so he can't be compared to old time legends I'm sorry
He's too good not to differ from them
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 12:03am On Apr 15, 2018
donbenie:
Messi gets Compared to Maradona and Pele not because of his dribblings but because he belongs in such RAREFIED company..nobody compares CR7 to them because though he is a great player,he is certainly no Pele nor Maradona..
People talk about the number of goals Messi scores vs Cr7,but the DIFFERENCE between both lies in the fact that if you take away the the goals from their game..Messi would still be a great..do you honestly believe that about Cr7?.

If you take away the goals from Messi's game you have the assists and the dribble's right?
Sorry but do you know Ronaldo is also a dribbler with an average 0.8 dribbles per game Messi just does it better no doubt I can't say the same for their assists cause Messi leads Ronaldo by precarious points

I'm not hating on Messi I honestly don't believe anys the better cause they are both all round complete footballers it's just one's weakness is another's strength and you guys fail to realize that these guys are two different players changing history and comparing them is precarious
I respect both though but the fact that u love Messi doesn't make Ronaldo inferior likewise me liking Ronaldo doesnt Make Messi inferior in my sight

Fact I only prefer Ronaldo cause he's finer and sexier or u want to argue that also?
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 12:05am On Apr 15, 2018
CeeKay17:

Very very false. If you follow football very well, you'd know that Ronaldo take a lot shots to score his goals unlike Messi. And Messi might not be better, but he's way more talented, it's not even close.

So Ronaldo isn't talented

Anyways saying Ronaldo takes a lot of shots is true but do u know he scores a ratio of a goal in every 50 minutes for all those shots
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2018
CeeKay17:

Very very false. If you follow football very well, you'd know that Ronaldo take a lot shots to score his goals unlike Messi. And Messi might not be better, but he's way more talented, it's not even close.

You follow football,I follow the official stats cause if you did you'd have known that since Ronaldo moved to Madrid he's goalscoring ratio has improved and surpassed Messi's.The difference is not even a small one ,just go check it
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 8:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

You follow football,I follow the official stats cause if you did you'd have known that since Ronaldo moved to Madrid he's goalscoring ratio has improved and surpassed Messi's.The difference is not even a small one ,just go check it
I wasn't talking about goal ratio. I said shot convertion ratio isn't as good because Ronaldo takes a lot of shots compared to Messi, yet they still score similar number of goals.
Besides football didn't start when Ronaldo went to Madrid
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

So Ronaldo isn't talented

Anyways saying Ronaldo takes a lot of shots is true but do u know he scores a ratio of a goal in every 50 minutes for all those shots
Every footballer is talented but some are more talented than others, I'm sure you know what I mean
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
CeeKay17:

Every footballer is talented but some are more talented than others, I'm sure you know what I mean

Yup and I'm sure you'd know what having the highest accuracy right now means
Bruv don't be blinded by choice of fandom go online and check their stats so u don't start saying the wrong things
Ronaldo is the better goalscorer anytime,anywhere, since he moved to Madrid
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 5:20pm On Apr 15, 2018
CeeKay17:

I wasn't talking about goal ratio. I said shot convertion ratio isn't as good because Ronaldo takes a lot of shots compared to Messi, yet they still score similar number of goals.
Besides football didn't start when Ronaldo went to Madrid

Yhh it didn't start when he went to Madrid but he has been better since he went to Madrid,I know you love Messi Bruv but he's mostly a domestic winner compared to.Ronaldo who's better internationally and across all competition's

Just stop arguing that Messi 's best cause Ronaldo as good as Messi in everything and better in some and same goes for Messi
None is better just enjoy them
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

Yup and I'm sure you'd know what having the highest accuracy right now means
Bruv don't be blinded by choice of fandom go online and check their stats so u don't start saying the wrong things
Ronaldo is the better goalscorer anytime,anywhere, since he moved to Madrid
You are wrong. Being a better goal scorer or having a higher goal ratio is different from having the highest accuracy. That's what I said.
Who ever said anything about being a better goalscorer?
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2018
Sundayjoko:

Yhh it didn't start when he went to Madrid but he has been better since he went to Madrid,I know you love Messi Bruv but he's mostly a domestic winner compared to.Ronaldo who's better internationally and across all competition's

Just stop arguing that Messi 's best cause Ronaldo as good as Messi in everything and better in some and same goes for Messi
None is better just enjoy them
Where in any of my posts did I say Messi is better?
This is my problem with CR7 fans, when you try to make an objective contribution, they turn it around and assume you're a Messi fan.
Messi is majorly a domestic winner yet he won 4 champions league when CR7 had only one?
He reached 3 international finals compared to Ronaldo's 1?
Bro why are you talking like this na, and I thought you were unbiased.
I'm not even a Messi fan even
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by maxwell530(m): 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
CeeKay17:

This is my problem with CR7 fans, when you try to make an objective contribution, they turn it around and assume you're a Messi fan.
Messi is majorly a domestic winner yet he won 4 champions league when CR7 had only one?
Ronaldo has 4ucl titles too...1 with man utd and 3 with Madrid
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by CeeKay17: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
maxwell530:
Ronaldo has 4ucl titles too...1 with man utd and 3 with Madrid
Of course I know that. I said Messi had 4 while Ronaldo had 1. Now its 4-4 and Ronaldo fans are sounding like football just started in 2014
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
CeeKay17:

I'm still unbiased bruv I just said it that none is better
It's okay to be a fan I just don't support ruling out the other's success because u prefer one
Messi ll always be a great player no one can dispute that
We should just enjoy both of them while we still cn
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Sundayjoko: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
CeeKay17:

You are wrong. Being a better goal scorer or having a higher goal ratio is different from having the highest accuracy. That's what I said.
Who ever said anything about being a better goalscorer?

Sorry bruv he also has the better accuracy
Look it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Barca To Pay Liverpool Extra €5m After Coutinho Won The UCL For ANOTHER Team / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt / Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.